The King of Hate Forums

Casual Survey/Unpopular opinion - Coffee tastes horrible

So here I was trying to introduce more healthy things in my diet, (because it can always be better), and I read that coffee is actually pretty good for one's body, offering protection for several diseases and such, I haven't done super intensive research.

And lucky me, a friend of mine gave me a super rare, gourmet or whatever, (sure), expensive coffee packet, the "good" stuff, but I also had a normal one for visits. So I decided to try both, and see why it's one of the most popular beverages in the world, (my second time trying it ever).

And... it tastes like demons. I also made sure to properly prepare it, so it's not that.

It's so weird that it's so popular, and I usually try to put health-benefits over taste-preference, but this stuff is horrible. What about you, do you like it? Seems like I'm the only one amongst my friends that don't like it.

Coffee.gif.bb879448a60972928857f1dceffc725f.gif

• Like 1

Same with beer, it tastes terrible. Cigarettes, they smell like shit.

Try to put more sugar into the coffee. Use more water. Try cream, condensed milk.

For example. Pure cocoa tastes like shit. But when you put sugar and fat to it, it tastes good.

Try to make a cappuccino. That tastes good.

Edited by babymngaming456
18 minutes ago, babymngaming456 said:

Same with beer, it tastes terrible. Cigarettes, they smell like shit.

Try to put more sugar into the coffee. Use more water. Try cream, condensed milk.

For example. Pure cocoa tastes like shit. But when you put sugar and fat to it, it tastes good.

Try to make a cappuccino. That tastes good.

Oh no, with cigarettes don't even get me started, I'll get PTSD. Absolutely horrible, makes me sick just by thinking about it. With beer, I just tried the non-alcoholic ones because I don't drink, and I'm not sure it'll give me anything beneficial in terms of nutrition, when I could be having something else, so I discontinued it. Just had it some times on rare occasions, although I didn't mind the taste.

I don't think coffee is salvageable for me, in any way, shape or form... & no way I'm using sugar either. It's just weird to me that so many people like this substance, and even go crazy about it. Everyone around me loves it.

I think I'm being the weird one, though.

42 minutes ago, JeffBezosRightNut said:

Just drink tea like a civilized person.

Although to be serious, I'm not sure you'd like tea much better if you dislike coffee...

Oh no, I like tea. I also have a ton that some friends gave me as a gift from other countries, & some "snobby" stuff. I have to try them all out, just because it's something different.

They often gift me infusions, everything for Mora. Tea.png.2adff839547fe47ac02bd856b6a189d7.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Well coffee is made from beans. So it makes sense why some people don't like the taste. Maybe you guys should buy some real whole grown coffee beans, crush it up and make some coffee. That might taste better, than the silly instant made ready ones. But I must warn you all, real grounded coffee beans, has a slightly different yet stronger taste. So make sure to add milk, and generous amounts of sugar in it.

Me, I like coffee, I drink it sometimes, but in a sense that is more of an old people's drink, to give them daily morning energy.

Tea and cocoa for me all the way dudes. Those are my drinks.:cool:

Edited by musicboy
4 minutes ago, musicboy said:

Well coffee is made from beans. So it makes sense why some people don't like it. Maybe you guys should buy some real whole grown coffee beans, crush it up and make some coffee. That might taste better, than the silly instant made ready ones. But I must warn you all, real grounded coffee beans, has a slightly different yet stronger taste. So make sure to add milk, and generous amounts of sugar in it.

Me, I like coffee, I drink it sometimes, but in a sense that is more of an old people's drink, to give them daily morning energy.

Tea and cocoa for me all the way dudes. Those are my drinks.:cool:

Cocoa for me all the way

• Like 1

One of the packages I tried was supposed to be good, also came in some fancy package. I'm sure it was from somewhere in Micronesia, I do remember that, but I didn't come near close to liking it.

I'd say one of my favourite drinks is natural carrot juice, but I don't have it very often.

On 2/27/2021 at 4:48 PM, MoraMoria said:

I'd say one of my favourite drinks is natural carrot juice, but I don't have it very often.

The sweetened or unsweetened carrot juice?

Edited by musicboy
44 minutes ago, musicboy said:

The sweetened or unsweetened carrot juice?

Sweetened? Not a chance.

All natural, musicboy. Carrots going to the blender, that's already sweet enough for me, but it's also healthier!

Carrot.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, MDCFAN101 said:

Has anyone here tried Dunkin' Donuts' Dunkaccino?  OMG, it is delicious.

Not me, I cannot eat junk food, or whatever you want to call such hypercaloric food items. If you personally like it, that's fine though.

I'm already super-strict enough to avoid far less unhealthy foods, do you know what will happen if I drank a cursed Dunkaccino?

Crazy.gif.99b0ba2f1601a9c9d5fc3829b479caa4.gif

5 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

Not me, I cannot eat junk food, or whatever you want to call such hypercaloric food items. If you personally like it, that's fine though.

I'm already super-strict enough to avoid far less unhealthy foods, do you know what will happen if I drank a cursed Dunkaccino?

Crazy.gif.99b0ba2f1601a9c9d5fc3829b479caa4.gif

Let me guess, if you drank a Dunkaccino, you'll go off the walls?

25 minutes ago, MDCFAN101 said:

Let me guess, if you drank a Dunkaccino, you'll go off the walls?

Now? Unsure but more than likely. Angels will start dying as well, leaving a trail of blood as they fall to the depths of hell.

It's been a long time since I relinquished eating unhealthy foods, not just because of the sugar... I always try my best. I'll say that there's no taste in this world that will ever surpass the feeling of being diligent with nutrition, or at least attempting it.

That's right, no ice-cream or anything like that for me, absolutely shameful to put taste over health for my body.

You can tell by this, I'm fun‼

Party.thumb.jpg.c1a874b6cac97775255488e8373cd9b0.jpg

35 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

Now? Unsure but more than likely. Angels will start dying as well, leaving a trail of blood as they fall to the depths of hell.

SMH, you could've just said sugar and caffeine makes me hyper.