The King of Hate Forums

Constructive Criticism Turned Into the "Bitch About How I'm Angry Phil Enjoyed Halloween" Thread

I have to be very honest and also very constructive here

Dark Anthology Pictures: Little Hope wasn't picked by people in comparison to the other games yet was easily the most played games. Why not split this time and play Five Night's at Freddy's? Why not do a pre-recorded DSP Tries It and run that while you go on a bathroom break or something rather than go live on a paid marathon to the drive through? Knock out two birds with one stone and put more time to the stream with games that were picked by the fans.

The pre-stream ran longer than much of the games picked, it really sucked. Why even bring up the PC story when most people know about it and not just get to the contributions? Dino Crisis was among the top choices of what was picked yet that was not played enough AND was a brand new campaign which means absolutely no progress was made in the overall game. The expectation was with Dino Crisis was that you would pick up where you left off, maybe watch your videos from a while ago on free time to catch up with the plot and work off the rust of controls, especially since they are old RE1-3 PS related and all. 

The costumes are whatever, I think they were alright(Credit for sticking to the Col. Sanders character though) but I was more letdown by how the games were handled and I see so many fixable mistakes here that really dragged the whole marathon down. It seemed like a way to beat a new playthrough in the Hardcore Gaming Season all the while giving the fans/customers their marathon. 

It's been beaten to the death on the games he picked vs he skipped, but the way it was handled was terrible today I am sorry. The same complaint I had about Manhunt being the most picked game yet getting the least amount of time stands here, what is the point of the polls if you aren't playing the highest picked games with the most amount of time? 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have to be very honest and also very constructive here Dark Anthology Pictures: Little Hope wasn't picked by people in comparison to the other games yet was easily the most played games. Why no

This babble can be summed up as "I only listen to people who kiss my ass and give me money" I wonder what @MoraMoriathinks of this complete disregard on the forum!  

Posted Images

I kind of have to agree with OP

There is not much point to these marathons being sub goals to begin with, since there is going to be some kind of event on the Big Holidays of Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas anyway

There is way too much padding in the marathons themselves and way too little planning or meaningful gameplay for most of the games involved

I liked the Little Hope playthrough before but including it here just made it feel like a normal streaming day and the costume and act basically ruined the 2nd half of the playthrough for me. Unwatchable

Phil played TF2 for like 30 minutes and quit after saying chat had had it when literally nobody in chat was saying that

No FNAF at all and replaying the same portion of Dino Crisis again was just silly

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, GoldenColts said:

There is not much point to these marathons being sub goals to begin with

$2.5 from each gifted sub.

16 minutes ago, GoldenColts said:

Phil played TF2 for like 30 minutes and quit after saying chat had had it when literally nobody in chat was saying that

One guy didn't like it. There you have it.

That sounds pretty fucking terrible. When I got on the stream and saw he was doing a regular playthrough instead of a special marathon game I bailed. Why play something you were going to finish regardless on a day that is a special event meant for other games that the audience would never see? Also the Colonel Sanders costume is "meh" but doing that voice and act got old in the few minutes I was there. I hope that really didn't last for the whole marathon.

It is kind of funny to read that he restarted a game he had done before and didn't make much progress because of poor time allocation/management. Not shocked about the DSP Tries it though. Those have been handled poorly for a while now. Its such a shame that pre-stream ends up being a longer segment than some game segments.

1 hour ago, Another_Derich said:

Why play something you were going to finish regardless on a day that is a special event meant for other games that the audience would never see?

In my opinion it's possible that Phil tried to MinMax Little Hope's potential, (contributions and loss of time), by ending the game during the event where the goal is more likely to be reached regardless, instead of wasting one more day on it.

I base this on the fact that it had only 2 nominations, (the least amount), so it seemed random for him to pick it, unless he already bought the game & started a playthrough, which he did with its Première the day before. But also, and probably more important, because he mentioned in the Forum-thread that some of his favourite posted games included: "Zombies Ate My Neighbors", "Resident Evil 3 Multiplayer" and "Corpse Killer - 25th Anniversary Edition", all of them with more nominations than Little Hope.

So there was a change of heart.

12 hours ago, Blackspawn89 said:

Why not do a pre-recorded DSP Tries It and run that while you go on a bathroom break or something rather than go live on a paid marathon to the drive through?

This is a great idea! but this requires some foresight and effort, DSP would only do this if he wasn't getting $500 in tips alone for the opposite. 

2 hours ago, babymngaming456 said:
  • 30min after prestream break
  • 20min to start Little Hope
  • 50min to star DSP Tries It
  • 30min break after DSP Tries It
  • 15min to switch to PC and start TF2
  • 20min to switch to PS3 and start Dino Crisis

So around 1/3 of the stream were breaks.

Honestly that sounds terrible, good lord. All that waffling and yapping needs to be removed, but we all know that won't happen.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
2 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

In my opinion it's possible that Phil tried to MinMax Little Hope's potential, (contributions and loss of time), by ending the game during the event where the goal is more likely to be reached regardless, instead of wasting one more day on it.

I base this on the fact that it had only 2 nominations, (the least amount), so it seemed random for him to pick it, unless he already bought the game & started a playthrough, which he did with its Première the day before. But also, and probably more important, because he mentioned in the Forum-thread that some of his favourite posted games included: "Zombies Ate My Neighbors", "Resident Evil 3 Multiplayer" and "Corpse Killer - 25th Anniversary Edition", all of them with more nominations than Little Hope.

So there was a change of heart.

There is a very good chance you are right. Which if you are is a bit disappointing because I do not think that what took place was in the best interest of the audience and marathon itself.

