The King of Hate Forums
FloydMayweather

Whats the point of starting every stream with "I Stream on Twitch and that means I have to abide by their rules and regulations blah blah"

I've been watching Twitch for around 4 years, I've never seen someone say this every single day they stream. 

Very odd, but as usual I guess you chalk it up to another DSPism. 

Another thread?

Why not just skip the prestreams at this point? It's not going away unless a lot of people complain. Do you seem bestbod complaining? Not even the trolls, like snowkarl and pw, complained.

Edited by babymngaming456

1 hour ago, babymngaming456 said:

Another thread?

Why not just skip the prestreams at this point? It's not going away unless a lot of people complain. Do you seem bestbod complaining? Not even the trolls, like snowkarl and pw, complained.

Snowkarl was clearly mentally ill, he donated over 100 dollars just to troll Phil. These people aren't a good example. 

I'm pretty sure it's just part of the daily disclaimer he likes to put forward, just to cover everything.

Is it necessary? I'd argue that it's not, but it's a way to pretty much tell a potential tipper, that if they contribute while insulting him, or saying inappropriate things, then he can ignore it, if he wishes.

This must be one of the main reasons, as it's already obvious a Twitch-partner should follow Twitch's rules & regulations.

3 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

I'm pretty sure it's just part of the daily disclaimer he likes to put forward, just to cover everything.

Is it necessary? I'd argue that it's not, but it's a way to pretty much tell a potential tipper, that if they contribute while insulting him, or saying inappropriate things, then he can ignore it, if he wishes.

This must be one of the main reasons, as it's already obvious a Twitch-partner should follow Twitch's rules & regulations.

Couldn't he just update his rules panel and !rules or !tip chat command to cover all of that? 

As an example: Say someone does !tip in the chat what could pop up is "[link] 'Disclaimer: Tips that are insulting, inappropriate, or about detractors will not be read aloud'" and in prestream he'd only have to mention the tips command. He could add the same disclaimer to the Tips panel below the stream. A single sentence explaining what takes Phil like 5 minutes.

Edited by ShinraRecruit

No point, wasting time, time stalling, incorrect tag for 1.5hrs, less gameplay, fluff content, and pretty much everyone already heard it except a few new ppl per day where they will leave shortly after bcos they were expecting gameplay and not phils life history lesson.

But yea, i should ve known better and just guess the time and join later when he ends his prestream.  God forbid any suggestions to improve his schedule so he can be less “busy” bcos he needs his 1.5+hr fluff and 30min piss break.

• Like 1

There's 30 minutes spent playing music, and hour or two of prestream, a few hours of actual gameplay, several breaks where he has to "eat food and upload to youtube" and then he's usually early to leave. Not much work being done there, he needs to step it up.

He has fan art and ways to advertise while on a bathroom or intermission break, seems unnecessary to repeat the same jargon every single day and takes away from gameplay and puts a strain on his voice. People I think pay attention better with visuals over hearing and having say a fan art dedicated to his social media and one dedicated to patreon/tips/cheers is the way to go. You can just simply sum it up by saying "I have the methods if you do like the content that you are seeing with the screenshots" as they rotate. 

Edited by Blackspawn89

You can kinda think of the prestreams as natural selection. People who like the prestreams have a high chance to be positive contributors. People who hate them will probably be detractors.

• Like 1

He already has slides dedicated to Social Media, and even the Rules of the channel. He has everything linked below the video-player screen, and Nightbot-commands for information. One of them being excessively long, (!cheer), that does more damage than it helps. I remember some times when it was purposely used to roll comments out of the chat so that Phil doesn't see them, because the command is so intrusive.

He doesn't need more informative slides or anything said here, he needs "a lot of people" telling him to change it. Mabe "a lot of people" is someone with a bunch of email accounts telling him what they want.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Cappuccino said:

No point, wasting time, time stalling, incorrect tag for 1.5hrs, less gameplay, fluff content, and pretty much everyone already heard it except a few new ppl per day where they will leave shortly after bcos they were expecting gameplay and not phils life history lesson.

But yea, i should ve known better and just guess the time and join later when he ends his prestream.  God forbid any suggestions to improve his schedule so he can be less “busy” bcos he needs his 1.5+hr fluff and 30min piss break.

There are sometimes I go take a shower+eat and he's still talking, its like fucking hell. 

You guys don't sound like you enjoy his current content or even watch him. Why do the prestreams still bother you? They are better than the gameplay. Besides the script part, that one is annoying.

1 hour ago, babymngaming456 said:

Why do the prestreams still bother you? They are better than the gameplay

Lmao this is not a compliment, that means the whole thing is trash.

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 8:13 PM, FloydMayweather said:

I've been watching Twitch for around 4 years, I've never seen someone say this every single day they stream. 

Very odd, but as usual I guess you chalk it up to another DSPism. 

Funny thing is you, the original poster of this thread, are also the original poster of the already existing "Prestream" thread.

Edited by kill-chan

4 hours ago, babymngaming456 said:

You guys don't sound like you enjoy his current content or even watch him. Why do the prestreams still bother you? They are better than the gameplay. Besides the script part, that one is annoying.

We can think Phil can do better and still enjoy his content. I don't think anyone would disagree that his prestreams are rough and clunky. 

DSP spent 2 hours in prestream talking about things he should talk a therapist about, very boring but guess what. He made over 500 dollars during it.

This is why he'll never change, and you cant really blame him.

Wait, does Phil feel sorry for Keemstar because G-fuel dropped him? They did the right thing.

Is the drama segment going to be a daily thing now?

So Phil doesn't even know what the Projared drama was about but says that some of the accusations were probably true??? Also looks like he forgot the prestream and more than 2 tweets he did on Projared.

2 hours ago, babymngaming456 said:

So Phil doesn't even know what the Projared drama was about but says that some of the accusations were probably true???

@Phil

What, is this accurate?

If it is, even if you say "probably", you're strongly implying that some were indeed true. So, you're basing your statement on what evidence..? I just want a clear picture.

25 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

What, is this accurate?

He probably forgot about it, like many things. He tends to forget such things. I remember he said it at least 2 times when someone mentioned how successful Projared is again.

25 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

you're basing your statement on what evidence..?

As if you need to ask.