The King of Hate Forums

Accidental melee, thumbstick too sensitive

I looked into this. It seems to be a common issue. It mostly happens in tense gunfights. Exactly like Phil (it happened to him all the time in Apex too, so not just the issue with his PS5). I noticed that this is where it mostly happens, enemy appears, he panic fires, gets melee instead. It's obvious this happens because of mashing the buttons.

The main reason is that people clench their fingers too much. It also seems that the sticks on Playstation controllers might be a bit sensitive in general. PS4 and PS5 controllers use exactly the same analog sticks.

The only solutions are train yourself to not mash the thumbstick or re-map buttons.

It's easy to test if the thumbstick is too sensitive. Just press the thumbstick until you get melee. You can feel the pressure needed. If you feel the pressure is high enough but you still get random melee when playing, then you are just mashing the buttons too hard.

You can use the PS4 controller on PS5 to play PS4 games. Also this:

If you think the analog is faulty because the thumbstick is a bit lower, you can open the controller and have a better look.

Edited by babymngaming456

lol broke his controller already

35 minutes ago, babymngaming456 said:

He'll just say, "I can't wait for Sony to fix my controller. My streaming audience needs me to play PS5 games right away and I don't have time to wait."

1 hour ago, KGhaleon said:

lol broke his controller already

Claims it happens constantly. I don't see it. It's probably the same as when one guy says something, it means everyone says it. When something happens 2 times, it means it happened a million times. Everything unusual is a glitch. Walking off/missing a platform means clipping through it.

It probably happened like 5 times in 3 hours, that would mean it happens all the time. This was constantly happening in Apex. He even says "during firefights". So it just means he's mashing.

1 hour ago, KGhaleon said:

He'll just say, "I can't wait for Sony to fix my controller. My streaming audience needs me to play PS5 games right away and I don't have time to wait."

You are too late. Why care when you have people like OIC.

2 hours ago, babymngaming456 said:

Claims it happens constantly. I don't see it. It's probably the same as when one guy says something, it means everyone says it. When something happens 2 times, it means it happened a million times. Everything unusual is a glitch. Walking off/missing a platform means clipping through it.

Maybe its just him fucking sucking ass in the game? Everybody knows he goes into panic mode and button mashes in Street Fighter when he's losing, maybe this is the same thing? Or maybe this is some plot to get a second controller for his wife? Or maybe the PS5 controller is actually fucking garbage? All could be true.

Who knows with this guy. You never know what's the truth. You usually need another source to verify whatever comes out of his mouth, and at that point, what's the point of even watching him..

Why does he not contact Sony to send him a new controller? He said he could get a free PS5 if he just asked Sony, but he refused to ask for one because he's not a shill.

30 minutes ago, Planettenon said:

Does this issue come up with other games? If not then it has to be his fault. It cant be a controller issue if it only happens in COD right?

No. But it should have.

• Spider-Man Miles Morales: R3 - Show Objective
  • Demon's Souls PS5: R3 - Camera Reset / Lock-On
  • Bugsnax: R3 - Equip SnaxScope (a camera)
  • Assassin's Creed Valhalla: R3 - Odin Sight (hold)/Lock on Target (click)

People only have this issue with (multiplayer) shooters.

13 minutes ago, Planettenon said:

Wait so this is a common issue or sarcasm?

There seem to be a lot of people complaining about it. It's from pressing on the thumbstick too hard. When you try to shoot, you clench your fingers and press R3. It mostly happens in firefights. Could be older/fat people, people with disabilities who don't have a good sense of force.

When Phil was playing COD CW campaign, you could see he's often holding down R3 for several seconds (crouching), claiming he isn't doing it. Then it somehow fixed itself once he was out of the firefights.

But (probably) OIC ordered him the new controller.

25 minutes ago, babymngaming456 said:

There seem to be a lot of people complaining about it. It's from pressing on the thumbstick too hard. When you try to shoot, you clench your fingers and press R3. It mostly happens in firefights. Could be older/fat people, people with disabilities who don't have a good sense of force.

So basically the PS5 controller is too sensitive for "intense COD play". Guess they'll fix that issue in a couple weeks to months. What's sad is the PS4 controller is identical to the PS5 one but for some stupid reason the PS4 controller only works on the PS5 when PS4 games are being played??? What kind of shit is that?!? 

Edited by TheSkyTruth
6 hours ago, babymngaming456 said:

But (probably) OIC ordered him the new controller.

What?! Bro buy your own damn controller.

6 hours ago, babymngaming456 said:

Ok. So he has a semi legit problem then.

On 11/21/2020 at 10:58 AM, babymngaming456 said:

You are too late. Why care when you have people like OIC.

You gotta love the responsibility DSP completely avoids, he breaks something.. then just asks someone to buy it him the replacement LOL.

Again I dont blame him, its just odd way to live life at 38 years old.