The King of Hate Forums

Phil, we want to help you

Phil what you need to do is keep going with your new attitude on your playthroughs. Blaming the game for your faults isn't a good look for your viewers and only is going to frustrate them to the point of leaving. Just keep this going and you'll get better, also what would be helpful is if you interact with your fans more and try to actually hang out on the forums instead of being hostile with others. We only just want to help me and don't have any ill feelings for you.

Also another suggestion I have is that you should consider cutting down on hotels and other big expenses. If you want to get out of debt you need to make sacrifices that way you don't end up digging yourself further into it.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

​Nah, I don't think you have to go so far as to make the gaming or vlogging content PG to make it work, you just need to make sure you can keep yourself composed and try to simulate a lot of the posit

​II've given a pretty detailed bunch of positive suggestions to you on page 21 of the "RENAMED: How can Phil improve" thread.  Not sure if you read it yet, but if not, give it a whirl.

Recently, a user made a thread asking Phil to a debate. It did not take long at all for this thread to be closed by Phil and written off as "nothing to debate about". If this were pre-2014, I would st

Posted Images

Some people are honestly tone deaf when giving advice, they are too aggressive and would not like to be spoken to that way.  Some people overstep their bounds and get a little intrusive and personal, like they don't know what's an appropriate way to talk adult-to-adult.  They say that Phil can't take on board advice or admit he's wrong--heck, I've witnessed that at times--but some of his critics are no different.  There are some people he can't win over, no matter what he does.

I'm not saying Phil won't bite your head off occasionally with what you thought was an innocuous question, but you have to lead by example, not be a hypocrite.  I don't think either party is perfect.

One thing I will say is that it's pretty transparent when Phil tries to marginalize or smear people, and I wish he'd stop that.  He delivers edicts in the form of "If you like/think/do X, you are Y"--and people wonder if he's talking about them, and get pissed, or stop watching his content.  Honestly, it's difficult not to be a part of some group of people he's insulted some time in the past six years.  Can he count on one finger when this has actually benefited him?  Stick to the facts, I say.

Just stop trying guys.. it's no use with this guy. Save your time as Phil will only look at the post and label it as "hating" etc.

​I think this thread should be for those who are still giving him the benefit of the doubt.  It's not called "Phil, you are beyond help".

• Upvote 1

Some people are honestly tone deaf when giving advice, they are too aggressive and would not like to be spoken to that way.  Some people overstep their bounds and get a little intrusive and personal, like they don't know what's an appropriate way to talk adult-to-adult.  They say that Phil can't take on board advice or admit he's wrong--heck, I've witnessed that at times--but some of his critics are no different.  There are some people he can't win over, no matter what he does.

I'm not saying Phil won't bite your head off occasionally with what you thought was an innocuous question, but you have to lead by example, not be a hypocrite.  I don't think either party is perfect.

One thing I will say is that it's pretty transparent when Phil tries to marginalize or smear people, and I wish he'd stop that.  He delivers edicts in the form of "If you like/think/do X, you are Y"--and people wonder if he's talking about them, and get pissed, or stop watching his content.  Honestly, it's difficult not to be a part of some group of people he's insulted some time in the past six years.  Can he count on one finger when this has actually benefited him?  Stick to the facts, I say.

​I think this thread should be for those who are still giving him the benefit of the doubt.  It's not called "Phil, you are beyond help".

​It's not about "winning us over", it's about can we trust a positive Phil or is it just like last time? Sure he was "positive" when playing yesterday (I really use that word loosely as it was phoned in and if you've ever seen Phil acting before on Project 7 or his Ducktales video then you know it was forced, but points for trying), but let's not forget what happened on the prestream when he complained about people not believing him and telling them they can leave if they want to complain, but it's not like we don't have reasons, there's jokes about DSPositive 2.0-600.0 for a reason and it's because every time Phil says he's going to be positive, it never stays that way.

Not all of us are perfect, but not all of us have our personal lives in public for everyone to judge, then get mad when they criticize or ask about out personal lives. I mean seriously, he posted his and Leanna's lives for the public to see so nothing of his is private or personal business because he told us. I will admit that I am far from perfect, but never did I say I was perfect and I sure as shit don't act like it like Phil does. I have gotten tons of criticism about myself- both negative and positive- but I don't sit here and complain and complain and call everyone "haters" or "jealous trolls" I just debate them and most of the time I win because I keep my composure and I make sure I know what the fuck I'm talking about where as Phil makes up things as he goes along and when someone back him into a corner with real questions or logical arguments, he deletes their posts or locks their threads or shadow warns them.

