Jump to content
The King of Hate Forums
MoraMoria

Cooking With The King

Recommended Posts

"Cooking with the King" is a good thing to try and start doing that's new, because not only will break the monotony in Phil's schedule, but also makes sense from a business perspective. People have been asking for this for quite a while, and it would make the perfect main or side-event, (he can do it instead of the Retrospective, or along with it). Best part is, he doesn't even need to know how to prepare the meal, one of Phil's resons as to why he wouldn't do it. That's the fun part, he can experiment in the kitchen: just take a recipe from the Internet, get the ingredients, and live-stream it, or in case he can't, just do a pre-recorded video, (although he once streamed through his mobile in the restroom, so It shouldn't be a problem).

You have people who'll contribute & enjoy you making this type of vlog, even if you're just bumbling around not knowing what to do... all it's required is for him to try and follow the recipe he got. I'd also add that I personally would prefer choosing something that's at least mildly elaborate to prepare, because that's the point. He might even be able to do a Q&A session, or simply interact with chat while he does the less-complex things. And yes, it requires no less than minimal effort if that's what some might add.


If I remember correctly, Phil's reasons as to why he wouldn't do this were:

  1. He doesn't know how to cook other than basic things.
  2. People might get personal information out of the video.
  3. Loses a day of streaming.

And the opposite argument would be:

  1. Not a problem, that's part of the reason as to why this event could be even more fun.
  2. You can just take out important papers/whatever out in beforehand, (like any careful person would, it's going on the Internet), and people googling whatever equipment/cutlery you're using shouldn't be a problem unless you really overspent, (there's already videos of his kitchen anyways, & him making his Italian-sauce). Otherwise, depriving your audience & streams from this event just because someone might claim you overspent in the rubbish-bin/other is hardly an argument.
  3. Your fans have asked this, it's on demand, and you can make it an event as a reward for their awesome generosity, (still, chances are, people end up contributing even more).

You can post your opinions, or add whatever you like. Do you think it's a good idea? What fun recipes should he try?

Edited by MoraMoria

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every time people asked for it the answer was that it's too much effort. As is the answer for everything.

"The more people ask for it, the less I want to do it." Good luck with this genius logic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, babymngaming456 said:

Every time people asked for it the answer was that it's too much effort. As is the answer for everything.

Wau. How lazy can you get? All you have to do is order, turn on the camera, eat, and talk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

Do you think it's a good idea? What fun recipes should he try?

Its obviously a good idea to anyone who is aware or the series or how popular it was for him. It is one of the only series that people continually ask for still. Even "detractors" enjoyed the series to an extent. There are so many options he could choose from. The food doesn't even have to be Michelin star rated or executed perfectly. It could be recipes that people suggest to him, random things he finds on a food website that he explores on stream, traditional Italian food that he hasn't tried to make before, traditional Polish food that he hasn't tried to make before, rehash of older foods he made to see if he can "elevate" it or to put a twist on it.

30 minutes ago, babymngaming456 said:

Every time people asked for it the answer was that it's too much effort. As is the answer for everything.

"The more people ask for it, the less I want to do it." Good luck with this genius logic.

Which is something odd because when it comes to games, he'll tell someone cheering him to play something that "no one has asked for it". There is apparently an area where he is less interested in something of high demand, (is it spite?), and an area where he doesn't care cause no one said anything/he doesn't know about it yet.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, babymngaming456 said:

the answer was that it's too much effort

If getting groceries were too much adrenaline than I wouldn't doubt that making a cooking video would break him.

DSP literally has no reason to make one, he made $20,000 wearing a vest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have special people who give out thousands of dollars just to see a number on screen go higher by 1.

Why put effort into anything? Especially when you don't really like what you are doing or the people you are dealing with. :sad:

2 hours ago, Another_Derich said:

is it spite?

Pretty much. Derich is the only one who gets attention, seems like he hates his chat.

2 hours ago, Another_Derich said:

There is apparently an area where he is less interested in something of high demand

Mostly concerning fun things. Silent majority doesn't ask for fun things.

Edited by babymngaming456

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, FloydMayweather said:

DSP literally has no reason to make one

5 hours ago, babymngaming456 said:

You have special people who give out thousands of dollars just to see a number on screen go higher by 1.

Why put effort into anything? Especially when you don't really like what you are doing or the people you are dealing with. :sad:

Then why bother to try to improve, or do different things?

If the reasoning is that because he makes easy money by wearing a piece of clothing so that doing fun things/events are pointless, then he's just failing to his audience that cares about the quality of his content.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

Then why bother to try to improve, or do different things?

If the reasoning is that because he makes easy money by wearing a piece of clothing so that doing fun things/events are pointless, then he's just failing to his audience that cares about the quality of his content.

