The King of Hate Forums

Constructive Criticism Turned Into the "Bitch About How I'm Angry Phil Enjoyed Halloween" Thread

Blackspawn89

1 hour ago, MoraMoria said:

So if this is not a testament that proves the "Nomination-threads" serving as mere reminders/time-savers for him, nothing will. He decides "what's bad" and "what people wouldn't want to see", even after asking people about it.

I'm curious how things would work out if people simply refused to participate in the charade and let him just choose things himself. Too bad we won't ever get to see that.

On stream just now regarding forum:

"I don't read that nonsense" lol okay. Guess that goes to show what people here mean because apparently his feedback on stream was opposite of here.

You're all "disgusting, negative idiots" lol

Edited by Another_Derich

46 minutes ago, Another_Derich said:

"I don't read that nonsense" lol okay. Guess that goes to show what people here mean because apparently his feedback on stream was opposite of here.

That happens because he just bans anyone who would dare criticize him on stream. So you're only left with people who either don't voice their disappointment, who Phil assumes are joking and actually like it because he trusts them, and people who just blindly praise everything he does.

Just saw that snippet of the prestream, absolute garbage. Way to discredit people who put some serious thought into constructive criticism of your event. I'm not some sock puppet account, I barely if at all even make threads on this deserted forum. A lot of people like Moira put thought into the polling and help you out and there are tons of other people who make fanart, emotes etc. for you to benefit off of. Absolute arrogance. Rather than victim blame on the prestream, why don't you actually respond back?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

I always try to be fair to everyone.

If Phil wants to refute anything in here, go ahead, until then I'm out of this thread.

I think plenty of people are fair here, we don't talk about his wife or family but focus on him and his content. I even gave Phil credit before when he deserves it:

But for him to just discredit everyone here who bothered to speak their mind for better or for worse is crazy. 2 year subscriber in the past to his Twitch and supported his patreon but because I thought the event could have been done so much better, that makes me an idiot? It's the stuff they do ages ago, call someone crazy and looney to discredit them to save face for the others.

1 hour ago, Another_Derich said:

I didn't watch today's prestream. I'm trying to pull myself out of the dsp vortex. I still check in every now and then particularly when tips are low to watch him beg and chastise his audience. I like the salt honestly.

But did he really say that. Lol.

"I don't read that nonsense". Was he talking about the TKoH forums. HIS fucking forum!!

LOL.

1 hour ago, babymngaming456 said:

Just riding the train.

Reveal hidden contents

train.jpg.5df6ede74fd7ce5a9fedc151dd610c3e.jpg

LOL. I'm not a fan or a troll but you guys have my sympathy. Especially mora moria. I think I saw him/her on the stream a while back. And phill just ignored. Feelsbadman.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, masterxeon2002 said:

Maybe if you said how you'd make it better instead of just shit on everything he might listen to you.

Just a few things in no particular order:

• Save Little Hope for the marathon instead of insisting on day one views, and play through the whole thing in one sitting
  • Prerecord the DSP Tries It and play it during a break instead of taking an hour to go get it
  • Don't take nominations just to ignore them and pick whatever he wants
  • Take shorter breaks
  • Make sure to have an OBS scene for each game ready ahead time instead of setting things up on the day
  • Look into the multitude of indie horror games available just about everywhere
Edited by ShinraRecruit

Maybe if you said how you'd make it better instead of just shit on everything he might listen to you.

No. Like I said earlier I've been watching for a few months and I've seen it go down the same way each and every time. Like the Vestival. Same complaints.

I've watched some of his older stuff from years back and it's all the same. Like the skytruth was saying he hasn't changed and never will.

It's madness at this point.

But I am curious though what's the allure. What do you enjoy about his streams? As someone who's not a fan what is it about DSP that has you guys stuck on him for so long?

9 hours ago, Blackspawn89 said:

I think most of us expect less from Phil but it doesn't mean we should not stray away from pointing this out and holding him accountable that there is a decent part of his fanbase that questions why it was being done a certain way and hold him at a certain standard. This is his what? 6th year of this Marathon and he still has issues that he can be pardoned from maybe in year 1? These are such fixable mistakes too, it's just baffling. Just because we aren't throwing 100 dollar bombs doesn't mean we didn't or have yet to contribute yet either. He asks how to make his brand better and he is getting the advice here, whether he wants it or not is a whole other debate. 