He wants to earn peoples trust? Then he needs to learn to stop that shit because it doesn't help his case of "Oh I'm positive now!" to be honest, that sounds like click baiting. Now you may be saying "See? He can't do anything without you haters saying it's not real!" but think about this, why does he have to keep telling people he was being positive? It's like a kid trying to get what he wants because he finally cleaned his room after months of being told why he should clean his room. Sorry we aren't just so trusting of Phil after one day.

• Upvote 4

​It's not about "winning us over", it's about can we trust a positive Phil or is it just like last time? Sure he was "positive" when playing yesterday (I really use that word loosely as it was phoned in and if you've ever seen Phil acting before on Project 7 or his Ducktales video then you know it was forced, but points for trying), but let's not forget what happened on the prestream when he complained about people not believing him and telling them they can leave if they want to complain, but it's not like we don't have reasons, there's jokes about DSPositive 2.0-600.0 for a reason and it's because every time Phil says he's going to be positive, it never stays that way.

Not all of us are perfect, but not all of us have our personal lives in public for everyone to judge, then get mad when they criticize or ask about out personal lives. I mean seriously, he posted his and Leanna's lives for the public to see so nothing of his is private or personal business because he told us. I will admit that I am far from perfect, but never did I say I was perfect and I sure as shit don't act like it like Phil does. I have gotten tons of criticism about myself- both negative and positive- but I don't sit here and complain and complain and call everyone "haters" or "jealous trolls" I just debate them and most of the time I win because I keep my composure and I make sure I know what the fuck I'm talking about where as Phil makes up things as he goes along and when someone back him into a corner with real questions or logical arguments, he deletes their posts or locks their threads or shadow warns them.

He wants to earn peoples trust? Then he needs to learn to stop that shit because it doesn't help his case of "Oh I'm positive now!" to be honest, that sounds like click baiting. Now you may be saying "See? He can't do anything without you haters saying it's not real!" but think about this, why does he have to keep telling people he was being positive? It's like a kid trying to get what he wants because he finally cleaned his room after months of being told why he should clean his room. Sorry we aren't just so trusting of Phil after one day.

I was mainly addressing the way critics express themselves.  I.e.: don't give Phil ammunition to come back with 'you're being too personal/that's none of your business'--and have him not be wrong.  Have patience and tolerance when it comes to giving feedback, even if he comes back with something provocative, don't get provoked yourself, it just creates a vicious cycle and people end up talking past each other.

I can understand why some people feel they were hard done by, if they think an injustice took place: post got deleted, thread got closed, they got banned, etc.  There are two ways of addressing that: the first is yelling 'YOU'RE WRONG, MAKE AMMENDS NOW' or 'LET'S GET HIM FOR IT'.  The other is dusting onesself off, and reflecting on what triggered it and trying to approach the situation with more tact and consideration.  Me, I think the thrust of ones advice should be getting to the fundamental core of the problem, about deep level change, rather seeing him make amends for a specific list of grievances.

Everyone has a limit, of course.  If you try your most earnest to be patient and polite with Phil and still get treated unfairly, at some point you have to call it quits.  But then do so, don't linger around like a lost soul.  If I really thought this was a sinking ship with no hope of improvement I'd get off immediately, and I don't know why anyone else would stay on board unless they're a masochist.

I think we all know one can't have a personality transformation overnight.  If a change is to come, it will be in small steps.  There is no quick fix.  He will have to find a new groove because when you abolish a certain way of doing playthroughs you need something else to put in its place.  A lot of what he does is habit and routine.  Everything from his banter to his laughter is more idiosynchratic and less varied than back when he started.

I agree that you can't simply make things positive just by declaring it.  But I say let him reboot 'DSPositive' as much as he likes.  It may seem phony, but there's truth in the expression 'fake it 'till you make it'.  I don't think anything else will work, put it that way.

On Phil's side, I think you need to reduce the collective judgement and painting people into a corner.  Less of the broad brush-strokes.  Think about what the implications of being positive really are.  See if you can extract good advice even from someone you think is being untoward.  Try not to leap to defensive mode, a person might have an unfortunate way of putting things but they had the best intentions in mind, and even if they didn't, so what in the end?  Do what benefits YOU in the long-range.

