The King of Hate Forums

Constructive Criticism Turned Into the "Bitch About How I'm Angry Phil Enjoyed Halloween" Thread

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have to be very honest and also very constructive here Dark Anthology Pictures: Little Hope wasn't picked by people in comparison to the other games yet was easily the most played games. Why no

This babble can be summed up as "I only listen to people who kiss my ass and give me money" I wonder what @MoraMoriathinks of this complete disregard on the forum!  

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, TheSkyTruth said:

Holding someone accountable who doesn't and hasn't taking responsibility of even the smallest of his own faults is the biggest waste of time ever. Some of you idiots who are surprised by what happened should of took a page from his wife. The last time she appeared she was there for half the Halloween Marathon, noticed it was boring and the chat was garbage, and left for a Halloween party. Hasn't appeared on a stream since. If you try something a couple of times and it appears to not get any better, why waste your time banging your head against a wall? Again, some of you are idiots at this point.

So the other basis is to just let him get away with the bare minimum for people paying their money? Giving Phil a get out of jail free card for mediocrity/bare minimum seems counterproductive and trust me, my time isn't being wasted. Of course there will be people who just throw money for whatever but at least holding this accountable is not a waste of time at all.

1 minute ago, babymngaming456 said:

It's understandable not wanting to play Danganronpa, for example. The issue is the toxic attitude towards the people who voted, or the excuses, or giving people false hope by not properly explaining the arbitrary rules. Saying people who voted are idiots or trolls. Why not call Cmfool an annoying troll?

He called @LastRambo341 an idiot, crazy for bringing up a good point.

Edited by Blackspawn89
  • Like 1

For the record, I  have been stream banned for 1 1/2 years, Phil never got back to me via email on removing it, was a Patreon subscriber(Even if it was a minimal amount) until that was made obsolete but I do not support him anymore. The Cat reveal ruined that for me and I don't have the means to go spending on a person who has no interaction with me. I just tune in time to time to see these special events and it just becomes a massive letdown over easily fixable errors that have been documented. I was a former fan but now I have no horse in the race but feel the need to tell it like it is.

• Like 1

i occasionally tune in but i always get annoyed by how long the pre stream goes on for...its like no matter how many contributions come in it always goes on for a similar length of time like its set up that way seemingly just to waste time plus all the toxicity aimed towards viewers who ask him to reduce how long it is ,,,it just annoys me now to the point that i cant stand to watch them anymore

1 hour ago, FloydMayweather said:

If this is indeed true then that is incredibly fucking lazy, I'm sorry. Why not research FIRST and then do the poll and let the viewers ACTUALLY decide.

I know that you know the answer.

As for the purpose of the polls/threads, you have to take into consideration that Little Hope, for example, was at least 24 spots behind other games that were not played but had more nominations, (including "Five Nights at Freddy's", which was supposed to be in the event). I've already posted why I think he chose Little Hope.

The rest of his chosen games are also dispersed around the tally, without rhyme, reason or care about how many people participated, just Phil's criteria, (meaning he could do it by himself, instead of asking people). So if this is not a testament that proves the "Nomination-threads" serving as mere reminders/time-savers for him, nothing will. He decides "what's bad" and "what people wouldn't want to see", even after asking people about it.

This was the final tally with his selection of games:

TallyTally0.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, MoraMoria said:

So if this is not a testament that proves the "Nomination-threads" serving as mere reminders/time-savers for him, nothing will. He decides "what's bad" and "what people wouldn't want to see", even after asking people about it.

I'm curious how things would work out if people simply refused to participate in the charade and let him just choose things himself. Too bad we won't ever get to see that.

On stream just now regarding forum:

"I don't read that nonsense" lol okay. Guess that goes to show what people here mean because apparently his feedback on stream was opposite of here.

You're all "disgusting, negative idiots" lol

Edited by Another_Derich
46 minutes ago, Another_Derich said:

"I don't read that nonsense" lol okay. Guess that goes to show what people here mean because apparently his feedback on stream was opposite of here.

That happens because he just bans anyone who would dare criticize him on stream. So you're only left with people who either don't voice their disappointment, who Phil assumes are joking and actually like it because he trusts them, and people who just blindly praise everything he does.

Just saw that snippet of the prestream, absolute garbage. Way to discredit people who put some serious thought into constructive criticism of your event. I'm not some sock puppet account, I barely if at all even make threads on this deserted forum. A lot of people like Moira put thought into the polling and help you out and there are tons of other people who make fanart, emotes etc. for you to benefit off of. Absolute arrogance. Rather than victim blame on the prestream, why don't you actually respond back?

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

I always try to be fair to everyone.

If Phil wants to refute anything in here, go ahead, until then I'm out of this thread.

I think plenty of people are fair here, we don't talk about his wife or family but focus on him and his content. I even gave Phil credit before when he deserves it:

But for him to just discredit everyone here who bothered to speak their mind for better or for worse is crazy. 2 year subscriber in the past to his Twitch and supported his patreon but because I thought the event could have been done so much better, that makes me an idiot? It's the stuff they do ages ago, call someone crazy and looney to discredit them to save face for the others.

