The King of Hate Forums
GK1138

Phil, we want to help you

Anyone find it odd that once Phil came into this thread, Ghost left?

​no, he was just supporting the old phil style untill his phil came in and reasoned himself.

Btw Phil, my boss I worked for is like 35 and he has got a full business agenda, he is funds manager and lawyer at the same time. You with your job are nowhere near the maximum of your work time... Well unless you record yourself 10 h a day gaming.

​I don't, maybe he got banned or received a time out, there could have been a thousand reasons. Other than that feel yourself getting a +1 in reputation for your other post, currently I ran out of that.

​Yeah I really don't get the whole 10 points limit per day rule.

​Plot twist... they are THE SAME PERSON!

​DUN DUN DUNNNNNN

Another thread about "Phil should debate" when nobody even talks about what needs to be debated.

Going in circles doesn't help anything. Explain what needs to be debated and how it can help myself, the business and/or the community as a whole and it may happen.

Simply saying "I keep asking Phil to debate, he keeps saying no and closing threads, so here's another one. I JUST WANT TO HELP!" isn't going to get you anywhere.

This is pretty simple stuff.

​Phil, I will say this. Go over what feedback has already been posted. That should answer your question in regards to what needs to be debated. Also, if you just keep locking threads, there is no discussion. If you do not allow for discussion, then why would you want to have a community in the first place? I mean, go ahead and state your point. Say what you feel the need to say. But allow for conversation to go on. Stop locking the threads.

Do you know why this seems to "go in circles," as you put it? Because people have stated their feedback time and time again, but you do not listen. That is why these things are brought up over and over again. You are not helping yourself. Again, take the time to go over the feedback. Take it into consideration.

Phil, you have indeed improved from my perspective. I am sure some others will agree. But what you do not seem to get is that it does not put you in the position where you are never wrong. You lash out at those who post their opinions on how they feel about you and the content you put out. Make your point as you see fit, but goodness grief, stop making the assumption that all of your fans and detractors are "immature" or "malicious." You are not above criticism. Stop taking it so personally.

It is not just about the content you put out. You need to reflect a much more positive attitude in what you do as well as with interaction among this community. You drive people away. I think that is evident with the ever decreasing views trend for the past few years. Sorry to be harsh about it, but I do not know how else to put it.

You seem to place the blame on everyone and everything but yourself. You blame the ones who make those montages of your gameplay and all of those videos as the ones solely at fault for your dwindling views. Have you ever thought about looking at this in a positive light? You could easily laugh this off and reflect that positive attitude into the content you put out. But instead, you choose to be negative and angry about it. Laugh at yourself once in a while. It is not so healthy to be angry and negative all the time.

Perhaps one of the biggest things that bothers me about you is how you always portray yourself as a victim. You intentionally make yourself out as such to give you an "excuse" to dismiss all of the feedback you have gotten as "trolling" or "hate." Who buys this? Really, like many people have said in the past, you need to consider improving how you act. When someone expresses an opinion that differs from yours, do not lash out at them for it. Listen. Let the conversation flow. Talking/interacting will bring you a long way. That is exactly what you need now. Interact with your fans in a more positive light.

• Upvote 3

The parodies are really no worse than the ribbing that everyone gets from talk shows like Ellen DeGeneres or Conan O'Brien.  Also, it would have been nice if Phil was balanced and said that hostility - even if it's linked to praising and white knight him - is frowned upon.

​Okay let me just destroy all this:

You want reasons?

You want to keep viewers then realize that you are on a website where you are completely small potatoes compared to others, but realize that you are that small because of the fact that you refuse to take any suggestions.

First suggestion: Edit your videos. You have many long periods where you are either silent or dying nonstop and blaming the game instead of taking the time to cut it out as you look up how to do it or skipping to when you finally get it after about 4 deaths. No one wants to hear someone complain nonstop because they didn't remember what to do and refuse to actually look at what to do.

Second suggestion: Quit acting like every single critique about you is "positive" because that is a complete oxymoron. You are 32 years old and the self proclaimed "King of Hate" but you can't even handle the hate or the criticism about you, you delete threads with legit points about you, you lock threads with legit points about you, you take every complaint about you out of context, and you constantly complain about everyone being a "hater" or "troll" or "detractor" but no that is false, many people don't hate you, they are just former fans with issues. If this a business then you should have been fired a long time ago because you do not treat customers with complaints like shit. You insult us, you ignore us, and you tend to flame us after you delete threads or lock them so that no one can show you up.