• Upvote 2

I was mainly addressing the way critics express themselves.  I.e.: don't give Phil ammunition to come back with 'you're being too personal/that's none of your business'--and have him not be wrong.  Have patience and tolerance when it comes to giving feedback, even if he comes back with something provocative, don't get provoked yourself, it just creates a vicious cycle and people end up talking past each other.

I can understand why some people feel they were hard done by, if they think an injustice took place: post got deleted, thread got closed, they got banned, etc.  There are two ways of addressing that: the first is yelling 'YOU'RE WRONG, MAKE AMMENDS NOW' or 'LET'S GET HIM FOR IT'.  The other is dusting onesself off, and reflecting on what triggered it and trying to approach the situation with more tact and consideration.  Me, I think the thrust of ones advice should be getting to the fundamental core of the problem, about deep level change, rather seeing him make amends for a specific list of grievances.

Everyone has a limit, of course.  If you try your most earnest to be patient and polite with Phil and still get treated unfairly, at some point you have to call it quits.  But then do so, don't linger around like a lost soul.  If I really thought this was a sinking ship with no hope of improvement I'd get off immediately, and I don't know why anyone else would stay on board unless they're a masochist.

I think we all know one can't have a personality transformation overnight.  If a change is to come, it will be in small steps.  There is no quick fix.  He will have to find a new groove because when you abolish a certain way of doing playthroughs you need something else to put in its place.  A lot of what he does is habit and routine.  Everything from his banter to his laughter is more idiosynchratic and less varied than back when he started.

I agree that you can't simply make things positive just by declaring it.  But I say let him reboot 'DSPositive' as much as he likes.  It may seem phony, but there's truth in the expression 'fake it 'till you make it'.  I don't think anything else will work, put it that way.

On Phil's side, I think you need to reduce the collective judgement and painting people into a corner.  Less of the broad brush-strokes.  Think about what the implications of being positive really are.  See if you can extract good advice even from someone you think is being untoward.  Try not to leap to defensive mode, a person might have an unfortunate way of putting things but they had the best intentions in mind, and even if they didn't, so what in the end?  Do what benefits YOU in the long-range.

​Well while I can somewhat agree, I have to also say that he shouldn't be providing people with ammunition of his "personal business" by posting videos of him telling people about their personal business. This is the internet, expecting people not to use your personal business that you provided via videos, forums, and Twitter, is just moronic and it's not thinking realistic. And if you're going to call yourself "The realest mother fucker on the internet" or "The King Of Hate" then you have to also approach criticism in a intelligent and civilized way because otherwise people will eat you alive and you will have people that are either more intelligent, more civilized, or both destroy in arguments and debates.

Now I would agree with this if it weren't for the simple fact that Phil never truly listens no matter what. We can talk about the core problems or deep level of change but he has to do his part and ACTUALLY listen to people because otherwise why should we give him a fair shake? When I gave suggestions and he just said they were all worthless instead of hearing me out, that is an example of not actually doing your part and listening, it is also highly immature and very uncivilized. If he wants a fair shake and wants people to give another chance out of the hundreds we have already given him, then he needs to learn to listen.

I have to agree with this and am guilty of calling it quits but then coming back because I needed to get my composure back because of what he did and I felt extremely insulted when he sat here and said that no one is worthy of debating with him as if he is some celebrity when he's not even a C-list celebrity, he's infamous not famous.

Yes while transforming is not possible overnight, you also shouldn't just brag about being "positive" let the people decide that. By constantly telling people how positive you were, it makes people not even care because you keep saying it when it's supposed to be up to us to decide.

See the problem is that he shouldn't declare DSPositive unless he shows he can be positive for more than a day and if people don't believe him then hey that's fine just tell people "Hey I'm trying to be positive, I know in the past I haven't been all that positive and I know I say it a lot, but I want to actually attempt to believe me and I know you all don't believe me and that's okay but at least try to give me a chance to change." something with humility would make people give him a bit of a chance, but screaming to the Heavens that you're positive now and anyone who doesn't like it can leave is not the way of doing things.

​You mean the fact she's starting her own soap/wax tart making business which will be launching shortly? With its own social media set up and a set business plan for success? And that she's been spending the greater part of 2 month setting this up, and now making product for the initial launch? But honestly, that's none of your business anyway and you shouldn't be asking me about that.