The thing is, he won't change because he makes bank doing what he currently does, most content creators when they make 10% the money Phil makes, use it to reinvest and improve their content. they have a zest to improve their quality for their fans. Phil is the literal opposite, and too be honest I don't blame him. The classic "if it aint broke dont fix it".

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Planettenon said:

But I am curious though what's the allure. What do you enjoy about his streams? As someone who's not a fan what is it about DSP that has you guys stuck on him for so long?

That is one of the most interesting things about all this to me. 

I have many thoughts on why but recently I have been thinking part of it is escapism for some of us.  When you see how seriously Phil and even the fans and detractors take such a completely ridiculous thing (Phil's "gaming career")... it helps you forget about all the serious things going on in reality and our lives that are usually much more complicated and serious than anything to do with Phil. 

Yet he always plays it straight... he actually takes himself seriously.  He never will "embrace the meme" because he is too diluted or his brain is just broken and he can't even if he wanted to.  He thinks what he does is really important,  most streamers know its a fun and cushy gig but he treats it like mining for coal.  Its just amazing.  We are entertained by the train-wreck that never seems to end and just keeps barreling down the track forever and ever with every new scandal or event even more stupid and outlandish than the last.  We are talking about a guy that considers marrying a girl and getting a cat is "having a family" here.  I love it and get laughs outta this stuff all the time.

Just a theory.

36 minutes ago, patchy said:

We are entertained by the train-wreck that never seems to end and just keeps barreling down the track forever and ever with every new scandal or event even more stupid and outlandish than the last.  We are talking about a guy that considers marrying a girl and getting a cat is "having a family" here.  I love it and get laughs outta this stuff all the time.

Yes it's the same for me. I love the train wreck too. But there are people who genuinely love his content and I don't get why. I mean he makes $100 to $200 in tips a day. So there are obviously people who love his content or else they wouldn't pay. 

But as much as I love the trainwreck and the salt and rage, admittedly it gets too much. The way he shits on his fans, his community. And the obvious lies. The begging on Paper mario broke it for me (among other things). It's to a point where it's just not funny.

Sorry if I'm getting too detractory but it's not fun anymore. I'm actually getting angry. That's why I don't watch his streams as much as I use to.

43 minutes ago, TheZipperDragon said:

imagine ordering a dish at a restaurant, then 98% of your meal doesn't show up cause the restaurant owner doesn't know how to cook it

Didn't DSP want to open a restaurant at one point? Lol no need to imagine, what you mentioned is how it'd go down.

Edited by FloydMayweather

50 minutes ago, TheSkyTruth said:

2. Too much time on your hands

This explains me perfectly. I'm unemployed so I have a fuck ton of time on my hands. I used to watch his streams daily as well as TIHUDP stuff. As I've said before I'm not a fan. Never was and never will be. 

But 1 and 3 doesn't explain people like Kinggoken, Upscaledman, Goldenc or Yoshinolover. They seem to actually enjoy him and his content and from what I can tell do not have mental issues.

I just don't get it.

If you're not there for the drama, the salt, the rage or the attention. And you don't have mental issues. What are you there for?

What about Dsp is worth $83 for a live unban?

Made this account after hearing that god-awful prestream. I think it's disgusting how he keeps lying and downplaying any and all criticism towards his content. Nobody wanted him to rage quit TF2 in less than an hour, nobody wanted 2-3 hours of an on going game, etc, he needs to get it through his head that the amount of money he gets from a handful of people is not an indicator of how much of a majority of people are enjoying the stream or not, but his pride doesn't allow it. He also might as well get rid of the forums since he's expecting it to be as much of a hugbox as he thinks the stream chat is. Pride is going to continue to be the death of him if he doesn't get his act together, it's stunting his growth and the enjoyment factor of the stream, I still can't believe a guy who made 300 Us dollars that day didn't have 20 before hand to buy a game he clearly wanted to play (Corpse Killer 25th Anniversary) that is just insulting and pathetic, not to mention every other marathon lately he makes special note to "not replay games" yet here was Dino Crisis (from the beginning) since he already owned. It's just sad to see this is what dsp has become in 2020.

4 hours ago, babymngaming456 said:

Hide contents

Upscaledman's Twitter profile openly said 'certified autist'.

I guess you didn't experience Kinggoken during the Youtube streams. The obsession with banning everyone was not healthy.

Yoshinolover, looking at the name and Twitter says a lot. A guy who's obsessed with a 13yo anime loli girl. So much he makes his Internet persona based on her.

Goldencolt's stupid cheers aren't exactly a sign of intelligence. But he has no self awareness to realize that.

This is only the people you mentioned.

Oh boy. Ok then forget Upscaledman and Yoshinolover but Kinggoken banning needlessly doesn't say much if anything at all. From my time on the streams, he was probably the best of the mods.

Goldencolts stupid cheers mean little. He probably does it to get a reaction from Phil.

I am guessing by your answer that you are not autistic, not a child, and not out for attention. You were a fan once and very little has changed in his content from then to now. What did you like about it? Why still watch?

Maybe as fans you can start from there. Tell him what you like and hopefully does more of it.

I ask also because Blackspawn's criticisms are for how the event was managed (time management, etc) but my criticism is of a more fundamental nature.

He's just not good.

He blames everything on external forces and not his lack of skill (Lag and dropped inputs), burps into the mic intentionally and at every chance he gets; treats every game like a platformer or collection quest (my god that 2nd Batman Asylum playthrough), and like it's mah jahb.

There are gamers out there who are bad at games, like Dashie, but yet I enjoy their playthroughs way more. Why? Because they don't do any of the above, at least not to the extent phill does. And they're LIKABLE.

They don't go on 2 hour long rants about other streamers. They don't shit on their fans (Swagginz Re2), or lie and guilt trip them to tip (I have a major gripe about this).

If DSP had managed his time perfectly and done all that you guys had suggested , what then? The highlight of the stream was TF2. Why? Because of the trolls. I haven't laughed like that on a DSP stream in a while. 

In my opinion going forward he needs to embrace it. Imagine if for TF2 he had played it up. Lulz.

4 hours ago, babymngaming456 said:

Now you know why people started to call him the King of Hate.

Reveal hidden contents

Because of his "honest" and unpopular opinions. Of course.

There's also a good reason why people call it the autism vortex.

Nobody but deranged trolls who don't know the meaning of autism call it that.

What a way to reveal yourself as a DSP troll.

Nobody but deranged trolls who don't know the meaning of autism call it that.

What a way to reveal yourself as a DSP troll.

I think "autism vortex" is pretty common saying even outside the dspshere. I get why you would take offence to it especially when autism is a serious issue. Either way I think I'm probably the closest to a troll than anyone here. I don't have a problem with people here thinking I am. Like I said I'm not a fan of the guy like you all seem to be.

I think you're just doing what dsp does and painting with a very wide brush to negate whatever valid criticism is levied at DSP in this thread.

And in case you haven't noticed a LOT of Dsp's fans are trolls

Edited by Planettenon

The hilarious part about all of this, is that the same 10 negative people (posting under multiple logins and sock accounts, because many of them were banned in the past) think that by making threads like this over and over, I'll care.

Vast majority of feedback I got from non-troll viewers was the event was great, but had too much dead time in between stuff (I agree, that fucking Wendy's wait killed the vibe) and they wished I'd played more games (and again I agree, I didn't know there was nearly 3 hours left in Little Hope, or that it would take me 2 damn hours to film the DSP Tries It).

ONLY trolls like the Team Fortress 2 segment because of planned trolling to fuck it up, which they think worked. I wasn't affected by it at all, but mostly from stream viewers screaming that the game was old/boring and wanting Dino Crisis, which is why I only played it for 45 minutes.

Insulting my stream regulars who are contributors, some being ridiculed for their handicaps, just goes to show what kind of people you miserable fucks are, and why I'll never, EVER listen to your "feedback" because it was absolutely correct when someone said:

"Phil won't listen to you, because you aren't his target audience."

That's 100% right. My target audience are positive people who want to enjoy gaming and life. Not people who want to sit on the internet all day and anonymously shit on others.

I played games all day, wore 2 costumes, had a ton of fun on a stream with hundreds if not thousands of viewers over the course of the day. AND I made some money doing it. You sat there, watching, complaining and bitching, then wasted more time to whine about it in this thread. None of which I'm going to listen to.

Who's the loser here?

• Phil changed the title to Constructive Criticism Turned Into the "Bitch About How I'm Angry Phil Enjoyed Halloween" Thread
  • Phil locked this topic