The King of Hate Forums

Halloween 2020 Gaming Marathon Nominations Thread!

3 hours ago, voorhees said:

I went through the thread again. A bunch of people who nominated Street Fighter V also nominated Ultra Street Fighter II. I'M SURE they're not expecting you to play both, so they were probably being thoughtful and nominated another Street Fighter in case you didn't want to play 5 again.

Correct, that's why I included other fighting games in my nomination, not just SFV. I have no idea why he got so triggered when he saw the games with the most votes.Ultra Street Fighter 2 is not far behind in voting than SFV. And he has not played it in awhile now (this is the version with Akuma/Evil Ryu/Ken) available on the character select screen, not the same as SF 30th collection)

23 minutes ago, CarltonJunior said:

For the sake of logistics I want to remove Danganronpa V3 from my nomination so Ultra Despair Girls can get a look. It fits the marathon better than V3.

Nah you probably don't need to do that. Nobody voting for 2 games from the same series are demanding him to play both, just one would be nice. Whether he'll actually do that though.... who knows :wink:

Edited by kopitar123
  • Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls Street Fighter V FNAF: Sister Location Super Meat Boy Sonic.exe Ultra Street Fighter 2

I updated the tally, (click image to expand, or see: Text Format below): Criteria: The games with "⊕:" between parenthesis, means someone added a stipulation, but not everyone who n

There's several opinions across this thread, so who/what is Jack disgusted about, if I may ask? I think that having a conversation about it respectfully, and seeing his point of view would be mor

Posted Images

I thought playing SF5 is a tradition.

5 hours ago, voorhees said:

No Phil. The "idiot" is the one who can't even be fucking bothered to type into Google

You have no idea how true this is.

4 hours ago, ohshoes said:

why would you call fans idiots

You don't want to know.

So he's just going to flat-out ignore all the top nominations and use his "judgement" to pick games, games that likely will have minimal/no nominations and little interest. Haha. I can't possibly see how that idea could fall flat on its face /s

He has no problem shitting on fans who made those nominations, while he simultaneously fabricates nonsense excuses to not play certain games that followed his own (original) criteria. He did this with Mortal Shell, Blasphemous, and Mortal Kombat 11 before, and now he is doing it with Street Fighter and Ultra Despair Girls (he blatantly lied on the October 3rd prestream about how long the game was. He had no idea how long the game actually was, he just assumed it would be like other Danganronpa games. He just inadvertently proved our nominations aren't even worth the scrutiny of a quick google search in his mind.)

Moramoria took time out of their day to make those gigantic tallies (you know, the thing that indicates the amount of interest fans have in certain games), and now he's just going to pick whatever game he wants for the marathon??? So much for "games that YOU want to see!" You should update that Nightbot command to "Games that DSP and two or three other people want to see will be played during the Halloween marathon event! They do not all have to be horror games (but if people dare to nominate a non-horror game, I will scoff at their nominations the next day on the pre-stream! :sad:) Good luck! Oh and maybe let's throw in one game only Phil wants to play, that no one else asked for!"  (He actually suggested doing this, see the bottom of this post for the reference. His full comment is on the 4th page of this thread)

And just so you know Phil, we all understand that a game being in the top 6 is not some magical guarantee it will be played. NO ONE HERE IS SAYING THAT. We're not braindead, yet you talk about us on your stream as if we are (I'm referring to what you said on the pre-stream Saturday when discussing the Halloween Marathon, not just specifically what voorhees quoted). You do realize we actually expect you to give us a legitimate reason for not playing a game that had tons of interest (and fit your criteria too)? Stop feeding us made up nonsense (like lying about Ultra Despair Girls' total playtime) or pulling out some hidden rule that you never stated originally. And next time, please state all the rules on the FIRST POST of the thread. Don't expect people to watch every single one of your pre-streams and past Halloween marathons. It's not rocket science... You know there are these things called "new viewers" and "casual viewers", right? Not everyone is watching every stream constantly, so of course they won't know about these rules if you don't state them in the nominations thread. This should be common sense. As Joe Biden would say, "C'mon man!"

Reference= 

So I'll just ignore those nonsensical nominations and use what's left as a guideline of what people would want to see, and maybe add in something of my own as well.

Edited by kopi11
added some extra details
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, kopi11 said:

games that DSP and two or three other people want to see!

Now you are getting it.

You know there are these things called "new viewers" and "casual viewers", right? Not everyone is watching every stream constantly

Sounds like they are not true believers. :dry:

They do not all have to be horror games (but if people dare to nominate a non-horror game, I will scoff at their nominations the next day on the pre-stream!

You forgot "and call them idiots". :biggrin:

We're not braindead, yet you talk about us on your stream as if we are

I can't blame him for assuming that from the people who are usually active on the streams and on his Twitter.

Edited by babymngaming456
5 minutes ago, EternalNapalm said:

"Cringe and facepalm."

I agree, Phil. I agree. 

Lolol fucking Danganranpa. 

I am so curious to know what you agree with him on. Even if you don't like Danganronpa Ultra Despair Girls, or you think it was inappropriate to nominate, that is completely irrelevant to him lying on his pre-stream about how long the game was and insulting people for nominating it (and Street Fighter).  And I feel like my other criticisms speak for itself

4 hours ago, kopi11 said:

And next time, please state all the rules on the FIRST POST of the thread. Don't expect people to watch every single one of your pre-streams and past Halloween marathons. It's not rocket science... You know there are these things called "new viewers" and "casual viewers", right? Not everyone is watching every stream constantly, so of course they won't know about these rules if you don't state them in the nominations thread. 

Not sure anyone can disagree with this. This whole situation could have easily been avoided. Don't have hidden rules/add rules that you previously did not state

19 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

What is there to add? The fact is that the games Phil is dismissing in his comment, (and Prestream), are clearly valid & eligible, according to the rules he posted himself in this thread. I raised the objection on stream, but it was ignored.

Even if he wants to argue that he told in the past that he wouldn't play a "Danganronpa" game for a Marathon, that is not a condition in the OP, and it's not like everyone should know what he explained in a random Prestream.

It's very simple, someone comes in, reads the rules, then nominates, but that's not what's happening here because this is actually a "Suggestions-thread" at best.

You're fighting the good fight MoraMoria, but Phil does what Phil wants. Why the fuck he's so insistent on adding rules that he doesn't follow is beyond me. Actually I do know, because he makes money regardless of these actions. 

Edited by FloydMayweather
  • Like 1

So let's sum this up.

Street Fighter

- He states that: "Horror games are welcome, but not every game has to be a horror game to be considered"

- People nominate Street Fighter V, and some even include USF2

- WHY! I JUST PLAYED IT!

-> There was no rule that we couldn't nominate a game you played already. And if you didn't like it, there's USF2 in the top voting. Regardless, this makes no sense anyways. Yeah you played it a couple weeks ago.. for 90 minutes, in how long? It's surprising to you that the people who liked it want you to play it more regularly?

- Additionally, he already owns both Street Fighter games, so he doesn't have to pay any money for either one

-WHY WOULD I PLAY SFV FOR HALLOWEEN?

-> You said games didn't have to be horror related

-IT DIDN'T CAUSE RAGE AT ALL

-> That's debatable, but besides, this is not a rageathon. Not sure why you keep repeating this over and over on stream when it has nothing to do with a Halloween marathon

Danganronpa

- People nominate 2 Danganronpa games, which technically do have some horror in it

- People have been wanting him to play Danganronpa games for years now. He has also stated repeatedly on stream that games he plays in a marathon can become full playthroughs

- He is shocked that people would nominate a horror style game for a HALLOWEEN marathon, calls/insinuates they are idiots, despite:

-> He put no restrictions on time limits for games in the original post (and the time limit would probably only affect V3 anyways)

- Then he goes on stream claiming both V3 and Despair girls are 40+ hour long RPGS, even though one is a third person shooter that takes almost half the amount of time to complete

-> No idea how he could have made this mistake. Either he doesn't care, or he forgot how to use a web browser?

• Like 1

Didn't nominate Ultra Despair Girls but I have to wonder who lied and told him about the obvious third person shooter being an "40 hour RPG", I'd say it has "faster" pacing than most horror games. V3 is a shitshow waiting to happen though by comparison. Edit: I knew something like this would happen which is why all my games are relatively cheap, but if wants to go even lower with FMV and indie trash like Five Nights at Freddy's then he sure shut me up, I guess it'll be dull like the rage-a-thon. Can you even legally buy Zombies Ate My Neighbors anymore lol?

Edited by RKX
21 hours ago, babymngaming456 said:

This looks so terrible. No wonder the kids nominate it. Why do people want VNs? It's just going to be text to speech. There's nothing interesting about a VN playthrough.

I've played all of these, this unlike the others in the series is not a visual novels but rather a pseudo dungeon crawler in the lure of Danganronpa. Anyway, people like the craziness and like the over the top Japan esque mentions. Not everything has to be PEW PEW PEW PEW CALL OF DUTY. 

Updated tally until now, (click image to expand, or see: Text Format below):

TallyEXY.thumb.png.025a349b60465bfb894e69f9a27fdc42.png

Criteria:

• The games with "⊕:" between parenthesis, means someone added a stipulation, but not everyone who nominated it.
  • I counted as nominations when people answer to others with: "cool/nice one/I agree/would be amazing to see/similar".
  • Didn't add: "Online/MP" next to fighting games titles because it's assumed people want online.
  • "Amnesia" mentions were treated as "Amnesia: The Dark Descent".
  • Non-specified mentions of "Evil Dead (PS2)" were treated as both: "Evil Dead: A Fistful of Boomstick" & "Evil Dead: Regeneration".
  • KGhaleon's nomination was confirmed to go to: "Amnesia: Rebirth", (the new game).

Text Format:

Spoiler

12    Street Fighter V
8    Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony
8    Ultra Street Fighter II
7    Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls
7    Among Us (⊕: with fans)
5    Crysis (Remastered)

4    Dino Crisis
4    Zombies Ate My Neighbors
3    Super Meat Boy
3    Five Nights at Freddy's: Sister Location
3    Mortal Kombat 11
3    Dead or Alive Xtreme 3
3    Carrion
3    WWE 2K Battlegrounds (⊕: MP)
3    Manhunt
3    Condemned: Criminal Origins (Continuation)
3    Resident Evil 3 (Multiplayer: Mastermind)
3    Mortal Shell
3    Blasphemous

2    Risk of Rain
2    Double Switch - 25th Anniversary Edition
2    Lisa: The Painful
2    Dead Rising (1)
2    Sonic.exe
2    Luigi's Mansion 1 (⊕: GameCube)
2    Shadow Warrior (2013)
2    EA Sports UFC 3 (Multiplayer)
2    Costume Quest (1)
2    Amnesia: The Dark Descent*
2    Pony Island
2    Scream Fortress 2
2    S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
2    NHL 20
2    Twisted Metal: Black
2    Manhunt 2
2    The Binding of Isaac
2    Classic DOOM 1 (⊕: Nightmare)
2    Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite
2    Hollow Knight
2    DOOM Eternal (⊕: MP; Nightmare Mode)
2    Evil Dead: Regeneration
2    Evil Dead: A Fistful of Boomstick
2    Amnesia: Rebirth (New Game)
2    Grabbed by the Ghoulies (⊕: Rare Replay)
2    F.E.A.R.
1    Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
1    Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition
1    A Nightmare on Elm Street (NES)
1    Batman: Arkham City (Challenge maps)
1    Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout (Dressed in Halloween colours)
1    Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories
1    Aliens Versus Predator Classic 2000
1    BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend
1    BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend
1    Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection
1    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019; MP)
1    Call of Duty: Black Ops III - Zombies Chronicles
1    The Dark Pictures Anthology: Little Hope
1    Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Pacifist)
1    Remothered: Tormented Fathers
1    Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning
1    Corpse Killer - 25th Anniversary Edition
1    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
1    Soma
1    Night in the Woods
1    OneShot
1    Among the Sleep
1    Katana Zero
1    Anodyne
1    The Thing
1    Jak II
1    Alan Wake
1    Maximo: Ghosts to Glory
1    Skate 3
1    Chaos;Child
1    Fatal Frame II
1    Fatal Frame III
1    Ultimate Custom Night
1    Costume Quest 2
1    Paranormal HK
1    Overwatch
1    Super Mario Bros. 35
1    Star Wars Battlefront II (MP)
1    The Darkness (1)
1    Killer7
1    Far Cry (1)
1    Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
1    WWE 2K20
1    Left 4 Dead 2
1    Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy)
1    Friday the 13th (PS4)
1    Outlast
1    Erica
1    Condemned 2: Bloodshot
1    Onimusha: Warlords
1    Divinity: Original Sin II
1    The Forest
1    Little Nightmares
1    Detention
1    Doom 3 (PS4)
1    Ninja Gaiden Black
1    Friday the 13th (NES)
1    Devil May Cry 2
1    Silent Hill 2 (Hard)
1    Silent Hill 3 (Hard)
1    Enter the Gungeon
1    Tony Hawk's Underground
1    Homefront: The Revolution
1    BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger

Here are the clips of him insulting people, as well saying it was a 40+ hour game. Sorry for interrupting the nominations, posting this so he can't claim that he never said that.

40+ hour playthrough:

insulting people:

more insults:

This next clip is hilarious. He explains all these conditions that weren't in his original post. Also says it's a 40+ hour game again. And how would people know all this criteria if you don't explain it in OP? Also there may be people who missed this prestream and will continue to nominate rule-breaking games since they're reading the original post only or maybe they only watch youtube gameplay videos, or one or two streams a week? :

Insults people for not having logical thought in next clip. Says the guy who won't even search up the games people nominated to make sure he's not making blind assumptions.

Lastly, here is the clip of how he reacted when people questioned his rageathon decisions (I already posted this, just mentioning it again to show how he mischaracterizes people when they go against him):

On 10/5/2020 at 6:51 AM, Blackspawn89 said:

I've played all of these, this unlike the others in the series is not a visual novels but rather a pseudo dungeon crawler in the lure of Danganronpa. Anyway, people like the craziness and like the over the top Japan esque mentions. Not everything has to be PEW PEW PEW PEW CALL OF DUTY. 

Let's be fair, at least babymn looked the game up before giving an opinion. That's more than what Phil did.

• Upvote 1

Phil said that all nominations were welcome, but in no way, shape or form did he say that the one with the most votes or nominations would be played. He said to post up ideas. 

I for one am grateful that he is making an Exective Decision and not playing fucking Danganranpa. Thank God. 

5 hours ago, EternalNapalm said:

Phil said that all nominations were welcome,

They are not, though, even the ones that are compliant with the rules, or in this case, "guidelines".

This could have been easily avoided since the first post, by having specific rules that make it clear what is and isn't eligible. But that's not what happened.

• Phil locked this topic
  • Phil unpinned this topic