The King of Hate Forums

Viewer's Choice Nominations Thread: February 2021 Edition!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Decided to make a tally, (current, at date of this posting): Complete: Top: Notes: The games with "⊕:" between parenthesis, means someone added a stipulation, but n

God Hand(You own this via PS3)- You had ALOT of fun with this game Phil, and only got to play this for like 1 hour each session on two different marathons.. Time to finish this game.   Manhu

Lets gooooooooo! Max Payne 2 (Favorite game of one of my favorite video game series) Super Monkey Ball 2 (Game fucking rocks!) Half-Life 1 / 2 (Love Valve's old GldSrc/Source games)

Posted Images

Long shot nomination:

Romancing SaGa 3 

-$28.99 on Switch or PS4

-Howlongtobeat.com estimates the main story is 26 hours / main story + extras 38.5 hours.

-Originally released by Square in Japan in 1995.

It's essentially an open world, non-linear FF6. Leveling and experience points have been replaced by getting stat increases in battle. There's 8 main characters, one of which you can pick to start with, the rest (aside from 1) are possible party members, as well as over 20 other recruitable characters. I don't think this would turn into a 5 month JRPG playthrough. I personally think Phil shines with these kind of games and I'm hoping he'd enjoy it. romancing-saga-3-switch-screenshot01.thumb.jpg.dc1ece80629345448058efafa14ca209.jpgromancing-saga-3-switch-screenshot03.thumb.jpg.624bf01f4ea44a3b6fb012bdc105b5a3.jpg

• Like 1

Hopefully I don't get disregarded as a troll or something, I literally just created this account for this and future nominations.

I really think Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door is well overdue for DSP to play. Legendary game, and everyone should experience it. Can be easily streamed on Wii, unfortunately it's gone up in price due it never being digitally released and you can expect to pay $80. Is this ideal? No, but it's such a beloved game that I think people would be happy to recoup the costs in tips/subs in no more than a single stream.

If this is totally off the table, Bug Fables is a good alternative that uses the Paper Mario DNA well, and is readily available on modern platforms digitally.

The Witness

Phil mentioned that he would consider puzzle games some weeks ago and this one is great. There's a lot of mystery to it and the visuals are beautiful. Also it's available on PS4.

Made by the same creator as Braid which would also be a suggestion, but it's getting a remake sometime early this year which isn't out quite yet.

Edited by Dongulus
  • Like 1

1. Gex: Enter the Gecko for PS1 - You can play this on ps3 with backwards compatibly

2. Grabbed by the Ghoulies from Rare Replay on Xbox One

3. Epic Mickey 2 for PS3, Xbox 360 or Wii U

4. Ratchet and Clank 3 from the Ratchet and Clank HD Collection on PS3

5. Ratatouille for PS3, Xbox 360, or Wii

6. Super Lucky Tale for Xbox One

7. Barnyard on the Wii

8. True Crime NYC for the Gamecube which you can play on the Wii like you're Super Mario Sunshine playthrough

9. Spyro Enter the Dragonfly for the Gamecube which you can play on the Wii like you're Super Mario Sunshine playthrough

10. Plants vs Zombies on the Xbox 360 or PS3

• Like 1

Lets gooooooooo!

Max Payne 2 (Favorite game of one of my favorite video game series)

Super Monkey Ball 2 (Game fucking rocks!)

Half-Life 1 / 2 (Love Valve's old GldSrc/Source games)

Splinter Cell Chaos Theory (Best Splinter Cell IMO)

F.E.A.R. (Random Suggestion)

Duke Nukem 3D (Random Suggestion 2)

UNDERTALE (Random Suggestion 3)

BONEWORKS/Half-Life Alyx (What about VR Games?)

Edited by JomAn6767
  • Like 3
On 2/18/2021 at 1:39 AM, Kazkari said:

AI: The Somnium

Danganronpa V3

Hades, since I'm not sure when you'll play this.

A Hat in Time, if you like Mario you should love this.

Witch and The Hundred Knight, this is Diablo esque.

(Am I allowed to add extra things if I think of anything? Likely it would just be one or two other games)

I'd like to add NMH 1 and 2 to this, the Switch ports... there are some of us who are fans and would love to see Phil play them. 

Sorry it won't let me add it on, it says its been to long since I posted. :(

• Like 1

Mega Man Legends 

This game has a so much charm, and it has a great story for a PS1 game. The voice acting is a lot of fun, and the dungeons can be satisfying to explore. The controls are a bit dated, but they are not an issue once you play the game for an hour or two. I think Phil could get a lot of joy from this series of Mega Man games. 

Edited by SRob91
  • Upvote 1
43 minutes ago, SRob91 said:

Mega Man Legends 

This game has a so much charm, and it has a great story for a PS1 game. The voice acting is a lot of fun, and the dungeons can be satisfying to explore. The controls are a bit dated, but they are not an issue once you play the game for an hour or two. I think Phil could get a lot of joy from this series of Mega Man games. 

Will give this a 2nd vote, great suggestion. The final boss is going to make him angry though LOL.

• Upvote 1

I'd like to nominate Jade Empire (easily available on Xbox and likely PS digitally for about 10 bucks and not to mention it is not a hugely lengthy JRPG)

KOTOR 2 (Again easily available on Xbox and likely PS for about 10 bucks not to mention a sequel to a playthrough a lot of us enjoyed and also not a lengthy JRPG)

Hades and Hollow Knight

Edited by DisfatBidge
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1