Viewer's Choice Nominations Thread: July 2020

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Skate 3

There's no limit for the number of nominations one can make? Maybe I'll have some fun later and nominate every single game, (I can leave some out so that you don't treat my post as +1 to everything, a

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes Nier: Automata (Finish the full story-Endings B & C) The Witcher 3 (Hard Mode Run) Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (Remaster)

Posted Images

-Any of the Smackdown vs Raw series like 06 or 07

-Halo 3

-Spiderman ps2

-Spider-Man 2

-Star Wars Battlefront ps2 (he can play Historical Campaign)

-Ninja Turtles 2003

-GTA 5 the redux

-Star Wars Ep 3 Revenge of the Sith

-Smackdown HCTP

-Ultimate Spider-Man 

-Saints Row (1)

-Mortal Kombat Armageddon

-Batman Arkham City (maybe remaster)

1 hour ago, babymngaming456 said:

And then another platformer for little children is going to win again.

Yes, that is highly probable going by past events. Maybe a winner like that gets blocked or delayed on account of Spongebob being played recently.

1 hour ago, babymngaming456 said:

I doubt Witcher 3 on hard mode or actually finishing Nier:A is putting a twist to it.

Fair enough. I think playing a game on something aside from normal mode or completing the full story to something he has done is at least different from the way he normally plays games.

36 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

Yeah, but he's playing 1 game, 2 at most.

I bet anyone can decide to make a proper list that they're happy with, of let's say 5-10 games, and not leave something important. Nominating >35 is kind of ridiculous, and most will only get 1 nomination, as we've seen in previous threads. But "technically" it can be done, right? So nothing stops me from choosing 500 games.

The number of games he is playing is inconsequential to what is nominated. Anyone can make N number of games and it can be considered "proper" that they are happy with and they may consider them all "important". Having first round options isn't ridiculous. Its just the way the Viewers Choice is designed to work with the mult-round system ("THIS IS YOUR OPPORTUNITY to get me a game you've always wanted to see me play, and I haven't! So take advantage of it and good luck!").

You're right. Nothing stops someone from choosing 500. So why not? Higher number of nominations don't stress the forums, don't make it harder to nominate or choose games, and has no negative impact on the event. Or is the idea to introduce a brand new rule in the midst of nominations like has happened in the past? Should we go back to every VC Nomination thread and ban everything that only got one vote just for the sake of it? Something getting only one vote and not moving forward isn't an issue. We don't know if something will get more than one nomination on its second appearance or if it will still get one.

If Phil wants to make another arbitrary rule to limit the number of nominations, let him do so and make the new rule very clear. I'll go back and edit my own nomination post. And then all of us can police each others posts to make sure that we don't exceed the maximum number across multiple posts.

Edited by Another_Derich
19 hours ago, Beautifulbutterfly said:

Onimusha warlords

Rainbow six Vegas 2

Rainbow six Vegas 1

Ghost recon advanced warfighter 2

Ghost recon advanced warfighter 

The darkness

Lost odyssey 

Brothers in arms hells highway 

Kingdoms of amular 

Just cause 2

Skate 3

Divinity original sin 2

(All available on xbox one)

I agree with JC2 and Skate 3.

19 hours ago, Another_Derich said:

Mostly copy and pasted from my last nominations:

Primary Nominations

Jak 2 (REDEMPTION RUN)
Deus Ex: Human Revolution (PACIFIST RUN)
Batman: Arkham City

Secondary Nominations
Ice Age: Scrats Nutty Adventure
Jumanji: The Video Game
Super Lucky's Tale
Bubsy: The Woolies Strike Back
Bubsy: Paws on Fire!
Assassin's Creed 2
Batman: Arkham Asylum
James Bond 007: Agent Under Fire
James Bond 007: Everything or Nothing
Maximo: Ghosts to Glory
Mirror's Edge (original)
Rainbow 6
Far Cry 3
Far Cry 4
Far Cry: Blood Dragon
Bulletstorm
Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric
Ride to Hell: Retribution
Manhunt
Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid
America's Army: Proving Grounds
Just Cause 4
Tenchu 2
inFamous
inFamous 2
UFC3
Spider-Man 3
Peter Jackson's King Kong
Simpsons Road Rage
Perfect Dark Zero
The Quiet Man
Spider-Man PS1

I agree with King Kong.

1 hour ago, Another_Derich said:

Or is the idea to introduce a brand new rule in the midst of nominations like has happened in the past? Should we go back to every VC Nomination thread and ban everything that only got one vote just for the sake of it? Something getting only one vote and not moving forward isn't an issue. We don't know if something will get more than one nomination on its second appearance or if it will still get one.

If Phil wants to make another arbitrary rule to limit the number of nominations, let him do so and make the new rule very clear. I'll go back and edit my own nomination post. And then all of us can police each others posts to make sure that we don't exceed the maximum number across multiple posts.

No, I'm against changing rules on the fly, and I'm all for making them very clear from the start.

So it's all set for this event, you shouldn't go back & edit your post unless you actually changed your opinion regarding the games, not because of new criteria. I just find it funny that you can nominate literally hundreds/thousands of games, and even several times if you change the conditions, (E.g: "Dark Souls Magic-run" & "Dark Souls broken-sword-run" are technically different, so I can stack them up), despite the total number being inconsequential.

8 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

This dude still hasn't played Hollow knight.

Thinking about picking that up in the sale. How is it compared to timespinner?

What about more GTA runs since all the old ones are claimed on youtube?

They aren't too long either so wont take up too much time or eat into other playthroughs

14 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

I just find it funny that you can nominate literally hundreds/thousands of games, and even several times if you change the conditions, (E.g: "Dark Souls Magic-run" & "Dark Souls broken-sword-run" are technically different, so I can stack them up)

Well, we don't actually know if its allowed or not. I made a nomination for a specific type of play type based in the game and someone else suggested hard mode. For all we know, both are not allowed and would be ignored if they made it far enough. For all the times the event has happened, there rules aren't stringent enough for us to really know. Maybe in the future, the event will continue to improve so we know things concretely.

When people ask you to play PS2 games and you say you have no way to capture the video from old consoles, why don't you emulate them? You only need to own the game. You don't even need to own the console.

19 hours ago, babymngaming456 said:

He said he's going to finish BM when Xen is added. Now if he actually does it...

Never mind. He also said he enjoyed the Code Vein demo and is excited to play the full game.

Edited by babymngaming456
4 hours ago, Another_Derich said:

I made a nomination for a specific type of play type based in the game and someone else suggested hard mode.

Which one is that? I thought it was "The Witcher 3", but I don't see it in your post.

4 hours ago, Another_Derich said:

Well, we don't actually know if its allowed or not. (...) For all we know, both are not allowed and would be ignored if they made it far enough. For all the times the event has happened, there rules aren't stringent enough for us to really know. Maybe in the future, the event will continue to improve so we know things concretely.

He mentioned in the OP the idea of introducing new ways of playing, (even mentioning Dark Souls), so it should be allowed, although this isn't something new. That was the whole point of his magic-run, and this concept was mentioned way back, I think.

Games with different conditions should also count as different nominations, (E.g: A "DS-Greatsword run" should be nothing like a "DS-No weapons run"), if you dismiss this, the entire premise of the event loses its meaning.

55 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

Which one is that? I thought it was "The Witcher 3", but I don't see it in your post.

He mentioned in the OP the idea of introducing new ways of playing, (even mentioning Dark Souls), so it should be allowed, although this isn't something new. That was the whole point of his magic-run, and this concept was mentioned way back, I think.

Games with different conditions should also count as different nominations, (E.g: A "DS-Greatsword run" should be nothing like a "DS-No weapons run"), if you dismiss this, the entire premise of the event loses its meaning.

When I referenced Witcher 3, it was someone else asking for hard mode that I was using for an example. I didn't nominate it, but did nominate Deus Ex: Human Revolution.  Since Deus Ex: HR can be completed without killing anyone but bosses (and a trophy/achievement is attached to it), I nominated a pacifist run.

I'm just uncertain what he will really accept as a new way of playing. Hard mode of a game he might not think of as an interesting variable or a no kill run may not be interesting enough to him either. I'm hopeful but skeptical on this stuff. Him doing something much more challenging than normal has a different kind of appeal that I think it'd be nice to see.

3 hours ago, babymngaming456 said:

Never mind. He also said he enjoyed the Code Vein demo and is excited to play the full game.

I know it was banned a while ago but I can't remember the why of Code Vein being denied. I thought I recalled him being interested in it.

3 hours ago, Another_Derich said:

I can't remember the why of Code Vein being denied.

Something about that people only want to see him suffer playing Souls game. Apparently a random idiot told him that (silent majority I assume) so it must be true. That's why people didn't want to see Sekiro NG+, not because the game sucks. True fans want to see positive things like the vest. No one from the silent majority asks for Code Vein. Maybe it would be different if Derich asked.

He said people asked him to play NG+ in Dark Souls. So he played NG+ in Sekiro. People obviously didn't care. But that somehow confirms they only want to see him suffer.

A lot of people mentioned Nier, but everyone wants something different: we have endings B&C; true ending, (ending E); and just "Nier".

Just wait until it doesn't get to the voting-thread, because the nominations are too dispersed.

Also:

https://nierautomata.wiki.fextralife.com/Endings+Guide

Maybe I should vote for Nier, (All endings, from A-Z). I wonder how many replays that could get, without good planning on what to choose, (and apparently there might be a 27th ending, I should also add that one).

6 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

A lot of people mentioned Nier, but everyone wants something different: we have endings B&C; true ending, (ending E); and just "Nier".

Nier and Nier:Automata aren't the same game. Nier:A has 2 major endings, the rest is meaningless. Everyone simply wants him to finish Nier:A, that's not hard to understand. He only played half of the game.

43 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

Which ones?

Endings A to E are the full game. Only route B requires you to replay some stuff. C and D are the main endings, based on your choice. If you get C, you only need to replay the final battle to get D, and vice versa. E is a minigame at the credits.

You play it the first time, you get ending A. You restart the game, you get ending B. You restart the game (you continue after ending B), you get ending C. You replay the last battle, you get ending D and E.

• Phil locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic