The King of Hate Forums

Dark Souls mentality

So only trolls want to see Souls games because Phillip sucks at them and they make him suffer.

Well. I find watching people who are good at the games much more entertaining than people who suck or play them like idiots.

There's a big issue though. Playing well requires a minimal amount of effort. Following instructions, using items for their intended purpose, using basic game mechanics. Instead of just spamming R1 and roll.

Watching people who suck is just tedious.

What do you think, what do you prefer?

2 hours ago, babymngaming456 said:

I find watching people who are good at the games much more entertaining

I'm not trying to funny but what games are Phil good at? Other than SF which I usually avoid because it's not my type of game. Him playing, lets say, Mortal Shell would be entertaining because he'll be out of his comfort zone.

1 hour ago, FloydMayweather said:

but what games are Phil good at?

Fall Guys?

1 hour ago, FloydMayweather said:

Him playing, lets say, Mortal Shell would be entertaining because he'll be out of his comfort zone.

But hearing the same complaints and watching the same one move being spammed gets boring eventually. In the long run it's more fun watching someone who's good at it and actually enjoys the game.

Edited by babymngaming456
4 hours ago, babymngaming456 said:

So only trolls want to see Souls games because Phillip sucks at them and they make him suffer.

No one that I've heard of actually thinks this, including Phil.

You said elsewhere that you do watch his streams regularly. Why?

Edited by MoraMoria
28 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

No one that I've heard of actually thinks this, including Phil.

But that's what Phillip keeps saying over and over. How only the trolls want to see him play Souls game, to see him fail and make him suffer.

29 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

You said elsewhere that you do watch his streams regularly. Why?

I guess because I hate myself. Here's how Reddit describes it

Spoiler

It's like you go to DSP's streams expecting to see a trainwreck.

Then you instead find like 10 trains piled up, they're all on fire already, drenched in a pool of toxic waste, forest fires surrounding the entire thing. 

Phil doesn't suck at Souls games. If you can solo bosses as he does almost all the time, you most certainly do not "suck". 

Souls games are challenging and test your metal. There is no shame in dying dozens of times to hard bosses. 

Edited by EternalNapalm
22 minutes ago, EternalNapalm said:

Phil doesn't suck at Souls games. If you can solo bosses as he does almost all the time, you most certainly do not "suck". 

Yeah but he spends an hour to two hours doing it. And whats frustrating is not once does he try to change his tactics when fighting a boss.

It's like someone trying to hammer a nail in with a screwdriver when there is a hammer right below the nail.

1 hour ago, EternalNapalm said:

Souls games are challenging and test your metal. There is no shame in dying dozens of times to hard bosses. 

Yeah, he did beat Bloodborne after all. Nioh 1 and 2 as well, and those are harder than any DS game.

On 9/21/2020 at 12:15 AM, EternalNapalm said:

Phil doesn't suck at Souls games.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised this is coming from a mod. The light from the gas lamps is strong there. (if you know what I mean :wink:)

Beating bosses solo isn't a special accomplishment. People who are worse than him can do that. After enough tries anyone will beat a boss. He brags about that Champion Gundyr took him 3 hours.

It's not about being able to beat the games, it's the way he plays them, and all the salt.

He plays games his own wayTM. He played Souls so much he's able to beat them his own wayTM. Doesn't mean his wayTM doesn't suck.

I'll admit he has far better reaction time than many other people. People couldn't beat Sekiro because they couldn't react fast enough. If he wanted, he could be good at the games. He's making himself suck with his play style. Face tanking everything, ignoring game mechanics, tutorials, items, etc. He keeps having camera problems because he keeps hugging the walls from using the same scrub tactics, running away from the boss and hope the attack doesn't reach him.

In his 1st DS pt. he ignored all item descriptions, didn't lock on. Then blamed the game for not telling him anything, not being able to hit enemies. Didn't figure out kindling. Took him long to figure out souls are for leveling, it was right on the menu screen.

Now chat will tell him everything. But he still sucked in his last DS playthrough, until he got OP weapons thanks to chat. I remember him being terrible in DS3 2nd run, until he got a sword that one shots everything.

On 9/21/2020 at 12:15 AM, EternalNapalm said:

Souls games are challenging and test your metal.

Souls games are a test of your intelligence. You will suck if you play like an idiot. The game is like a puzzle boss.

Edited by babymngaming456
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I have played all Dark Souls games solo and their dlc, plus Bloodborne and its expansion solo. 

I have invested hundreds of hours into these games. Maybe near 1000 total. Let me say that the reason people like playing these games isn't because of the difficulty, or the fact you die a lot. People like it primarily because of the gripping exploration.

What new area, enemy, weapon, armor piece or wonder lies around the corner?

Then comes the combat. 

The difficulty layers on those two facets. Difficulty adds tension to the exploration, making you respect enemies you face, dread scary looking enemies you see for the first time and makes turning the corner exhilarating. 

Maybe some people watch to see Phil suffer, but I think most are intrigued by the world and the mysteries. It's almost a secret treasure chest for a lot of gamers...a forbidden realm of wonder. 

Edited by EternalNapalm