The King of Hate Forums

Halloween 2020 Gaming Marathon Nominations Thread!

56 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

This could have been easily avoided since the first post, by having specific rules that make it clear what is and isn't eligible. But that's not what happened.

And that is also an issue that has plagued nomination threads for a very long time where rules are not specific enough and there are not enough given. So there are surprise exclusions or disqualifications that people were not expecting.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Crysis Remastered Street Fighter V Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite RE3 Mastermind Blasphemous Ultra Street Fighter 2   EDIT: WWE 2K BATTLEGROUNDS

I updated the tally, (click image to expand, or see: Text Format below): Criteria: The games with "⊕:" between parenthesis, means someone added a stipulation, but not everyone who n

Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls Street Fighter V FNAF: Sister Location Super Meat Boy Sonic.exe Ultra Street Fighter 2

Posted Images

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

It's a great horror PC RPG to play on Halloween and the sequel is coming out on consoles next year, so it could be a good way to introduce yourself to the series if you want to play the sequel next year on PS5 or Xbox. I know RPGs aren't the greatest for a marathon but you have time to see a lot of cool stuff if you skip the tutorial at the beginning, the best part of the game is in the beginning anyway.

• Upvote 2
51 minutes ago, Blk_Mage_Ctype said:

Jack wanted to vote himself, but he took one look at this toxic shitshow of a thread and abruptly left in disgust without posting.

There's several opinions across this thread, so who/what is Jack disgusted about, if I may ask?

I think that having a conversation about it respectfully, and seeing his point of view would be more constructive, and the first step to turn "toxicity" into something actually worthwhile.

• Upvote 3
9 hours ago, SmashingG said:

It's a great horror PC RPG to play on Halloween and the sequel is coming out on consoles next year, so it could be a good way to introduce yourself to the series if you want to play the sequel next year on PS5 or Xbox. I know RPGs aren't the greatest for a marathon but you have time to see a lot of cool stuff if you skip the tutorial at the beginning, the best part of the game is in the beginning anyway.

Whoa great choice! This is a fantastic game, and I'd love to see what'll happen if Phil tries to play it.

I agree It'd be much better for a full playthrough but I'll go ahead and nominate it as well, just in case. How did I miss this??

Edited by CoobieContract
21 hours ago, EternalNapalm said:

Phil said that all nominations were welcome

:laugh: If you want to believe that dude, then you really should probably tell Phil to stop mocking people for nominating certain games. Especially when they followed his original criteria

in no way, shape or form did he say that the one with the most votes or nominations would be played

Did you read the previous posts? We know this already. The point is, if a game gets a lot of nominations, maybe, just maybe, he should at least give it some consideration? Crazy idea, right? If he chooses not to play it, but spent some time discussing some good reasons why he can't on pre-stream, most people wouldn't have a problem. All we're asking is that he actually gives a legitimate reason for not playing something tons of people wanted. Instead of saying a game is 40 hours long when it isn't, or pulling out rules that didn't exist before. If he's pulling this stuff with a game you don't like, what makes you think he won't do it again in the future with a game you nominate? 

I for one am grateful that he is making an Exective Decision and not playing fucking Danganranpa. Thank God. 

I'm gonna quote you on this one: "Cringe and facepalm."

I'll repeat what I said to you before. Even if you don't like this game, can you at least acknowledge that he shouldn't be insulting people for nominating games since not everyone has time to watch every single stream and past events to know his unwritten criteria? As for his "Exective Decision", sorry I have no faith in Phil making executive decisions when he doesn't even care to look a game up before saying it takes 40 hours to complete. Plus some of the decisions he made during the rageathon were a bit questionable, to say the least.

15 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

This could have been easily avoided since the first post, by having specific rules that make it clear what is and isn't eligible. But that's not what happened.

Yeah, and additionally, if he's going to insist that he doesn't care about the tally and didn't use it that way in past events, I mean he's free to do that but I am extremely skeptical of this. Do you guys think if Street Fighter V got 2 or 3 nominations in the rageathon thread, he would have played it? No way. In my opinion, it's obvious he was factoring total nominations in previous decisions(obviously, since this gives a "general" indication of fan interest). But whenever people get annoyed with his picks, he'll just deploy the "I never said I was using the tally numbers" to avoid any criticism.

He's basically using it as a strawman to shut down everyone's arguments when he makes the final decisions.

