The King of Hate Forums

Let's talk about Rage...

Let's talk about Rage...  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm going to be honest, I first found DSP from a video where he was raging at street fighter 4. I found it to be hilarious and searched who he was to find more of this content. I loved whenever he played games like Dark Souls, or Street Fighter or games that made him rage because it was funny. I would listen to hours of the rage asmr whether through tihydps or his regular youtube channel. I don't necessarily think it's a negative thing that he is funny when he rages. It's one of the biggest draws he had as far as content.

But as time has gone by, it seems as though he favors the "chill" content and has been playing easy games, or games on easy or normal modes to prevent rage...Which to be honest, is very boring content-wise. Not everyone who thinks his rage is funny is a detractor! It's called being an entertainer and having an appeal. Putting yourself through trouble for your audience to be entertained is part of the job. When you overcome that trouble, your audience is even more impressed. It just so happens his appeal for me and many others is raging at games. So I am creating this poll to see what draws you to his streams, so maybe he understands his general appeal to his OWN AUDIENCE.

Edited by myfavoritestreamer
  • Upvote 1

It's so irritating how he thinks money is an indicator of whether people like a game or not. Not everything is about money, entertainment is more important, in the end the more value you have as an entertainer you will grow naturally anyways. His main asset is his rage and complaining, it's thoroughly entertaining to watch. It's such a wasted opportunity for him to capitalize on it.

22 minutes ago, babymngaming456 said:

Nearly every chill stream I saw recently gets very low tips until someone desperately tips $50-$90 to stick it to the trolls.

I haven’t been watching his stuff recently so I guess that could be the case. 

Either way I really don’t care about his chill streams nor am I interested in watching him rage at some multiplayer game or whatever. I just want to see him play an interesting game. A game that either has obstacles and challenges for Phil to adapt to or a game that provides fun, varied gameplay to watch.

Most of the games he’s streaming right now is just dull and repetitive.

• Upvote 1

His chill streams focus too much handholding like with Minecraft or Animal Crossing or Skyrim, it feels like he isn't playing the game and it defeats the purpose of watching Phil do Lets play because he isn't experiencing it himself. At least the rage filled streams it's all him outside of fighting games which maybe the netcode is to be blamed. I don't care what his wife did in Animal Crossing, I wanted to see what Phil does in his very 1st game of the series. 

The handholding is a tough watch and I don't bother to even tune in to see a lot of his late night content. 

Edited by Blackspawn89
  • Upvote 1

I actually found out about Phil thought a detractor channel on YouTube (Memology 101) but when I actually watched his full playthroughs and stream I really liked him. Phil has a salt of the earth quality about him. He plays games the way I play games. 

I wonder how may other people have discovered Phil this way? 

21 hours ago, babymngaming456 said:

People who want chill streams are going to stalk every stream to hit the $100 goal to stick it to the trolls. 

These idiots deserve to lose their money, you should donate money if you like to the streamer not to piss of trolls. What a warped reason! I genuinely hope DSP makes as much money from these people.

@FloydMayweather You have to laugh at the guy who will donate Xbox and PS just for an unboxing. They need to know how many cables are in the box, how much styrofoam they used.

What's up with the guy who calls himself whale and simp, donates hundreds to save the goal. He sounds like an obvious troll. At least he's aware. That's more than you can say of the others.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, babymngaming456 said:

@FloydMayweather You have to laugh at the guy who will donate Xbox and PS just for an unboxing. They need to know how many cables are in the box, how much styrofoam they used.

What's up with the guy who calls himself whale and simp, donates hundreds to save the goal. He sounds like an obvious troll. At least he's aware. That's more than you can say of the others.

I gotta admit, the Elgato Stream deck fiasco almost made me die laughing my chair. Some dude donates a piece of hardware to improve the streams  which costs over 100 bucks and sees it being propped up 4 years later still not being used. These guys deserve to lose their money.

Whether DSP intends it or not, this shit is some the best unintentional comedy ever.

Edited by FloydMayweather

My favorite is the green screen one. There might be green screen if the vest streak continues. It's not like there's a green screen in the garage. But the stand is broken. It's not like a new stand costs as much as the vest rack ($25). Why not tape the green screen to the wall like the vest rack?

Edited by babymngaming456
4 hours ago, babymngaming456 said:

My favorite is the green screen one. There might be green screen if the vest streak continues. It's not like there's a green screen in the garage. But the stand is broken. It's not like a new stand costs as much as the vest rack ($25). Why not tape the green screen to the wall like the vest rack?

A lot of this stuff helps improve the stream, I can understand him skipping cooking with the king or whatever. But you'd think green screen and the stream deck would be first priority above all else even the vest. 

Like I've always said you can't really blame him for not doing it. If you're getting a crazy amount of money for really nothing in return other than a vest why bother improving the stream. 

Edited by FloydMayweather
49 minutes ago, nobodycares said:

DSP doesn't care about the quality of his streams, all he cares about is does it get him money.

Just like your name implies. Nobody cares. People watch DSP for drama. Thats it. Just go to any of his streams for the last 30 minutes and you'll see nothing but VEST GOAL!! HAVE WE HIT THE VEST GOAL??? WHO"S GOING TO TIP!?!?! WHALE CALL!?!!? spammed CONSTANTLY towards the end even though spam is supposedly a bannable offense in his stream so DSP can keep giving the same guilt trip story if he doesn't hit the goal. Then donators themselves will pay for this drama because they wait until the last 5 minutes to donate just to hop on Twitter or KiwiFarms and jerk themselves off about how "pissed" they made detractors because he hit the goal. 

Drama, Drama, Drama. Almost never about the game being played. Thats all the streams are, and thats all they will ever be.

Edited by DirtyDaneesh
On 8/16/2020 at 7:55 PM, DirtyDaneesh said:

hop on Twitter or KiwiFarms and jerk themselves off about how "pissed" they made detractors because he hit the goal.

I've still yet to see an example of this, seems like a wish fulfillment fantasy. Why would the vest, considered as a ‘symbol’, have anything to do with detractors one way or the other?

6 minutes ago, Leonard said:

I've still yet to see an example of this, seems like a wish fulfillment fantasy. Why would the vest, considered as a ‘symbol’, have anything to do with detractors one way or the other?

The people who save the goal often say things about sticking it to the trolls. Even Phil said on an unrecorded segment that if we don't hit the goal the trolls will win.

1 minute ago, babymngaming456 said:

The people who save the goal often say things about sticking it to the trolls. Even Phil said on an unrecorded segment that if we don't hit the goal the trolls will win.

I must be missing something in the lore of the vest, did he steal it from a detractor and now displays it like Don Trump Jr.'s stuffed gorilla head? What is the actual connection between the vest and the trolls?

There was a touching moment on Monday night's stream, when OnlyIcedCoffee's tip message included the phrase ‘now comes the part where we throw our heads back and laugh’, which reminded DSP of a meme he saw somewhere (as it turns out, the same meme he read in the tip message one second earlier), and he repeated the line in a racist African voice. Why not make a video of screencaps of twitter and kiwi farms posts of detractor RAGE at the vest? So we can share in the humor. Maybe even include that clip from George of the Jungle, where the African guys are like, ‘now comes the part where we throw our heads back and laugh, ready? Ready! HAAAHAHAHA!’ Ever seen that?