The King of Hate Forums

Viewer's Choice Early 2021 POLL! VOTE NOW!

Viewers' Choice Spring 2020 POLL!  

209 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Am also a long time viewer and decided to finally register to get the vote for the game ive been dying to see ever since release and Phil playing the other 2 previously. Even though he probably won't remember too much about them after such a long time

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Max Payne 2 LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO come on brother!

all of these people showed up and voted for max pain so i hope Phil shows what evidence judges what votes get deducted because max pain has a sock account creator buffing its votes  

i've watched Phil play danganronpa 1 and 2 and signed up to the forums just so i could vote for V3 its been way too long without playing it 

Posted Images

So I'm reviewing the accounts that have voted, and I'm definitely seeing some lazy socks with the same addresses. I'm banning everyone that created multiple accounts. Banning them doesn't take their vote away, so I'll post the list of cheaters so their votes can be discounted and shamed.

Starting with all these dudes

Hinkhall
PlayScratsNuttyAdventure
GrahamSlam
BigTimeBurger

SP3
koreya666
lovitz
JimHalpert
FightingGold

RLM
ArtiomC
Xavier
wonderali
Li0na
Alina

AlinaNag
AlinaCar
AlinaGag
AlinaGagawailsowibisa

Osium
dashurkaliderri

spb
Eltrumpo

Lynnie9000
tmp1114

Cookiemonster414
Frog4Life

AgilityYT

VGstuffed
Youkai

• Like 1

They didn't change their VPNs?

It's literally explained on the thread on how your vote will be invalidated, same names & anagrams don't help either.

Moderators have a list of everyone who voted, if it wasn't clear from previous events.

What.thumb.jpg.c3537ebc6505a8d98fe9fc59e342e429.jpg

Funny, dude complains that the poll is rigged yet he has multiple accounts. Bye.

So fun fact. There's a record of EVERY IP you've ever used on this forum. I can see your IP all the way back in 2019 too, and just because you're behind a VPN doesn't mean you won't reuse that same address on your sock accounts eventually. You screw yourself over thinking you're hidden.

I just have to browse the database and see if your IP has ever been used by another account. So far the results are shocking.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, KGhaleon said:

Funny, dude complains that the poll is rigged yet he has multiple accounts. Bye.

So fun fact. There's a record of EVERY IP you've ever used on this forum. I can see your IP all the way back in 2019 too, and just because you're behind a VPN doesn't mean you won't reuse that same address on your sock accounts eventually. You screw yourself over thinking you're hidden.

I just have to browse the database and see if your IP has ever been used by another account. So far the results are shocking.

I know that you're aware that an IP can be used by several users, and sometimes that can lead to false positives.

It simply happens on Forums like these, so I wouldn't get trigger-happy with it.

45 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

I know that you're aware that an IP can be used by several users, and sometimes that can lead to false positives.

It simply happens on Forums like these, so I wouldn't get trigger-happy with it.

That would be highly unusual for you to have the same IP as another user somewhere in the world.

Especially for a forum with so little activity.

:edit:

And that's about it for tonight, dug up a lot of peoples sock accounts and banned accordingly for abusing their polling rights in this amazing country.

12 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

So I'm reviewing the accounts that have voted, and I'm definitely seeing some lazy socks with the same addresses. I'm banning everyone that created multiple accounts. Banning them doesn't take their vote away, so I'll post the list of cheaters so their votes can be discounted and shamed.

Starting with all these dudes

Hinkhall
PlayScratsNuttyAdventure
GrahamSlam
BigTimeBurger

SP3
koreya666
lovitz
JimHalpert
FightingGold

RLM
ArtiomC
Xavier
wonderali
Li0na
Alina

AlinaNag
AlinaCar
AlinaGag
AlinaGagawailsowibisa

Osium
dashurkaliderri

spb
Eltrumpo

Lynnie9000
tmp1114

Cookiemonster414
Frog4Life

AgilityYT

VGstuffed
Youkai

Damn, you're right, some of those socks were ultra lazy. 

5 accounts starting with "Alina" lololol. 

"They aren't fake sock accounts...they are people who legit want to voice their vote."

Bahaha

On 3/14/2021 at 10:27 AM, khazkul said:

Am also a long time viewer and decided to finally register to get the vote for the game ive been dying to see ever since release and Phil playing the other 2 previously. Even though he probably won't remember too much about them after such a long time

You'd be surprised 

11 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

That would be highly unusual for you to have the same IP as another user somewhere in the world.

Especially for a forum with so little activity.

No, some people use VPNs for protection, (in general, not because of this Forum), which means that they could be assigned with the same IP, since IP-shared models is common for not expensive VPN providers.

In the logs, you could have the same IP documented hundreds or even thousands of times, scattered across multiple users that could be different people.

That's why I'm telling you, you cannot blacklist the number just because of that.

So this is way easier than I though it would be.

Danganronpa V3 has 7 fake votes, so the correct total is actually 56 votes.

But the second place game, Max Pain 2, has NINE fake votes. That means it only has 47 actual votes.

Since nothing else even reached 56 votes, fake or no, Danganronpa V3 wins.

@Phil

You need to revisit the current method for banning users in regards to their IP. I feel like someone may create an account, and the VPN they're using might've been blacklisted at some point, but coming from other member.

I'm not talking about the polll, by the way.

15 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

@Phil

You need to revisit the current method for banning users in regards to their IP.

for such a small site, that would be pretty ridiculous for multiple people to have the same VPN IP address. I'm not even talking about one IP, I found a variety of different IPs that were used by more than one person.

No.

8 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

for such a small site, that would be pretty ridiculous for multiple people to have the same VPN IP address. I'm not even talking about one IP, I found a variety of different IPs that were used by more than one person.

No, there has been obvious mass accounts-creations in the past, so even if unlikely, it can still happen where someone is banned because an actual bot-account was set months/years ago. People shouldn't have to roll the dice and see if they're banned or not. This has happened before in other sites.

Remind you that I'm not even talking about the poll, just about the banning process in general, on the Forums, since you decided to post your list.

46 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

You're the person that asked that we check the polls for fraud. I banned people hiding behind the same IP addresses.

I haven't heard anything to convince me otherwise that these people weren't breaking the forum rules.

7 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

You're the person that asked that we check the polls for fraud. I banned people hiding behind the same IP addresses.

I haven't heard anything to convince me otherwise that these people weren't breaking the forum rules.

Since there's no real way to know for sure, you should disqualify votes with the same exact IP, on the basis that the possibility that both participants are different people is very low, given the number of total votes; but you should not ban them, on the basis that accounts created, (not necessarily poll participants), might be actually different people assigned with the same IP.

It's the least damaging way to do things.

Edited by MoraMoria
3 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

That's just nonsense.

The idea is to be as fair as possible, and minimize the risk of someone being caught in something they might have nothing to do with.

Disqualify the votes with the same IP on the poll, no need to blacklist/ban the IP.

Edited by MoraMoria
2 hours ago, Phil said:

Since nothing else even reached 56 votes, fake or no, Danganronpa V3 wins.

Sounds like this thread is done then. I see no reason to investigate any further.

I'm out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Phil unpinned this topic