Third suggestion: Actually look for a job. You moved all the way to Washington and still haven't looked for a job? If you were a good business man you would realize that by having a real job, yes a REAL job because what you do is easy as shit, AND getting paid on the side by YouTube would mean raking in a lot of money. You seem to ignore your dwindling views and subscribers but you can't ignore them for long.

Fourth suggestion: Realize that critics won't spread positivity if you have shown none. You call things like direct capture and stream chats positive changes? No those are changes you should have done a long time ago but you decided to stubbornly stay in the past and waste time because you thought recording with a camera was unique when it wasn't.

You can either listen to my suggestions or ignore it some more, doesn't matter to me. But realize that you are going to keep pushing everyone away if you keep up like this and it will be your own demise.

Suggestion 1: you want me to COMPLETELY change my gameplay/upload style and become something I'm not. Dramatically reduce the number of games I play/videos I upload in order to "edit out" fails and rage, which is what a lot of people actually watch me for. In short, you want me to be like tons of other YouTubers who have nothing original, but lots of "polish" to offer. 

Suggestion 2: Has nothing whatsoever to do with my content at all, but your personal issues with me on this forum. Nobody cares but a few forum posters, which constitute .00001% of my audience. Purpose of this thread is to help me with my business, not with personal issues between people who are butthurt I closed their threads and can't get over it.

Suggestion 3: Look for a job, which is impossible since I've been out of the "mainstream" workforce for 4+ years and have so much negative slander about me on the internet thanks to "the people trying to help me improve/change" that I'll never pass a background check anywhere. Nobody will hire a 32 year old who's called a racist, pedophile and "horrible person" in slanderous vlogs all over YouTube and the internet, and I had nothing to do with/no control over that.

Suggestion 4: Not even a suggestion at all, just saying that actual positive changes I made aren't good enough for you.

So let's recap:

1. Will backfire more than it will help me.
2. Worthless.
3. Worthless.
4. Worthless.

Thanks for your time, and 3 threads of you saying I was ignoring your suggestions. 

PLEASE tell me some others have better suggestions...

​Phil, I will say this. Go over what feedback has already been posted. That should answer your question in regards to what needs to be debated. Also, if you just keep locking threads, there is no discussion. If you do not allow for discussion, then why would you want to have a community in the first place? I mean, go ahead and state your point. Say what you feel the need to say. But allow for conversation to go on. Stop locking the threads.

Do you know why this seems to "go in circles," as you put it? Because people have stated their feedback time and time again, but you do not listen. That is why these things are brought up over and over again. You are not helping yourself. Again, take the time to go over the feedback. Take it into consideration.

Phil, you have indeed improved from my perspective. I am sure some others will agree. But what you do not seem to get is that it does not put you in the position where you are never wrong. You lash out at those who post their opinions on how they feel about you and the content you put out. Make your point as you see fit, but goodness grief, stop making the assumption that all of your fans and detractors are "immature" or "malicious." You are not above criticism. Stop taking it so personally.

It is not just about the content you put out. You need to reflect a much more positive attitude in what you do as well as with interaction among this community. You drive people away. I think that is evident with the ever decreasing views trend for the past few years. Sorry to be harsh about it, but I do not know how else to put it.

You seem to place the blame on everyone and everything but yourself. You blame the ones who make those montages of your gameplay and all of those videos as the ones solely at fault for your dwindling views. Have you ever thought about looking at this in a positive light? You could easily laugh this off and reflect that positive attitude into the content you put out. But instead, you choose to be negative and angry about it. Laugh at yourself once in a while. It is not so healthy to be angry and negative all the time.

Perhaps one of the biggest things that bothers me about you is how you always portray yourself as a victim. You intentionally make yourself out as such to give you an "excuse" to dismiss all of the feedback you have gotten as "trolling" or "hate." Who buys this? Really, like many people have said in the past, you need to consider improving how you act. When someone expresses an opinion that differs from yours, do not lash out at them for it. Listen. Let the conversation flow. Talking/interacting will bring you a long way. That is exactly what you need now. Interact with your fans in a more positive light.

"Stop playing a victim and being so negative."

Okay. Make all the insanely slanderous vlogs about me, calling me a "horrible gamer/pedophile/racist/awful person" go away. I'll go get a job so I'm not as pressured about view performance, my viewership will go up because new viewers won't be afraid to watch my content due to all the slander, we'll go back to 2010 the way things were and everything will work out.

