The King of Hate Forums

Ask the King Ep. 83: NOW Oct. 8, 2020

Hey Phil, 

If you were instantly granted $100M today with no strings attached how would you spend it? 

Presumably you would fix your tax situation but after that, what woudo you look to do? Would you continue streaming/stream less often? 

I often, find it fun to daydream about this scenario.

Thank, 

100 Gecs

Phil, as you find yourself closer to a "stable" financial situation, how do you plan to maintain stability? For example, maintain a minimum balance (at least $1000) for unexpected expenses; develop a monthly budget covering all expected expenses, with a buffer/cushion (at least $200) for small fluctuations; establish an emergency fund covering 3 to 6 months of expenses (contribute $250 per month. If the fund is sufficient, contribute less. *this fund should be rarely used); save for retirement - and consider investing retirement funds to preserve purchasing power (because inflation).

• Like 1

Seeing a popular Twitch broadcaster like CohhCarnage do a "Mod Day" every now and then that celebrates the hard work moderators do for essentially a free job by giving them the tips earned on the day, have you or will you consider doing something similar to that towards your moderators? Understandably, he is one of the highest paid Twitch streamers so I know you don't have the same luxury he may have to sacrifice tip money but have you considered taking a day in giving back to the community in that regard? It seems like a great way to boost the morale of doing a effortless, selfless job and may help in keeping the moderator turnabout at a lower pace. 

Side question is I know you've done raffles and giveaways in the past, have you considered or will do more giveaways to your subscribers to make their loyalty more worth it? Maybe PSN Card giveaway or a game giveaway. 

These seem like excellent ways in gaining positive publicity amongst your audience or people who may be interested in following your content.

26 minutes ago, Blackspawn89 said:

Seeing a popular Twitch broadcaster like CohhCarnage do a "Mod Day" every now and then that celebrates the hard work moderators do for essentially a free job by giving them the tips earned on the day, have you or will you consider doing something similar to that towards your moderators? Understandably, he is one of the highest paid Twitch streamers so I know you don't have the same luxury he may have to sacrifice tip money but have you considered taking a day in giving back to the community in that regard? It seems like a great way to boost the morale of doing a effortless, selfless job and may help in keeping the moderator turnabout at a lower pace. 

Its sad that a great idea like that will be ultimately ignored.

• Upvote 1

Hey Phil,

So sorry to hear that you are disappointed by this year's game releases. You have found most of them to be quite lackluster, and you are left wanting more.

With that being said, I highly recommend 4 games that were released over the last few years, that I think you will love.

Game #1: Hollow Knight (2018). It is a 2D Metroidvania platformer which is my absolute favorite game of all time. It is widely regarded by many to be one of the best Metroidvanias ever made. The combat is simple yet challenging, the artwork is amazing, and each location and enemy feels so unique. Do give this one a try. This game is available on PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch.

Game #2: CrossCode (2018). Even though this game is 2 years old, it was recently ported to the PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch. CrossCode is a top-down action RPG. Players control a mute character named Lea as she plays a fictional MMORPG known as CrossWorlds. This game features fast-paced combat, challenging but fun puzzles, but most importantly an emotionally investing story. One of the best indie games ever made.

Game #3: Zero Escape Trilogy (2009-2016). Not sure if this one is up your alley, but Zero Escape is a visual novel/puzzle game. The premise involves 9 strangers who are kidnapped and trapped in a facility by a masked man named Zero. These 9 strangers have to figure out how to escape, while also finding out more about each other and Zero's true identity. The story is very complex and mind-blowing, which is something we don't see in games these days.

Game #4: The Legend of Heroes: Trails series. This is a long-standing JRPG series that features 8 games so far. All 8 games are interconnected, featuring a massive story with amazing character arcs. There is a 9th game coming out, with the English release being a few months away. Each game builds upon the previous, so I highly suggest you start playing them in order of chronological release date.

So sorry that this question is super long, but I would appreciate it if you take a look at gameplay videos on YouTube to determine if these games are worth playing. Thanks again for your time, and all the best in your YouTube career.

Have you watched Twin Peaks, if so, did you enjoy it? 

WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO ACCEPT MY OFFER TO PLAY SYSTEM SHOCK 2 FOR HALLOWEEN :biggrin::tongue:

If you could only give a single piece of advice to someone, what would it be? 

All good if you don't want to discuss it, no expectations :excl: but do you have any info on where Rambo went/if hes alive? He hasn't posted a video in two years and his website is down :/

If you could change one thing about our world today, what would it be? 

Anything in particular you miss about the bachelor life? Is married life better than bachelor life, overall, disregarding personal struggles? 

Is it just me or are good games becoming less and less common, albeit the quality of them going up? I remember during the 7th gen consoles it was like every week we were getting bangers.

WHENS THE NEXT DARK SOULS RUN?????? :< 

Will you play Final Fantasy 9/12 this year? Or maybe even 8? :smile:

Perhaps another New Vegas run?

What's the best game ever in your opinion and why is it Silent Hill 2

When did you first watch professional wrestling

If you were a freshman in college again, would you do anything differently, or are you content with how things turned out? 

What do you think of WWE having the lowest ratings in their history and Vince doing jackshit to fix it 

Edited by TheReflectingGod

Hey Phil,

Would you transition to PC as your main system for gaming? If yes, would you build a gaming PC yourself, maybe as a special stream?

Building a PC is not difficult, and purchasing individual parts is cheaper than buying a pre-built PC of the same specs. In fact, you can build a good gaming PC for $1,000 to $2,500.

Also, there are great resources that can help, such as "pcpartpicker.com" and guides on YouTube for tips on assembling PCs.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Were you a regular viewer of the TV network originally known as TechTV, which later became known as G4?  If so, what were some of your favorite TechTV/G4 shows, hosts and memories? Are you excited about the return of G4 in 2021?

Edited by CiscoCertified

Hi Phil.

I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but...

Why do you assume streamers like Dr Disrespect are successful only because they "dress up as cartoon characters?" If it was that simple, anyone could do it; so it's obviously more than that. Take a look below!

Random examples:

Funny PUBG reaction / transitions: 

Funny transitions: 

Edited by OrangePotato
On 8/11/2020 at 5:08 AM, CiscoCertified said:

Were you a regular viewer of the TV network originally known as TechTV, which later became known as G4?  If so, what were some of your favorite TechTV/G4 shows, hosts and memories? Are you excited about the return of G4 in 2021?

When I saw the teaser for G4's return, I was like, "OMG what?"

Hi Phil, 

We had a discussion over email about unbanning me from your Twitch chat, I had a few more questions to ask you about Twitch & YouTube as I'm looking to get started on my own channels. 

Q1.

I had moderate success on YouTube in high school (one video with 25k+ views), but I didn't keep producing content so my channel eventually fell flat and that was something like 7 years ago now. I suppose I'd just like to ask if you have any tips for somebody starting out? Like, what's a good weekly upload rate for a beginner and what are you opinions on lengthy edited videos VS shorter, uncut content.

Same goes for Twitch, I'm looking at doing one Twitch stream a week to start with, with plans to build it up to three streams a week. Does that seem like a decent goal for a beginner?

Q2.

My content, unlike your own, would be more edited review-style videos, with text-reviews on my website to support them. I remember at one point you tried something similar with KO Gaming. Do you have any comments to make about more edited style videos or any tips which would help save me time on mistakes that you've perhaps made in the past?

Cheers,

Sulivano.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Phil. Do you plan on upgrading your webcam? I think Logitech is a good choice. Apparently, Logitech webcams are really popular. An article noted the Logitech C920 as the industry standard. And they seem reasonably priced. Another article stated Logitech is having trouble keeping up with the demand. According to my research, popular streamers such as Dr Disrespect, Shroud, xQcOW, and loltyler1 use the C920. In addition, streamers such as Amouranth use the Logitech C922; and Pokimane uses a variant, the C922x. And, Ninja and Tfue use the more expensive Logitech BRIO.

• Upvote 2

Hey, Phil!

About headsets - I think you pre-ordered the Sony/PlayStation Pulse or something, but would you consider using earbuds in the future?

I noticed a lot of female Twitch streamers are switching to them.

I can't compare sound quality, but I guess they may be more comfortable? And you can wear hats!

Thanks!