The King of Hate Forums
KingCaboose2003

Problem with tweeting phil and haters

Anybody else sick of tweeting something to phil only to have the haters like the SoK take it and try and spin it in a negative way when there was no inherent negativity to be had. I get that its just something that comes with phil unfortunately but its really ridiculous. 

• Upvote 4

I've seen many of the SOK retweets and spins. At times, yes, there is  a certain degree of unnecessary negativity. However, there are times I've seen where they use a tweet to be able to expand on an issue or concern they have regarding Phil. Also, ultimately, they're free to have their opinions. If you don't like it, you don't have to read.

Fortunately, twitter is a commonplace for everyone. It is up to you if you want to read those tweets or not. You have an ignore function, make use of it. Or what else do you expect here as an advice?

• Upvote 2

look im not asking for advice necessarily cause hell i know i could block 20 of them and theres still hundreds more its just aggravating and really makes me question the point of interacting with phil via twitter its just kinda sad thats all

Some of it are valid questionings though. It also reflects back towards this forum(Or the old forum) where if threads are being deleted/locked, then you take away a major avenue for these people to get their thoughts across, so you honestly leave them no choice but to respond on twitter or on youtube.

That's one of the biggest reasons why these premature thread locks do him no good. 

• Upvote 1

look im not asking for advice necessarily cause hell i know i could block 20 of them and theres still hundreds more its just aggravating and really makes me question the point of interacting with phil via twitter its just kinda sad thats all

​I understand your concern and the opinion you're trying to voice. Apologies if the advice wasn't something you wanted.

I do agree with you on that point there are some genuine criticisms of phil that i do agree with heck ive listened to the sok podcast on a number of occasions and quite a bit of some of the points they bring up make sense but then theres the crap that they do that only serves the purpose of stirring up shit

​How about actually blocking those people before you complain here? You see there is a lot of whitenoise on twitter and you need to find the good tweets that are out there. However if you are bothered with something the SoK says then block them, job done. Basically to me is you are trying to blame the SoK entirely for the negativity Phil gets on twitter yet you refuse to use a simple button to shut that out.

​How about actually blocking those people before you complain here? You see there is a lot of whitenoise on twitter and you need to find the good tweets that are out there. However if you are bothered with something the SoK says then block them, job done. Basically to me is you are trying to blame the SoK entirely for the negativity Phil gets on twitter yet you refuse to use a simple button to shut that out.

​good point and i will start doing that as ive said in a prior post some of what they say does bring up good and valid points but at the same time shit has just gotten so far out of hand

I do agree with you on that point there are some genuine criticisms of phil that i do agree with heck ive listened to the sok podcast on a number of occasions and quite a bit of some of the points they bring up make sense but then theres the crap that they do that only serves the purpose of stirring up shit

​Everybody gets made fun of when you are on a pedestal. That's human nature. There's nothing malicious enough that will harm Phil's everyday life from what I have heard, so I don't think it is anything too bad. 

​Everybody gets made fun of when you are on a pedestal. That's human nature. There's nothing malicious enough that will harm Phil's everyday life from what I have heard, so I don't think it is anything too bad. 

​true it just seems like hes become one of the most popular to hate people on youtube. 

​true it just seems like hes become one of the most popular to hate people on youtube. 

​That sort of becomes a pattern worth listening to and observing if its more than a couple of people though. Everybody will have their detractors but it is when there seemingly are more of them then their are fans that there is a serious problem at hand and that it might be on the content creator. 

​That sort of becomes a pattern worth listening to and observing if its more than a couple of people though. Everybody will have their detractors but it is when there seemingly are more of them then their are fans that there is a serious problem at hand and that it might be on the content creator. 