1 hour ago, Another_Derich said:

I didn't watch today's prestream. I'm trying to pull myself out of the dsp vortex. I still check in every now and then particularly when tips are low to watch him beg and chastise his audience. I like the salt honestly.

But did he really say that. Lol.

"I don't read that nonsense". Was he talking about the TKoH forums. HIS fucking forum!!

LOL.

1 hour ago, babymngaming456 said:

Just riding the train.

Reveal hidden contents

train.jpg.5df6ede74fd7ce5a9fedc151dd610c3e.jpg

LOL. I'm not a fan or a troll but you guys have my sympathy. Especially mora moria. I think I saw him/her on the stream a while back. And phill just ignored. Feelsbadman.

• Upvote 3
24 minutes ago, masterxeon2002 said:

Maybe if you said how you'd make it better instead of just shit on everything he might listen to you.

Sorry they insulted the Lord. But those are things people are obviously doing. But it requires common sense to realize that. And not just go "How dare you to criticize my Lord!"

1 hour ago, masterxeon2002 said:

Maybe if you said how you'd make it better instead of just shit on everything he might listen to you.

Just a few things in no particular order:

• Save Little Hope for the marathon instead of insisting on day one views, and play through the whole thing in one sitting
  • Prerecord the DSP Tries It and play it during a break instead of taking an hour to go get it
  • Don't take nominations just to ignore them and pick whatever he wants
  • Take shorter breaks
  • Make sure to have an OBS scene for each game ready ahead time instead of setting things up on the day
  • Look into the multitude of indie horror games available just about everywhere
Edited by ShinraRecruit
1 hour ago, masterxeon2002 said:

No. Like I said earlier I've been watching for a few months and I've seen it go down the same way each and every time. Like the Vestival. Same complaints.

I've watched some of his older stuff from years back and it's all the same. Like the skytruth was saying he hasn't changed and never will.

It's madness at this point.

But I am curious though what's the allure. What do you enjoy about his streams? As someone who's not a fan what is it about DSP that has you guys stuck on him for so long?

9 hours ago, Blackspawn89 said:

I think most of us expect less from Phil but it doesn't mean we should not stray away from pointing this out and holding him accountable that there is a decent part of his fanbase that questions why it was being done a certain way and hold him at a certain standard. This is his what? 6th year of this Marathon and he still has issues that he can be pardoned from maybe in year 1? These are such fixable mistakes too, it's just baffling. Just because we aren't throwing 100 dollar bombs doesn't mean we didn't or have yet to contribute yet either. He asks how to make his brand better and he is getting the advice here, whether he wants it or not is a whole other debate. 

The thing is, he won't change because he makes bank doing what he currently does, most content creators when they make 10% the money Phil makes, use it to reinvest and improve their content. they have a zest to improve their quality for their fans. Phil is the literal opposite, and too be honest I don't blame him. The classic "if it aint broke dont fix it".

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Planettenon said:

But I am curious though what's the allure. What do you enjoy about his streams? As someone who's not a fan what is it about DSP that has you guys stuck on him for so long?

That is one of the most interesting things about all this to me. 

I have many thoughts on why but recently I have been thinking part of it is escapism for some of us.  When you see how seriously Phil and even the fans and detractors take such a completely ridiculous thing (Phil's "gaming career")... it helps you forget about all the serious things going on in reality and our lives that are usually much more complicated and serious than anything to do with Phil. 

Yet he always plays it straight... he actually takes himself seriously.  He never will "embrace the meme" because he is too diluted or his brain is just broken and he can't even if he wanted to.  He thinks what he does is really important,  most streamers know its a fun and cushy gig but he treats it like mining for coal.  Its just amazing.  We are entertained by the train-wreck that never seems to end and just keeps barreling down the track forever and ever with every new scandal or event even more stupid and outlandish than the last.  We are talking about a guy that considers marrying a girl and getting a cat is "having a family" here.  I love it and get laughs outta this stuff all the time.

Just a theory.

36 minutes ago, patchy said:

We are entertained by the train-wreck that never seems to end and just keeps barreling down the track forever and ever with every new scandal or event even more stupid and outlandish than the last.  We are talking about a guy that considers marrying a girl and getting a cat is "having a family" here.  I love it and get laughs outta this stuff all the time.

Yes it's the same for me. I love the train wreck too. But there are people who genuinely love his content and I don't get why. I mean he makes $100 to $200 in tips a day. So there are obviously people who love his content or else they wouldn't pay. 

But as much as I love the trainwreck and the salt and rage, admittedly it gets too much. The way he shits on his fans, his community. And the obvious lies. The begging on Paper mario broke it for me (among other things). It's to a point where it's just not funny.

Sorry if I'm getting too detractory but it's not fun anymore. I'm actually getting angry. That's why I don't watch his streams as much as I use to.

• Phil changed the title to Constructive Criticism Turned Into the "Bitch About How I'm Angry Phil Enjoyed Halloween" Thread
  • Phil locked this topic