I really don't even blame Phil, if these people are giving him money for a vest why change? 

 

I thought at the 200 goal he would at least improve the streams, with a green screen and incorporate the stream deck. These are things FOR the stream and he refuses to do it, so good luck with anything outside his "office".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

then he's just failing to his audience that cares about the quality of his content.

Because only the people who don't care about the quality are tipping. Pandering to these people doesn't take effort. Why would people who care about the quality tip if the quality is low with no sight of improvement? Pandering to these people takes effort.

It's also about having a passion for what you are doing. Imagine you don't like your job and the people you work around. Would you put any effort into your job?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, babymngaming456 said:

Because only the people who don't care about the quality are tipping. Pandering to these people doesn't take effort. Why would people who care about the quality tip if the quality is low with no sight of improvement? Pandering to these people takes effort.

It's also about having a passion for what you are doing. Imagine you don't like your job and the people you work around. Would you put any effort into your job?

I couldn't wake up and look myself in the mirror doing what Phil does. I must take pride in my work because sooner or later the money isn't going to pay for your misery and conscience you've built up over the years to go away.

Edited by TrayUpperdeck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, babymngaming456 said:

Imagine you have fans with the mental capacity of a peanut. That you can tell them anything and they will believe it, they'll take everything you say at face value. Would you have any respect for them?

He also has fans and people in his audience that do not, and that care about the quality & variety of the content. This thread is an example to that, it tries to encourage him into doing something actually positive for everyone at the cost of minimal effort, and it's also open for whatever criticism anyone would have against it, or improvements.

I'd say this is a pretty good use for the Forum, I'll be waiting for @Phil's response.

Edited by MoraMoria

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

He also has fans and people in his audience that do not, and that care about the quality & variety of the content.

Those are a very small minority or they rather watch the restreams.

What kind of fans would someone prefer? Ones that have the mental capacity of a peanut and like everything you do, or ones with common sense that have criticism of your work? Also, which ones do you think donate a lot of money?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

He also has fans and people in his audience that do not, and that care about the quality & variety of the content. This thread is an example to that, it tries to encourage him into doing something actually positive for everyone at the cost of minimal effort, and it's also open for whatever criticism anyone would have against it, or improvements.

I'd say this is a pretty good use for the Forum, I'll be waiting for @Phil's response.

You've been here for two years. Has the stream improved in any way with the help of the suggestions of this forum? And im not talking about polls for video games, actual stream improvements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My initial responses: 

1. I have zero interest in cooking. I didn't have interest in cooking when I made POORLY Cooking With the King, either. There is a definitive difference between an intentionally "fucking around" series and something as being suggested here, which is much more serious of an attempt to actually make a meal. Right now, I have interest in doing what I love: gaming and hanging out with a live audience.

2. It would mean not streaming normally for a day. Which means, lost income, and delaying ongoing playthroughs that are already established. Unless you absolutely guarantee that people are going to contribute, which I don't see, because people tune into my streams to talk with me while I play games. Guess what I can't do when I'm cooking? Either of those things.

3. Yes, it's a personal risk to live stream (with no opportunity to edit anything out that could be harmful) from anywhere but my office. YOU may not understand why, but I certainly do, and I don't have to elaborate on that, because simply doing so could reveal info and be harmful. If you can't respect that, I can't help you understand.

4. It would seriously mess with my real-life schedule. At least 4 days a week, my wife goes to work. So I'm going to be messing around in the kitchen all day, screwing with her schedule, just to do a pointless joke of a cooking stream? What if the food comes out awful? Then we have to either cook again, or go buy food, and rush to do so in time so that my wife can still get to work. Or else, I'm doing it on one of Kat's days off, which is just as bad as she deserves to actually relax and not worry about me filming all around the house.

5. I have nothing to validly stream from outside of the office. My phone isn't great and the quality wouldn't be on par with anything worth doing. If this were a request to record with a camcorder and edit, that would be different; and that would also mean even MORE time, as I'd have to figure out how to edit that footage together before uploading, which I currently can't do bc I don't have a valid video editor (the free ones are god awful, I've tried 2 so far). 

 

So, for the millionth time: stop asking me for something that I have no interest in, could put my family at risk, totally fuck up our normal schedule/lives doing, and that the vast majority of my viewership doesn't give two shits about. I'm not a cook, don't want to be one, and don't think it's funny to do stupid joke cooking videos like I did TEN YEARS AGO at this point in my life. Please move on, thanks.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Phil said:

3. Yes, it's a personal risk to live stream (with no opportunity to edit anything out that could be harmful) from anywhere but my office. YOU may not understand why, but I certainly do, and I don't have to elaborate on that, because simply doing so could reveal info and be harmful. If you can't respect that, I can't help you understand.

What?! Everybody know's where you live already. Whats there to show that would be of personal risk to you? You have some brand new appliances and kitchenware you don't want detractors to do a rain-check on lol?

17 minutes ago, Phil said:

4. It would seriously mess with my real-life schedule. At least 4 days a week, my wife goes to work. So I'm going to be messing around in the kitchen all day, screwing with her schedule, just to do a pointless joke of a cooking stream? What if the food comes out awful? Then we have to either cook again, or go buy food, and rush to do so in time so that my wife can still get to work. Or else, I'm doing it on one of Kat's days off, which is just as bad as she deserves to actually relax and not worry about me filming all around the house.

A few hours to cook and film different content is going to ruin your life lol? Phil just admit either you're too lazy to do it or Kat isn't allowing you to do shit in your own house.

14.jpg.0a90fbf966686c68245bf816293bd772.jpg +whipped.png.030a24ca76dcd4c7906e468f7d744b65.png

Some pretty laughable reasons here Phil but I'm sure the fans will understand just like they understand paying a $100 to see you put on a vest for 15 minutes. Hope you have a great stream tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Phil said:

My initial responses: 

1. I have zero interest in cooking. I didn't have interest in cooking when I made POORLY Cooking With the King, either. There is a definitive difference between an intentionally "fucking around" series and something as being suggested here, which is much more serious of an attempt to actually make a meal. Right now, I have interest in doing what I love: gaming and hanging out with a live audience.

It's fine if you admit that you have no interest in it, this thread's attempt was to propose a fun event that you could do or even try out one time, just to see if your audience would like it. Just like a "business experiment" where you risk one day's streaming revenue for the potential of added revenue, variety on your content, and making something that some of your fans would want.

You can think of it as some sort of "DSP Tries It; Nightmare King", when you made it into a video on the kitchen, despite you having an interest in gaming.

12 hours ago, Phil said:

2. It would mean not streaming normally for a day. Which means, lost income, and delaying ongoing playthroughs that are already established. Unless you absolutely guarantee that people are going to contribute, which I don't see, because people tune into my streams to talk with me while I play games. Guess what I can't do when I'm cooking? Either of those things

There is a demand for this content, some people have asked for this. It might mean that your viewers could also enjoy other type of content, but since it was never tried out or openly asked in your chat, your conclusion might be inaccurate. I don't think you have the statistics, but in any case, trying it out could reveal if it's as you think or not.

12 hours ago, Phil said:

3. Yes, it's a personal risk to live stream (with no opportunity to edit anything out that could be harmful) from anywhere but my office. YOU may not understand why, but I certainly do, and I don't have to elaborate on that, because simply doing so could reveal info and be harmful. If you can't respect that, I can't help you understand.

I understand, but I also know that with proper care, the things that you mention can be completely avoided. Although, I can respect your will to protect your family.

12 hours ago, Phil said:

4. It would seriously mess with my real-life schedule. At least 4 days a week, my wife goes to work. So I'm going to be messing around in the kitchen all day, screwing with her schedule, just to do a pointless joke of a cooking stream? What if the food comes out awful? Then we have to either cook again, or go buy food, and rush to do so in time so that my wife can still get to work. Or else, I'm doing it on one of Kat's days off, which is just as bad as she deserves to actually relax and not worry about me filming all around the house.

Didn't thought that if the food comes inedible, it would be a problem, mostly because I've had a similar situation but in the end everything was sorted out, with extreme ease. As for you filming "all around the house", you're just going to be in the kitchen making the dish for you two for a fairly limited amount of time, unless you set it on fire or don't know how to clean, she shouldn't worry too much.

12 hours ago, Phil said:

5. I have nothing to validly stream from outside of the office. My phone isn't great and the quality wouldn't be on par with anything worth doing. If this were a request to record with a camcorder and edit, that would be different; and that would also mean even MORE time, as I'd have to figure out how to edit that footage together before uploading, which I currently can't do bc I don't have a valid video editor (the free ones are god awful, I've tried 2 so far).

Some videos you've made in the kitchen had a decent quality in terms of the equipment used, and I'm not sure who complained about this. The edition might just consist in joining clips together and loop a sound-clip in the background.

For your information, I think there's "DaVinci Resolve", a fine, free video-editor that can do this with the most basic functions. I tried it out, took just a few minutes to figure out the essentials.

12 hours ago, Phil said:

So, for the millionth time: stop asking me for something that I have no interest in, could put my family at risk, totally fuck up our normal schedule/lives doing, and that the vast majority of my viewership doesn't give two shits about. I'm not a cook, don't want to be one, and don't think it's funny to do stupid joke cooking videos like I did TEN YEARS AGO at this point in my life. Please move on, thanks.

I think the reasons you mention here were addressed. And by the way, this has nothing to do with what you did ten years ago, meaning I probably would still have written this just because it seemed like a good idea.


