The King of Hate Forums

UPDATE: Ask the King Ep. 85: NOW March 4, 2021

Hey Phil, I have 2 completely different questions for this episode of Ask the King:

1) Would you ever consider playing both Double Switch and Night Trap again maybe when there's down time? Since both 25th Anniversaries are available on Nintendo Switch.

2) Did you ever go to Summer camp in the summer when you were younger? I sure did! I went all the time every Summer, We would do Arts & Crafts, playing games to earn points for our squads and there 4 different squads/teams, science experiments with Alka-Seltzer acid tablets, and my favourite the Field Trips like going to Woodie Woodchucks a local kids arcade for a very fun day earning tickets by using tokens and even going swimming at the swimming pool with friends I made from summer camp. 

Hey Phil, I’ve been a huge fan of your channel since I was 8 years old and I’m now 19 years old. I have a couple things to ask you.

1. What are your most anticipated games for 2021 

2. Have you ever considered doing a video where you can give us your top most favorite movies of all time 

3. Also what games have you played in your life you were so excited for and they turned out to be disappointing. 

• 2 weeks later...

Is the departure of Yoshinori Ono from Capcom good news or bad news for the Street Fighter franchise? Should the blame for the decline of the franchise in recent years fall squarely on him, or is he simply the fall guy for mistakes made by others at Capcom? Are you more relieved that he's gone, which could result in a new direction for the franchise, or are you more concerned that his departure could result in no more Street Fighter games at all?

• 1 month later...
  • Phil changed the title to UPDATE: Ask the King Ep. 85: NOW March 4, 2021

Taking semantics out of the equation, would you accept a 1 year contract with WWE to be a manager/GM? You’d make a bunch in the year but you’d have to be on the road a lot and take the occasional bump in a segment. 

Dear Phil,

Got two questions for you, sir.

As a full-time streamer, you are constantly bombarded with a plethora of games. This means that you rarely have time to replay games or delve deeper into a game due to time constraints.

My question for you is the following: if you were not a full-time streamer, what games would you be playing? Would you take time to master different fighting games? Would you find yourself replaying or diving deeper into games you've previously done playthroughs of? If so, which game(s)?

The reason I ask is because I vaguely remember you expressing interest in certain games; however, you didn't go through with it because they didn't lend themselves to streaming or they didn't resonate well with the audience.

Would you be interested in checking out Fantasy Strike? It's a simple fighting game with an extremely heavy focus on fundamentals. It's designed by an ex-Street Fighter developer, and I believe it's free on PS5 for online play. I've been finding it hard to put the game down because it's so addicting.

One thing that I don't think you would like is that special moves are 1 button so they are spammable but also very punishable. I believe 1 button specials were intended so that players wouldn't have to spend hours practicing execution and instead spend more time honing their fundamentals.

Thanks for the content!

-JRock

Hey Phil, been a huge fan of your channel since I was a kid. I have a few questions to ask you:

1. When you were a kid what were your to go to movies to watch as a kid and why were they so good to you

2. Why do you think that the pre orders for both the PS5 and Xbox Series X were a bit of a mess

3. And what games are you most anticipating for the rest of this year

On 2/24/2021 at 9:18 PM, Matthew2779 said:

Hey Phil, been a huge fan of your channel since I was a kid. I have a few questions to ask you:

1. When you were a kid what were your to go to movies to watch as a kid and why were they so good to you

2. Why do you think that the pre orders for both the PS5 and Xbox Series X were a bit of a mess

3. And what games are you most anticipating for the rest of this year

4. Also have you ever been recognized by anyone in public before or has this yet to happen to you?

Hey Phil. I've been watching you on and off for the entirety of your content creating career and I've wondered something recently.

Do you feel that because you only play games when you stream, that it makes you a bit jaded towards the types of games you play or are interested in? You only seem to care about the "big new releases" by the "top developers" and dismiss anything that is small time. Hearing you say "no one cares" just because its a game that you haven't heard of is a bit ridiculous when you call yourself a life long gamer. There are many games by smaller developers (not just indie) that are a lot better than the triple A titles. You also say things like "people only care about that game because there is nothing else to play" but that is nonsense. Again, you only seem to put worth on the mainstream and most popular games. Which is crazy because even with this logic you complain that nobody gave Bugsnax a fair shot when you do the same exact thing with other smaller games. You also talk way too much about games you haven't played. You say Splatoon 2 was "the exact same game" but it had a billion changes and additions to the game,  yet you praise call of duty.

Is this just the way you view things, or do you think that only playing games when you stream has made you this way?

What are your thoughts on stock market? have you ever thought getting involved? i am having many of my friends who are investing in stocks especially Cryptocurrency (bitcoin, etherum,..etc) and they are doing day to day trading with these Cryptocurrencies, and they making decent amount of profits. 

• Phil locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic