The King of Hate Forums

I know the idea of this "event" is to give a reward to the viewers when the tips-goal is reached, because it's not like the contributors are paying for a service in this case, but can it be something else? Admittedly, I'm not the biggest fan of it, but I honestly think that even with other reward, Phil would still reach the goal, (maybe even surpass the current amount if the incentive is worth it).

From what I can see, this vest-idea started gaining popularity because it was a new thing, it makes Phil do something else that he normally wouldn't do, and for some reason continuing the "vest-streak", for the memes I guess, is enough to some.

Phil has also asked what the viewers would want when this dies out, so I post the topic for ideas. Just with a simple Google-search, you can get some that are good:

https://creatoko.com/twitch-sub-goal-ideas/

But you might have ones that are better. Mine would be a combination depending on the stream, like for example, if he reaches the tips-goal when playing a Battle-Royale or fighting-game, the next one he should do multiplayer-sessions; or do some contests/promotions, (see Twitch's TOS), for the participants that send more than X amount; or maybe open like a !songrequest for certain streams like Minecraft, when sometimes there's no music, (obviously from a curated & selected list to comply with the law in what relates to copyright).

What do you think? Post what you'd want!

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maybe a Fan Appreciation multiplayer event with his viewers like he used to do? Oh wait no, he's too scared to do that now

You mean like this? Never, Phil wouldn't do this in his wildest dreams. But if you were to pick a colour, which one would you prefer? This one's more like a cyan/turquoise, depending on the light

I honestly think that a chair-spin for a "reward", (even if you want to argue that this "reward" is just something that Phil does as appreciation for the Goal being reached or out of his heart, to sim

Posted Images

You can't replace the vest. Detractors fear the vest.

Unfortunately Sonic hat is banned.

The other thing people would like to see if he dyes his hair blue.

3 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

the next one he should do multiplayer-sessions;

With viewers? What about the trolls?

I hate the vest thing...it’s so meme’ish and frankly, it’s just embarrassing to watch. A puffy vest motivating you to give tips is utterly silly...just tip him because you want to...that should be enough. This just makes him look silly and desperate. I don’t blame Phil for doing it...but I hope it ends soon. He can hit his tips goal without this absurdity. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, FloydMayweather said:

There is no way he is doing ANY of those things listed on that website. He wants the most amount of money for the least amount of effort.

In the same breath you can't really blame him, its clearly working with the vest thing.

Yeah, unless the contributors tell him to do something else, but they have been consumed by the vest! It's horrible.

What about the !songrequest for Minecraft, with copyright-free music. He just needs to make a playlist, or just select one from the many, in Youtube. To not waste time, if the goal is reached, the entire next stream will have that command open.

8 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

Actually, the most logical conclusion based on his earlier comments, would be the positive reveal being new emotes/cheer animations/tip animations.

Yikes, after 50 x100dollar donations (5K) + Birthday money and all their going to get is new emotes and cheers? I'll say it again, DSP has some of the most forgiving "contributors" ever. Most other streamers would have to something that requires effort as a reward.

17 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

I noticed today that Phil had a "Vest Streak" counter on the screen. There's several comments that could be made about this, from different perspectives.

I'll give a comment. The "we might not hit the goal" / "the vest streak might not be hit" / "I don't know if the streak will survive" kind of comments are already kind of irritating and tiresome. People already have this weird obsession with continuing a meaningless streak. It doesn't need a reminder every single time the stream is halfway and the goal isn't hit. Everyone can see the metrics on the screen. Now you have people in chat calling for others who are known for tipping big to contribute and help the streak continue.

11 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

Actually, the most logical conclusion based on his earlier comments, would be the positive reveal being new emotes/cheer animations/tip animations.

Phil mentioned something being edited so I wouldn't be surprised if its a new animation that is edited to have the vest in it.

Also, @MoraMoria I don't know if you have seen the streams where Phil talks about it but an option for vest alternatives is ... *drumroll* alternative vests. When the pandemic dies down, he wants to shop for different vests to wear so its not the same one each time. There is the answer to the thread apparently.

