The King of Hate Forums
Phil

Viewers' Choice Spring 2020 POLL Thread!

Viewers' Choice Spring 2020 POLL Thread!  

415 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, DrBlazen said:

What difficulty was he playing on?

Normal, but I seem to remember him lowering mid playthrough. I haven't watched it since 2011 so I could be entirely off base though.

8 minutes ago, JeffBezosRightNut said:

Normal, but I seem to remember him lowering mid playthrough. I haven't watched it since 2011 so I could be entirely off base though.

Yeah, that seems normal. Around the midpoint is when things start to heat up. It's a shame he didn't go all the way though, that last boss fight is crazy. I lost count how many times I died lol

2 hours ago, DrBlazen said:

so maybe people came after the stream

No, tens of accounts were created recently, and I think some of them got automatically banned, probably because they used a suspicious VPN, if that's not a red-flag, nothing is. This poll is rigged from top to bottom.

30 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

No, tens of accounts were created recently, and I think some of them got automatically banned, probably because they used a suspicious VPN, if that's not a red-flag, nothing is. This poll is rigged from top to bottom.

So....just like Deus Ex then? I'll be honest, I lost interest in this whole thing when Catherine got axed. Also, as others on here have mentioned, Phil will probably play what he wants regardless of the outcome. On the bright side though he may play all these games ( including Catherine ) when newer releases dry up and he has free time.

Edited by DrBlazen

7 minutes ago, DrBlazen said:

On the bright side though he may play all these games ( including Catherine ) when newer releases dry up and he has free time.

By his own will, he'll rather play Minesweeper than Catherine. It has to win an event.

1 hour ago, DrBlazen said:

Yeah, that seems normal. Around the midpoint is when things start to heat up. It's a shame he didn't go all the way though, that last boss fight is crazy. I lost count how many times I died lol

For the first game, I think if you know the technique Inazuma, you're pretty much set for the majority of the obstacles.

3 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

By his own will, he'll rather play Minesweeper than Catherine. It has to win an event.

Not entirely true. He hated Minecraft at first and eventually warmed up to it. One day he might get a weird puzzle game itch and finally try it out, especially since there was previous demand for it.

5 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

For the first game, I think if you know the technique Inazuma, you're pretty much set for the majority of the obstacles.

I cant remember which one that was. I knew like two techs throughout that whole game lol

Phil has to find a way to fix this fake voting nonsense or else there's no point in having these player's choice events anymore.

Edited by Osium
P

If it wasn't obvious to anyone before, this website is one of the worst places to do a poll. And the event is a bit of a sham.

1) Viewers choice restrictions only mentioned after hitting first goal

2) Several games dropped from the poll even though they qualified

3) Plenty of fake voting

4) Phil tells @MoraMoria on stream yesterday that its pretty much an "oh well" situation due to human error about the games getting dropped cause there have been 3 days of voting already

This is among the worst instances of Viewers Choice that there has been and it really does not inspire confidence in the future of the event. Even though that was already pretty bad given past issues with this type of event.

Time for Phil to work on finding a solution or just ending these events

Edited by Another_Derich
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Osium said:

Phil has to find a way to fix this fake voting nonsense or else there's no point in having these player's choice events anymore.

2 minutes ago, Another_Derich said:

Time for Phil to work on finding a solution or just ending these events

I have suggested Phil to do it in a way that would minimize the fake voting, and that is to open the poll during a stream, one or two minutes. This is because as long as they have time, it's pretty much impossible to stop someone from rigging it, (whether is the Forums, Twitter, etc). There's options like IP/cookies restrictions, but can be circumvented easily, specially when the threads are open for weeks.

Doing it quickly during a stream would be a better obstacle for someone that wants to cheat, as the time is limited & they would have to put more effort into it, and also, most of the voters will most likely be regulars, that's why I think this might be a better idea than the current method.

However Phil won't do this because would be unfair to people who are not in the stream at that moment, but I think now it's unfair to everyone.

Point is, anyone with time, can create accounts & change their IP/session/cookies/other, so the solution is to limit the duration. What do you think?

1 hour ago, MoraMoria said:

Point is, anyone with time, can create accounts & change their IP/session/cookies/other, so the solution is to limit the duration. What do you think?

It will probably still receive fake votes but I would agree that a limit on duration would most likely go a long way towards mitigating the fake votes. Your point about fairness is spot on. It might be unfair to those who can't make the stream but right now its literally only fair to whatever person/handful of people have the time to boost fraudulent votes.

In the end, does it matter? People care more about the special vest than the games. A literal menu simulator is among the top places. A special person made a bunch of sock accounts just to bump his favorite games even though they would be a snorefest to watch. You have to be that special to put this much effort just to vote for something so boring.

Edited by babymngaming456
  • Like 1

On 3/31/2020 at 6:10 AM, babymngaming456 said:

That's mostly referencing Fire Emblem.

There's more to Fire emblem than just menu browsing but sadly Phil has too much pride to get into develop relationships within the game because he's married.

I take it we can’t nominate anymore and can only vote in the poll list?

Horrible choices for games yet again. Maybe Deus Ex would be a decent playthrough but besides that, I think I’ll sit this one out again.

13 minutes ago, GlamorousJarl30 said:

Ok, someone's been making fake accounts on this. Lisa the Painful went from last to first in less than a day.

Not sure you've read this thread, but yes.

3 hours ago, GlamorousJarl30 said:

Ok, someone's been making fake accounts on this. Lisa the Painful went from last to first in less than a day.

Same thing with Deus Ex. It went from 5-6 to like 30 in a short amount of time on the first day

2020-04-02_19-37-23.png

Cool another viewers choice ruined by losers who think their opinion should hold more weight than other’s.

5 hours ago, LilWheezy said:

Aww I was hoping Max Payne 2 made the list

Isn't MP2 really hard though? I've only played the first one but I've had friends say the second one has bad spikes in some areas.

1 hour ago, CarlosG said:

Isn't MP2 really hard though? I've only played the first one but I've had friends say the second one has bad spikes in some areas.

Nah, they're about the same.

21 hours ago, RJNickins said:

I take it we can’t nominate anymore and can only vote in the poll list?

Horrible choices for games yet again. Maybe Deus Ex would be a decent playthrough but besides that, I think I’ll sit this one out again.

We had an opportunity to nominate super monkey ball, but we didn't take it.

How does Lisa go from less votes to most? Somebody spamming with alts.

• Upvote 2