The King of Hate Forums

Christmas 2020 Marathon Games Nomination Thread!

You know the drill! Please nominate games you'd like to see during my Christmas marathon, tentatively scheduled for Wednesday, December 23rd!

Games that are digestible, quick to get into good/fun stuff, and inexpensive are FAR more likely to be played than something that's drawn-out, slow to get through an intro, or expensive.

I'll be using this thread as a guideline on what games to play outside of a couple of multiplayer games that I'm already set to play during this event!

Thanks and good luck!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ice Age: Scrat's Nutty Adventure for the PS4, Xbox One, or Nintendo Switch. It's a holiday game because it has some holiday worlds in the game. It's $15 dollars

Game Dev Tycoon - Phil should make his own games if he wants to criticize other devs. Seriously tho, it's got easy pick up and play gameplay and has a silly tone to it. Tetris Effect - Simple arc

Doesn't stop him from loving Bugsnax and Fall Guys, the most meme crap games.

Shadow the Hedgehog Xbox/PS2/GameCube. It's a memey game. It's not necessarily that bad, but the controls are ass along with some jank missions.

Toy Story 2: Buzz Lightyear to the Rescue PS1/PC. Weird janky collectathon. Kinda nostalgic. I've seen some speedruns start getting traction on it so it might be getting popular? Rereleased on PS3 for digital download allegedly?

The Quiet Man part 2

Cat Mario. https://int3.github.io/open-syobon-action.js/

No particular order. Shadow I feel would be a good 100%* playthrough (aka True End) but who knows.

Edited by Rune
1 minute ago, ColdZero87 said:

Play Hades.

1 minute ago, ColdZero87 said:

Play Hades.

I don't like that game

1 minute ago, Rune said:

Shadow the Hedgehog Xbox/PS2/GameCube. It's a memey game. It's not necessarily that bad, but the controls are ass along with some jank missions.

Toy Story 2: Buzz Lightyear to the Rescue PS1/PC. Weird janky collectathon. Kinda nostalgic. I've seen some speedruns start getting traction on it so it might be getting popular? Rereleased on PS3 for digital download allegedly?

The Quiet Man part 2

Cat Mario. https://int3.github.io/open-syobon-action.js/

No particular order. Shadow I feel would be a good 100%* playthrough (aka True End) but who knows.

I like it

Game Dev Tycoon - Phil should make his own games if he wants to criticize other devs. Seriously tho, it's got easy pick up and play gameplay and has a silly tone to it.

Tetris Effect - Simple arcade action that can be started and stopped whenever during a marathon.

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - Phil owns this already with the Hitman HD Collection, and it doesn't take long to get into the real game. 15 minutes tops if you let all the cutscenes play out and adjust the menus, then you're in your first mission. Phil playing stealth games is always fun, this game is a classic, and it'd be cool to see him experience how far the series has come once he plays Hitman 3.

Cooking Simulator (on PC/Steam) - If he won't do Poorly Cookin' With the King then do the next best thing. It's a decent game on its own and it'd be fun to watch. Not technically performance intensive either.

Pure Chess - The chess community has been taking off lately, so Phil's forays into it would be interesting. He could play against AI or other humans.

Edited by PantslessPeasant
  • Like 2

Ice Climber (NES -- Available on Switch with Nintendo Switch Online Subscription)

Overwatch (Winter Wonderland 2020 Event)

Arcade Archives: Frogger (PS4/Switch)

Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Winter Festival Event)

Double Switch 25th Anniversary Edition (PS4/Switch -- The Traps in the hotel are kinda like in Home Alone, so it fits, right? Screw it, I just want to see you revisit this game.)

Animal Crossing: New Horizon (Winter Festival Event)

Double Switch 25h Anniversary (Playstation 4/Nintendo Switch) The 25th Anniversary was back in 2018, it's kinda like a mix of Home Alone and Night Trap 

The Nightmare Before Christmas: Oogie's Revenge (Xbox or Playstation 2)

(Winter Wonderland 2020 Event for Overwatch) I would like to see you return to Overwatch for 1 stream on PS4.

Sam & Max Episode 201: Ice Station Santa on Steam or Xbox 360

Black friday sales are happening right now, so if you're gonna buy any games now is the ideal time to be doing that.

I know he won't play it, but Astrobot rescue mission is $10 right now and probably one of the greatest VR platformer ever made.

Full length Astro bot game.

Mortal Kombat 11 multiplayer online

Superman 64 ... use an emulator. ezpz

Wutang vs Shaolin 2  ... Homegrown fighter with movie martial artists (characters played by Jackie Chan, Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris, Jet Li, Van Damme, etc.)  Like $13 on steam right now. https://store.steampowered.com/app/1217050/Shaolin_vs_Wutang_2/

Cursed Castilla EX ... Super Ghouls n Ghosts like game. Unlimited Continues, not as hard as the GnG series IMO. $5 on steam https://steamcommunity.com/app/534290

Pure Chess ... This suggestion made sounds really cool.

Edited by heavingearth
links
  • Phil locked, unfeatured and unpinned this topic