Oh wait. We don't live in a perfect world and none of the above can/will happen.

As much as I can understand your "suggestion" to just "laugh everything off and be more positive," life isn't as simple as all that. Things that already happened in 2013 (my initial reactions to Retsupurae/Evil AJ's montages for example) can't be undone, and regardless of the fact that I could care less about them now, the damage is done too. I can't get ANY new viewers because the gang mentality on YouTube IS that I'm an awful gamer AND person thanks to the bandwagon movement those videos started.

This isn't me "playing the victim," this is fact. People will literally tell you this if you ask them on Twitter. They stopped watching/Won't watch my stuff because they heard I'm an awful person who doesn't deserve views, but they'll gladly watch a TIHYDP montage that makes fun of me and steals my hard work without any recompense. Because they were told to by a vlog/montage that went viral.

I have no problem with feedback or suggestions to improve. I just need good ones, and I've gotten very few that have panned out into something positive. I've tried LOTS of stuff, but when very few will stick up for you and spread the truth due to being gang-attacked on social media when they do, the negative slander prevails over all else.

Okay. Make all the insanely slanderous vlogs about me, calling me a "horrible gamer/pedophile/racist/awful person" go away. I'll go get a job so I'm not as pressured about view performance, my viewership will go up because new viewers won't be afraid to watch my content due to all the slander, we'll go back to 2010 the way things were and everything will work out.

Oh wait. We don't live in a perfect world and none of the above can/will happen.

As much as I can understand your "suggestion" to just "laugh everything off and be more positive," life isn't as simple as all that. Things that already happened in 2013 (my initial reactions to Retsupurae/Evil AJ's montages for example) can't be undone, and regardless of the fact that I could care less about them now, the damage is done too. I can't get ANY new viewers because the gang mentality on YouTube IS that I'm an awful gamer AND person thanks to the bandwagon movement those videos started.

This isn't me "playing the victim," this is fact. People will literally tell you this if you ask them on Twitter. They stopped watching/Won't watch my stuff because they heard I'm an awful person who doesn't deserve views, but they'll gladly watch a TIHYDP montage that makes fun of me and steals my hard work without any recompense. Because they were told to by a vlog/montage that went viral.

I have no problem with feedback or suggestions to improve. I just need good ones, and I've gotten very few that have panned out into something positive. I've tried LOTS of stuff, but when very few will stick up for you and spread the truth due to being gang-attacked on social media when they do, the negative slander prevails over all else.

​II've given a pretty detailed bunch of positive suggestions to you on page 21 of the "RENAMED: How can Phil improve" thread.  Not sure if you read it yet, but if not, give it a whirl.

• Upvote 7

​II've given a pretty detailed bunch of positive suggestions to you on page 21 of the "RENAMED: How can Phil improve" thread.  Not sure if you read it yet, but if not, give it a whirl.

​You should really look at it Phil, it gives alot of good points and great advice.

• Upvote 5

Then I shall. That's the real problem here, people starting up 10+ threads about the same subject and them getting derailed into the ground (or the same people saying the same UNproductive stuff over and over) to the point that I can't sift through it. I have very little time as it is to check these forums (I'm doing it now when I'm supposed to be working on a montage) and don't have time to get through the crap.

Then I shall. That's the real problem here, people starting up 10+ threads about the same subject and them getting derailed into the ground (or the same people saying the same UNproductive stuff over and over) to the point that I can't sift through it.

​If people seem to be bringing up the same points over and over again in these critical threads, wouldn't you think that means something? Perhaps the things people keep bringing up are the most important issues?

Put two and two together here, Phil.

• Upvote 1

Phil, I hate to say this but you need a job. For instance: what if Machinima dropped you from your partnership and you couldn't make any money? Then what?

Just saying.

​He has a good point you know. People always have a back up plan.

Suggestion 1: you want me to COMPLETELY change my gameplay/upload style and become something I'm not. Dramatically reduce the number of games I play/videos I upload in order to "edit out" fails and rage, which is what a lot of people actually watch me for. In short, you want me to be like tons of other YouTubers who have nothing original, but lots of "polish" to offer. 

