The King of Hate Forums

Viewers' Choice Spring 2020 POLL Thread!

Viewers' Choice Spring 2020 POLL Thread!  

417 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Turns out it's way easier to track fake votes than I thought. I can even see the minute that each vote was recorded. No votes coming in, then all of a sudden 30 in 10 minutes? I don't think so. I

Didn't catherine get quite a few votes too?   Also what a shitty lineup of games lol

Deus EX? Talking about boring options.

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, ClessAngel said:

Why doesn't phil just count the nominations on the first post as the official count?

Because a lot of people don't really show up until later and would probably just do the same thing there anyways

On 4/5/2020 at 10:52 AM, babymngaming456 said:

Go Lisa socks.

If it's any consolation, the game seems to have a pretty positive rating on Steam. So theres that at least.

675765.png

Edited by DrBlazen
1 hour ago, ClessAngel said:

Why doesn't phil just count the nominations on the first post as the official count?

One of the reasons might be because in theory it makes the winning-game more accurate. So for the people like me that don't have their wanted games in the poll/close to winning, now I get the chance to vote on my favourite amongst the popular ones.

So now they'll get the votes from the people that nominated them, and from all of the rest that didn't, so the votes are less scattered in the end.

On 4/5/2020 at 10:29 AM, MoraMoria said:

limiting the time of voting to 1-2 minutes while on stream, (via Twitch/Strawpoll-link), that I think is the fairest way to do it. Because with time & dedication anyone can rig Internet polls.

I agree with this by the way. Theres no point in these polls if they are just gonna get rigged in the end.

1 hour ago, DrBlazen said:

Using Twitch to vote is a terrible idea. Have you ever been to any of Phil's streams? The chat is a clusterfuck of trolls, you're just asking for trouble by doing it that way

whats the difference here tbh?

Twitch is a bad idea because the hours Phil runs these are not good for the common 9-5 worker, there is a decent part of the fanbase that isn't home all the time to catch his streams live. Same with his evening times for the European crowd. 

Not even speaking about the fact that there are banned people like myself from Twitch from a now rogue ex mod and that 1-2 mods do not respond to whispers, most likely due to Phil telling them to turn whispers off on Twitch so Twitch is a huge no go. 

Edited by Blackspawn89
1 hour ago, Blackspawn89 said:

Not even speaking about the fact that there are banned people like myself from Twitch from a now rogue ex mod and that 1-2 mods do not respond to whispers, most likely due to Phil telling them to turn whispers off on Twitch so Twitch is a huge no go.

You can send an apology email or make a backup account like pwdubz to ask for unbans, seems to works as well as emails.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, babymngaming456 said:

You can send an apology email or make a backup account like pwdubz to ask for unbans, seems to works as well as emails.

Asked Phil on here, no response. Asked Madara who asked Phil, no response and if you tip or cheer than Phil will say you know the ways to reach me for an unban. Not even multiple bans, no time out or anything. With the new feature of not seeing the chat while banned, moving the voting to Twitch is a bad idea IMHO. 

Edited by Blackspawn89
23 minutes ago, Blackspawn89 said:

Asked Phil on here, no response. Asked Madara who asked Phil, no response and if you tip or cheer than Phil will say you know the ways to reach me for an unban. Not even multiple bans, no time out or anything. With the new feature of not seeing the chat while banned, moving the voting to Twitch is a bad idea IMHO. 

Yeah, I completely forgot about the issue of bad mods and just being ignored for issues in chat as well as the new chat changes. It was actually just a few days ago that a mod was still downplaying coronavirus. Some of the mods are dumb, useless, or both. Twitch polls might not be viable with the quality of mods present on the stream.

4 hours ago, Blackspawn89 said:

What's your Twitch name? If you did nothing and were banned because of a rogue ex-mod, you should have no trouble to go back. If you want, I can try and ask him or another mod myself.

So then, everyone should forget about any future event of this type. If there's time to rig it, it will be done, & if it's done quickly via Twitch/Strawpoll-links, from what people in this thread have said, would be overwhelmed by trolls.

