The King of Hate Forums

Upcoming Gaming Marathon Poll! Vote Now!

Gaming Marathon Poll: Fall 2020  

122 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 hours ago, EternalNapalm said:

For a Rage-a-Thon, I'm going to nominate:

-The Elder Scrolls Online 

Why is that? I get the notion that it'd be like WoW all over again but ESO doesn't work the same way. In ESO, as long as you do some damage (10% I believe) to a mob, you get full credit, or at least quest credit. Also, mobs scale with level so a level 1 mob to his level 1 character will be level 50 to a level 50 character, taking them longer to kill it. Any trolls killing quest mobs would probably HELP him in ESO.

6 hours ago, VertigoTeaparty said:

Why is that? I get the notion that it'd be like WoW all over again but ESO doesn't work the same way. In ESO, as long as you do some damage (10% I believe) to a mob, you get full credit, or at least quest credit. Also, mobs scale with level so a level 1 mob to his level 1 character will be level 50 to a level 50 character, taking them longer to kill it. Any trolls killing quest mobs would probably HELP him in ESO.

I want him to check it out because it's a fun game and golf. This is the only way he can try it lol.

Edited by EternalNapalm
11 minutes ago, VertigoTeaparty said:

Just seemed an odd choice for a Rage-a-thon. 

https://thekingofhate.com/forums/topic/5359-upcoming-gaming-marathon-poll-vote-now/?do=findComment&comment=126410

3 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

Is anyone going to nominate SFV, or is it not allowed?

That and Cove Vein should be on the poll by default. Those games cause some major salt just from thinking about playing them. That's why they might be banned. As with MMOs.

It's not going to make him rage anyways, because he dislikes it so much, (I guess it just disappoints him). If he enjoyed the game, I'd nominate it, but it just makes him wish he was playing something else, and that's no fun.

Timestamps of interest:

0:08

46:21

50:36

Edited by MoraMoria

Mortal Shell might be a good choice. It's a decent game and also a soulslike. It's easy if you use its basic mechanics (just like Dark Souls). It will destroy you if you try to facetank. Guess what he likes to do.

4 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

but it just makes him wish he was playing something else, and that's no fun.

Just like WOW, he might play it as boring as possible to stick it to the people that nominated it.

5 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

It's not going to make him rage anyways

That's a given for every game. It's more about the salt, having to play a game he hates. TLOU2 would be a perfect contender.

18 minutes ago, babymngaming456 said:

It's more about the salt, having to play a game he hates. TLOU2 would be a perfect contender.

Is that it? To just mildly annoy him while he gets bored?

That's a waste of everyone's time, if that's the case.

27 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

Is that it? To just mildly annoy him while he gets bored?

That's a waste of everyone's time, if that's the case.

Thats the nature of a rage-a-thon. Actual rage only really happens in a sustained playthrough where time and energy is invested. In short bursts like a marathon of games, the best you'll get is salt and annoyance. The possibly shortest path to rage is something like that Street Fighter game on Switch where in some of the matches and sessions he became so incensed that he'd yell at and berate viewers and there tons of time outs and bans. That was rage.

This event should essentially actually be treated as Viewers Choice because that is the best that can be hoped for. And maybe one of those games will turn into a full playthrough. Personally, I'm okay with getting him to do MP games which itself seems like it could have been a different event but would also work here.

• Upvote 1
37 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

To just mildly annoy him while he gets bored?

That's the most rage you'll get out of the event.

38 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

That's a waste of everyone's time

What isn't? Did you see recent playthroughs? It's just constant grinding and stalling.

1 hour ago, MoraMoria said:

If he enjoyed the game

What game did he genuinely enjoy in the last years?

Ghost of Tsushima? Mostly for the wrong reasons. Because he hates TLOU2.

Fall Guys? It's a cartoony game for cartoon characters to attract children. But it's not Fortnite. And It doesn't require any skill, unlike Fortnite.

8 minutes ago, Another_Derich said:

And maybe one of those games will turn into a full playthrough.

No chance.

9 minutes ago, Another_Derich said:

Personally, I'm okay with getting him to do MP games

Yes. MP games are the closet thing to a rageathon. And souls clones, waifu games.

39 minutes ago, Another_Derich said:

Thats the nature of a rage-a-thon.

I'm curious about your opinion, if you want to answer: excluding all Street Fighter gameplay, have you ever had fun during a "Rage-a-Thon"?

Thank you in advance.

STALKER and Blasphemous were great rageathon games. Even though they were nominated for Halloween. Bloodstained was nice too, he wanted to go back to it, one day. I like how he shits on Blasphemous for being like Dark Souls, when it plays similar to Megaman, a series he likes.

Edited by babymngaming456
25 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

I'm curious about your opinion, if you want to answer: excluding all Street Fighter gameplay, have you ever had fun during a "Rage-a-Thon"?

Thank you in advance.

During a rage-a-thon? No. Those aren't even really memorable for me. I can't accurately tell you what games have been played during them. Once I think there was a game with some dude on a motorcycle that was supposed to suck but he liked it? Some stupid cartoon-y looking mobile game? Scarface might have been a rage-a-thon game but that playthrough stopped being interesting pretty fast.

I think most of the special events recently aren't fun for viewers. The best chance at that is viewers choice which is another reason I think people should consider this event as a viewer's choice instead.

5 hours ago, babymngaming456 said:

TLOU2 would be a perfect contender.

I'm not sure about that. He was reading things about TLOU2 ahead of time and already floated the idea of deleting the playthrough, making really odd and stupid remarks that were a complete jump in reasoning, and seemed dedicated to disliking it pretty early. He already nitpicks and complains about things nonsensically for games but that was way too heavy handed and awkward acting and performative outrage. TLOU2 in a rage-a-thon would just be more of the same predictable reactions that made the first playthrough boring as hell. Not to mention how often he has brought it up so long after he completed the game to make the same exact commentary he made several times before.

• Phil locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic