The King of Hate Forums
Morimoto100

How many tongues (languages) are you proficient in?

English: 5

Spanish: 4 (definitely do not use it as much as English, but I have picked it up at my workplace from my fellow co-workers)

Portuguese: 2 (one of my close friends speaks it and became interested in learning it from him)

Arabic: 2 (many people here use it here, so I have become interested in learning this language)

Japanese: 1 (picked it up briefly, but have not really applied myself to learn the language)

Latin: 4 (don't really speak it but am pretty confident with comprehension)

Ancient Greek: 4 (same as Latin)

​Just wondering, where did you pick up on these languages? It is not every day that I hear about someone knowing Latin and Ancient Greek, so it is quite interesting.

​Just wondering, where did you pick up on these languages? It is not every day that I hear about someone knowing Latin and Ancient Greek, so it is quite interesting.

Latin was actually a main subject at my previous school and I did Ancient Greek in an extra-curricular thing. I enjoyed them both so much that when I came into the school I'm at now, I chose to study them both further.

Latin was actually a main subject at my previous school and I did Ancient Greek in an extra-curricular thing. I enjoyed them both so much that when I came into the school I'm at now, I chose to study them both further.

​Wow, good for you! I was going to study Arabic in my old school, but my schedule simply did not allow for it due to the strict curriculum. They did not offer Korean either, which is what I want to learn. But it is good that you enjoyed them. I feel that having the motivation does wonders in learning the language.

​Wow, good for you! I was going to study Arabic in my old school, but my schedule simply did not allow for it due to the strict curriculum. They did not offer Korean either, which is what I want to learn. But it is good that you enjoyed them. I feel that having the motivation does wonders in learning the language.

​Damn, it's a shame you didn't get the chance to learn the languages you wanted. I hope you manage to find time to take them up sooner or later. And you're absolutely right about motivation. With any language really, motivation is the difference between finding it a chore and always hungering to learn more.

​Damn, it's a shame you didn't get the chance to learn the languages you wanted. I hope you manage to find time to take them up sooner or later. And you're absolutely right about motivation. With any language really, motivation is the difference between finding it a chore and always hungering to learn more.

​Yes, thank you. I hope something opens up in the future. I did start learning Korean on my own for a little bit, but I became too busy with applying for various schools. I do plan to pick it up again once all of this application stress subsides a bit. Something I found out is that I have had a Korean TV channel for a while. I started watching the programs there (thank goodness for English sub) and I feel that that is helping me pick up some Korean. I will probably get back to studying it on my own again once I have more free time.

​Yes, thank you. I hope something opens up in the future. I did start learning Korean on my own for a little bit, but I became too busy with applying for various schools. I do plan to pick it up again once all of this application stress subsides a bit. Something I found out is that I have had a Korean TV channel for a while. I started watching the programs there (thank goodness for English sub) and I feel that that is helping me pick up some Korean. I will probably get back to studying it on my own again once I have more free time.

​Sounds good to me! Obviously stuff like applications should be your priority but it's great that you're already familiarizing yourself with the language. Good luck!

• Upvote 1