The King of Hate Forums

DSP Voice notes on Twitter are Hilarious

I dont know why they make me laugh, maybe its because its completely unnecessary (maybe for accessibility reasons? idk). Between this and his ridiculously long pre-stream....the one yesterday was 2 hours long...  does Phil love the sound of his own voice? lol or maybe he's just bored. 

Edited by FloydMayweather
  • FloydMayweather changed the title to DSP Voice notes on Twitter are Hilarious
6 hours ago, FloydMayweather said:

does Phil love the sound of his own voice?

Yes.

5 hours ago, babymngaming456 said:

People describe it like this. He doesn't talk to his viewers, he talks at his viewers, like a parent talking at his children.

Exactly.

5 hours ago, babymngaming456 said:

The terrible way he dealt with Phildrastic is a perfect example.

I really hope that was SH or some troll because that was painful to watch. It was also odd because of how it went down. Is it normal for a streamer to have access to credit card info? I was watching on a restream and from what I was told it's not. And even if it is, is that safe?

7 hours ago, FloydMayweather said:

(maybe for accessibility reasons? idk)

I've noticed that @Phil doesn't use the alt="" attribute, (for accessibility purposes), on his images, so probably that's not the reason.

Twitter lets you change that attribute by "adding a description", which gives text to the image in case it cannot be displayed, or if a Screen Reader is used.

Description.thumb.jpg.03c5e9cab8b3c662ca78a5914e042576.jpg

The end result is this, if you want to check it up. Good for photos that can't have a description on the Tweet itself, if you have visually impaired viewers, (I believe the description limit is 1000 characters).

AltAlt.png.51a5e5657467a1089e1f376b75a3511d.png

Edited by MoraMoria
38 minutes ago, babymngaming456 said:

@TheSkyTruth said the fans have mental issues and you @Planettenon couldn't see how.

Well. Those people listen to nonsense like this daily. And they actually believe these things. Literally the only people who would take such things at face value are ones who aren't mentally sound. There has to be something seriously wrong with your head if you believe things like this, and that on daily basis.

I know some of his fans are like that. All streamers have fans like that. That's normal. I just don't think all his fans are like that and can't understand why the ones who aren't tolerate his shit. Just to clarify.

1 hour ago, babymngaming456 said:

I'm sorry but DSP is COMPLETELY deluded if he thinks the reason why Sony/Microsoft don't give him a console is because "he keeps it real and won't tow the company line"

The reason why they won't give DSP a console is either of these 2 things:

1. They have no clue who DSP is (the best option for DSP) all his stuff about millions of views on YT means nothing if your channel averages less than 500 views a video. 12 year legacy means fuck all in this situation.

2. They know who DSP is, and their PR team (who is more than likely young and the most likely option because of the Xbox Roast Tweet) is aware of not only the negativity surrounding him but the fapping incident along with all the compilations on YT of him saying obscene and disgusting things, none of this stuff is recent in Phil's defence but it won't stop them from taking a hands off approach because of the backlash.

While it is true that Sony and Microsoft are giving consoles away to people who are "safe" and "mainstream", an example would be Microsoft giving Xbox Series X's to the biggest Xbox fanboys on YT. This is not the case with DSP, I'm genuinely concerned that he fills his head with this fake reality that he's some trailblazer that everyone fears because his honesty. Stop get some help, remember that State of Decay tweet? He literally thought was in the right, probably smiling ear to ear when he pressed enter. Until he was clobbered back to reality.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, babymngaming456 said:

Well. Those people listen to nonsense like this daily. And they actually believe these things

I don't know why Phil has it stuck in his head that accepting early review codes and embargoes means you need to kiss the game's ass.

I've been a content creator on YouTube and Twitch for about 10 years now. I'm very small potatoes but as Phil says, I still get tons of request to cover games. Mostly indies but some bigger companies as well. I honestly cannot recall a time an embargo has ever said I could only give positive or neutral feedback. I'm sure it happens, especially with some companies (coughcoughcoughEAcoughUbisoftcough) but from what I've seen, it's the exception, not the rule. I mention good and bad about games I get codes for and never have I felt that I got blacklisted for it.

