The King of Hate Forums
triforcedlink

[1/27] [PS4] Dying Light Discussion

This playthrough is really bad... and it's not because the game is bad. It's because Phil is just crying the whole time about the game. The game is apparently WAY too difficult for him. He fell through a big open space on a tower and went on a rant about the game even though you could clearly see it was a gap before he walked there. He doesn't pay attention and then rips the game for something that he did wrong.

Then he's making comments like "dude, there are so many zombies" and sounding distressed about it. Hello?! It's a game about fucking zombies! Of course there are going to be zombies everywhere! What did you think, there would only be one or two easy zombies around each time you had to do a mission? Good lord. Like what do you even expect when you're playing a zombie game, especially one that's basically a sequel to the Dead Island games? Think. Find ways to kill them. Stop expecting your hand to be held every second.

He's also bitching about a zipline saying "yup, just like in Far Cry 3 and 4". Who gives a shit?! It's a zipline. Is it really that serious or important? Jesus, dude. Crying about every little thing you come across. All because you died multiple times because of things that you did wrong. It ruins the gameplay when his whole commentary is just bitching and moaning. And he's poking fun at the story already when he has barely done any story missions.  It's obvious he's just hating on everything because he's frustrated from dying in stupid ways due to the way he's playing. The gameplay is not enjoyable to watch if you're going to bitch and moan the whole time. And oddly enough, it's getting more views than most of his other gameplays are recently. You know why? Because people want to see this game. It's fun to watch. But that crying in every video just ruins it for people.

And all of the above examples are only over the course of a couple videos from today. It's sad.

This playthrough is really bad... and it's not because the game is bad. It's because Phil is just crying the whole time about the game. The game is apparently WAY too difficult for him. He fell through a big open space on a tower and went on a rant about the game even though you could clearly see it was a gap before he walked there. He doesn't pay attention and then rips the game for something that he did wrong.

Then he's making comments like "dude, there are so many zombies" and sounding distressed about it. Hello?! It's a game about fucking zombies! Of course there are going to be zombies everywhere! What did you think, there would only be one or two easy zombies around each time you had to do a mission? Good lord. Like what do you even expect when you're playing a zombie game, especially one that's basically a sequel to the Dead Island games? Think. Find ways to kill them. Stop expecting your hand to be held every second.

He's also bitching about a zipline saying "yup, just like in Far Cry 3 and 4". Who gives a shit?! It's a zipline. Is it really that serious or important? Jesus, dude. Crying about every little thing you come across. All because you died multiple times because of things that you did wrong. It ruins the gameplay when his whole commentary is just bitching and moaning. And he's poking fun at the story already when he has barely done any story missions.  It's obvious he's just hating on everything because he's frustrated from dying in stupid ways due to the way he's playing. The gameplay is not enjoyable to watch if you're going to bitch and moan the whole time. And oddly enough, it's getting more views than most of his other gameplays are recently. You know why? Because people want to see this game. It's fun to watch. But that crying in every video just ruins it for people.

And all of the above examples are only over the course of a couple videos from today. It's sad.

​Also its pretty obvious that you can't see that well since its night time so he should have just waited till day time to try and do the mission. Phil is clearly getting frustrated with the game which is hurting the playthrough alot.

​Also its pretty obvious that you can't see that well since its night time so he should have just waited till day time to try and do the mission. Phil is clearly getting frustrated with the game which is hurting the playthrough alot.

​Yeah, he kept starting missions at dusk which baffled me. I don't even have the game yet but I know there's double XP or whatever at night. Why not use the night time to run around trying to level up fast/explore dangerously while not caring if you die or not. Then start a mission in the morning. It's not that difficult to plan out. He hardly has any abilities unlocked and he already wants to judge things and give up.