Suggestion 2: Has nothing whatsoever to do with my content at all, but your personal issues with me on this forum. Nobody cares but a few forum posters, which constitute .00001% of my audience. Purpose of this thread is to help me with my business, not with personal issues between people who are butthurt I closed their threads and can't get over it.

Suggestion 3: Look for a job, which is impossible since I've been out of the "mainstream" workforce for 4+ years and have so much negative slander about me on the internet thanks to "the people trying to help me improve/change" that I'll never pass a background check anywhere. Nobody will hire a 32 year old who's called a racist, pedophile and "horrible person" in slanderous vlogs all over YouTube and the internet, and I had nothing to do with/no control over that.

Suggestion 4: Not even a suggestion at all, just saying that actual positive changes I made aren't good enough for you.

So let's recap:

2. Worthless.
3. Worthless.
4. Worthless.

Thanks for your time, and 3 threads of you saying I was ignoring your suggestions. 

This is the problem with you, Phil. You focus on views (aka money) than fans and improvements. You don't want to change, but you don't want to lose views. When you do lose views, you complain and wonder you lose views. Then you go against yourself and take donations and play Minecraft as a perk.

"I play/videos I upload in order to "edit out" fails and rage, which is what a lot of people actually watch me for."

Big contradiction because you complain about people making videos about your fails.

"Not even a suggestion at all, just saying that actual positive changes I made aren't good enough for you."

Phil, be specific. What have you changed for the better? What positivity have you done or said? Give some examples at least.

And you know what's ironic, Mr. Businessman. These big Youtubers you call clowns, children, and shills are better businessmen than you are with the amount of views and subs they have. Why? Because they care about their fans, they listen to criticism and improvements, they laugh at their fails/mistakes (and learn from them), they apologize for their ignorance and negativity, and they never complain about views. For big Youtubers: Fans>views.

• Upvote 2

This is the problem with you, Phil. You focus on views (aka money) than fans and improvements. You don't want to change, but you don't want to lose views. When you do lose views, you complain and wonder you lose views. Then you go against yourself and take donations and play Minecraft as a perk.

"I play/videos I upload in order to "edit out" fails and rage, which is what a lot of people actually watch me for."

Big contradiction because you complain about people making videos about your fails.

"Not even a suggestion at all, just saying that actual positive changes I made aren't good enough for you."

Phil, be specific. What have you changed for the better? What positivity have you done or said? Give some examples at least.

And you know what's ironic, Mr. Businessman. These big Youtubers you call clowns, children, and shills are better businessmen than you are with the amount of views and subs they have. Why? Because they care about their fans, they listen to criticism and improvements, they laugh at their fails/mistakes (and learn from them), they apologize for their ignorance and negativity, and they never complain about views. For big Youtubers: Fans>views.

​I am glad you pointed this out that he always makes it about views.

​I can't get ANY new viewers because the gang mentality on YouTube IS that I'm an awful gamer AND person thanks to the bandwagon movement those videos started.

​In a single Dying Light video you died twice due to your own mistakes without owning up to it (poor gameplay), and called your chat a bunch of dicks because they were explaining how you killed yourself (poor attitude).

There might be a bandwagon, but you're the one a thousand miles ahead of it, paving the road.

• Upvote 3

So let's recap:

2. Worthless.
3. Worthless.
4. Worthless.

​Phil, regarding suggestion 3, I'll say this: yeah, you have a lot of people making videos about you. That's no doubt there. But, if you realize that you can't be hired in the "mainstream" workforce you want to work in, you've got to adapt to what you've got going on. One thing I have to give Panda props in, is that she's attempting to start her own business (which I'm sure you support 100%), and that's something that can help if it really picks up steam. But, I think you need to look into that kind of stuff as well, or look into the online workforce. There are a LOT of job opportunities you can find on the Internet or even create yourself (freelancing as a writer, doing call center/tech support work, starting up your own eBay/Amazon shop, learning a new trade, etc.). I work a shitty job at a grocery store, but I'm also doing a lot of those extra things as well, and I'm able to make ends meet to the point that I'll be able to quit my shitty retail job. You talk about a variety of subjects on Ask the King or Hate Live that you could easily transition into another outlet if you put your mind to it. It's about motivating yourself to do so. I get that you've got the gameplay videos and all that, but at some point, you'll have to balance things out or supplement it with something additional as well. You've got to go beyond what you've been doing for a variety of reasons.

