The King of Hate Forums

Viewers' Choice Spring 2020 POLL Thread!

Viewers' Choice Spring 2020 POLL Thread!  

417 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

How does Lisa go from less votes to most? Somebody spamming with alts.

Deus Ex is the same way. It went from5-6 and immediately jumped to 30 and continues to increase by a crazy amount. I don't know why they bother, Phil usually plays whatever he wants anyway during these Choice events

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Turns out it's way easier to track fake votes than I thought. I can even see the minute that each vote was recorded. No votes coming in, then all of a sudden 30 in 10 minutes? I don't think so. I

Didn't catherine get quite a few votes too?   Also what a shitty lineup of games lol

Deus EX? Talking about boring options.

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

Of course, it's so blatant, you can even tell there's several cheaters.

I can't remember who but someone made a " DSP play's " card for Deus for the stream slideshow shorty after the vote jump, seems pretty sus to me

Not trying to accuse anyone but it does seem pretty odd

Edited by DrBlazen
30 minutes ago, DrBlazen said:

someone made a " DSP play's " card for Deus for the stream slideshow shorty after the vote jump, seems pretty sus to me Not trying to accuse anyone but it does seem pretty odd

Well, let's not hint towards individual accounts because it would be unfair if they're not really doing anything, but yes, some have footprints all over the place.

It's just selfish cheaters after all, that are so incompetent they can't even hide it.

1 hour ago, DrBlazen said:

I can't remember who but someone made a " DSP play's " card for Deus for the stream slideshow shorty after the vote jump, seems pretty sus to me

Not trying to accuse anyone but it does seem pretty odd

I’d lean more towards that being a joke about the inevitability of the deus ex playthrough.

So Lisa, Deus Ex, and Celeste have all been boosted? What are the real leads here, Fire Emblem and Banjo?

Phil has mentioned on stream that he has not even looked at the votes when people ask what games are leading. So has he not even noticed that there is fraudulent voting on his event?

Just now, Another_Derich said:

So has he not even noticed that there is fraudulent voting on his event?

No, he knows that very well. Now it's up to him to do something once the poll closes.

10 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

No, he knows that very well. Now it's up to him to do something once the poll closes.

Do we know when the poll ends? I wish there was a strict time that was set ahead of time. If there is, I may have overlooked it. I hope you are right that he does knows. We'll see if he does something.

Wow Lisa the Painful shot up big time! Wow. Came out of nowhere. Hope it is good.

1 hour ago, Another_Derich said:

So Lisa, Deus Ex, and Celeste have all been boosted? What are the real leads here, Fire Emblem and Banjo?

Phil has mentioned on stream that he has not even looked at the votes when people ask what games are leading. So has he not even noticed that there is fraudulent voting on his event?

Probably does not care, more traffic=more money for this site. 

21 minutes ago, Blackspawn89 said:

Wow Lisa the Painful shot up big time! Wow. Came out of nowhere. Hope it is good.

Probably does not care, more traffic=more money for this site. 

How would people visiting this website generate money for Phil? It's not like he has ads or sponsorships running on here.

2 minutes ago, Osium said:

How would people visiting this website generate money for Phil? It's not like he has ads or sponsorships running on here.

True but i am sure more activity and user sign-ins probably helps with the algorithm of finding this forum on search domains(Google, Yahoo). WIthout all these signins, this is a very baron forum altogether just from an activity standpoint.  

22 minutes ago, Blackspawn89 said:

True but i am sure more activity and user sign-ins probably helps with the algorithm of finding this forum on search domains(Google, Yahoo). WIthout all these signins, this is a very baron forum altogether just from an activity standpoint.  

Why would Phil care about improving this website's SEO. The people that come here, are doing so because they know about DSP, and for the most part they do it to participate on these events, which you'd only know if you watch his streams and at least care about it.

This is pretty much a fan Forum, to run things like these, not a website mainly dedicated to profit earning activities.

2 hours ago, Another_Derich said:

Do we know when the poll ends?

Not sure, but I think most of the time he lets 2 weeks to pass after he announces the start of a nomination/voting thread, then he closes it.

Edited by MoraMoria

Because the place is a wasteland activity wise but I doubt Phil really cares about the alts. This is purely just done to please the Stream contributors and for this to be said that he did this for the sub goal. I mean Patreon has been nearly devalued to the point that there's no real point to subscribing to it. And I say this as someone who contributed in the past to his Patreon count back when this event meant something to the Patreon only pledges.

Edited by Blackspawn89
53 minutes ago, brownsyndrome said:

the forums are no good for doing viewers choice it has to be twitter polls or something 

You can also exploit that, very easily.

I've already posted my view, which is by limiting the time of voting to 1-2 minutes while on stream, (via Twitch/Strawpoll-link), that I think is the fairest way to do it. Because with time & dedication anyone can rig Internet polls.

3 hours ago, FLGibson97 said:

Is it not possible that a lot of people just voted for Deus Ex in quick succession because the poll had just started?

Yes, but is also undeniable that there are sock-accounts, and a lot of them. To believe that Deux Ex wasn't touched by them, is more than wishful thinking.

At this point you should treat this poll as being rigged from every angle, and the Admins should look into it. Doing otherwise would be turning a blind eye on this, and these events should not be called "Viewers choice" events in any way, shape or form anymore.

Edited by MoraMoria
  • Upvote 1

Phil should just stop doing Viewer's Choice, honestly. More often than not he doesn't play what wins the poll anyway. People have been begging him for Code Vein since it came out, he should've made that the sub goal.

• Like 1
  • Phil locked this topic
  • Phil unpinned this topic