And stop taking every death so seriously. Laugh at yourself sometimes. It'll make the viewers laugh too. When you immediately freak out and go into your sarcastic "wow, what a great game" then it just becomes eye roll worthy and dull to watch. Especially when everyone can see it's your own fault but you. This is the problem with your playthroughs and why people say they aren't as good anymore. Please do some self analysis instead of pointing fingers at everyone else. 

I actually like the playthrough so far. The Game is a bit on the boring site though, but it keeps getting better imo.

I have another question. Is there somewhere the cool van damme fan thing from jacky chin on the internet? The funny montage?

​I hope he doesn't because personally I think the game is very interesting.

​It had a slow beginning but is picking up right now. I think phil just needs to get used to the controls and how the game works.

• Upvote 1

​him complaining because hes dying yeah i agree, him saying it feels like far cry 3/4 and dead island is true, it does fee like a re hash of those two games. the only thing i saw that really stood out in the game so far was when a zombie did parkour. but that isnt enough to make the game different , so hopefully we'll see it get better on friday

​him complaining because hes dying yeah i agree, him saying it feels like far cry 3/4 and dead island is true, it does fee like a re hash of those two games. the only thing i saw that really stood out in the game so far was when a zombie did parkour. but that isnt enough to make the game different , so hopefully we'll see it get better on friday

​You seem to have changed your statement and started saying that the game is bad. Tbh the game is a pretty original combination of Mirrors Edge/Dead Island and i think you are just trying to say the game is bad/boring 

​You seem to have changed your statement and started saying that the game is bad. Tbh the game is a pretty original combination of Mirrors Edge/Dead Island and i think you are just trying to say the game is bad/boring 

​changed my statement? i never said anything about it before today.

​changed my statement? i never said anything about it before today.

​no, I worded that wrong

you seemed to agree with what the other guy said in saying that it's a bad play through 

but you are saying its a bad play through because it's a bad game, and while that may be true in your opinion, it's a mechanically solid game with many positive features that definitely outweigh the negatives 

​no, I worded that wrong

you seemed to agree with what the other guy said in saying that it's a bad play through 

but you are saying its a bad play through because it's a bad game, and while that may be true in your opinion, it's a mechanically solid game with many positive features that definitely outweigh the negatives 

​i worded mine wrong too. what i meant was i dont see anything that would interest me in buying it. it seems like a hash of dead island and far cry 3/4 soo far. maybe today with more gameplay that could change. the reason why it seems like a re hash , is because running around with a weapon , finding safe houses if u want them, thats dead island. 

climbing towers seems like far cry 3 and 4. i know that when a new game comes out u will always draw parallels to other games , however there probably is something that makes this game fun. we'll see  

the climbing is more related to mirrors edge, because the climbing mechanics are built more around that. It is a mix of games, yes, but I feel like it was done with care and you shouldn't judge the game until you play it yourself

​i worded mine wrong too. what i meant was i dont see anything that would interest me in buying it. it seems like a hash of dead island and far cry 3/4 soo far. maybe today with more gameplay that could change. the reason why it seems like a re hash , is because running around with a weapon , finding safe houses if u want them, thats dead island. 

climbing towers seems like far cry 3 and 4. i know that when a new game comes out u will always draw parallels to other games , however there probably is something that makes this game fun. we'll see  

PC's in general have more hardware capability then consoles. It's just that Consoles are more marketable and user friendly to buyers at least in my opinion.

PC master race joke is mildly amusing to me by the way. No denying that some games look F*CKING gorgeous on it though (Skyrim is but one example I can think off.)

• Upvote 1

PC's in general have more hardware capability then consoles. It's just that Consoles are more marketable and user friendly to buyers at least in my opinion.

PC master race joke is mildly amusing to me by the way. No denying that some games look F*CKING gorgeous on it though (Skyrim is but one example I can think off.)

​Indeed all the Bethesd games on pc are quite amazing you could sepnd so much time modding and playing them its crazy.

​Indeed all the Bethesd games on pc are quite amazing you could sepnd so much time modding and playing them its crazy.​

Agreed.

