The King of Hate Forums

The Cyberpunk 2077 playthrough was a big ouch.

Look , I already know that the usual suspects will come out and say that he played it wrong, his build made no sense, he didn't pick hard which the game itself described as the ideal mode to really put the build to the test, he didn't even try to adopt a playstyle...

but here's the thing: they'd be right :D

Spoiler

Yes, the game has non-lethal instant takedowns from above, and you can unlock a perk that slows-down time when you're about to get spotted so that you can go hide more efficiently, but also increase damage in order to compensate for the damage decrease introduced by suppressors. But let's say you don't want to play Metal Gear Solid first person, you can slow down time at will a-la Max Payne if you spend points on the Reflexes talent and buy a specific cyberware mod.

And if you're into quickhacking you can greatly increase the number of quickhacks you can equip and use before you run out of ram , their effects, their restoration times and upload speed... and the combination of those factor will allow you to come up with interesting stuff, like bind that melee guy that's running towards you, blind that sniper, set that shotgunner on fire, put that netrunner to sleep etc...

So, even if you completely botch the character creation at the intro,  you'd think that someone who played enough RPGs would know that just because the game doesn't have classes, doesn't mean you can't forge one on your own.

The "you don't need it" argument is :huh: , especially in a game where the player's playstyle is what determines the fun factor, not the encounters. Just because the game gives you the freedom to do it right, you shouldn't expect it to stop you when you do it wrong.

Also , you just spent points looking at the immediatly accessible perks treating them like individual quality of life improvements, instead of looking at each talent tree as a whole without giving it a chance to prove its potential... or maybe you were afraid of missing out on perks because there's so many stuff of them, I don't know.

I'm afraid that in 40h you barely scratched the surface  :laugh:

Edited by kill-chan
typo
  • Like 1
Spoiler

He's playing on easy journo difficulty and the perks don't matter? I'm shocked. You think he understands what role playing means? He wants games to constantly hold his hand, like what he expects from his chat. If a game gives him choices, he will go for the easiest, most brain dead approach. But it's the game's fault. Though I agree that the game doesn't put any emphasis on the different play styles, at least from what I saw. It's more like a sandbox where you have to pick your style. He doesn't have the imagination for sandbox games (Minecraft, NMS). He just wants the game to hold his hand constantly. He wants it to be like watching a movie. That's why he likes those boring walking simulators. Where you just walk towards objects and press X. I watched a bit of Twin Mirror. I legit thought that it looks like a game if you wanted to make a game accessible to mentally handicapped people. Not trolling, this is how the gameplay looked to me.

Here's a good tip. If you want to watch good, entertaining gameplay, watch someone else. It's now just a cult for people who were confirmed to have autism (again, not trolling). Don't treat him like your friend. As he says, he's not your friend. The only people who still watch him pay him to be his friends. Find someone else if you watch for the gameplay. The games are now just a background noise for people with autism to have a place to spend their money. You might not like it, but this is the harsh reality. People should be able to openly say the truth without being afraid of being banned. Sorry for sounding toxic. But I feel that people should know the truth.

Edited by Higgs
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The playthrough, seemed doomed from the start. DSP was so dismissive of everything from the get go, which was a shame as there are some really interesting side quests (if you look for them).

I hope he does not treat Divinity Original Sin 2 in this way. Or it will definitely be a rage quit after the first area ...

39 minutes ago, 100gecs said:

The playthrough, seemed doomed from the start

He just copies Twitter's opinions. He made fun of people who were posting game bugs. While he was tweeting about every game bug he encountered. He hates the game for doing nothing new. While he praises AC Valhalla. Ghost of Tshushima was his favorite game, it was just an AC copy. He likes COD, he hates when COD does something new. He loved Little Hope, a very shitty Silent Hill ripoff. He wants a refund because of the bugs. He bought a wrestling game because it was full of bugs.

The main reason he hates it might be because it's too difficult for him. He constantly has problems figuring out what to do. He didn't like Watch Dogs Legion. Once he unlocked easy mode, constantly using drones, he suddenly started to like the game. I guarantee you he would like Cyberpunk if the game was brain dead easy.

39 minutes ago, 100gecs said:

I hope he does not treat Divinity Original Sin 2 in this way. Or it will definitely be a rage quit after the first area ...

He already seems to hate Divinity with a passion. You can tell every time someone asks him about it.

Edited by Higgs
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, 100gecs said:

You must be new lol. He treats every game the same.

36 minutes ago, Higgs said:

He already seems to hate Divinity with a passion. You can tell every time someone asks him about it.

I can't wait for Divinity. It's the only thing that will draw me back into the dsphere. If you thought Cyberpunk was bad...

39 minutes ago, planettenon4 said:

You must be new lol. He treats every game the same.

Haha. I think that DSP will usually delve into RPGs and do most of the side quests. However with CP2077 he seem to have dismissed everything without even attempting to understand it. Like how he ignored the skill tree and just dump points into whatever cos he thought there was too much options. Idk maybe he does this all the time lol 

8 minutes ago, 100gecs said:

Like how he ignored the skill tree and just dump points into whatever cos he thought there was too much options. Idk maybe he does this all the time lol 

It requires thinking. That's the issue. So many games instantly become shit once he's required to use a tiny bit of common sense.

51 minutes ago, planettenon4 said:

I can't wait for Divinity. It's the only thing that will draw me back into the dsphere. If you thought Cyberpunk was bad...

