The King of Hate Forums
travie64

Did Kenny Omega Really Want to Play with DSP?

DSP recently said that the trolls were the reason why he missed his chance at playing Street Fighter with Kenny Omega, but apparently Kenny Omega knew of DSP before that?

Not only that, but apparently he made from of him in 2016 with this tweet?

Did Phil exaggerate the story?

I don't see any troll comments on the Tweet. Plot twist, Kenny was the troll the whole time. :biggrin:

I assume it's like with most things: trolls could have potentially ruined it. And not that they actually ruined it.

Um, I was well aware that Kenny knew who I was. That's why I tweeted him originally, and he seemed up for the idea. You do realize that pretty much everyone on the internet has made fun of me at some point, right? If I were angry at that, I'd pretty much hate everyone on the planet. I don't, I know how to laugh at myself and my very public misfortunes over the years.

Then trolls bombarded that tweet (not the 2016 tweet but the one years later about Anniversary collection) with negative responses, saying "you don't know anything about the FGC if you play with that guy!" and similar bullshit. He then responded saying something like "Geez guys, I didn't commit to anything, just said I might play him. Chill out." And that was the end of it, I didn't pursue it further bc I knew he'd be endlessly harassed if I tried to ask him about it again. So it was a courtesy to him, bc he doesn't deserve to be harassed by these assholes as I constantly am.

Now, if you actually have something intelligent to say instead of trying to discredit everything that I say with absolutely no facts, go ahead. Otherwise, shut the hell up.

45 minutes ago, travie64 said:

I don't know if this is the truth, Phil. However, you're more than welcome to show us some evidence of this — that is if you have it, because I couldn't find anything.

here are tweets to kenny mentioning dsp: https://twitter.com/search?q=dsp (%40KennyOmegamanX)&src=typed_query

I would call them mildly annoying rather than harassment

here's kenny's tweet in question

here's what I assume is the mentioned troll tweet