The King of Hate Forums
ThankYouDarkSyde

Absolutely appalled with detractors

I’m sorry if talking about this is disallowed but I felt like this was the best place to post it. Lock it if needs be and even talking about this is gonna be kinda rough but here goes.

I feel like laughing at a TIHYDP vídeo or whatever is one thing by itself but it gives ammo to those with issues that take it too far. 

I saw a small clip show up on YouTube of Phil reading that heartfelt message a fan sent to him and they were all laughing about it in the comments. I don’t usually respond to comments but I did this time and of course it fell on deaf ears. Everyone was telling me to shut up etc. But after this I looked up the actual stream where it came from and watched it in its entirety and it was a very powerful moment. Gonna watch Part 2 later.

Phil is right, not many could put up with the kind of treatment he gets and it’s horrible that someone has to live with it. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get through to these people? He made that debunking stream last year and I thought that did a good job of addressing the things people use against him but no, they just used it for more hateful content. 

It really saddens me that things are this way. 

I will say that the behavior of some of his "detractors" certainly cast Phil in a better light. Everyone putting stuff online has their "detractors" but I've never seen a community this large dedicated to screwing one guy. Obviously not all detractors are equal, some just don't like Phil and want to talk crap on a forum, but the circle-jerk nature of the detractor community means that insane people can take it way too far while being shielded from criticism.

Edited by JeffBezosRightNut

There is legit criticism, as well as senseless hatred for him, his fans & viewers, amongst other perspectives, so it depends on who you're referring to. Since not every person is the same, I assume you're talking about "detractors" that really do hate/dislike him a lot as a person, not as a "gamer", in which case their minds are already set.

However there might be a way to get through some of them, but that would inevitably require Phil to be more transparent about his finances & private life; actually refute some accusations held against him; probably do some fan-appreciation events "out-of-his-pocket"; overall change his attitude & some of his unfortunate choice of words; not push so much on reminding about contributions; and some other things. That's what I think it's required for changing minds, (in general), however you'll still have people that would argue that he did this to "look good"/other, and that he's dragging too much from the past, so they'll never be content regardless of what he does, but that reaction is to be expected.

As you can see it's all in Phil's shoulders, and whether these are good ideas or not, you can make your own conclusions. I have some criticism of my own, not only directed at "detractors", but I always try to be polite with everyone regardless of their views.

Edited by MoraMoria

10 hours ago, ThankYouDarkSyde said:

I’m sorry if talking about this is disallowed but I felt like this was the best place to post it. Lock it if needs be and even talking about this is gonna be kinda rough but here goes.

I feel like laughing at a TIHYDP vídeo or whatever is one thing by itself but it gives ammo to those with issues that take it too far. 

I saw a small clip show up on YouTube of Phil reading that heartfelt message a fan sent to him and they were all laughing about it in the comments. I don’t usually respond to comments but I did this time and of course it fell on deaf ears. Everyone was telling me to shut up etc. But after this I looked up the actual stream where it came from and watched it in its entirety and it was a very powerful moment. Gonna watch Part 2 later.

I will there are people who take it too far, but there are also people who think Phil could do a lot to improve.

10 hours ago, ThankYouDarkSyde said:

He made that debunking stream last year and I thought that did a good job of addressing the things people use against him but no, they just used it for more hateful content. 

From what I understand the issue people have with that "debunking" stream is that he didn't actually debunk anything. He essentially did what he always does, denied things, and asked everyone to take his word for it while refusing to present any evidence or proof of anything.

1 hour ago, MoraMoria said:

There is legit criticism, as well as senseless hatred for him, his fans & viewers, amongst other perspectives, so it depends on who you're referring to. Since not every person is the same, I assume you're talking about "detractors" that really do hate/dislike him a lot as a person, not as a "gamer", in which case their minds are already set.

However there might be a way to get through some of them, but that would inevitably require Phil to be more transparent about his finances & private life; actually refute some accusations held against him; probably do some fan-appreciation events "out-of-his-pocket"; overall change his attitude & some of his unfortunate choice of words; not push so much on reminding about contributions; and some other things. That's what I think it's required for changing minds, (in general), however you'll still have people that would argue that he did this to "look good"/other, and that he's dragging too much from the past, so they'll never be content regardless of what he does, but that reaction is to be expected.

As you can see it's all in Phil's shoulders, and whether these are good ideas or not, you can make your own conclusions. I have some criticism of my own, not only directed at "detractors", but I always try to be polite with everyone regardless of their views.

This is pretty much what I would've said so I'll just let your post be it.

Edited by ShinraRecruit

@JeffBezosRightNut

Oh yeah totally, everyone that puts stuff online is going to have negative feedback, it’s just gonna happen. Yeah that’s what I meant. Laughing at negative videos is one thing but like Phil said in the past, it causes people who take it too far to do stuff like swatting

@MoraMoria

I guess I didn’t explain myself, what I was referring to mostly the people laughing at Phil crying. It’s one thing to laugh as he dies in a game over and over or something. I don’t think that’s particularly vicious but laughing at someone crying over a nice message they received is just horrible. But yeah you’re right, some people will always hate regardless. 

It just makes me laugh that people still bring up things that happened in like 2009. Oh right because I’m sure every detractor has never said anything they regret, ever. I like your ideas.

@ShinraRecruit

Well I suppose. I thought at least bringing it up would have made people happy. 

• Like 1