The King of Hate Forums
brownsyndrome

the vest is getting tiresome

am i the only one who is starting to think the vest is getting to become a problem....it used to be he would get the plugs out of the way in the prestream but now the entire stream is dedicate to counting tips and mentioning the vest constantly ...yes people in the chat might talk about it on a night stream if tips are low but dsp could easily ignore that and focus on the game but instead its "looks like wer're not getting the vest tonight its the end of the streak" every 10 minutes ..chill streams are no longer chill because he's constantly reminding people they need to give more money and its taking over the entire stream and i think its ruining the content 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, brownsyndrome said:

yes people in the chat might talk about it on a night stream if tips are low but dsp could easily ignore that and focus on the game but instead its "looks like wer're not getting the vest tonight its the end of the streak" every 10 minutes

It can be ignored but its not because saying that is useful to encourage people to tip. Those "chill" streams were often fraught with rants about things anyhow. They weren't that chill and they will not be that chill because like you saw with Animal Crossing, you'll be getting that plug constantly towards the back half of the night stream until a big donator shows up.

The last 30 minutes to an hour is dedicated to constantly saying "I dont know if we are gonna hit the streak" or "Maybe this is is it" we all know what DSP is trying to do but fucking hell. Its starting to get annoying and ruining the quality of the stream.

Edited by FloydMayweather
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, brownsyndrome said:

am i the only one who is starting to think the vest is getting to become a problem

Yes. You hate positivity?

3 hours ago, brownsyndrome said:

yes people in the chat might talk about it on a night stream if tips are low

Rob will save it with an angry tip aimed towards the chat to shut up about the vest.

1 hour ago, FloydMayweather said:

we all know what DSP is trying to do

What? He's just stating facts that the tips are low.

This is totally valid constructive criticism, and I also think that reminding so often about the vest can be detrimental to Phil's streams, not to mention that no one forgot about the vest anyways.

@Phil What do you think?

You guys pay for it. Phil would literally stop wearing it if people didn't ask for it so blame yourselves.

1 minute ago, KGhaleon said:

You guys pay for it.

I don't think anyone in this thread is paying money for Phil to wear the vest.

At the same time, as viewers of his streams, it's perfectly fine to post criticism, specially if they feel like it's a negative for his playthroughs.

Phil doesn't want any more drama about the vest streak. After the Animal Crossing fiasco. People should tip early to prevent any drama and stream derailing.

Why not drop the vest streak then? Problem solved.

Here's an idea for a new streak. If we hit $100, he puts the Wolverine figure on the sofa as a mascot.

1 hour ago, babymngaming456 said:

The vest streak is becoming less and less positive.

Are you using the money metaphor? If so, how, he's still reaching the goal. Or are people demanding other rewards?

47 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

Are you using the money metaphor?

No. I mean it stresses him out when it's not reached quickly. Last prestreams were about how it was barely reached and how chat stressed him out about it. It didn't sound positive at all.

1 hour ago, babymngaming456 said:

how chat stressed him out about it.

Chat is stressing him about him not getting enough money?

That's ridiculous, but also rude to other viewers. Not only because of the spam, but because they're expecting others to contribute because they want something. That's only if I'm interpreting the situation correctly, otherwise he can just ask them politely to stop it, and hopefully that would be the end of it.

Edited by MoraMoria

43 minutes ago, FloydMayweather said:

This streak is never going to end.

Once the Coronavirus dies down in America the stream might deflate back to normal, but I know the reason why it won't. As long as DSP keeps up the narrative of framing the detractors as internet bullies who bully him for no reason (even though he claims he ignores them and having mad reasons why they bully him) then saying things like this:

3.thumb.png.8d10c0446551c9d205880b63f57679f3.png

Which entices people like this:

2.thumb.png.938e5146921eb23ead9744e91dfbc672.png

To spike their PTSD from being bullied in school which makes them arm their wallets to disrupt detractors and vicariously stick it to their real life bullies. The vest streak won't end... Well...  unless he pisses each one of his big donators off in various ways. (it's happened before, several times)

Personally, I think paying someone just to watch them play a video game is already dumb. Paying someone a $100.00 just to put on a vest for the last 15 minutes of their stream just to stick it to a few people on Twitter is borderline retarded. To me that is. But if thats what the kids are doing nowadays and if that supports someones living for the short term, who am I to judge?

Edited by YosemityElite
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, FloydMayweather said:

This streak is never going to end.

It literally ended ages ago, Phil just ignored it and continued on.

