The King of Hate Forums

Upcoming Gaming Marathon Poll! Vote Now!

Gaming Marathon Poll: Fall 2020  

122 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Vote NOW on the particular type of gaming marathon you'd like to see during a special stream in September! NOTE: You can only vote ONCE, and once we determine the type of stream, then there will be another thread for game nominations!

Good luck!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
50 minutes ago, myfavoritestreamer said:

For rage games I nominate Shadow the Hedgehog or Sonic Heroes

Shadow's not that bad but I second this as a game to play regardless.

• Upvote 1
37 minutes ago, Another_Derich said:

the rage games are still ahead in the poll.

The "rage" games category doesn't make sense, it could be anything, don't you think? But he has to be invested into it, and want to do good but then fail repeatedly in order to rage, otherwise he'll just get bored. Example that didn't achieve anything: Blasphemous.

This is why at this point I would only care about games that he would actually enjoy. Watching someone frustrated with the same level, over & over is not my cup of tea anyways.

Edited by MoraMoria
1 hour ago, MoraMoria said:

The "rage" games category doesn't make sense, it could be anything, don't you think?

That is exactly what the rage-a-thon was before and I expect it will be like that again. There were some games that were meant to annoy him and some that were just regular games for him. There are only so many things that are guaranteed to make him rage. I expect some of those to show up, maybe some games people wanted to see him play for a long time, or something between those.

Edited by Another_Derich
2 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

The "rage" games category doesn't make sense, it could be anything, don't you think?

We had this conversation the last rageathon. That the idea is flawed. He never rages, even though it's games he would rage hard if they were a normal playthrough. So the best solution is just to nominate games you want to see in general. But then you have a wave of utter idiots who complain that people didn't nominate games that make him rage.

• people nominate 'rage inducing games' - he doesn't rage anyway - people complain it's boring (the games suck)
  • people nominate good games instead - idiots complain they are not 'rage inducing games'

The best option is to re-brand it and drop the rage name. Those 'rage inducing games' are usually boring. So it's not exactly a good premise.

Yeah, so the "rage" category doesn't achieve the purpose anyways, and this is just a normal "Viewer's Choice". The poll should've been to establish a motif, like horror-games, multiplayers, retro, etc.

As long as the specifications on what games are allowed or not are clear, that's all this event should be, in my opinion.

• Upvote 1
  • Phil locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic