The King of Hate Forums

Anyone else wish he wasn't scared of Fightcade/Mugen/Experimentation?

Not so much a suggestion since he'd never do it, but I can't help wondering why after the last street fighter stream why he doesn't attempt to change it up a little? I've always supported the idea of weekly fighting streams ever since he started with SF4 but at this point it's way past it's prime when done like this, Ultra Street Fighter was bad enough but now we've literally got the same 2-3 decent players, the same handful of trolls he runs away from, and a bunch of novices to inexperienced to realize something else exist or put up a fight, it gets boring as a viewer to watch this same shit each weak. Somebody last night brought up him possibly trying Mugen and rather than give a simple answer he went on a nonsensical ramble about mugen and how it was unbalanced and only for "watching AI dream matches" when that is the point of Saltybets not Mugen itself, the point of the "game" is to craft your own fighting game within it's engine as such plenty of "balanced" and "actual game compilations" exist and even if they didn't how is downloading a bunch of characters and just watching A.I any different from his wwe fantasy simulations (which also had been done before and better in other places)? His excuses for Fightcade seems equally tone deaf when you factor in how he's always going off about how online in general isn't the "real game" and how the game speeds are "not correct", seems like it's a combination of laziness and him being scared of looking like trash in a much bigger pool of people, hell, he seems scared of emulation period, I can count on one hand the number of times he's done it outside of "official" means but he's done it.

I think this is what people mean when they call Phil a dinosaur, he's to stubborn and prideful to evolve and try something truly outside of his comfort zone and it has damaged his chance at more mainstream relevancy.

34 minutes ago, Kurokage said:

I think this is what people mean when they call Phil a dinosaur, he's to stubborn and prideful to evolve and try something truly outside of his comfort zone and it has damaged his chance at more mainstream relevancy.

People are paying good money to see a dinosaur, so why would he change anything?

It's all about the demand of those who contribute, after weighting in the effort required to satisfy that demand, (which is often minimal), that's why you had the "chair spin".

This Forum is full of suggestions, he's not short of those.

I think DSP should try out Fightcade. At least one time; then, he can speak on firsthand experience in recent times.

Maybe he tried it in the past before he started recording/streaming but things change.

For example, do you guys/gals remember how bad the wireless technology was in the 90 - 20's ? It has changed since then.

Yea, he needs to just try it once now , so he can make a reason on why it is bad "today".

On 10/24/2020 at 11:41 PM, Kurokage said:

Phil a dinosaur, he's to stubborn and prideful to evolve and try something truly outside of his comfort zone and it has damaged his chance at more mainstream relevancy.

See the thing is, Phil is a dinosaur. He only started to adopt direct capture close to midway through this generation, when there was already a precedent in 2009 with COD YouTubers etc and thats only one example.

With Phil, nothing will ever change unless the money changes as @MoraMoriaso eloquently described. The people complaining should already know this and not expect any improvement. I dont blame Phil, I mean jesus, imagine having a job where you roll out of bed wearing pajamas, smelling like ass and still making 300+ a day. 

Edited by FloydMayweather
  • Like 1

Can you disprove that people can cheat by using macros, or mess with the game connections because it's run through a relatively easy-to-manipulate program over PC?

If not, then there's zero reason for me to waste my time with Fightcade. I didn't play on Fightcade, but I did play on its predecessor where that shit was completely rampant and made games like Super Turbo nearly unplayable. It wasn't until these games moved into the console arena (like Third Strike Online Edition) that the cheating was removed and it became fun to play again online.

• 3 months later...
On 11/5/2020 at 9:47 PM, Phil said:

Can you disprove that people can cheat by using macros, or mess with the game connections because it's run through a relatively easy-to-manipulate program over PC?

If not, then there's zero reason for me to waste my time with Fightcade. I didn't play on Fightcade, but I did play on its predecessor where that shit was completely rampant and made games like Super Turbo nearly unplayable. It wasn't until these games moved into the console arena (like Third Strike Online Edition) that the cheating was removed and it became fun to play again online.

Phil, is there any chance you could Play MVC2 on fightcade just for one stream? I know there are probably cheaters, but MVC2 is just as important to your history as Street Fighter and I would love to see you play it and give some tips.

On 11/5/2020 at 9:47 PM, Phil said:

I know this thread is a few months old at this point but seeing as it's been revived; don't people do this quite easily on regular consoles too? Lagging your internet on purpose for an advantage has been a thing since Halo 2 in 2006, and people have been using turbo controllers with characters like Honda in ST for as long as I can remember too. Even one of the last streams you did I remember one of the honda players was doing hands on demand and blatantly had turbo. 

I'm sure there are people on FC who use macros or lag their connections to get an advantage but I'd imagine since you kind of have to be "in the know" to know what fightcade is, set it up, etc. most people are there because they just like ST and there's arguably less reason to cheat on a PC emulator with much less leaderboard visibility and stuff. Maybe our experiences are different but in all the time I've spent on stuff like GGPO I've never had that many macroers or cheaters, mostly just idiots who mash during the load screens in 3s and put black bars all over the screen.

Edited by wheredoisignup
  • 1 month later...

I think he might one day play on NullDC Bear. A dreamcast emulator that has been online for a long while now.

But the interesting thing is, he'll encounter alot of unexpected appearances in various fighting games, from Maximillian Dood, Justin Wong and alot of old school dreamcast gamers, playing on it, since alot of them play online on it. One good thing about fighting games on the dreamcast, is that you'll always, almost find competition and people playing online.

Edited by musicboy