1 hour ago, KGhaleon said:

It literally ended ages ago, Phil just ignored it and continued on.

DSP bends the rules constantly, misreading tips, streaming longer to hit the tips goal. I dont think he cares about the streak, he just wants the money. For that I can't blame him lol, if these people are giving him all this money to put a piece of clothing? good for him i guess

29 minutes ago, FloydMayweather said:

DSP bends the rules constantly, misreading tips, streaming longer to hit the tips goal. I dont think he cares about the streak, he just wants the money. For that I can't blame him lol, if these people are giving him all this money to put a piece of clothing? good for him i guess

Not only just to put on a piece of clothing, but put it on for the last 15-30 minutes of the stream..

41 minutes ago, YosemityElite said:

Not only just to put on a piece of clothing, but put it on for the last 15-30 minutes of the stream..

Yes I find the whole thing childish and very annoying, but as I said before... I don't blame Phil at all. He's doing something that requires literally no effort and recouping maximum gains. We'd all do the same lol

7 minutes ago, FloydMayweather said:

Yes I find the whole thing childish and very annoying, but as I said before... I don't blame Phil at all. He's doing something that requires literally no effort and recouping maximum gains. We'd all do the same lol

If I didn't believe in karma, had no conscience, didn't value my sleep  nor care who I see in the mirror and was willing to develop a late night drinking and gambling problem over greed.. I would be taking these plethora of idiots to the bank! $100 vest Streaks, $150 to put on MC Hammer pants, $200 Dick Thrust into the camera... whatever these morons want to pay for I will offer rewards with the lowest amount of effort possible. As long as its within my 2 hour stream limit though,. I don't care if we hit the $200 goal at 8:59, I will do whatever and shut off the stream. Can't cut into the time I spend to gamble and read detractor shi... i mean spend time with the wife. lol

It continues because people are stupid enough to pay him money to put on a stupid vest. If the idiots like the person who tipped him 65 dollars at the end of stream stopped doing it this dude wouldn't talk about and obsess over it anymore. 

Edited by Royal_Phalanx91
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

Chat is stressing him about him not getting enough money?

That's ridiculous, but also rude to other viewers. Not only because of the spam, but because they're expecting others to contribute because they want something. That's only if I'm interpreting the situation correctly, otherwise he can just ask them politely to stop it, and hopefully that would be the end of it.

The situation is a bit of an oddity. A lot of times, when Phil has like an hour left to stream and the money isn't high enough, he will drop a "hint". He'll tell people he isn't streaming much longer, say how much money is left to go to hit the goal, and then give a speech about how he thinks its really going to end this time and how he is grateful but if we want the streak to continue then we have to contribute but its okay if we don't because it lasted a while. This causes people to say "hint hint" in chat or use the HINT emote from one of the chat regular's channel.

Afterwards, people say things like "send the tweet" or "im worried about the vest" cause Phil has sparked conversation about the vest due to bringing it up so often. The vest goal talk can be brought up multiple times in the last part of a stream. Highest I remember counting is 4 occurrences.

Chat "stressing" him is just their response from what Phil is saying and giving them a topic to talk about. He might ask them to stop but it doesn't. Which is odd because when people spam copy pastas, talk about his ex, talk about detractors, talk about topics he doesn't like there is something that happens - actual moderation. If there was a desire for the vest spam to stop, we'd see the same thing.

• Like 1

i dont see why talk about his tips goal should be in the youtube videos since you cant see the twitch chat in a youtube video all i want to do is sit there and watch how he plays fire emblem but instead its about the vest streak and its really obnoxious and ruins the videos

suggestion for @PhiI please keep talk of the vest and tips goal out of the youtube videos because we already have the leaderboards on screen every video now its getting annoying to listen to the playthroughs in the background because of all the vest and tips goal talk

34 minutes ago, brownsyndrome said:

i dont see why talk about his tips goal should be in the youtube videos

Just an archive.

People from Youtube might tip too.

16 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

Not only because of the spam, but because they're expecting others to contribute because they want something.

It works on Rob, Silentbob, Beastbod really well. Why stop it?

It's clearly derailing and no moderation is being enforced when it happens, (when other less problematic topics are), then @Phil should be logically consistent and stop it when it becomes spam, (maybe remind the vest-streak briefly, one time at most).

Because it seems like you're sacrificing quality of your streams for the benefit of reminding people of something that they already know. Is this the content you want to produce then?

• Upvote 1