The King of Hate Forums

DSP making $20,000+ from Wearing a Vest is hilarious

Think about it, he made all that money without improving the streams in any way. He's managed to make this much $$$$ whilst doing nothing in return.

Truly inspiring

Thats why I never understand the people telling him "to get a job"... what other job allows him to make $300+ a day with zero effort needed? 

In regards to people telling him to "get a job", possibly because streaming games is not sustainable at long term.

Either way, I think it's less about the attire itself, and more about keeping the event going, for the different reasons some fans have. Doesn't even need to be a vest, but it helps that's something visual. That's why I think the platinum one is more popular, because even though it's basically the same thing as the others, it makes Phil look silly on top of everything.

I think he has also created expectatives for the goal to be met.

1 hour ago, babymngaming456 said:

He reached a special niche of people

Spoiler

1.png.62197af2af99925180305374e333a18e.png

2 hours ago, FloydMayweather said:

Think about it, he made all that money without improving the streams in any way. He's managed to make this much $$$$ whilst doing nothing in return.

To be honest its not that much money. Im guessing he makes a couple a grand from Twitch subs and bits and basically nothing from Youtube so i'll just work with the tips.

$100 a stream, 2 streams a day is $200, $200 x 30 days is $6000 a month, $6000 x 12 months = $72,000. Sounds pretty good, right? $21,000 of that goes to Uncle Sam. So in actuality he's making 50k. Still pretty good right? It would be good anywhere else besides Seattle, where the median household income is $93,000. So take that for what you will.

To some, people may think Phil is luxurious off of playing video games, but I would hate having to be in a room playing video games for people who troll me all day. No other hobbies, no friends, hell he doesn't even like music. Phil lives an easy life on hard mode.

Edited by YosemityElite
22 minutes ago, GuessWhat said:

1. It can be ignored.

2. How?

1. No it can't. His job requires him to read stream messages and be on social media. Eventually you're going to get tired of half reading messages like "KaT iS a HOrSe!" and "lOl U mAsTeRbaTed On StReAm!". I know I would get tired of it knowing I could do other things.

2.This is why I say Phil lives a relatively easy life on hard mode. He doesn't have to leave the house for nothing, he doesn't have to deal with bosses or employees, and he's part of one of the most diverse and welcoming communities. All he has to do is wake up, play video games, eat, go to sleep, sometimes go out to eat and pick up groceries, pay bills online, maybe go to a homeowners meeting, but most days he doesn't have to leave the house at all. I wouldn't want that life, but I imagine some would.

This is why I say he lives life on hard mode. Phil's daily routine seems to be wake up at 9:00AM, eat, stream, take a shit in the middle of a stream, eat again, stream, read troll comments, talk with wife, watch a movie, drink, pass out at 3AM, wake up tired and do it all over again day in and day out. Depressing in my book. Phil also likes to talk shit about people he doesn't know and talk about things he has no clue of, which in the course of over 10 years has burned every bridge possible and gave him the large audience of trolls he has now. Phil likes to fuck up his money on god knows, but he's blowing it somewhere and its not the detractors fault like he says because at the end of the day he spends the money he earns. I don't see how you at least make $4,000 a month after taxes and can't afford not to not make a $100 for a stream when you only have a wife and a cat to feed. I don't see how he can't afford his taxes for 4 years straight. He doesn't have 1 friend, not ONE. A couple of days ago he said he didn't have 3 friends to help validate his Facebook. I got depressed after hearing that. He doesn't have any other hobbies. He doesn't workout even though he has a whole bunch of free time to do so. No aspirations or even a plan for life after streaming. No savings to speak of. No vacations. Nothing.

Over 10 years of doing this and he has nothing to show for it but an expensive middle condo, a ton of video game shit, and a bankruptcy. That's life on hard mode when it could of been so much easier. But its his life, maybe that's the life of his dreams he's living right now. 