My point was that regardless of who votes, the issue should be about mitigating multiple-voting, (I.e: By the same person), since you're never going to separate trolls from regular viewers/fans choices.

• Upvote 1
16 hours ago, DrBlazen said:

[talking about Lisa The Painful

If it's any consolation, the game seems to have a pretty positive rating on Steam. So theres that at least.

It *is* a very good game.

However, it's not the kind of game that Phil is used to. It's rather punishing; goes in deep with no lube. Has some very weird, bizarre and disgusting moments. As well as sad, depressing, heartfelt and parts that will have you questioning your morals as a player. and has some very sinister and dark undertones and themes that may go over his head.

Probably why people want him to play it. Because it'd be great watching him lose his temper and mind playing it.

It'll be the most delicious train wreck.

Lisa Sock Account, no...!  TwT

Ask for help from your Russian Hacker friends or anyone to help rig the votes!

Granted, he does have a choice with Diddy Kong Racing as there's a Nintendo DS port, but frankly it's inferior to the original. Mostly because of some of the voice acting choices they made. Like Taj. He went from having a jolly Indian accent to a rather bland, boring British one. 

Get the N64 version, do it for OG Taj.

It doesn't matter in the end. If Phil cares about this in the slightest, all those fraudulent votes will be invalidated.

Normally I wouldn't care or press much on this, but for this time I'll personally remind the Admins to look into it, because of how blatant & selfish these cheaters are.

32 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

It doesn't matter in the end. If Phil cares about this in the slightest, all those fraudulent votes will be invalidated.

Normally I wouldn't care or press much on this, but for this time I'll personally remind the Admins to look into it, because of how blatant & selfish these cheaters are.

You really don't want Phil to play LISA do you?

Funny how there are only like 10 people who use this place regularly and we get hundreds and hundreds of voters.

2 hours ago, babymngaming456 said:

Should be renamed to special N64 viewers' choice.

What it should be is cancelled. Phil needs to talk about alternative plans if he wants to keep this going. This isn't something worth subbing for. But then again, a large chunk of the subs were taken care of my a single person who is very invested in reaching the goal so most people in stream chat probably don't care.

31 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

Pretty sure last time they were invalidated. I don't remember what game got pushed aside last time but it would be nice if fraudulent votes were removed before the end of the voting period so participants can get an accurate idea of what is happening. Are admins or Phil going to remove the games altogether and go from what is remaining in the list? Re-do the counts personally? What is happening at this point?

1 hour ago, Puggy said:

You really don't want Phil to play LISA do you?

I don't care about that. It's because of how flagrant the fraudulent voting is, and even if they were boosting Catherine, (one of the games I wanted), I'd do the same thing. Because it's unfair to everyone that is participating while following the rules.

1 hour ago, babymngaming456 said:

If votes are removed for being socks, people will complain about the poll being rigged by Phil

But if he doesn't, it's also rigged, and people will complain about that.

You know, an Administrator can technically modify the voting at will, by editing the topic. People will say that Phil will rig the poll by dismissing the numbers, when he could just edit them or multiple-vote himself. If it's for accusing him of something, you can do it like this and be done.

AdminPoll0.thumb.png.835116d4945ab85388dfabb0c0e58b0a.png

1 hour ago, Another_Derich said:

Are admins or Phil going to remove the games altogether and go from what is remaining in the list? Re-do the counts personally? What is happening at this point?

You can just easily search for alts, delete them, and see each option of the poll that was interacted with by them. If he chooses to recount, (if there's not a better option), it shouldn't take more than 3 minutes I bet, with the way that's set up. He can also get a general look at how many votes were done by the same VPN in other window. There's a bunch of ways for him to do this, but like we've already said, it's up to him.

PollAdmin.thumb.png.e0d656071ca109887c8173351ed8baa2.png

• Upvote 2
22 minutes ago, babymngaming456 said:

No, they will not complain. But they will complain if Phil affects the poll in any way and accuse him of rigging it. Even if it's deleting sock votes.

LISA: The Painful is a great game he should just play it regardless. That said, I do think Phil won't really get it if he does play it. It'll go over his head in a lot of ways.

• Phil locked this topic
  • Phil unpinned this topic