​But that's the thing, you're asking for donations, and in doing so, you've made it our business to be scrutinous of your financial situation.  Do you understand how it raises eyebrows when you say you're in crippling debt, yet refuse to sell your condo, refuse to sell your action figures, and basically don't give any evidence of trying to better your financial situation?  You've set up a Patreon, not with the goal of funding a new project, but just to sustain your current lifestyle. Trust me on this one, you start showing evidence of things you've done to cut back (not just intentions, after all the road to hell is paved with good intentions), and stop talking about your luxury expenses like fancy hotels, the viewers will be a lot more ready to donate.

PS, I'm really happy about the new improvements on the Guiding Light vids.  Good job on that.

• Upvote 1

​But that's the thing, you're asking for donations, and in doing so, you've made it our business to be scrutinous of your financial situation.  Do you understand how it raises eyebrows when you say you're in crippling debt, yet refuse to sell your condo, refuse to sell your action figures, and basically don't give any evidence of trying to better your financial situation?  You've set up a Patreon, not with the goal of funding a new project, but just to sustain your current lifestyle. Trust me on this one, you start showing evidence of things you've done to cut back (not just intentions, after all the road to hell is paved with good intentions), and stop talking about your luxury expenses like fancy hotels, the viewers will be a lot more ready to donate.

PS, I'm really happy about the new improvements on the Guiding Light vids.  Good job on that.

​I dont blame him for not wanting to sell thing i would be the same way if i was in debit i would not want to sell my games it would be the last thing i do. Same thing with action figures its something he loves i would not want to sell it ether there are better ways to go about getting out of debt without selling everything you own. Not like hes going to be thrown out on street anytime soon due to debt.

I do agree with the WWE game he should not be spending money on a f2p game like that its a time waster and wont help you in any way. At least with him buying games its considered part of his job on youtube playing the WWE game well complaining your in debt is now smart at all.

​It's an anger/temper thing. I have anger issues and have had them for a long time. I need to learn/work on controlling it and not letting it flow into the gameplay anymore, if it's become SUCH a huge issue that people are now angry/turned off from my content because of it.

​I don't think completely shutting out your anger is healthy. It's not the raging itself that people don't like, it's just when you blame the game/devs for your mistakes. Direct the anger towards yourself instead, curse a few rounds, or slam the controller.

• Upvote 2

​I don't think completely shutting out your anger is healthy. It's not the raging itself that people don't like, it's just when you blame the game/devs for your mistakes. Direct the anger towards yourself instead, curse a few rounds, or slam the controller.

​I was thinking a similar thing.  At the same time, I want him to keep his authenticity, and I sometimes wonder if, as unjustified as we think some cursing the developer is or how out-of-proportion some whining is, in his own mind he thinks he's completely right?

There are times when he's been flat out wrong in calling something buggy when it was his failure to understand the mechanic, and there are times when he's said the game is bad but it was just a hasty condemnation that he later qualified or redacted.  I guess the answer is to give the developer and the game the benefit of the doubt.  Anger alone isn't the issue.  [url=http://thekingofhate.com/forums/topic/21-playthrough-improvement-suggestions/?do=findComment&comment=6063]Here is a post where I note a particular episode that his anger was more off-putting than entertaining.

​ Well while I can somewhat agree, I have to also say that he shouldn't be providing people with ammunition of his "personal business" by posting videos of him telling people about their personal business. This is the internet, expecting people not to use your personal business that you provided via videos, forums, and Twitter, is just moronic and it's not thinking realistic. And if you're going to call yourself "The realest mother fucker on the internet" or "The King Of Hate" then you have to also approach criticism in a intelligent and civilized way because otherwise people will eat you alive and you will have people that are either more intelligent, more civilized, or both destroy in arguments and debates.

Now I would agree with this if it weren't for the simple fact that Phil never truly listens no matter what. We can talk about the core problems or deep level of change but he has to do his part and ACTUALLY listen to people because otherwise why should we give him a fair shake? When I gave suggestions and he just said they were all worthless instead of hearing me out, that is an example of not actually doing your part and listening, it is also highly immature and very uncivilized. If he wants a fair shake and wants people to give another chance out of the hundreds we have already given him, then he needs to learn to listen.

I have to agree with this and am guilty of calling it quits but then coming back because I needed to get my composure back because of what he did and I felt extremely insulted when he sat here and said that no one is worthy of debating with him as if he is some celebrity when he's not even a C-list celebrity, he's infamous not famous.

Yes while transforming is not possible overnight, you also shouldn't just brag about being "positive" let the people decide that. By constantly telling people how positive you were, it makes people not even care because you keep saying it when it's supposed to be up to us to decide.

See the problem is that he shouldn't declare DSPositive unless he shows he can be positive for more than a day and if people don't believe him then hey that's fine just tell people "Hey I'm trying to be positive, I know in the past I haven't been all that positive and I know I say it a lot, but I want to actually attempt to believe me and I know you all don't believe me and that's okay but at least try to give me a chance to change." something with humility would make people give him a bit of a chance, but screaming to the Heavens that you're positive now and anyone who doesn't like it can leave is not the way of doing things.

The thing about all that is, not everything that's true is helpful to mention.  I do think some people get so wrapped up in how oh-so-bad the way Phil goes about things, is, that they fail to realise when they are being immature, inappropriate or undiplomatic themselves.  I think on both sides, people need to weigh the effect of their words.  Judge the worth of saying something by the effect it has, not just whether it's a fact.  There's more to the issue than being right.

• Upvote 2

​It's an anger/temper thing. I have anger issues and have had them for a long time. I need to learn/work on controlling it and not letting it flow into the gameplay anymore, if it's become SUCH a huge issue that people are now angry/turned off from my content because of it.

​Just because you have anger issues doesn't mean you can away with not apologizing and tell people to get over it. It makes things worse. And it's very hypocritical for you to spout out "positivity" and call others "negative" when you do nothing positive and continue being angry (like when people tried to help with suggestions and you called them worthless).

• Upvote 1

​You mean the fact she's starting her own soap/wax tart making business which will be launching shortly? With its own social media set up and a set business plan for success? And that she's been spending the greater part of 2 month setting this up, and now making product for the initial launch? But honestly, that's none of your business anyway and you shouldn't be asking me about that.

you do know people have a job or a lot of saved up money while setting up their business right? it's to make sure that they support their family/ loved ones while building up to what they want to do. it's very sad that leanna does not help out one bit financially and it's sad that you don't expect her to help out while building up this business 

• Upvote 1

Re: toning down the anger: I forgot that he'd done this, but I just finished watching yesterday's Grim Fandango stream and it occurred to me afterward that not once did he rage.  He also seemed more engaged and less blasé.  I got the feeling of shared, mutual enjoyment, like we were going to enjoy the game together, instead of some alienating turmoil that you want to back away from.  Of course this could be down to the game-type; I might check out the latest Dying Light footage later and see if this transformation has really had any sticking power...  (or someone else could let me know)

Ideas on how to turn things around:

1. Embrace your fail and stop being so defensive.  The "This is how you dont play" videos are funny because people take time to edit your stuff down into a single video that is easier to digest. You rage and suck at games a lot of the time, and you know this, so make your own "this is how you dont play" videos after a playthrough. It's okay to make fun of yourself, these are video games dude.

2. In 2015 quality > quantity.  You NEED to edit your videos to stay competitive, but that doesn't mean you have to change your core fundamentals.  Editing doesn't just mean editing out sections of your lets plays, it also means highlighting the best parts of them so that newcomers don't have to sift through so much boring shit for the good stuff.  Look at the big youtubers, they make a video or two a day that are short, focused, funny, and easy to digest.  This is what a majority of youtube wants now, and one of the ways to help you grow.  Yes, you will have to significantly cut down the amount of videos you make, but that is a good thing.  You wont have people finding your channel on part 6 of some random playthough where nothing interesting happens, and then leaving immediately because it was a shitty video.  Add different / funny effects that highlight your style of commentary.

3. Look up, learn, and live all the youtube analytic and marketing information that is out there. This is SUPER IMPORTANT, and you just seem to ignore it. You also NEED to make thumbnails man, and it would be good to make a new thumbnail for each video. This is the billboard for your video, newcomers will click and watch your video instead of someone else's if you have a thumbnail that stands out.  

These are just some basic ideas, I'm on lunch break and have to go but I'm sure you wont care to adapt any of this anyways.

