Jump to content
The King of Hate Forums
Phil

Viewers' Choice July 2020 POLL Thread!

Viewers' Choice Spring 2020 POLL Thread!  

270 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, SuperCowboy said:

Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony is in no way a "Children's Game". I know that there is a cast of high school students in the game, but they are being forced to freaking kill each other.

It's a game for teens, not much different. It's like when adults play Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Paper Mario and claim it's not for children, it's for all age.

3 hours ago, SuperCowboy said:

Maybe I didn't get your point in context. If so, then my bad. You can correct me.

Simply said, there are 2 types of viewers:

-ones who want to see fun gameplay

-ones who only want to see their virtual friend

2 hours ago, Osium said:

he’ll die multiple times throughout the game.

That doesn't make the gameplay any more interesting. Just like Tsushima. People want to see Souls games for the fun gameplay, not just because he dies a lot.

57 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

What certain type

I assume weebs in general.

2 hours ago, meatboyman said:

the one souls like game i would have voted for code vein has been blacklisted

It's because of the AGENDA.

 

Spoiler

Is this what people call gaslighting? The narrative is changing every time for the worse.

We know there's only one person who has an agenda. :sad: I'm tired of this same bullshit.

Edited by babymngaming456

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's talk about something positive.

What do you think should be the marathon for the next sub goal?

I suggest a marathon where people nominate games they want to see. It's the best type of marathon.

Can be called Viewer/Fan Appreciation Marathon.

Since Phil already got money gifted to buy Code Vein, he could allow it for the marathon.

Edited by babymngaming456

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem with this uproar on visual novels is that DSP NEVER plays them unless they are voted for. 3rd Phoenix Wright game and both Danganronpa games got played by viewer's choice, what other visual novel does DSP play? Do you even count TellTale games and Life is Strange as this?(I don't). I get it, they're time consuming and Phil does voice over work which is tiresome but it's better to do it in the summer vs the winter where DSP gets hit with allergies/throat sore. 

This is legit the only time DSP would ever play these type of games so it's no surprise people come in and vote for the said game. 

Danganronpa is in the same mode as Battle Royale, that's not for teenagers. It has some Saw elements too, a mature series. 

30 minutes ago, babymngaming456 said:

Let's talk about something positive.

What do you think should be the marathon for the next sub goal?

I suggest a marathon where people nominate games they want to see. It's the best type of marathon.

Can be called Viewer/Fan Appreciation Marathon.

Since Phil already got money gifted to buy Code Vein, he could allow it for the marathon.

Game series marathon ala Battletoads without rewind. He did a summer of mega man which was awesome, doing a week or two week on a dead period of a beloved series is great. His DKC marathon was fantastic for the most part besides the save scumming. 

 

Edited by Blackspawn89

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, YosemityElite said:

O its one of THOSE games. Listen, if you're not into weeaboo shit, those types of games are boring and repetitive as hell. Persona 3 was one of the worst "games" (I don't even think its much of a game) I ever played. Only reason those games have such an intense, die hard audience is because the regular gamer never heard and will never touch games like these.

Are you calling Phil a Weeaboo? He's played games from Final Fantasy, Disgaea, to Ni No Kuni. 

Can you please explain why you think Persona 3 isn't as much of a game? The game is a bit outdated, but I'm not really sure what exactly you meant by that. 

 

Edited by SuperCowboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SuperCowboy said:

Are you calling Phil a Weeaboo? He's played games from Final Fantasy, Disgaea, to Ni No Kuni. 

No im not calling Phil a weeaboo. His weeaboo viewers force him to play those games for money.

1 hour ago, SuperCowboy said:

Can you please explain why you think Persona 3 isn't as much of a game? The game is a bit outdated, but I'm not really sure what exactly you meant by that. 

It isn't a game. I played it during a period where I was traveling a lot and could play it on my phone. You wake up, you go to school to "build relationships" (do nothing), wait until midnight or whatever until the tower opens, run up floors and battle the same shit over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.... *200 floors later* .... and over and over and over and over again until the game is over. Only remotely interesting thing about the game was combining the cards to make new ones. Other than that, I am over the "Serious high school kid moves to somewhere new, all the girls want to fuck him but his dick doesn't work because he's focused on a mission" game that has been recited countless times.

