The King of Hate Forums

Viewer's Choice Nominations Thread: February 2021 Edition!

Please post up your nominations for the upcoming Viewers' Choice game playthrough event here! PLEASE SEE BELOW for qualifying criteria before you nominate a game!

All games that are nominated MUST be readily available on a digital network to download and play, including Playstation Store, Nintendo Store, Xbox Live or Steam. In regards to a PC game, the game must NOT be graphically intensive or demanding. Otherwise, the game must be able to be readily played on an active console (PS3/4/5, Xbox 360/One, or Wii/Wii U/Switch). If a game is nominated that is disc-only and is incredibly rare or expensive, or for a console I cannot capture from (such as Playstation 1) then it will be IMMEDIATELY eliminated from consideration.

In addition, NO LENGTHY RPGS are to be considered this time around. After back-to-back events with Fire Emblem Three Houses and now Divinity Original Sin 2, we absolutely need something that has more variety and is NOT going to be drawn out over the course of 3 or more months. However, to clarify, visual novels (like Danganronpa) would be eligible as they are different enough to be considered.

NO multiplayer games are eligible. The goal here isn't to see me do a bunch of multiplayer sessions, but to complete an actual narrative-based playthrough of a game.

Games which have been eliminated from previous nominations (SFV, Code Vein etc.) are NOT eligible, including games I said I'd never play again (like DK64).

OKAY, outside of that, GOOD LUCK with your nominations! The games that are most nominated will make it to a final poll to determine the winner!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Decided to make a tally, (current, at date of this posting): Complete: Top: Notes: The games with "⊕:" between parenthesis, means someone added a stipulation, but n

God Hand(You own this via PS3)- You had ALOT of fun with this game Phil, and only got to play this for like 1 hour each session on two different marathons.. Time to finish this game.   Manhu

Lets gooooooooo! Max Payne 2 (Favorite game of one of my favorite video game series) Super Monkey Ball 2 (Game fucking rocks!) Half-Life 1 / 2 (Love Valve's old GldSrc/Source games)

Posted Images

Splinter Cell Chaos TheoryOriginal Xbox, Forward Compatible with Xbox One - AVAILABLE FOR LESS THAN $7 USD ON AMAZON

spacer.png

Not the first in the series, but it's not a direct sequel either. The best level design in stealth game history matched with stellar graphics for the time (some of the best on original Xbox alongside Chronicles of Riddick). An all-time Classic. Must Play.

Hitman: Blood Money - YOU OWN IT :D

You know the scoop! It's very similar to the current games, but instead of having the opportunities played out for you step by step, you're given cash rewards based on your performance every level to buy intel to unlock clues and hints. Plenty levels with lots of character.

I hope others agree and will nominate these as well.

Edited by PantslessPeasant
  • Upvote 2

God Hand(You own this via PS3)- You had ALOT of fun with this game Phil, and only got to play this for like 1 hour each session on two different marathons.. Time to finish this game.

Manhunt(You own this via PS4)- I feel this game did not get a fair shake in your 1 hour Halloween playthrough years ago with this. 

Danganronpa V3(PS4/PS5)- This game will be voted by plenty so I figure to throw this one up.

Edited by Blackspawn89
  • Like 3
4 minutes ago, makayla said:

13 sentinels aegis rim-  Adventure, real-time strategy  visual novel  on ps4

AI: The Somnium - visual novel game  on ps4

THE LONGING - indie game on steam

I Am Jesus Christ - indie game on steam

Will 2nd 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim. Just finished it, very good choice. 

• Like 1

All available on xbox one.

Saints row 2

Mirrors edge redemption run 

Resident evil 7 madhouse difficulty 

Splinter cell chaos theory 

Onimusha warlords

Rainbow six vegas 1 

Rainbow six vegas 2

Ghost recon advanced warfighter 

Ghost recon advanced warfighter 2

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell_ Chaos Theory.jpg

header.jpg

Tom_Clancy_Rainbow_Six_Vegas_2_Game_Cover.jpg

51oghfJdCnL._SY445_.jpg

Mirror's_Edge.jpg

220px-Saints_Row_2_Game_Cover.jpg

Edited by Beautifulbutterfly
  • Like 1

Dark Cloud - A Action RPG around 35 hours long so not too long.

Outer Wilds - A exploration game where you try to unravel a mystery surrounding the galaxy.

Phantom Dust - A cult classic game from the original xbox era, it should be free on xbox one atm

Pathological 2 - Another interesting mystery type game

Onimusha Warlords - I'll put another vote for this even though its really short

Edited by Elipsion
  • Like 2

ok im gonna be listing the game and the type of game it is maybe that will help make the choices more diverse instead of 3 games that are being nominated are one style. 

1. Chrono Trigger  - Rpg      (phil said he wanted to soooooooooooooo he can say yes or no to this one)

2. Danganronpa V3  - Visual Novel   (Maybe we should get this one done and over with already)

3. Super Lucky's Tale - Platformer  (its like Banjo -Kazooie & Yooka-Laylee) its also on gamepass

4. No Man's Sky - Action & Adventure (lets see how much it has changed ) gamepass

Shadow the Hedgehog Xbox/PS2/GameCube.

Yume Nikki https://store.steampowered.com/app/650700/Yume_Nikki/ 

Toy Story 2: Buzz Lightyear to the Rescue PS1/PC. Weird janky collectathon. Kinda nostalgic. Rereleased on PS3 for digital download allegedly?

Oddworld: Abe's Odyssee DOS, emulated on PS3

EDIT: Outer Wilds as said by @Elipsion

Edited by Rune

Celeste.

I want to see him get further in the game.

Gears tactics. It's like xcom but in the Gears universe.

Damn I forgot about Hades. I hope it comes to gamepass eventually.

• Celeste
  • Gears Tactics
  • Hades
  • Carrion
Edited by GuessWhat
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Elipsion said:

Outer Wilds - A exploration game where you try to unravel a mystery surrounding the galaxy.

Phil would actually really love Outer wilds, that's an amazing game.

It's right up his alley.

• Like 1

AI: The Somnium

Danganronpa V3

Hades, since I'm not sure when you'll play this.

A Hat in Time, if you like Mario you should love this.

Witch and The Hundred Knight, this is Diablo esque.

(Am I allowed to add extra things if I think of anything? Likely it would just be one or two other games)

• Like 1

Hades

No Man's Sky NEXT

Fallout 76: Wastelanders

Ace Combat 7

Hollow Knight

Bloodstained

Blasphemous

Mortal Shell

Salt & Sanctuary

Oblivion

Dark Souls 3 Ashes of Ariandel DLC