Conclusion: It's fine, it's your content, do whatever you see fit. This thread was to suggest & discuss something fun that your fans would like, or at least some, if not a lot of them.

Edited by MoraMoria

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder why write such an elaborate response when every point can be debunked. Maybe it was just for fun. Maybe too much time spent with people who believe literally everything and question nothing. The last paragraph was the best, it would be enough for a response.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MoraMoria said:

You can think of it as some sort of "DSP Tries It; Nightmare King", when you made it into a video on the kitchen, despite you having an interest in gaming.

"Too much work, puts my family at risk."

1 hour ago, MoraMoria said:

There is a demand for this content, some people have asked for this. It might mean that your viewers could also enjoy other type of content, but since it was never tried out or openly asked in your chat, your conclusion might be inaccurate. I don't think you have the statistics, but in any case, trying it out could reveal if it's as you think or not.

"Alotapeepul have emailed me privately about how disinterested they are with Cooking With The King, everybody else are trolls."

1 hour ago, MoraMoria said:

I understand, but I also know that with proper care, the things that you mention can be completely avoided.

"It can't be avoided, have to spend time with my wife."

1 hour ago, MoraMoria said:

As for you filming "all around the house", you're just going to be in the kitchen making the dish for you two for a fairly limited amount of time, unless you set it on fire or don't know how to clean, she shouldn't worry too much.

"Can't sacrifice the extra water it takes to put out the fire and wash dishes. It will put out me out of business."

1 hour ago, MoraMoria said:

Some videos you've made in the kitchen had a decent quality in terms of the equipment used, and I'm not sure who complained about this. The edition might just consist in joining clips together and loop a sound-clip in the background.

For your information, I think there's "DaVinci Resolve", a fine, free video-editor that can do this with the most basic functions. I tried it out, took just a few minutes to figure out the essentials.

"Now you're telling me to take a day off to film the content and then another day off just to learn the software and make a video? Can't do it. It will ruin my business and my family. Stop trolling or get moderated."

1 hour ago, MoraMoria said:

I think the reasons you mention here were addressed...

Dhc4AxGU8AAtULm.jpg.e427e93d5aabe68c4903d51c265e6b20.jpg

Edited by TrayUpperdeck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Phil said:

1. I have zero interest in cooking. I didn't have interest in cooking when I made POORLY Cooking With the King, either. There is a definitive difference between an intentionally "fucking around" series and something as being suggested here, which is much more serious of an attempt to actually make a meal. Right now, I have interest in doing what I love: gaming and hanging out with a live audience.

Fair enough, this was really all you needed to say, Phil. But you didn't so...

 

17 hours ago, Phil said:

 

2. It would mean not streaming normally for a day. Which means, lost income, and delaying ongoing playthroughs that are already established. Unless you absolutely guarantee that people are going to contribute, which I don't see, because people tune into my streams to talk with me while I play games. Guess what I can't do when I'm cooking? Either of those things.

 

17 hours ago, Phil said:

5. I have nothing to validly stream from outside of the office. My phone isn't great and the quality wouldn't be on par with anything worth doing. If this were a request to record with a camcorder and edit, that would be different; and that would also mean even MORE time, as I'd have to figure out how to edit that footage together before uploading, which I currently can't do bc I don't have a valid video editor (the free ones are god awful, I've tried 2 so far).

Gonna respond to these two at the same time. You could easily stream from you laptop and have the chat up on it at the same time. Stop acting like you need an insanely fast connection and high end hardware to stream. Not being able to play a game is moot because....it would be a cooking stream.

 

17 hours ago, Phil said:

3. Yes, it's a personal risk to live stream (with no opportunity to edit anything out that could be harmful) from anywhere but my office. YOU may not understand why, but I certainly do, and I don't have to elaborate on that, because simply doing so could reveal info and be harmful. If you can't respect that, I can't help you understand.

4. It would seriously mess with my real-life schedule. At least 4 days a week, my wife goes to work. So I'm going to be messing around in the kitchen all day, screwing with her schedule, just to do a pointless joke of a cooking stream? What if the food comes out awful? Then we have to either cook again, or go buy food, and rush to do so in time so that my wife can still get to work. Or else, I'm doing it on one of Kat's days off, which is just as bad as she deserves to actually relax and not worry about me filming all around the house.

No offense Phil, but these just come off as excuses to me. We get it, you don't want to do it. Just leave it at that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why be so mad about it? Phil has people who will believe anything he says, who donate thousands just for a number on screen. The detractors could find out he literally burns the money. And the people are so stupid they wouldn't believe it just because the detractors say it. My point is that he doesn't need to give a fuck what anyone says about him. There's no point to get angry about anyone or make up excuses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...