8 hours ago, YosemityElite said:
  Reveal hidden contents

To be honest its not that much money. Im guessing he makes a couple a grand from Twitch subs and bits and basically nothing from Youtube so i'll just work with the tips.

$100 a stream, 2 streams a day is $200, $200 x 30 days is $6000 a month, $6000 x 12 months = $72,000. Sounds pretty good, right? $21,000 of that goes to Uncle Sam. So in actuality he's making 50k. Still pretty good right? It would be good anywhere else besides Seattle, where the median household income is $93,000. So take that for what you will.

To some, people may think Phil is luxurious off of playing video games, but I would hate having to be in a room playing video games for people who troll me all day. No other hobbies, no friends, hell he doesn't even like music. Phil lives an easy life on hard mode.

To imply that Phil is living off of $50,000 post-taxes with that calculation is just wrong. With all his other streams of revenue which includes subs, bits, streams where he goes over the $100 goal, ad revenue from both twitch and youtube, patreon, teespring, etc., Phil easily make 6 figures before taxes and interest from his loans. Also his wife works which is another source of income for his household. No one forced Phil to move to a gated community in Seattle where the cost of living is much higher than the national average.

Phil enjoys a higher than average income, in a home that many Americans could never afford. He also gets to set his own schedule and be his own boss while the national unemployment rate is at the highest level it has been since the Great Depression. If Phil really hated sitting in his room and streaming video games so much he could have quit at any time and have gotten another job. Yes, Phil has to deal with trolls at a level that is much different than most other online content creators but that is worth being able enjoy all the perks that his career allows him in my opinion. Clearly it is worth it for Phil since he still is creating content after over a decade.

No offense to Phil but to say that he lives life on hard mode is disrespectful to the people who work harder and more dangerous jobs in order to provide for their families.

2 hours ago, gabbagol said:

No offense to Phil but to say that he lives life on hard mode is disrespectful to the people who work harder and more dangerous jobs in order to provide for their families.

If you're answering the other person, I think they mean that Phil makes life harder on himself, when it could be easier, given the circumstances. Or that's what I understood.

Saying that someone lives on "hard mode" is relative, and to say that for most people in the US would be a joke if you're comparing them with others in certain countries, even more if you're considering someone with a job, car & house. If anything, Phil has "hard mode" when it comes to trolling, but I believe that with wiser decisions he could refute any accusations throw against him, and even make them look bad.

It's not that hard to deal with Internet-trolling when you know what you're doing, worst cases are when it relates to false copyright claims because of incomplete & exploitable law/policy, and chargeback-fraud. Even then, there are some actions to be taken so that it doesn't become a real problem.

18 hours ago, YosemityElite said:
  Reveal hidden contents

DSP told the bankruptcy court he made $10K each month and he has admitted on stream he hasn't paid federal taxes for two years. He also claimed he spends $5K each month on his streaming somehow. God knows what that money is going into because it's not games, electricity, and Internet- that shit is less than a tenth of $5K.

1 hour ago, vuloxi said:

DSP told the bankruptcy court he made $10K each month and he has admitted on stream he hasn't paid federal taxes for two years. He also claimed he spends $5K each month on his streaming somehow. God knows what that money is going into because it's not games, electricity, and Internet- that shit is less than a tenth of $5K.

There are YouTubers with full fledged TV shows with multiple seasons that don't have 5K in expenses per month, maybe DSP is lumping in another stuff to reach 5K?

22 hours ago, gabbagol said:

Never said he lives life on hard mode. Maybe you should read what I said first before criticizing me.

6 hours ago, babymngaming456 said:

What happened that we didn't hit the $200 goal? With only $20 highest tip. I wanted to see what's the new positive reveal.

A red vest everyone saw and equipment donated to him years ago that he never bothered to use. Happy 200th vest streak dumb motherfuckers.

1 hour ago, babymngaming456 said:

Why do people treat DSP like it's a cult with him being a cult leader?

It just makes them look like idiots. Comments like this is why detractors call them wheelchair symbols.