That being said, why the hell hasn't Phil abused the option to grind up his levels at night? The "double XP" thing is just ripe for abuse and plundering. Then again, he might not want to have any of his viewers get bored. I am probably complaining for nothing, because Phil seems set on the path of side-quests, which will level him up quite nicely. That being said the Gas side-quest was quite entertaining. I was honestly surprised by it. 

Nice to see that positive attitude that he was bragging about lasted about a whole day. Then he went back to bitching, moaning and pointing the finger at everyone but himself at the end of the game. Well, it could have been a good playthrough if he was able to stay positive and laugh at himself when he dies/fails but instead, he went back to his old ways and ruined it. And he's going to review the game without even trying the Be the Zombie mode which looks pretty fun. Or any co-op. Just bad all around.

• Upvote 3

Gotta be completely honest here: I didn't watch a second of this playthrough, but I am looking forward to the review. Hateful Truth is one of the few things Phil does that I still find worthwhile.

Oddly enough, the publishers of this game didn't release any review copies. Good move, in my opinion, though I'm sure most gaming journalists went into a fit of rage over it.

Nice to see that positive attitude that he was bragging about lasted about a whole day. Then he went back to bitching, moaning and pointing the finger at everyone but himself at the end of the game. Well, it could have been a good playthrough if he was able to stay positive and laugh at himself when he dies/fails but instead, he went back to his old ways and ruined it. And he's going to review the game without even trying the Be the Zombie mode which looks pretty fun. Or any co-op. Just bad all around.

​Its pretty obvious he wasn't enjoying the game during the games last sequence. This is why Phil should just take breathers and clear his head whenever he feels frustrated during a game or else its only going to make the playthrough worse which is what ruined the final boss area in KH 1.

​The playthrough was already ruined where the survivor rank glitch happened and threw the game balance upside down. I'm surprised he decided to put up with it and continue on.

Anyhow, I watched the last batch of videos. His frustration was completely justified. No gamer should be forced to humbly and silently endure such nonsense. First Watch Dogs, then AC: Unity, then Lords of the Fallen, now this...I personally hope there will be more vocal reactions against unfinished products, not less, or else situations like these will become the norm.

​The playthrough was already ruined where the survivor rank glitch happened and threw the game balance upside down. I'm surprised he decided to put up with it and continue on.

Anyhow, I watched the last batch of videos. His frustration was completely justified. No gamer should be forced to humbly and silently endure such nonsense. First Watch Dogs, then AC: Unity, then Lords of the Fallen, now this...I personally hope there will be more vocal reactions against unfinished products, not less, or else situations like these will become the norm.

From what I saw, he simply kept screwing up at the end so his frustration absolutely was not justified. He kept jumping too early in the last part so he wouldn't make jumps, he actually walked off of narrow planks multiple times and blamed the game that the character was walking on banana peels. How about moving him correctly with the control stick? Then he didn't pay attention to his surrounds, backed up and fell in a hole. Then claimed the level glitched or something when you could see the drop off there, he just wasn't paying attention to the layout of the area. Yeah, it sucks that the game glitched and he lost some levels but the rest of the failures are on him. He doesn't own up to it.

Gotta be completely honest here: I didn't watch a second of this playthrough, but I am looking forward to the review. Hateful Truth is one of the few things Phil does that I still find worthwhile.

Oddly enough, the publishers of this game didn't release any review copies. Good move, in my opinion, though I'm sure most gaming journalists went into a fit of rage over it.

​The ironic part is that he's doing a review after only playing the single player mode. He used to bash the hell out of other reviews if they didn't play every game mode first... now that's exactly what he's doing. It would have been nice to see the Be the Zombie mode. Or to see how it goes if he tried some co-op. But oh well. It's just laziness on his part. He wants to rush more "edited videos" out there like this review. He gets the easy views with those. He's obviously blaming the game for things he did wrong so that will taint the review. And he isn't trying the other modes within the game. It won't be a review worth valuing in that case.