​and some of it might be im not sitting here saying as they might put it blind fanboyism that their entirely in the wrong and phil is entirely in the right. I'm a realist and sure I don't always agree with or like some of the things phil does. I do think he has a point in that a lot of the people just got sick of the constant drama and left and never came back and some of that is on him as well. I do think that he couldve handled a lot of it much better. The unfortunate truth is phil is absolutely right if you just type in dsp, darksydephil etc. on youtube search your gonna get a crap ton of the drama pop up and that tends to turn people off

so unfortunately and phil if your reading this this is not a knock against you but i fear that it might be too late for you to repair the damage to your reputation and keep the sinking ship afloat by your own admission your business has gone down a great deal and its not rocket science to figure out that on this current path it wont be too long before the ship finally sinks and this is no longer a viable full time job. With that said as long as you continue to provide fun and entertaining content that i enjoy i will go down with that ship. I hope i'm wrong but thats just the sense im getting right now hopefully somehow you can turn this around before its too late.

​and some of it might be im not sitting here saying as they might put it blind fanboyism that their entirely in the wrong and phil is entirely in the right. I'm a realist and sure I don't always agree with or like some of the things phil does. I do think he has a point in that a lot of the people just got sick of the constant drama and left and never came back and some of that is on him as well. I do think that he couldve handled a lot of it much better. The unfortunate truth is phil is absolutely right if you just type in dsp, darksydephil etc. on youtube search your gonna get a crap ton of the drama pop up and that tends to turn people off

​Honestly, I think some people just don't have the time or ability to watch a 100+ video playthrough of a game so they turn to a 1-2 hour "blooper" reel(Since one of the biggest lures of Phil/DSP is his humor and bad gameplay) so you basically get a highlight(Or lowlight in this case) of Phil in a game without having to spend so much time weeding out some of the less interesting stuff. 

Now whether that is right or wrong is up for discussion but not everybody has the luxury of time to be so dedicated and committed to such a long playthrough so they opt to go with those bloopers. It is something Phil should really consider, maybe hiring someone to compile some of those fails(Like sort of what he did with Lords of the Fallen though he did that one himself) to beat these people to the punch. 

​Honestly, I think some people just don't have the time or ability to watch a 100+ video playthrough of a game so they turn to a 1-2 hour "blooper" reel(Since one of the biggest lures of Phil/DSP is his humor and bad gameplay) so you basically get a highlight(Or lowlight in this case) of Phil in a game without having to spend so much time weeding out some of the less interesting stuff. 

Now whether that is right or wrong is up for discussion but not everybody has the luxury of time to be so dedicated and committed to such a long playthrough so they opt to go with those bloopers. It is something Phil should really consider, maybe hiring someone to compile some of those fails(Like sort of what he did with Lords of the Fallen though he did that one himself) to beat these people to the punch. 

​that might be a good idea to try out his own version of the tihydp if you will i cant imagine hed ever call it that himself but yeah heck he might not even have to hire somebody per se there might be people willing to do it out of the kindness of their heart. Another idea i have and Phil i hope your reading this is maybe not focus so much on every major new release particularly in the busy times of the year for games so the longer games dont drag on for months at a time i.e. dragon age because its not so much the length of the playthrough a lot of times i think that loses the interest its moreso how long he spends completing it. 

"Haters" that word allows people to refer to critics and anyone that does not like someone as a "Hater" instead someone that gives criticism ..useless word

• Upvote 8

People are allowed to tweet about whatever they want. If you don't like it, you don't have to use twitter or post anything on there. If Phil was tired of it, guess what? He can stop using twitter. Twitter doesn't keep his business going. It's just a convenience. A fast way to exchange messages with people. Nobody needs it so it's dumb to complain about. It's like crying about seeing stupid stuff on facebook. Then don't use facebook if you don't like it or if you don't like what people post on there.

Also, it's getting old seeing the the term "SoK" being tossed around on here as a way to blame people. I'm pretty sure that group is small and they aren't the only ones doing it. Yet they get the finger pointed at them, like the first two posts in this topic, whenever someone is talking about "haters".

• Upvote 2

I only wished him good luck with paying off his two mortgages with Machinima/youtube money and got blocked. Truth hurts I guess.

​Yeah, well... Phil's the type of guy who deletes ANY post he doesn't like for any reason whatsoever, so that doesn't surprise me.