I recommend checking out the book "The Economy of You" by Kimberly Palmer. Reading that book really gave me an idea to make something more of myself, taught me how to manage my money well, and improved my attitude regarding work; I think you'll be able to get an idea of what I mean through there. Don't let yourself think that there aren't any opportunities for you out there, because entrepreneurship is picking up steam in so many ways it's not even funny.

I don't know why Phil insists that the montage videos of his playthrough are "slanderous."

For starters, slander is the spoken word intent of spreading known false information with the malicious intent to harm someone's reputation. Most of these TIHYDP videos contain no spoken words other than Phil's commentary. If anything, it would have to be considered libel - but again, you would have to prove that the information found in the videos is false information that is being spread with malicious intent. That means you would have to prove that the information being spread is false, and that the person spreading that information is aware that it is false to prove that their intent is malicious. None of the videos, from what I've seen, would fall under this category.

Just because you don't like that the videos are mocking your poor attitude and poor gameplay doesn't mean it's "slanderous" or even "libelous."

• Upvote 2

And once again Phil shows how brave and sensible he is by deleting posts. =)

p.s. - Don't act like people just say you claim victim. You have and always will. This entire response you've made to the thread, for example. And several others!

So I'm guessing Phil believes he can just hide what was said?

You know that you just got beaten so you delete posts, but that's a really weak way of backing out of a debate.

Just read that post and, honestly, I can tell that it was well-meaning and it was VERY intelligent and informative.

So if you watch JUST my vlogging channel, I come across as an intelligent, positive, fun-loving and informed person. 

But if you watch primarily my gaming content, I come across as a generally angry/grumpy person who complains too much and isn't very nice to be around.

The thing that gets me is: it's not the first time I've heard that about my gameplay. But that gameplay, me just playing the game and being real like that, was INSANELY POPULAR when I got started. People WANTED more rage, more swearing, more chewing out people while playing fighting games, etc.

Every year I guess more and more people have either gotten tired of it/gotten OVER it and are looking for something else. More PG? Or just more positive overall? Honestly it's hard to be positive when a lot of the games I play these days are just plain "blah" with nothing original and I have to ask myself, what the hell has happened go modern gaming?

Hmm.

Also appreciate that you think Patreon can help but I need to get on goals ASAP. Problem is, I'm stuck with that right now. Every goal I propose either gets shot down, complained about or people literally say "WE WILL FIND WAYS TO UNDERMINE THOSE GOALS SO YOU CANT MAKE MONEY!" and I don't know where to go with them. I thought advance access to vlogs and such would be great - NOPE, the trolls already said they'll give it away for free! How about me playing games people have requested for years but I stayed away from? NOPE! That just means DSP is a money whore! I think the problem is, a LOT of the goals/perks people give on Patreon are things I've ALREADY done for years, for free, and people won't be willing to just pay for them now. So if you (or anyone) actually have good/positive suggestions about that, I'd appreciate it if you could post them up in the Patreon thread.

If any of you actually want to help, I suggest you go read DasBoSchitt's post and try to express yourselves in that manner, in this thread. Many of your approaches aren't working.

Its good that you read DasBoSchitt's post Phil! its about time you understand that he isn't a mentally ill "hater" but just because you praise his posts it does not automatically mean he will do co-op with you! 

• Upvote 1

Just read that post and, honestly, I can tell that it was well-meaning and it was VERY intelligent and informative.

So if you watch JUST my vlogging channel, I come across as an intelligent, positive, fun-loving and informed person. 

But if you watch primarily my gaming content, I come across as a generally angry/grumpy person who complains too much and isn't very nice to be around.

The thing that gets me is: it's not the first time I've heard that about my gameplay. But that gameplay, me just playing the game and being real like that, was INSANELY POPULAR when I got started. People WANTED more rage, more swearing, more chewing out people while playing fighting games, etc.

Every year I guess more and more people have either gotten tired of it/gotten OVER it and are looking for something else. More PG? Or just more positive overall? Honestly it's hard to be positive when a lot of the games I play these days are just plain "blah" with nothing original and I have to ask myself, what the hell has happened go modern gaming?

Hmm.