I watched a bit of the last Cyberpunk stream. It was fun to see how terrible he is at it, but it got boring fast. It's the same shit you saw a million times. How many times can you listen to: "I don't know what to do?", "What do I do?", "Someone tell me what to do?" While he runs around and does the same things that didn't work the first time. Then one of the cult members drops $50 to make him happy again. Same thing every day. How many times can you watch a guy banging his head against a wall while special people throw money at him?

19 minutes ago, 100gecs said:

I think that DSP will usually delve into RPGs and do most of the side quests.

He might be afraid of losing money with Divinity. The "business expenses" don't pay for themselves.

• Like 1

I understand if he doesn't like long playthroughs, he only plays them if it's going to get him views which = $$$, they are oftentimes AAA titles.

He's played other stuff like Morrowind, Oblivion, etc but quits them as soon as viewership dips. He's not playing them because he wants to.

It's really pointless to complain about the gameplay. All that matters are the (non) mandatory numbers on the top of the screen. $5,000 of business expenses is a lot. But it all goes to stream improvements.

@KGhaleon

You aren't supposed to say the truth, that's toxic. You have to do it like the Twitch mods, only talk shit behind his back. The mod chat leaks show he treats them like his only friends. So he can't get rid of them even if they make fun of him. Besides them being the only people dumb enough to do such ungrateful job for free. Well, they are stupid enough to pay to do that job.

4 hours ago, 100gecs said:

Idk maybe he does this all the time lol 

Yes he does. ALL THE TIME.

3 hours ago, Higgs said:

It was fun to see how terrible he is at it, but it got boring fast. It's the same shit you saw a million times. How many times can you listen to: "I don't know what to do?", "What do I do?", "Someone tell me what to do?" While he runs around and does the same things that didn't work the first time.

You've perfectly encapsulated my experience in the dsp vortex. Yes it's fun to see dsp bungle his way thru video games and life in general but for how long? Every stream really is the same: "What do I do?", "It's the lag", "I pressed the button", "Move didn't come out", "I really need the help guys". It wears on you very quickly. Add that to how he treats people both in the past and present and he becomes unbearable.

2 hours ago, Higgs said:

The mod chat leaks show he treats them like his only friends

Because they are.

• Upvote 1
31 minutes ago, planettenon4 said:

You've perfectly encapsulated my experience in the dsp vortex. It wears on you very quickly. Add that to how he treats people both in the past and present and he becomes unbearable.

ProJared perfectly described how you should treat DSP.

"I took a wrong turn on in the internet and ended up reading DSP hilarity haha WHOOPS"

Just look at the stupidity, laugh at it and move on. Don't try to get too close. Definitely don't become a fan, or try to help him, or become his friend. It's all futile. It's just an autistic cult.

2 minutes ago, Higgs said:

ProJared perfectly described how you should treat DSP.

"I took a wrong turn on in the internet and ended up reading DSP hilarity haha WHOOPS"

Just look at the stupidity, laugh at it and move on. Don't try to get too close. Definitely don't become a fan, or try to help him, or become his friend. It's all futile. It's just an autistic cult.

Usually I'll tune in every now and then for a couple a minutes; see if he made the tips goal or not, but yeah not anymore. About 15 days straight and counting of no dsp content. But like i said before I'll definitely come back for that Divinity stream.

18 minutes ago, planettenon4 said:

But like i said before I'll definitely come back for that Divinity stream.

If it ever happens. It could be the new Code Vein. Making up an excuse that it was only nominated by trolls.

LOL Yet still fine with requesting a refund. What is it now? The game is so bad you want a refund, or you have to finish it because it's your job?

What did people think of the Christmas marathon? I didn't watch it, but the selection of games was just terrible. Was there even a single game people wanted to see?

Edited by Higgs

Around 12:00 forward in that video is just.... good Lord. I know it's a meme but he really does want the game to tell him every single thing he needs to do. Did he just not look around the room at all the first time he did this mission? He's whining that the game isn't being more straightforward but what he really wants is for it to say "OK Phil, go look at his laptop. OK good, now click on that 2nd email. Don't actually read it or put it into context of what's going on, just click it. OK now go..." He wants Paint-By-Numbers. Yes sometimes it can take awhile to find what they want you to look for (it took me awhile to find the plaque on the optional step) but for Christ's sake, use your head at least a little bit. He acts like this stuff is cryptic and vague when it's usually fairly obvious if you actually pay attention and think about what  your doing.

Bonus points for calling the game bad because he hit the wrong button when trying to call someone on the phone and it (surprise) didn't call them. 

Cyberpunk has LOADS of issues to complain about but he picks the most asinine. It's like if someone tried to sell him a car that had a bad paint job, no engine, cracked windshield, and bad brakes. Phil would instead complain that the car only had 4 tires and that the radio didn't play YouTube videos.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Higgs said:

What did people think of the Christmas marathon? I didn't watch it, but the selection of games was just terrible. Was there even a single game people wanted to see?

It was terrible as usual. He chastised his viewers for picking the ice age game (reminder only 2 people picked it). In fact, he tried to get his viewers to PAY him to not play the game until he got too bored and ended it.

The only highlight that I could think of was Mr. Papavera coming back to watch Minecraft; but I could give a shit about that. Mr. Papavera seems like a nice guy but whether he's on stream or not is a whatever to me.

Edited by planettenon4
12 hours ago, Higgs said:

I don't think there were any games in the list that I cared about.

If Cyberpunk came out just after TLOU2.

This is so great, not like TLOU2. This is so much fun, not like TLOU2. This is just like Fallout 4, I love it, not like TLOU2. This is my game of the year, unlike TLOU2.

Spoiler

After all this time finally unlocked baby mode, melee. Now the game is fun. I told you, that's the main issue. It gets fun once it becomes press X to win. Like if playing a mobile game.

• Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...