P.S.  One more thing, treat youtube like the job it is.  I have spent 6-7 hours editing a 30 minute video before, just to be proud of it.  Make stuff that you actually care about, don't just shit out stale gameplays over and over again. 

1. Embrace your fail and stop being so defensive.  The "This is how you dont play" videos are funny because people take time to edit your stuff down into a single video that is easier to digest. You rage and suck at games a lot of the time, and you know this, so make your own "this is how you dont play" videos after a playthrough. It's okay to make fun of yourself, these are video games dude.

2. In 2015 quality > quantity.  You NEED to edit your videos to stay competitive, but that doesn't mean you have to change your core fundamentals.  Editing doesn't just mean editing out sections of your lets plays, it also means highlighting the best parts of them so that newcomers don't have to sift through so much boring shit for the good stuff.  Look at the big youtubers, they make a video or two a day that are short, focused, funny, and easy to digest.  This is what a majority of youtube wants now, and one of the ways to help you grow.  Yes, you will have to significantly cut down the amount of videos you make, but that is a good thing.  You wont have people finding your channel on part 6 of some random playthough where nothing interesting happens, and then leaving immediately because it was a shitty video.  Add different / funny effects that highlight your style of commentary.

3. Look up, learn, and live all the youtube analytic and marketing information that is out there. This is SUPER IMPORTANT, and you just seem to ignore it. You also NEED to make thumbnails man, and it would be good to make a new thumbnail for each video. This is the billboard for your video, newcomers will click and watch your video instead of someone else's if you have a thumbnail that stands out.  

These are just some basic ideas, I'm on lunch break and have to go but I'm sure you wont care to adapt any of this anyways.

P.S.  One more thing, treat youtube like the job it is.  I have spent 6-7 hours editing a 30 minute video before, just to be proud of it.  Make stuff that you actually care about, don't just shit out stale gameplays over and over again. 

​I strongly believe that the people in this forum are really trying to help you Phil, now that I've seen for myself that there ARE things you need to change. I definitely agree with this advice here, and feel it will definitely turn things around for you.

This is how to help Phil, not throw insults or defame his character.

​I may be alone or one of the few people who feel this way but I really think TIHYDP aren't really worth watching or rather it's simply not titled correctly. I get the impression the title series is supposedly saying or should be saying "this is not how you go about playing this, but this is how do you do it". I know someone told me months ago there's something like that called "good idea, bad idea" but really why edit all of dsp's content into one 2-4 hour long video but don't offer counter parts on how to actually go about those areas he's failing at?
Youtube has a policy you can't label your videos or use thumbnails that are completely unrelated to get views like a "thumbnail of a hot girl" but it's about bike riding to increase views. I feel those videos would be more enjoyable if those guys put in real days of work into recording themselves properly doing those parts. Right now it should just be renamed to "the failing or miscues of DSP" As that's kinda what it is, all the fails, funny or bad, of his playthrough summed up. I'm sure the original MGS and Dark Souls 1 had more substance but now all the recent videos just has random people being vile and posting sludge worthy comments which begs the question that the whole concept is now flawed and simply lost it's way. 

Sorry for the offtopic post guys. 

A wise man, people call him boogie2988, said these wise words today:

​That's why I like boogie2988, yes he can be called a sell-out or make bad videos just like any other youtuber but with saying that, he can take criticism in stride and better himself and his content..unlike Phil who cringes at the mere thought of someone calling him a "poopie-head"

• Upvote 1

​That's why I like boogie2988, yes he can be called a sell-out or make bad videos just like any other youtuber but with saying that, he can take criticism in stride and better himself and his content..unlike Phil who cringes at the mere thought of someone calling him a "poopie-head"

​Very true. People have said absolutely terrible things to boogie, and I have to admit that I'm surprised to hear people calling him a sellout. One of the things he does that Phil can definitely learn from is he learns how to roll with the punches and separate the true criticism from the trolling.

I think he just needs a radical change in his work flow. nobody wants to watch 100 10 min videos anymore. people now realize that its a money grab and somewhat lazy. I still watch phils videos regardless but a majority have caught on to the whole upload as many videos as possible strategy. phil needs to start editing and he needs to make videos longer. And he needs waaaay less videos. Times change, tastes change. maybe at first he'd make less money but if he keepsdoing the things i mentioned his channel will probably grow. you can edit videos and still make the playthrough feel real and uncut. idk just my thoughts.