Also appreciate that you think Patreon can help but I need to get on goals ASAP. Problem is, I'm stuck with that right now. Every goal I propose either gets shot down, complained about or people literally say "WE WILL FIND WAYS TO UNDERMINE THOSE GOALS SO YOU CANT MAKE MONEY!" and I don't know where to go with them. I thought advance access to vlogs and such would be great - NOPE, the trolls already said they'll give it away for free! How about me playing games people have requested for years but I stayed away from? NOPE! That just means DSP is a money whore! I think the problem is, a LOT of the goals/perks people give on Patreon are things I've ALREADY done for years, for free, and people won't be willing to just pay for them now. So if you (or anyone) actually have good/positive suggestions about that, I'd appreciate it if you could post them up in the Patreon thread.

If any of you actually want to help, I suggest you go read DasBoSchitt's post and try to express yourselves in that manner, in this thread. Many of your approaches aren't working.

We have all been saying it in civilized ways, you just now chose to listen. #DSPositive

• Upvote 1

​Hello Phil. Thank you for replying back to my post. Take the time to look at page 21 of the "RENAMED: How can Phil improve" thread as suggested above. The following I posted is merely personal suggestions for you. I understand you have a lot going on, so you do not have to read this. But this is meant to help you, so please consider reading this post. So, here goes.

Alright, I admit that this in the end does create this kind of heavy stress in the head. So obviously, what I said is much, much easier said than done. Not all of us tend to be as receptive to something as the next person. For example, you and all of these montage videos out there. Okay, maybe you are not as receptive. Do not get me wrong, I can see where you are coming from. As for the slander, the truth is that you would have probably gotten it sooner or later. When you are an Internet personality, no matter what you do, you will get slandered now and again. When you consider doing improvement, there is no point doing it for those that slander you. Do it for your fans. This is where I come into the following: what has happened is there. Nothing one can do to reverse it. In my viewpoint, there is no point speculating an "ideal scenario." In your case, when your views were high around 2010-11. I did mention that you should not ignore what has happened in the past, but I also said that you should not wander in it. If you keep doing that, it is harder for you to move on and concentrate more on the present. This is why I want to tell you this: despite all of these things that started a few years back have been a significant source of stress, you have to move on. Keep the past in mind, but do not drown yourself in it. That will only stress you out more.

Like you said, this is not the ideal world and things do not always work out as we want them to. Logically, your ideal 2010-11 scenario would not have lasted forever anyway. I understand things were going much better for you then, but what has happened has happened. You cannot erase it. But that does not mean that you cannot progress forward. Life is not easy, just as you mentioned. But this is why I told you that you should at least try and laugh a little. You tend to look at your past in a "depressed" tone, "Oh, everything was going great in 2010-11, but now I have these haters and malicious people creating montages that ruin my image and my business." See, if you look at things carefully, this kind of behavior is what fuels your "slanderers" to keep doing what they do. You are essentially sending them the message that they are getting to you. This is why you need to make the efforts to have a more positive attitude. If you laugh more, if you concern yourself more with how your fans and community and are doing and if you keep doing what you have been doing since 2008, things can only go uphill from there. Phil, just try to make efforts. No one is expecting you to change overnight. That is just not going to happen. You have to do these things knowing that it is only through the passing of time that you will see the fruits from an improved, more positive attitude.

To respond to your point in the second to last paragraph, let me tell you a personal experience so that it may make more sense. I had a very good friend back from my freshman days in college. She was perhaps the most open-minded person I have ever encountered. She was someone that I could talk with about topics that are considered "sensitive" and "touchy" by most people. She appreciated and actually accepted my ideals. We became much, much closer then. I played out in my head this beautiful scenario of how everything was great and nothing could stop us. But lo and behold, my ideal scenario where she accepted and shared in my ideals crumbled before me, in a sense. It took only one month. One month for outside influence to turn her away and reject me. This outside influence turned her away. Even though she initially accepted me for who I was, it took just that outside influence to take that away from me. We pretty much drifted away as a result. For the entire following semester, I wallowed in self-pity. I cried, I was angry. I just felt terrible about myself because I could not preserve the bond I had made. But this is where I eventually realized something. I could not preserve it because I refused to change. I made no efforts to change for her in a way that motivated her and inspired her to keep this bond we had formed. I thought everything was great and left it at that.

This is what I want to get with that personal story, Phil. In your present case where more people have turned to the TIHYDP montages because some "malicious" vlog (the outside influence, in your case) brought people to watch that instead of your actual content. I definitely sympathize with your situation (although yours is more of a business situation rather than a personal one). Truly, I do. But you have to learn that things in life will never be consistently the same. You had your high point already. Now, you are at an all time low. What I learned from my experience is that you have to rise above it and live with it. If I had kept on raging and crying, I would not have made any progress. I would not have gotten out of that hole. This applies to you as well. What you claim as negativity surrounding you should not turn you into a negative person. I mean, you are inclined to simply give in to frustration, but you have to make efforts to rise above.

