The King of Hate Forums
bazfaidanz

The vest streak really did end.

I checked the morrowind stream, and the tips total initially was $11, and when Phil got a $1 tip and changed it to $21, not $12. Either this was an honest mistake, he put the 2 in the wrong spot and didn't realize, or he did and decided to roll with it. The final total was $102, which actually meant he only got about $93 for the whole stream so the streak should have ended. 

Someone did point this out, and Phil went completely nuclear on him and called him autistic. I really don't know how you can claim to push forward positively and insult your viewers next sentence. Phil should have just owned it and carried on, yet he has to act petty and defensive when called out about anything.

Phil, you don't need to act so defensive. Not everyone is out to get you. People in the chat are chilling and having fun but not when you insult them like this, you're pushing them away.

There is already a thread on this, and was pointed out, but whatever.

Besides from the already repeated advice to him, I don't think I'll be adding anything else.

8 hours ago, bazfaidanz said:

when Phil got a $1 tip and changed it to $21, not $12.

Post the timestamp.

Nevermind, just looked it up. At 25:43 he types "21" instead of "12," put the number two on the wrong side.

So yeah he didn't make the Vest goal.

People would've given him the money anyway to hit the goal, so he would've still made $100. Doesn't change the fact that he didn't actually get $100 though.

So the streak did end, though I'm sure he'll ignore it.

Edited by KGhaleon

Could just have replied nicely and said “my mistake, but since its due to my error i will consider the goal reached for u guys”

There, so easy. Now phil would actually be positive for once if he responded that way.

Phil said he doesn't care if we don't hit the tips goal. But we have to push the vestival because people will get upset if the vest streak ends.

12 hours ago, bazfaidanz said:

Someone did point this out, and Phil went completely nuclear on him and called him autistic.

It's to protect the vestival from the trolls.

9 hours ago, Cappuccino said:

There, so easy. Now phil would actually be positive for once if he responded that way.

Phil gets very toxic when it comes to money, but yeah he didn't reach the tip goal. But its the United States of Phil and what he says goes.

On 5/13/2020 at 2:46 AM, Cappuccino said:

Could just have replied nicely and said “my mistake, but since its due to my error i will consider the goal reached for u guys”

He could easily have responded like this and without the vitriol but didn't. It's things like this that are sadly amusing about Phil. He'll complain that he has this negative stigma on the internet and the only reason he has it is because of stuff way in the past, lies, etc., but then makes an ass out of himself like this. Sure the person may have been a troll but the issue wasn't raised in an assholish way, but he snapped at someone bringing up a completely legitimate point.

"Hey guys, so yesterday I made a mistake mathing and because of that we fell short of the vest goal by $9. Because the amount was so small and due to my mistake, the goal for today will be $109. If we hit this goal, the vest streak continues. If not, it's over."   Done. Not only do you acknowledge and take responsibility for the mistake, you've come up with a reasonable solution that benefits everyone (well the people who care about the vest thing.)

4 hours ago, VertigoTeaparty said:

He could easily have responded like this and without the vitriol but didn't. It's things like this that are sadly amusing about Phil. He'll complain that he has this negative stigma on the internet and the only reason he has it is because of stuff way in the past, lies, etc., but then makes an ass out of himself like this. Sure the person may have been a troll but the issue wasn't raised in an assholish way, but he snapped at someone bringing up a completely legitimate point.

"Hey guys, so yesterday I made a mistake mathing and because of that we fell short of the vest goal by $9. Because the amount was so small and due to my mistake, the goal for today will be $109. If we hit this goal, the vest streak continues. If not, it's over."   Done. Not only do you acknowledge and take responsibility for the mistake, you've come up with a reasonable solution that benefits everyone (well the people who care about the vest thing.)

But you’re THINKING this through....Phil’s problem is he just says things...instead of possibly reflecting for 10 seconds. He gives people so much ammunition with his lack of a filter. 

I guess it doesn't matter if Phil is being dishonest, it's ultimately his fans that decide whether this Vest thing continues or not. If they want to keep throwing money at it then I guess it doesn't really matter if the streak is legitimate or not. Also I doubt anyone cares about the Vest, it's just about keeping the streak alive.

Phil could replace the Vest tomorrow and people would still keep the streak going.

On 5/12/2020 at 10:38 PM, bazfaidanz said:

I checked the morrowind stream, and the tips total initially was $11, and when Phil got a $1 tip and changed it to $21, not $12. Either this was an honest mistake, he put the 2 in the wrong spot and didn't realize, or he did and decided to roll with it. The final total was $102, which actually meant he only got about $93 for the whole stream so the streak should have ended. 

Someone did point this out, and Phil went completely nuclear on him and called him autistic. I really don't know how you can claim to push forward positively and insult your viewers next sentence. Phil should have just owned it and carried on, yet he has to act petty and defensive when called out about anything.

Phil, you don't need to act so defensive. Not everyone is out to get you. People in the chat are chilling and having fun but not when you insult them like this, you're pushing them away.

Who cares, its the vest streak and it makes the stream a bit more fun. Why end it if its helping him.

2 hours ago, WorthIts said:

Who cares, its the vest streak and it makes the stream a bit more fun. Why end it if its helping him.

The idea behind a streak is that it's consecutive, not broken....otherwise what's the point in calling it a streak?

10 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

The idea behind a streak is that it's consecutive, not broken....otherwise what's the point in calling it a streak?

It was a one-off so as long as its not happening every day with him jinxing the numbers. It'd be a shame.