The King of Hate Forums

Nobody's talking to me.

It's supposed to be an interactive stream but chat doesn't interact wit him. What's the point then?

24 minutes ago, Another_Derich said:

Definitely still happens even with this weird vest thing.

True, it was Morrowind and Animal Crossing. Though he didn't imply he's going to drop the games.

Edited by babymngaming456
5 hours ago, Royal_Phalanx91 said:

If people are bored by the stream then of course they won't interact

And it also doesn't help that there are certain rules and things the streamer actually says that puts a clamp down on what conversation can be had in chat. How many times have you heard that the chat has been derailed because viewers are no longer talking about the game being played. People just wanna shoot the shit sometimes.

7 hours ago, Royal_Phalanx91 said:

It's the streamer's job to entertain the audience, not the audience's job to entertain the streamer. If people are bored by the stream then of course they won't interact. 

They interact. Just with each other instead of Phil. Nothing wrong with that either. Phil has a setup that keeps him from seeing what a lot of chat is saying and when he does see it, he doesn't always acknowledge people or what they are saying so they probably think he doesn't see what they say. After that, they can either spam what they are saying or talk to others in chat instead.

On 4/8/2020 at 8:57 AM, Royal_Phalanx91 said:

It's the streamer's job to entertain the audience, not the audience's job to entertain the streamer. If people are bored by the stream then of course they won't interact. 

This is true. Before Phil, I've never heard someone say it was up to the stream chat to entertain the stream. 

On 4/8/2020 at 10:39 AM, Another_Derich said:

They interact. Just with each other instead of Phil. Nothing wrong with that either. Phil has a setup that keeps him from seeing what a lot of chat is saying and when he does see it, he doesn't always acknowledge people or what they are saying so they probably think he doesn't see what they say. After that, they can either spam what they are saying or talk to others in chat instead.

Then Phil should get involved in the conversations that are happening in the chat instead of demanding people talk about something else.

14 minutes ago, FloydMayweather said:

This is true. Before Phil, I've never heard someone say it was up to the stream chat to entertain the stream. 

I think Phil has social issues. He doesn't really know how to talk to people, he mostly talks at people. What I mean by that is he'll say things and respond to things in chat, tips, and cheers but he's not really making conversation. 

17 hours ago, babymngaming456 said:

What's wrong with the mods when a guy gets banned for this? How do you even justify this? No wonder people don't want to interact in such environment.

mods.jpg.a93b843371d6d9ec8513069e34e52202.jpg

16 hours ago, JeffBezosRightNut said:

DSP tells his mods to ban anything political, so my guess is that they took those statements as political.

If thats the cause then they illustrates they are bad mods in another way because there are very clear political statements in chat that get overlooked and don't even get a 5 second timeout.

8 hours ago, Another_Derich said:

If thats the cause then they illustrates they are bad mods in another way because there are very clear political statements in chat that get overlooked and don't even get a 5 second timeout.

It's been a long time since I've participated in his stream chat, and I know there are new mods since then so it might may not be like this anymore, but the mods I've seen were very biased. Certain people could say whatever they wanted, or if a political statement was something they agreed with, etc. Beyond politics, for a while detractors were getting unbanned because they were friends of a mod. So yeah, there is a history of bad mods.

3 hours ago, JeffBezosRightNut said:

It's been a long time since I've participated in his stream chat, and I know there are new mods since then so it might may not be like this anymore, but the mods I've seen were very biased. Certain people could say whatever they wanted, or if a political statement was something they agreed with, etc. Beyond politics, for a while detractors were getting unbanned because they were friends of a mod. So yeah, there is a history of bad mods.

And the history continues. There was a cheer tonight that was joking. @Phil read it and played off of it with a joke and after the cheer and interaction, the mod times out the person who cheered. And then claimed it was out of line and a "meme" against Phil. straightcashhomie29 is a straight up dumbass. Thats the problem with getting mods with no understanding of humor and think too highly of themselves, they turn into ban happy jackasses. Drsgangsta141 is also pretty stupid and against groups of people using emotes.

10 hours ago, babymngaming456 said:

Then he banned the guy for this.

mod2.jpg.f49e17e32c5269ae22249a25f478ab31.jpg

Awful. Rather than actually fess up and say he made a mistake or see why he messed up, he is stubborn and doubles down and being a dumbass. Power tripping mod who is abusing timeouts and bans.

Hey, @Phil, you said people tell you good things about the new mods. Well, consider this someone telling you that straightcashhomie is obviously doing poorly.

• Like 1

I think Phil wants people he perceives to be members of his "community" to be moderators, but that often just means regular donators and isn't a good judge of character anyway. If he's not going to vet these people more, he needs to take a more active role in moderation to make sure none of his mods are acting out. If he doesn't care about this issue, there's little point in being interactive to begin with because no one wants to participate in a drama filled chat where mods have small dick syndrome and there aren't consistent rules.

I don't think anyone expects Phil to hire full time moderation staff, but talking to these guys in private and making sure they're going to be unbiased would solve most issues as well as listening to viewer feedback like on this forum.

Edited by JeffBezosRightNut