Let me guess... Probably a kid and most of his tweets are towards DSP.

*goes to profile*

yup.

5 hours ago, babymngaming456 said:

Like with the cat reveal when he kept saying it's something that will positively affect the streams.

Apparently he can't do a green screen or anything to improve the stream since this new Tax situation needs to take priority, which is fine I guess but there's always a new Tax saga.

The highlight for me was him pulling out an Elgato Stream Deck which a fan donated to him years ago, lmao which could of been useful for his soundboard noises.

Never change Phil.

Edited by FloydMayweather
  • Upvote 1

Ok totally honest question.

Why should people even give ANY fucks about how much he makes? He actually found something that works entertains people. Something that actually stuck and drives forth engagement with his growing audience. Why would anyone, that's not part of his life, ever care about this? Just let it go. 

I used to be hardcore into him, until he went and rage quit the last boss of Persona 3. WTF! I'm very well aware that he went back and actually finished it but it left a bad taste in my mouth that I didn't care much about it anymore. I lost interest, I let it go, I moved on with my life. Some of the stuff that happens in this forums is pure trolling at times. Why focus it on trolling or berate Phil is beyond me. 

Just wanted to say my piece. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, God_Revan said:

Some of the stuff that happens in this forums is pure trolling at times. Why focus it on trolling or berate Phil is beyond me. 

Everything that surrounds DSP is about drama, without drama, DSP wouldn't exist anymore. As much as the detractors despise him and as much as he despises them they have to co-exist to even exist at all. One dies without the other. 

11 hours ago, God_Revan said:

Why should people even give ANY fucks about how much he makes?

Because that is his ENTIRE content now, the whole stream revolves around a vest. 

Most content creators don't bring up money, taxes and other financial things NOWHERE NEAR the amount he does. Instead of asking people here that question, I think it serves its purpose better towards the person who actually starts the conversation. "Hey Phil, why do you think your viewers need to hear about your bank overdrafting this month?

Just saying

Edited by FloydMayweather
10 minutes ago, FloydMayweather said:

Because that is his ENTIRE content now, the whole stream revolves around a vest. 

I would disagree. I am sure there are some viewers that are fixated with the vest but I think the silent majority just want to watch Phil play the game and hear is opinion. 

12 hours ago, God_Revan said:

Ok totally honest question.

Why should people even give ANY fucks about how much he makes?

Because the people that bring this up argue that Phil lies to his fans for economical benefit, or achieves it through immoral means. This, along with their estimate on his income, would suggest that he's overspending on something else that's frivolous, or that he's somewhat negligent, (willfully or not), when it comes to deciding what to do with the contributions he receives from generous fans. The clash between their estimates on Phil's earnings, post-expenses, and how often he encourages people to donate, would suggest that he just doesn't care about his audience, but only the money, and that he's being disrespectful & disingenuous to them.

You have to throw into the equation other factors like the moving of his then girlfriend; marriage; the fact that he owns a pet; newest theory about irresponsible expenditures; and so on. This is a mountain of events in Phil's known life, that play a role when people mention "how much he makes". This is why it's pertinent, because he brings up the fact that he needs the money, and talks about his personal situation, (taxes, debts, expenses, other), when encouraging people to donate, (and very often).

It is a matter of morality to some, because they see Phil as a greedy person; and a matter of entertainment to others. That's why some "detractors" mock him, as well as his fans, and label them as gullible, (for refusing to accept the evidence against Phil), foolish, (for believing a supposed liar), and/or irresponsible, (for not caring while giving money). Those two stances on him, and a mixture of both, is what fuels the conversation on threads/forums/circles involving people who don't like him, along with his skills at gaming, daily happenings, Twitter/other drama, opinions he posts in Social Media, and everything else that's public about his life.

That's essentially what's happening, and what I think are their main arguments. I won't extend myself any longer, but this is mostly rooted on Phil asking for money in the way he does & circumstances he's in.