The King of Hate Forums

I personally wouldn't care about extensions for making animated emotes across the screen, or sound alerts, (these last ones can be bothersome), although this is just my opinion.

However the extension for manipulating in-game events is pretty cool. It's a perfect design & idea for Twitch, where the appeal is about interacting live with the streamer and make unique playthroughs because of it. It also encourages people to use bits, but this time for a better reward.

If I'm not mistaken those "coins" are purchased as x1.1 for the amount of bits you use, (if I read it correctly, more or less), and the basic ones range from ≈25 to 200, but maybe you can change the settings for that. I think it's an ideal feature for live-streaming platforms in general.

Although, there might be a downside for him, in terms of revenue gained. According to the FAQ, «https://crowdcontrol.live/faq», whenever users exchange bits for coins, the standard is that 20% goes to the developers:

WhoBits.thumb.png.7e6dfe35e5c385e600e74f43c697a204.png

It's obviously not a problem if the feature encourages people to use more coins, and outweighs them just using bits for cheering. But Phil also talks about tips being "better" because they don't take as long to get.

Here is the current official exchange rate:

BitsExchange.thumb.png.955f4a8572f662ddabe53b6390376e02.png

And the current supported games:

Supported.thumb.png.a3b1ee99d0ecfa89b67494d00546b77b.png

I still think that's a great idea for making streams more fun.

Although, I don't think this works with some of the games in other platforms.

If you go to the website, and see the "Supported Games", there is a guide that tells you how to set it up, however for "Dark Souls" and "Minecraft", (others as well), it needs to be on PC.

1 hour ago, babymngaming456 said:

It's all PC (emulators). You can buy PC games cheap from key re-seller sites

What about Minecraft? Can he use his saved world for the feature?

And will it destroy it permanently, or does it have save-states, (because of people spawning the blow-up enemies near Papavera's bird)? Sad.gif.4eabdf4a7c76eef0336b5716a442930f.gif

On 9/4/2020 at 11:45 PM, GuessWhat said:

Yea, that should be a new event he implements if a goal is reached.

The Crowd Control event.

He could even have like a Marathon dedicated for these games, and it would be a novelty.

And about the 20%-cut that goes to the developers, it wouldn't be an issue since it's a special event after reaching the Goal.

50 minutes ago, FloydMayweather said:

Thats all you needed to say homie, then there is NO chance of this is happening.

Reminder this guy is about to play Tony Hawk with the music off because he doesn't want to loose the $3 he'll make in ads on Youtube. He's ruining an entire playthrough 

over $3.

Edited by TheSkyTruth
  • Like 1

Watching the 1st Demon's Souls playthrough. It's "Chat, what do I do?" every 10 seconds. It should be called chat plays Demon's Souls.

So if you want to see this extension in action, just watch a Souls game playthrough. :smile:

You'll see a similar extension in action during the Demon's Souls remake. It's called Twitch TV Chat.

8 hours ago, FloydMayweather said:

Thats why he'll never go the extra mile, even if its a couple of steps.

I asked him on stream to add a .gif image as a BTTV emote so that the chat could use it, (the emote was already made and ready to go), but he refused, mainly because apparently only ≈5% of the chat uses, or even knows about BTTV. So the effort to possibly satisfy that % of people is not worth the trouble.

Do you know how to upload a BTTV emote? You log in, and you click "upload", it takes less than a minute. You can even add it as a "share emote", so someone else can upload it in their channel, then you can just add it to yours by simply searching for its name. I think this method can take less than 20 seconds.

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

I think this method can take less than 20 seconds.

That long? What's wrong with you? :biggrin:

26 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

as a BTTV emote

Free emotes, who wants that?

26 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

I asked him on stream to add a .gif image

Tell him to make it a cheermote.

https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/partner-cheermote-guide?language=en_US

Something like this will almost never happen without tons of goading and hand-holding.

It takes time to understand it, takes time to set it up, and it engages the audience. That is like a holy trinity of qualities for an idea/improvement to be rejected.

2 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

I asked him on stream to add a .gif image as a BTTV emote so that the chat could use it, (the emote was already made and ready to go), but he refused, mainly because apparently only ≈5% of the chat uses, or even knows about BTTV. So the effort to possibly satisfy that % of people is not worth the trouble.

Do you know how to upload a BTTV emote? You log in, and you click "upload", it takes less than a minute. You can even add it as a "share emote", so someone else can upload it in their channel, then you can just add it to yours by simply searching for its name. I think this method can take less than 20 seconds.

@FloydMayweatherwas right when he said minimal effort with maximum gains. Ignoring the random percentage that sounds like its pulled out of someone's ass, there is no reason not to make such a quick and easy improvement even if it was only for 5% of people. @MoraMoria do you think he might have been more inclined to listen to your suggestion if it carried some monetary reward in the long run should he choose to do it? Or do you think it is just indolence?

1 hour ago, babymngaming456 said:

Tell him to make it a cheermote.

What I like about the cheermotes is that Stream Labs just shows a broken image for the cheers when they show on stream. That broken JPG icon is just great to see each time.