The game is terrible unless you're a weeaboo and get drawn in to the look and the cardboard personalities of the characters.

 

Edited by YosemityElite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, YosemityElite said:

It isn't a game. I played it during a period where I was traveling a lot and could play it on my phone. You wake up, you go to school to "build relationships" (do nothing), wait until midnight or whatever until the tower opens, run up floors and battle the same shit over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.... *200 floors later* .... and over and over and over and over again until the game is over. Only remotely interesting thing about the game was combining the cards to make new ones. Other than that, I am over the "Serious high school kid moves to somewhere new, all the girls want to fuck him but his dick doesn't work because he's focused on a mission" game that has been recited countless times.

The game is terrible unless you're a weeaboo and get drawn in to the look and the cardboard personalities of the characters.

 

Ouch, that hurts. Guess I'm a weeaboo outcast now (which I honestly never really saw myself as a weeb before).

Anyway, thanks for the reply. At least I have a better idea on why some modern players were a bit off-putting with the game. 

 

Edited by SuperCowboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, SuperCowboy said:

Ouch, that hurts. Guess I'm a weeaboo outcast now (which I honestly never really saw myself as a weeb before).

Anyway, thanks for the reply. At least I have a better idea on why some modern players were a bit off-putting with the game. 

Nothing wrong with liking those games and if I come off as calling people weeaboos as an insult I apologize, it's just not for me. I enjoy the many Japanese RPG's and such. Can't wait for the second part of the new FFRemake, its the anime style games with no real gameplay and story I hard pass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, YosemityElite said:

Nothing wrong with liking those games and if I come off as calling people weeaboos as an insult I apologize, it's just not for me. I enjoy the many Japanese RPG's and such. Can't wait for the second part of the new FFRemake, its the anime style games with no real gameplay and story I hard pass.

I understand, everyone has their own tastes when it comes to games. Danganronpa V3 may lack "excellent" gameplay, but the game still has its own merits for being a really good game in the series (some may argue the best in the series). 

With the votes closing soon, I can honestly say that I am bit worried with what two games would win. 

Just hopefully in the future, Phil would manage to take a look at some of the games that weren't able to win in this Poll.

Other than that, I will definitely be exited for the moment when DSP plays Part 2 of the Final Fantasy 7 Remake Trilogy (Me hoping that they will be split into a trilogy because of the original three disks in the PS1 version). 

Edited by SuperCowboy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Megamannt125 said:

Garbage action games winning? I sleep.

It at least gives me more time to play Let It Die and other great games from my backlog.

Edited by SuperCowboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Daddy said:

Hope its Divinity: Original Sin II on hard mode

Hard mode isn’t necessary. Most people who play Divinity on the default difficulty find it very challenging.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, myfavoritestreamer said:

who in the hell asked for divinity? 

People who have good taste in games are asking for Divinity.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, babymngaming456 said:

You people really have zero common sense and self awareness.

Whatever, dude. Your thoughts and opinions don’t matter to me. I’m just glad that Phil is going to play something interesting for a change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Osium said:

I’m just glad that Phil is going to play something interesting for a change.

But you want him to play Divinity. That's going to be one of the most boring playthroughs. What's even worse is that it will take 100 hours.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, babymngaming456 said:

But you want him to play Divinity. That's going to be one of the most boring playthroughs. What's even worse is that it will take 100 hours.

The game being boring to watch is just your subjective Opinion. An opinion that is fortunately irrelevant to the result of the voting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, babymngaming456 said:

But you want him to play Divinity. That's going to be one of the most boring playthroughs. What's even worse is that it will take 100 hours.

Let's be real, Phil's not gonna finish Divinity Original Sin 2. He'll be too bored and it's too complex for him. It's just not his kind of game.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, ShinraRecruit said:

Let's be real, Phil's not gonna finish Divinity Original Sin 2. He'll be too bored and it's too complex for him. It's just not his kind of game.

Then maybe he'll replace it with a more interesting game, hopefully.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...