The King of Hate Forums

Cool things for the Forum

MoraMoria

Hello! I create this topic so that anyone can post up ideas to make this Forum better, but you can also post up anything that you think it would make a webpage more interesting or better looking! Just to start the thread, I can give one that I think is cool & fun!

If Phil goes to his CSS Style Sheet and adds the following code:

::selection {
  background: #953db8;
  color: #ffffff;
  text-shadow: none;
}

It will make the colour of the highlighted text the one that he wants. I even tried it on an Invision Forum, this is the one that I made:

Text1.thumb.png.b21801decd8fad1a5a89c97f5fa6ac79.png

I think it's a really cool purple, but if Phil wants, he can make it the same as Twitch, like this:

Text2.thumb.png.0f6d3dcc0ba5e2b5e5c88c9d03eb1f70.png

He just needs to change the Hex-colour to #772ce8, and leave the #ffffff for the white text. I'm pretty sure that's the one Twitch uses. What do you think? Do you have ideas of your own? What colour would you like?

Edited by MoraMoria
  • Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, babymngaming456 said:

I'm just wondering why does he think that changing selected text color is such an amazing idea.

I think he means not only what I've posted about the colour, but the initiative of a thread dedicated to post improvements on forums, including this one, that's why he used plural.

• 1 year later...

There's a bunch of stuff, (tags & attributes), that you can add to your comment in the HTML, like the background-color of text, division-tags, tables‼, borders, etc.

@The Mighty Onyx

How many are allowed in this Forum?

And, he could also add free Google-fonts with a link-tag so that you can change the font-family of your text if you want.

https://www.w3schools.com/howto/howto_google_fonts.asp

Example of table:

Title
Group 1 Group 2
0 1 11 25
Hey!
Something Whatever
01 02 5 45
001 002 7 6
4 4
Hi! Bye! 9 9
Hello! Goodbye! 9 4

Look at that, if you try to select/highlight the things on the table, (up to down), you'll see that at the end, the word "Hey!" gets selected before the things on the middle.

I think that's because these Invision Forums are not up to date when they rearrange the HTML you put, at least for this. My <table> had: <thead>, <tbody> and <tfoot> in that order, Invision changed the order when I posted it, to: <thead>, <tfoot> and <tbody> to comply with obsolete HTML specifications.