Great point raised by Goldencolts there, it looks bad for someone who wanted a serious playthrough of Little Hope to have Phil cosplaying as Col. Sanders for almost half of the game. It is like when Phil did the forced cursing for his Ducktales Remastered playthrough, it completely ruined the ability to watch that playthrough. Even more of a question mark why he wanted to play so much of a game that was suppose to be apart of the Hardcore Gaming Season. 

For the Youtube audience, just randomly seeing a serious playthrough of a new game become some sort of joke, hammed up Southern accent jarring playthrough of a horror game is a poor look IDK.

Edited by Blackspawn89
  • Upvote 2
47 minutes ago, Blackspawn89 said:

Great point raised by Goldencolts there, it looks bad for someone who wanted a serious playthrough of Little Hope to have Phil cosplaying as Col. Sanders for almost half of the game. It is like when Phil did the forced cursing for his Ducktales Remastered playthrough, it completely ruined the ability to watch that playthrough. Even more of a question mark why he wanted to play so much of a game that was suppose to be apart of the Hardcore Gaming Season. 

For the Youtube audience, just randomly seeing a serious playthrough of a new game become some sort of joke, hammed up Southern accent jarring playthrough of a horror game is a poor look IDK.

The YouTube audience? 90% are either twitch viewers that want to watch something back or the 10% random people who click search results. 

3 minutes ago, snowkarl said:

The YouTube audience? 90% are either twitch viewers that want to watch something back or the 10% random people who click search results. 

There are people out there who watch exclusively the Youtube stuff since he streams his main game for most of the duration of a workday.

(I am one of them btw!)

Edited by Blackspawn89
2 minutes ago, Blackspawn89 said:

There are people out there who watch exclusively the Youtube stuff since he streams his main game for most of the duration of a workday.

But those viewers are the same as the ones who watch his streams. 

Either way, those who watch exclusively on youtube are incredibly small judging by the views. Videos get 10-20 likes as well. The YouTube is largely irrelevant these days, 90% of the revenue/views come from his Twitch. 

Just now, snowkarl said:

Either way, those who watch exclusively on youtube are incredibly small judging by the views. Videos get 10-20 likes as well. The YouTube is largely irrelevant these days, 90% of the revenue/views come from his Twitch. 

His YouTube audience is effectively dead, its like a graveyard. I tried to help but opening up a thread here on how to improve his outreach and it got removed (no idea why.... actually I do... something to do with ego) 

The funny part is. the ideal way to consume his product is through YouTube. You can skip all the gibberish and get to what you want, you just won't be there live.

2 minutes ago, snowkarl said:

They can't since he streams early on a week day for people in the US M-F. I don't disagree with them not being a main priority but it still looks weird to see a serious playthrough just end up being some guy rolling a southern accent and doing jokes related to Col. Sanders in relation to the playthrough.

9 hours ago, Blackspawn89 said:

For the Youtube audience, just randomly seeing a serious playthrough of a new game become some sort of joke

So there's no difference then. They don't watch it to see a serious playthrough, else they would watch someone else. People don't watch it for the games. Doesn't every game/playthrough turn into a bad joke?

On 11/1/2020 at 3:43 AM, Blackspawn89 said:

...what is the point of the polls if you aren't playing the highest picked games with the most amount of time? 

As you know, if you read Phil's comment on the other thread, "highest picked games" mean nothing. His own words make it clear that you're just suggesting games to him, and he'll wing it.

Those are the key words.

So to answer your question: his selection of games, (scattered across the tally with no regards for the number of nominations), strongly suggest that these polls/threads have only one purpose, to save him a bit of time/research on game-titles that could work for the event. Once he reads the title & refreshes his memory that the game exists, the number of people suggesting it fades into nothing.

Hi, had to sign in to give my two cents. Sorry if I offend anyone but you all claim to be long time viewers of DSP but always act surprised when shit like this goes down. It happens all the time.

I've only been watching for a couple of months now and it's always the same.

DSP is simply not a good gamer or streamer. He cannot carry a game like other streamers.

Phill is only at his best when he's salty or raging. That's why TF2 was easily the highlight of the stream because of the trolling.

Same with the rage a thon with SF5.

TheSkyTruth is actually speaking the truth here. Folks it's not going to get better. Because it never was.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I think most of us expect less from Phil but it doesn't mean we should not stray away from pointing this out and holding him accountable that there is a decent part of his fanbase that questions why it was being done a certain way and hold him at a certain standard. This is his what? 6th year of this Marathon and he still has issues that he can be pardoned from maybe in year 1? These are such fixable mistakes too, it's just baffling. Just because we aren't throwing 100 dollar bombs doesn't mean we didn't or have yet to contribute yet either. He asks how to make his brand better and he is getting the advice here, whether he wants it or not is a whole other debate. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

strongly suggest that these polls/threads have only one purpose, to save him a bit of time/research on game-titles that could work for the event. Once he reads the title & refreshes his memory that the game exists, the number of people suggesting it fades into nothing.

If this is indeed true then that is incredibly fucking lazy, I'm sorry. Why not research FIRST and then do the poll and let the viewers ACTUALLY decide.

• Like 1

He is saying Scream Fortress 2 was a top nominated game, what the hell is he even talking about? It got 3 votes! Just say the game was free and due to financial constraints it was chosen, don't blame the viewers for you choosing the game and it not working out. There were other choices like Manhunt or Condemned that you bought and would not have to spend a penny on and probably would have worked out better and they fit the scary theme. FNAF: Sister Location had 1 more vote and you bypassed it. @Phil

Edited by Blackspawn89
  • Phil changed the title to Constructive Criticism Turned Into the "Bitch About How I'm Angry Phil Enjoyed Halloween" Thread
  • Phil locked this topic