People will say things like: "this game got tons of nomination and fit your criteria, but you chose another game instead with less interest or is less fitting for the event"

But when he talks about peoples reasons for not liking his choices, he will just act as if their only argument was the total nominations being higher.  As if it had nothing to do with them questioning his reasoning for not picking a game with high interest that fit the criteria and went with a different, lower interest or less fitting game instead

And that is also an issue that has plagued nomination threads for a very long time where rules are not specific enough and there are not enough given. So there are surprise exclusions or disqualifications that people were not expecting. (Another_Derich)

"Rules not being specific enough" is very convenient to him, think about it. If rules were more specific, people could point to specific rules and say "look, this game doesn't break any nominations rules, and you say it's a bad choice". It would be completely indisputable. But with the way it works now, he can just mock people and say they should have known better or have common sense. I guess the "common sense" would have to be acquired by watching every single pre-stream and past event constantly so you would know the rules not in the OP?

Yeah you played it a couple weeks ago.. for 90 minutes, in how long? It's surprising to you that the people who liked it want you to play it more regularly? (alexdr32)

Seriously, you'd think people were asking him to drop every game and just play Street Fighter V the way he talks about it. And people even ask him to play the game outside of these events too. I've heard  people asking him during the throwback street fighter streams to consider playing Street Fighter V or IV instead of anniversary collection. Since he refuses, they have to wait for marathon events to see him play it

I think that having a conversation about it respectfully, and seeing his point of view would be more constructive, and the first step to turn "toxicity" into something actually worthwhile. (MoraMoria)

Sure, here are my suggestions for DSP in the future:

• Phil needs to write out all rules in first post for casual viewers. 
  • Be specific, and don't go back on your word!
  • Don't make assumptions about games without any scrutiny
  • Stop mocking people posting up nominations that literally fit your criteria. I'm not sure why he thinks this is funny, it just makes him look like a complete bonehead. Especially when it's in the context of him saying something blatantly false about a game that could have been easily verified with a quick google search
  • I recommend you consider the numbers in the tally at least somewhat. Like if tons of people nominate a certain game, and it fits the criteria, then you should give it a fair consideration. Flat-out ignoring all the numbers is extremely dumb, unless you want the marathon to be a snooze fest of games that only 2 or 3 people were interested in 
  • And if there's some underlying reason why you don't want to play a game in the top voting, despite it fitting the criteria, then you can explain why on stream or forums in an intelligent manner. I'll give you some hints though. Refrain from insulting people, and maybe do 10 seconds of research before you say something completely incorrect about a game fans expressed interest in.

Thanks!

Edited by kopi11
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, babymngaming456 said:

I looked it up, here's the main reason the games are out of question.

Danganronpa Ultra Despair Girls - $30

Danganronpa V3 - $40

@kopi11 @alexdr32 Don't get too invested into it. Else you would have to write a wall of text after every prestream.

Edit: On the first page, it says: No full priced $60 games, please! He should change that to: Games less than 30$ please!  If price is the issue : )

Original Response: Sure I know, but it doesn't change any of the criticisms(plus price wasn't relevant in the case of Street Fighter). And I could be wrong, but I don't remember him mentioning the price of Danganronpa on that pre stream where he was insulting people. Ultra Despair Girls was only $15 before, I guess they changed the price back now.

But I didn't type that giant wall of text above to try and convince him to buy those games, the reason I typed it was to give some constructive criticism of the marathon events. If he wants to pick games that only two or three people nominated, by all means!  :laugh: We'll let Phillip showcase his impeccable judgement :laugh::laugh:

Edited by kopi11
1 hour ago, babymngaming456 said:

Don't get too invested into it. Else you would have to write a wall of text after every prestream.

It's okay. The thing that annoyed me was how he talks down to people for something that was completely in his control. He was the who changed the rules, and then he says people don't have logical thought for not knowing something he didn't mention. Like seriously ?

19 hours ago, SmashingG said:

Will 2nd this. Not sure if it's best to do 1 hour only of it but a very good suggestion. PC only though.

And it's on Phil here 1000%. People vote visual novels, Strategy JRPG's and SFV because they know there is no other way you would play these unless they are voted in. Besides if I recall Phil was given or told by Spike Chunsoft he can get a free Danganronpa V3 copy if he played it on launch and only streamed a couple of hours on it back when the embargo was up to avoid spoilers. I think Phil may have it somewhere for free, I think it's the issue of wanting to put the 30+ hour time into the game.

In no way, shape or form did Phil stop any nominations from being submitted. All nominations were welcome. 

Hopefully, next time he DOES disqualify fucking Danganranpa from being nominated GOOD GRIEF lolol. 