Now, I have seen some stipulations which state you can't focus on bugs, exploits, etc. Not that you couldn't mention them at all, but like you couldn't just focus on it, do it over and over, etc. 

In regards to embaros, most of them are about what content you can cover and when. For example, some companies will ask that you only show up to, say, the end of Act 1 of a game before a specific date. Many will say you have to wait until a certain date but after that you can go as far into the game as you want.  Others will state that you can do stream/let's play style content of the game on X date, but you can't give it a full fledged review until Y date.

Coverage that the company is paying you for directly is a different story. I've not done one of those but I'm guessing these may have more stipulations.

TL;DR

Getting review codes generally does not mean you cannot say bad things about the game. Usually it's just "Please do not talk about this game at all until this date. After that, give your honest opinions."

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, babymngaming456 said:

The irony is he only wants literal shills around himself.

I think this shines through in the overall quality of his streams (he needs to start being motivated into improving it i.e. adding green screens and less gibberish on prestreams) anyway its such a weird symbiotic relationship he has with trolls. Most of the donations and viewership/outreach is from trolls giving him money or making YT videos I think he knows that. If they were to cease to exist who knows where DSP would be.

Had to turn off nudity in AC Valhalla because people (only he) act extremely immature when seeing a nipple.

I remember his Horizon Zero Dawn playthrough where was making nipple jokes non stop, it was a yikes from me dog. It goes to my initial point about improving the quality of the streams, there comes a point where you evolve and not make jokes like that.

I thought the voice notes were supposed to be for SuperBlindMan. But as @MoraMoria pointed out, Phil is not using the alt text that works with screen readers. It could be that he forgot but it also could be he doesn't even know that is something that can be done. Its hard to say what the point of the voice memo is but I'll say that it seems to at least be an attempt to improve?

My own theory is not just that Phil likes the sound of his own voice because I think he does and that he is a naturally bloviating person. I'm under the impression that Phil is just so isolated compared to many other people that he can't help but talk endlessly on prestream. They are hitting 2 hours long because he wants to talk about things and repeat them ad nauseam. We have heard the same kinds of rants over and over at this point. He doesn't have friends he goes and talks to about things so he talks to his viewers and tells them all things he read on Twitter and his thoughts on them, all the minor details of a day off that he had, and talking about all the things that bother him and make him angry. And it is because he doesn't have any other outlet aside from the people who are there to see him play a game. Then again, I'm not psychologist so I won't claim that is some great analysis of him. It just a thought on why he keeps extending the prestream that the "silent majority" (lol) ask him to do.

He hates people who are positive. He loathes positive content creators. Everyone positive is a shill. He's proud of himself for being honest. Heavily implying being honest means being negative.

But when people are honest towards him (Halloween marathon criticism for example), then they are all stupid, negative assholes. He only wants positive people around himself. He hates honest people. The irony is he only wants literal shills around himself.

This is something I have noticed as well. He has conflated honesty with being negative and poorly critical and things positivity is shilling. By the way, he doesn't watch other content creators (his words) so how does he know how others are reacting to games and news? While he says he is positive, fun, and chill there is nothing about those adjectives that jives with saying "this game sucks" or "fuck <insert developer>, and I mean it too". Other streamers don't have that same ire he has towards developers and games and when they are critical, its in a more respectful way and it is honest. His negativity might be honest for him because that is just who he is overall but it doesn't hold true for other people.

---------

By the way, somehow SuperBlindMan is different from the rest of the early access people because he is reviewing it for accessibility for disabled games? Why wouldn't the same logic apply for SBM? How come Phil is not saying "SuperBlindMan is going to review it positively so he can stay in Sony's good graces and get free games like The Last of Us 2 for free under the pretense of accessibility review"? Change it up the other way and all the other content creators are now reviewing the console for entertainment value, functionality, fun, enjoyment, etc.

People like something does not make them a "shill". People not shitting all over something does not make them a "shill". People who disagree with you are not automatically "shills". Sometimes people have different opinions and that is fine because reviews are subjective. Levying accusations that no one else is trustworthy is peculiar, awful, and likely not going to work all that well. That fake reality that @FloydMayweather mentioned is very real and very dangerous. Its similar to how people see conspiracy theories and convince themselves that it is the truth and then contort things to fit into that narrative.

43 minutes ago, Another_Derich said:

He doesn't have friends 

This is really the only logical conclusion to the long pre-streams and constant barrage of voice notes on Twitter, it got me thinking... if he had literally ONE friend... prestreams would probably last 3-5 minutes. IF this is the case, it makes me feel pity him, imagine waiting all day to tell people online how your day went because nobody else will listen. This tends not only be a Phil thing, but I see it happen all over Twitch and live streaming.

This forced me to consume his product through YouTube, which is ideal way to watch his stuff (you can pick and choose what you want) the elongated prestreams are probably a mix of lonelyness and monetary. He probably makes a reasonable amount of tips during it because he's directly talking to the chat, so it gives him more motivation to do it every day. 

Some of the motivation needs to be re-directed to the quality of life improvements of the stream, but like Phil said before in this forum people who want this aren't the target audience. 

3 hours ago, Another_Derich said:

By the way, somehow SuperBlindMan is different from the rest of the early access people because he is reviewing it for accessibility for disabled games? Why wouldn't the same logic apply for SBM? How come Phil is not saying "SuperBlindMan is going to review it positively so he can stay in Sony's good graces and get free games like The Last of Us 2 for free under the pretense of accessibility review"? Change it up the other way and all the other content creators are now reviewing the console for entertainment value, functionality, fun, enjoyment, etc.

Because SBM is a "positive contributor" (gives money no questions attached). And he's blind, so Phil cant run his mouth like he does with other streamers like Ninja. Wont be a good look.

43 minutes ago, babymngaming456 said:

It's ironic that SBM falls into the same category of people Phil hates so much.

Phil falls into the same category of people Phil hates so much.

• Like 1

How was the PS5 unboxing any different from the shills? I honestly didn't see a difference. Even the tweets don't sound any different from the "shills".

It was fine if you're a dsp fan I suppose. The only highlight for me was when he dropped the controller and scratched it. I was hoping for more but nothing really happened.

1 hour ago, FloydMayweather said:

I remember when he did that, Ninja found out and DSP started to apologize profusely on Twitter. 

I thought DSP kept it real and honest?

Viscant.

59 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

Could you refresh my memory about that incident?

This is what I remember: DSP was making fun of Ninja, about his hair, and him behaving like a clown for children for views. Really gross and defamatory stuff. 

Someone donated to Ninja and told him. And Ninja said something to the effect of "I'll handle it". This was relayed back to DSP and he went into serious panic mode and started apologizing to Ninja all over twitter, writing detailed threads about how he needs to change.

In my opinion he only apologized because he saw Ninja's reaction, the old "not sorry that he did it but that he got caught". What he said about Ninja IS WHO DSP REALLY IS. 

Other than a voice tweet being hilarious, I found another tweet of Phil's to be hilarious.

It is funny that he somehow does not see that the two statements he is attributing to Phil Spencer aren't actually mutually exclusive. The console gaming market has been shrinking overall but even when there is a shrinking of the market at large, a company can still have a product still be their best selling. Whether it be by profit, unit sales, or whatever; it still works.

Edited by Another_Derich
1 hour ago, FloydMayweather said:

This is what I remember: DSP was making fun of Ninja, about his hair, and him behaving like a clown for children for views. Really gross and defamatory stuff. 

Someone donated to Ninja and told him. And Ninja said something to the effect of "I'll handle it". This was relayed back to DSP and he went into serious panic mode and started apologizing to Ninja all over twitter, writing detailed threads about how he needs to change.

In my opinion he only apologized because he saw Ninja's reaction, the old "not sorry that he did it but that he got caught". What he said about Ninja IS WHO DSP REALLY IS. 

Thank you for the response.

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, TheSkyTruth said:

Yes. Listen to this for a minute thirty or listen to his prestream with the exact same information but featuring bait questions and rants with bonus burps and snorts for two hours. Pick your poison or get banned.

Exactly thats whats odd about it, he has a 2 hour stream every day talking about this....getting a hobby would go a long way for Mr Burnell.