Phil, I sincerely hope that you read this post. I apologize ahead of time that it is not as helpful as other posts, but I simply wanted to reply to your response to my original post. This kind of situation, that is losing so much of your fanbase to these montages as you would put it, is hard. Phil, I sympathize with you. Truly, I do. But this is why you need to take advantage of the wonderful community that you have. They got you to your high point back in 2010-11, and they can do so again in the current situation. But you have to make efforts to communicate more with us. We want to help you. Please, consider the suggestions we make because we are here to back you up, good times and bad.

EDIT: It seems you already took a look at DasBoSchitt's post. Good on you for doing so. I hope you got a lot out of that post. Very informative and it will help you in the long run.

So let's recap:

2. Worthless.
3. Worthless.
4. Worthless.

​Who cares if you become something you're not if it betters you in some way? Stop worrying about who you are so much. Let that show during your commentary. But you can switch up your uploading style. You're already seeing the results of what edited videos will get you views wise and you're STILL resisting this change? Unbelievable. I mean, you're even going out of your way to make a "best of" series each month because you KNOW what kind of views you'll get for an edited video. At this point, I firmly believe you just want to avoid putting in the work of editing and that's all there is to it. You just don't want to do it for every game that you play. If people want to see the "unedited, raw gameplay" so badly, they can watch the stream. Which I'm sure will be uploaded to your channel as well. People obviously do not watch you for the raw footage. If people wanted to see that so badly, your views would be MUCH higher than they are. I think it's time to accept that and stop worrying about becoming like "everyone else on youtube". Yeah, "everyone else" is having all the success while you're struggling to stay afloat. It's time for a change, dude. And taking patreon donations is not that change.

Also, it is not impossible to find a job. You live right next to one of the most popular cities in the country. If you put in work to find a job, I'm sure you would be able to. Hell, you could even have Leanna scout for them. It is very, very possible to find a job and there are probably millions of people out there who wish they were in your position. Being right near a big city with a degree and prior work experience. Again, like the resistance to editing, it just comes down to refusal due to laziness. You like being able to work from home whenever you want and you don't want to change it. Just say that instead of saying there are no jobs. And most places aren't going to do that much of a background check unless you're trying to become a police officer or something. So yeah. The videos out there about you don't matter at all when it comes to a desk job somewhere.

​Who cares if you become something you're not if it betters you in some way? Stop worrying about who you are so much. Let that show during your commentary. But you can switch up your uploading style. You're already seeing the results of what edited videos will get you views wise and you're STILL resisting this change? Unbelievable. I mean, you're even going out of your way to make a "best of" series each month because you KNOW what kind of views you'll get for an edited video. At this point, I firmly believe you just want to avoid putting in the work of editing and that's all there is to it. You just don't want to do it for every game that you play. If people want to see the "unedited, raw gameplay" so badly, they can watch the stream. Which I'm sure will be uploaded to your channel as well. People obviously do not watch you for the raw footage. If people wanted to see that so badly, your views would be MUCH higher than they are. I think it's time to accept that and stop worrying about becoming like "everyone else on youtube". Yeah, "everyone else" is having all the success while you're struggling to stay afloat. It's time for a change, dude. And taking patreon donations is not that change.

Also, it is not impossible to find a job. You live right next to one of the most popular cities in the country. If you put in work to find a job, I'm sure you would be able to. Hell, you could even have Leanna scout for them. It is very, very possible to find a job and there are probably millions of people out there who wish they were in your position. Being right near a big city with a degree and prior work experience. Again, like the resistance to editing, it just comes down to refusal due to laziness. You like being able to work from home whenever you want and you don't want to change it. Just say that instead of saying there are no jobs. And most places aren't going to do that much of a background check unless you're trying to become a police officer or something. So yeah. The videos out there about you don't matter at all when it comes to a desk job somewhere.

​Because he doesn't truly understand business. He brags about the edited videos, no shit just did it like 42 minutes ago, but yet will straight refuse to do it more often. He is afraid of change hell it took him years to finally direct capture, he doesn't adapt quick enough like the other Let's Players.

• Upvote 1