10 hours ago, FloydMayweather said:

Yikes, after 50 x100dollar donations (5K) + Birthday money and all their going to get is new emotes and cheers?

Yeah, he mentioned "someone" working on something, most likely a moderator, so it must be some edited media, maybe it'll be a new Prestream song. But I'm not sure.

7 hours ago, Another_Derich said:

Also, @MoraMoria I don't know if you have seen the streams where Phil talks about it but an option for vest alternatives is ... *drumroll* alternative vests. When the pandemic dies down, he wants to shop for different vests to wear so its not the same one each time. There is the answer to the thread apparently.

Oh no! More vests! The thread can still be kept open for more ideas.

Not even Phil knows why is that popular, and unless he tries classy-vests like the ones TheReportOfTheWeek would wear, not sure how interesting they might look.

Vest.thumb.jpg.b09399769057acaa02dbbd5b7751441c.jpg

Posted (edited)

It's a Vest-Montage!

Face.gif.602e864eab5c7e3adf55643fa947ce76.gif

Still, cheers to the person making it, I'm sure it'll be great! It's just not the kind of reward I would prefer. Maybe a Multiplayer-games-Week; or DSP-Karaoke; or DSP-Tour guide through his city. Of course I know the answer to every one of those suggestions.

Edited by MoraMoria
11 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

Maybe a Multiplayer-games-Week

Would prefer a set night for this to try MP stuff. On night streams we have 2 games with no ending (one of them sometimes gets to morning), a long RPG that is moving so slowly it will takes an incredible number of weeks to finish, and a battle royale that he hates to play. Would love to see one of these get replaced by something more interesting. But even if its just for a week, that would be better than not having them. Feels like there should be a bigger reward for people giving him that streak

Please no karaoke, we have enough of the songs played during regular streams.

On 4/18/2020 at 11:54 AM, babymngaming456 said:

Detractors fear the vest, they hate the positivity it brings.

If money is positivity than I agree. But the begging from watchers for people to donate is cringe to me. I watched a viewer for almost an hour constantly post about how the streak was 100 percent ending. He actually got into it with people who told him there was plenty of time left...he acted and sounded like a detractor. Lol...this guy ended up donating the final $10 to get to $100...it was absurd and silly. 

2 hours ago, Chin2x2 said:

If money is positivity than I agree. But the begging from watchers for people to donate is cringe to me. I watched a viewer for almost an hour constantly post about how the streak was 100 percent ending. He actually got into it with people who told him there was plenty of time left...he acted and sounded like a detractor. Lol...this guy ended up donating the final $10 to get to $100...it was absurd and silly. 

Haha, pretty sure I know who you mean. A guy who is constantly saying it won't be hit and then makes sure its hit himself. Don't understand all that annoying chatter of it not being hit and then asking where past donators are to help out

10 hours ago, Another_Derich said:

Would prefer a set night for this to try MP stuff. On night streams we have 2 games with no ending (one of them sometimes gets to morning), a long RPG that is moving so slowly it will takes an incredible number of weeks to finish, and a battle royale that he hates to play. Would love to see one of these get replaced by something more interesting. But even if its just for a week, that would be better than not having them. Feels like there should be a bigger reward for people giving him that streak

Please no karaoke, we have enough of the songs played during regular streams.

Yeah, the Karaoke was just a silly thing that I'm sure he wouldn't do, but would be fun if even for at least one time ever. I'm not that interested in the games he's playing right now, thought Nioh 2 would do it, but not sure I like it that much. If you can believe it, I'm only interested in Minecraft of all the games he's currently playing.

As for the rewards, was it a "DSP Tries It" for a 100-streak? Oh boy! I sure hope it's not for cereals.

16 hours ago, Chin2x2 said:

There was a guy a few days ago begging to be unbanned and donated 5 dollars each time, this went on until he spent around $55. These guys are pathetic.