Edited by EternalNapalm
On 10/8/2020 at 2:05 AM, kopi11 said:

Sure, here are my suggestions for DSP in the future:

• Phil needs to write out all rules in first post for casual viewers. 
  • Be specific, and don't go back on your word!
  • Don't make assumptions about games without any scrutiny
  • Stop mocking people posting up nominations that literally fit your criteria. I'm not sure why he thinks this is funny, it just makes him look like a complete bonehead. Especially when it's in the context of him saying something blatantly false about a game that could have been easily verified with a quick google search
  • I recommend you consider the numbers in the tally at least somewhat. Like if tons of people nominate a certain game, and it fits the criteria, then you should give it a fair consideration. Flat-out ignoring all the numbers is extremely dumb, unless you want the marathon to be a snooze fest of games that only 2 or 3 people were interested in 
  • And if there's some underlying reason why you don't want to play a game in the top voting, despite it fitting the criteria, then you can explain why on stream or forums in an intelligent manner. I'll give you some hints though. Refrain from insulting people, and maybe do 10 seconds of research before you say something completely incorrect about a game fans expressed interest in.

Thanks!

I would agree with most of this, though my reasoning for not mocking people is because he's mocking people for nominating games they had no reason to believe wouldn't be appropriate to nominate.

19 hours ago, EternalNapalm said:

In no way, shape or form did Phil stop any nominations from being submitted. All nominations were welcome. 

That's not the issue. The issue is that he's already flat-out refusing to play some games and mocking people for nominating them at all when his only criteria were:

"-Horror games are welcome, but not every game has to be a horror game to be considered
-Games should be easily accessible, and not "Rare games" that aren't available on modern consoles/PC to play easily
-No full priced $60 games, please!"

It wouldn't have be hard for him to add on:

- No VNs

- No RPGs

- No Games over 20 hours

- Street Fighter V will not be selected

whenever the next one of these marathons is being planned and he makes a thread for game nominations he really needs to put in the original post on the tread a list of all the games he refuses to play so people dont post the wrong game and get their nomination disqualified and then ridiculed by dsp

4 hours ago, ShinraRecruit said:

It wouldn't have be hard for him to add on:

- No VNs

- No RPGs

- No Games over 20 hours

- Street Fighter V will not be selected

- no games over $20 $5-$10

- no games I played, but SF5 is tradition

- no souls-like

Edited by babymngaming456
23 hours ago, EternalNapalm said:

Hopefully, next time he DOES disqualify fucking Danganranpa from being nominated GOOD GRIEF lolol. 

lolol I feel the same way about CALL OF DUTEE too. pew pew pew.

DEAD BY DAYLIGHT

Just made an account because I'm SHOCKED no one nominated DEAD BY DAYLIGHT for the marathon! It's perfect!! Phil hasn't played Dead By Daylight in 3 YEARS, and since then they have added a TON of content, New Killers and survivors, maps, overhauled engine etc. Some of his favorite franchises like the recent Silent Hill chapter is there as well to see. On top of that!! They're even having their own Halloween event that they do every year. So people will be wearing themed spooky cosmetics, and running meme builds. Plus I have a special affinity for dbd so it would be great to see it and the time is just right. 

1 hour ago, Rune said:

Yume Nikki.

I really like Yume Nikki, it's one of my favourite ones from an artistic point of view. In my opinion, it's mainly about enjoying the atmosphere, music, and the exploring aspect.

However it's not like other games, because the gameplay is more limited, (and it's supposed to be that way), the story is open to interpretation and of course there is virtually no dialogue. There's no way he's accomplishing anything in it for a Marathon-event, in 1-2 hours, unless he's really into this type of game, (he isn't), or uses it as an opportunity to chill with chat, (not happening, because I bet more than one, including him, will complain about it being boring, and ask what to do next).

There's absolutely no way he's playing it, even if it was at the top of the tally anyways. In other circumstances I'd agree with you and vote it, because it's a beautiful game.

Updated tally until now, (click image to expand, or see: Text Format below):

TallyEXYS.thumb.png.2550a550de49283e9310cc5c8e6dbb77.png

Criteria:

• The games with "⊕:" between parenthesis, means someone added a stipulation, but not everyone who nominated it.
  • I counted as nominations when people answer to others with: "cool/nice one/I agree/would be amazing to see/similar".
  • Didn't add: "Online/MP" next to fighting games titles because it's assumed people want online.
  • "Amnesia" mentions were treated as "Amnesia: The Dark Descent".
  • Non-specified mentions of "Evil Dead (PS2)" were treated as both: "Evil Dead: A Fistful of Boomstick" & "Evil Dead: Regeneration".
  • KGhaleon's nomination was confirmed to go to: "Amnesia: Rebirth", (the new game).

Text Format:

Spoiler

13    Street Fighter V
8    Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony
8    Ultra Street Fighter II
7    Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls
7    Among Us (⊕: with fans)
5    Crysis (Remastered)
4    Dino Crisis
4    Zombies Ate My Neighbors

3    Super Meat Boy
3    Five Nights at Freddy's: Sister Location
3    Mortal Kombat 11
3    Dead or Alive Xtreme 3
3    Carrion
3    WWE 2K Battlegrounds (⊕: MP)
3    Manhunt
3    Condemned: Criminal Origins (Continuation)
3    Resident Evil 3 (Multiplayer: Mastermind)
3    Mortal Shell
3    Blasphemous
3    Scream Fortress 2
3    Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines

2    Lisa: The Painful
2    Dead Rising (1)
2    Sonic.exe
2    Luigi's Mansion 1 (⊕: GameCube)
2    Shadow Warrior (2013)
2    EA Sports UFC 3 (Multiplayer)
2    Costume Quest (1)
2    Amnesia: The Dark Descent*
2    Pony Island
2    Risk of Rain
2    S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
2    NHL 20
2    Twisted Metal: Black
2    Manhunt 2
2    The Binding of Isaac
2    Classic DOOM 1 (⊕: Nightmare)
2    Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite
2    Hollow Knight
2    DOOM Eternal (⊕: MP; Nightmare Mode)
2    Evil Dead: Regeneration
2    Evil Dead: A Fistful of Boomstick
2    Amnesia: Rebirth (New Game)
2    Grabbed by the Ghoulies (⊕: Rare Replay)
2    F.E.A.R.
2    Double Switch - 25th Anniversary Edition
1    Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition
1    A Nightmare on Elm Street (NES)
1    Batman: Arkham City (Challenge maps)
1    Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout (Dressed in Halloween colours)
1    Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories
1    Aliens Versus Predator Classic 2000
1    BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend
1    BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend
1    Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection
1    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019; MP)
1    Call of Duty: Black Ops III - Zombies Chronicles
1    The Dark Pictures Anthology: Little Hope
1    Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Pacifist)
1    Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
1    Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning
1    Corpse Killer - 25th Anniversary Edition
1    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
1    Soma
1    Night in the Woods
1    OneShot
1    Among the Sleep
1    Katana Zero
1    Anodyne
1    The Thing
1    Jak II
1    Alan Wake
1    Maximo: Ghosts to Glory
1    Skate 3
1    Chaos;Child
1    Fatal Frame II
1    Fatal Frame III
1    Ultimate Custom Night
1    Costume Quest 2
1    Paranormal HK
1    Overwatch
1    Super Mario Bros. 35
1    Star Wars Battlefront II (MP)
1    The Darkness (1)
1    Killer7
1    Far Cry (1)
1    Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
1    WWE 2K20
1    Left 4 Dead 2
1    Remothered: Tormented Fathers
1    Friday the 13th (PS4)
1    Outlast
1    Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy)
1    Condemned 2: Bloodshot
1    Onimusha: Warlords
1    Divinity: Original Sin II
1    The Forest
1    Little Nightmares
1    Detention
1    Doom 3 (PS4)
1    Ninja Gaiden Black
1    Friday the 13th (NES)
1    Devil May Cry 2
1    Silent Hill 2 (Hard)
1    Silent Hill 3 (Hard)
1    Enter the Gungeon
1    Tony Hawk's Underground
1    Homefront: The Revolution
1    BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger
1    Fightcade: SF3 Third Strike
1    GTA Online
1    Silent Hill 4 (GOG's release)
1    EA Sports UFC 4
1    Doom 64
1    Soul Reaver 2
1    Legacy of Kain: Defiance
1    Dead by Daylight
1    Yume Nikki
1    Erica

• Like 2
On 10/3/2020 at 6:38 AM, Phil said:

FNAF Sister Location (only bc everyone knows it's not scary, we can tear it a new asshole)

I just watched PDP's FNAF 1 videos. It was much more entertaining than "this game is shit, this game is boring, it's not scary, don't listen to the muppets/shills, don't give them money". He wasn't even overreacting, he played the game normally. At least he managed to beat night 3. Phil quit just when the game got challenging (didn't beat night 2).

BTW, who's "everyone"? For example everyone claims Amnesia is the scariest game ever. Those games wouldn't get popular if everyone thought they are bad.

Edited by babymngaming456
  • Phil locked this topic
  • Phil unpinned this topic