The King of Hate Forums

Ask the King Ep. 86: NOW May 28, 2021

Phil

Phil I have a question to ask you. Looking back on some games you have played for this channel have you ever went back and replayed any of them for yourself and if so what games stand out to you as some of the best stories in all of gaming that you would want to replay and also what are the top worst games you have played and how do they all compare to others you have played recently.

Hey Phil here's my question for this episode of Ask the King. With the Pokemon Diamond and Pearl remake scheduled to come out in late 2021, Any chance of watching episodes of Pokemon Diamond & Pearl, Battle Dimension, Galactic Battles, and Sinnoh League Victors to get ready for the game release in late 2021? All 4 of those seasons take place in the Sinnoh League and are all part of Gen 4.

• 2 weeks later...

Would you ever join a role-play (RP) server for content creators? The popular one right now is NoPixel 3.0, a Grand Theft Auto V RP server. You must be whitelisted to play, but many streamers who average less than 1000 viewers have joined. And the server is regulated - (xQc [averages 85K viewers] received a 2 week ban for breaking the rules); so no trolls.

Here's a random video featuring some highlights:

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2021 at 7:00 AM, MufflerBearing said:

Another question...

What are your thoughts on an uncapped sub goal marathon? Would you ever do this?!

Or at least do one that is somewhat capped? I've noticed streamers do similar subathons now, but they cap at 24 hours - meaning they'll only stream for up to 24 hours.

BTW, Ludwig is on Day 25 and has 223,976 subs (mostly Tier 1).

Sorry for the multiple posts! I can't seem to edit my original post and add to it.

Anyways, do you think everyone doing these subathons are just doing it for the money? Ludwig did say he will be donating some of the profits to charity, but some streamers, especially smaller ones, only talk about hitting new milestones, such as followers and sub counts. Do you think smaller streamers are attempting to grow their streams - is that even possible?; or is it just for the money? I say this because, I noticed some streamers like Amouranth and Indiefoxx do lots of hot tub streams recently, so I assume they have been successful, especially since they write contributor's names on their bodies; and streams like these could be just for the money, but I think they would have a better possibility of attracting new viewers than a subathon that will likely only grab the attention of the existing viewership.

BTW, Ludwig (232,784 subs - gained almost 10K subs in a day!) might break Ninja's active sub record of 269,154 subs set in 2018.

Edit: Oh, I can edit a post that I posted recently.

Edited by MufflerBearing

Looks like I only have a few hours or so to edit a post once it has been posted. Sorry again for multiple posts!

Anyways, what is your opinion on Ludwig deciding to manually end the subathon since it won't end? And do you think people are crazy to be supporting the subathon for this long? This Tuesday, subs will not add 10 seconds to the timer, however, Ludwig will donate $5 to charity for every sub earned that day. At the moment, Ludwig has ~12 hours on the timer, but it doesn't seem to matter since people won't stop subbing. His main goal at this point is to beat Ninja's record.

BTW, Ludwig has gained 1 million Twitch followers, currently has 248,486 subs, and 20 million unique viewers has visited his stream at some point during the subathon.

And he might buy a Tesla.

Do you still get sponsorship offers? And if you do, do you avoid them because of detractors? Also, what was your favorite sponsorship, and what was the worst sponsorship offer you received? Have you received any "big" sponsorship offers? Have you received sponsorship offers from G FUEL or NordVPN? I noticed they sponsor a lot of content creators. I think the coolest sponsorship I've seen on Twitch is Nike sponsoring loltyler1. He actually said he'd never accept a sponsorship, but I guess a brand/company like Nike is hard to decline. Plus, Nike gives out free shoes to those they sponsor!

What are you thoughts on some people getting mad at Ludwig for ending his subathon? He has been live for 31 days straight (streamed himself sleeping and everything) and he thought it would only last about 24 hours. Plus he beat Ninja's active sub record. His current sub count is 282,931.

Do you think your tweet had something to do with you being unpartnered from Twitch? Someone was @ing Twitch about it. Apparently Destiny was unpartnered for making a divisive statement on stream.

Untitled.png

And what's your opinion on the girl (MissBehavinOfficial) who spread her ass on stream and didn't get perma banned? And it's like actual nudity - she showed like everything right in front of the camera and only got banned for 3 days and she is still partnered. Apparently she didn't know she was still streaming. 

Also, a streamer named JoblessGarret who averages 2K views left Twitch for Facebook. But he did get some kind of deal. And Valkyrae streams on YouTube because she doesn't agree with some of Twitch's policies; she's bigger than Pokimane.

Edited by MufflerBearing
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MufflerBearing said:

Do you think your tweet had something to do with you being unpartnered from Twitch? Someone was @ing Twitch about it.

And what's your opinion on the girl (MissBehavinOfficial) who spread her ass on stream and didn't get perma banned? And it's like actual nudity - she showed like everything right in front of the camera and only got banned for 3 days and she is still partnered. Apparently she didn't know she was still streaming. 

Untitled.png

Also, a streamer named JoblessGarret who averages 2K views left Twitch for Facebook. But he did get some kind of deal. And Valkyrae streams on YouTube because she doesn't agree with some of Twitch's policies; she's bigger than Pokimane.

What a trip, this is real, this actually happened. I 100 % agree with phil. I don't know how I can't love phil if this is the reason. 

Would you ever try "loosening" up a bit with the way you stream? You seem to have a very strict way about doing things, whereas most streamers seem to be more flexible. And I think that flexibility creates more excitement and surprises. And maybe just try new things every now and then for fun? I think you'd be surprised with all the cool and funny things other streamers do sometimes.

Will you ever play League of Legends? It doesn't require a lot out of a PC. I can play it on my $500 laptop with good settings. I know you have said in the past that it's too late to get into games like LoL, but xQc and Ninja have recently gotten into LoL. Plus there's a ranking system. So if you're a noob, you will play with noobs.

And will you ever play RuneScape, preferably Old School RuneScape (OSRS)? It's a very chill game, and I think almost every streamer that plays a variety of games has played it on stream at some point. And I'm sure most of your viewers have played it at some point too. And like LoL, you can play it on almost any PC.

Edited by MufflerBearing

I can't blame you for wanting to stay in your comfort zone regarding your approach to streaming, whether it be the content you choose to stream or the technology you use, and so forth, but do you think staying in that bubble stifles your growth? From what I see, most of the bigger streamers are more bold and daring.

• Phil changed the title to Ask the King Ep. 86: NOW May 28, 2021
  • Phil locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic