The King of Hate Forums

Here's Why Phil Lost Partner

So I'm pretty sure I figured out why Phil was removed from the Twitch partner program. Phil will probably dispute it and call me an idiot but I think I can conclusively prove it. First off, Phil reading the email he got about it out loud on his stream, sourced from his own video on his own channel:

Spoiler

What Phil reads here says, verbatim, "Notice of indefinite suspension and termination for Darksydephil. Pursuant the content license agreement dated...that I guess I signed in late 2016...between you and Twitch Interactive in respect to your Twitch account Darksydephil we're terminating your partnership agreement effective immediately pursuant to the terms contained within." This is Twitch giving the exact reason Phil was removed from the partner program. He violated the content license agreement.

The content license agreement is a specific part of the partnership agreement that he was required to signed after they updated it when he went back to Twitch. What that content license agreement says, verbatim and sourced from Twitch's legal page (https://www.twitch.tv/p/en/legal/affiliate-agreement/) is:

"2.2. Live Content Exclusivity. Solely for any live audio-visual work you choose to provide to us as User Content (your “Live Twitch Content”), starting from beginning of the Initial Broadcast of any such Live Twitch Content, and continuing for a period of twenty-four (24) hours following the end of the Initial Broadcast of such Live Twitch Content (the “Exclusivity Period”), such Live Twitch Content is exclusive to Twitch (even as to you). During the Exclusivity Period of any Live Twitch Content, you will not, nor permit or authorize any third party to, broadcast, stream, distribute, exhibit and otherwise make available such Live Twitch Content in any manner. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you have the right to make any Live Twitch Content available, during the Exclusivity Period, solely via the Twitch Services. After the Exclusivity Period of any Live Twitch Content, the license to such Live Twitch Content will become non-exclusive and you will have the right to broadcast, stream, distribute, exhibit and otherwise make available such Live Twitch Content in any manner and format desired by you. The “Initial Broadcast” means the initial broadcasting, streaming, distribution, or other exhibition of Live Twitch Content via the internet, whether such Live Twitch Content is broadcast on a real-time, live basis as the subject event is occurring or such Live Twitch Content has been prerecorded and is being initially broadcast for the first time via any manner or method of streaming."

What this means is that from the moment a partnered streamer's stream ends they are not allowed to post the content of that stream on any other platforms for a full 24 hours. This includes YouTube. So, given all of this information, Phil was removed from the partner program because violated the content license agreement within the affiliate agreement by way of consistently uploading his streams to YouTube immediately after the stream every day for years. It's not that it wasn't a problem for all those years, he just was able to get away with it and Twitch either finally found out or decided to stop letting him slide. 

Edited by ShinraRecruit

This has been speculated, however it's not definitive proof that it's the cause.

That's because to my understanding, Partner contracts can vary from Affiliates, which is what you're referencing here. As far as I'm aware, they are made on an individual basis, so the only ones who know the clauses in Phil's case, are himself & Twitch. These contracts are more flexible and can be unique to the streamer, they could also make it possible to negotiate how much you earn per subscription, (I've heard that you can renegotiate 70%, instead of 50%, if you are eligible), and maybe the "Exclusivity" clause as well.

It is a possible theory, but you cannot conclusively prove this.

12 hours ago, babymngaming456 said:

twitter.thumb.jpg.8d5bdb4d7ceb464fd6e7e67b8de0dccb.jpg

it happened during a Danganronpa stream

You are not updated. You would be called insane, mentally ill, in the need of professional help.

If it is because of the Danganronpa stream and he can regain his partnership if he cancels the playthrough, then he should just cancel the playthrough, and I am one of the people who voted for this game.

44 minutes ago, Hyperior21 said:

If it is because of the Danganronpa stream and he can regain his partnership if he cancels the playthrough, then he should just cancel the playthrough, and I am one of the people who voted for this game.

Yeah no way should he lose his partner program because of this. Twitch are just being unreasonable pricks.

From what I've been told and read, the story for the game he is/was playing ends in a way that says the series is done anyhow and that the devs are pretty clear that they don't want to continue. I can't verify how true that is though.

Danganronpa theory and the original post theory about it being contract issue are both believable to me. I wouldn't be surprised if Twitch suddenly decided to do something about that or didn't even realize he was uploading his videos somewhere else until recently. I'm curious how many other people it has happened to since I would like to see a full screencap of those type of emails and see what exactly is in them myself.

54 minutes ago, babymngaming456 said:

The question isn't for what reason, but why did it take this long?

• harassment, bullying.

You mean the hundreds of videos on YT bullying DSP? The forum Kiwifarms harassing and doxxing DSP?  Amongst other things. DSP has the worst haters of any streamer ever kid.

Edited by WorthIts
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, babymngaming456 said:

The question isn't for what reason, but why did it take this long?

• harassment, bullying
  • banning people just so they have to beg to be unbanned
  • stalking viewers about what they say in other streamer's chat
  • defamation of other streamers
  • unbanning for money, $20 gets you a live unban
  • feigning distress
  • guilt tripping people into donations
  • requesting personal info, mods had to dox themselves to Phil and another mod to be accepted, requesting a driver's license to get unbanned
  • banning people because they don't want to tip

Some of the things here are difficult to prove, and others are not against Twitch's TOS. You can ban anyone in your channel for whatever reason:

Ban.thumb.png.24457fb78d21071dd137e1169428fc73.png

And the issue with PW was not that Phil requested the license, but that PW had a reasonable expectation of that to not be disclosed to anyone I would assume, that's the problem. He however sent that on his own.

3 hours ago, WorthIts said:

You mean the hundreds of videos on YT bullying DSP? The forum Kiwifarms harassing and doxxing DSP?  Amongst other things. DSP has the worst haters of any streamer ever kid.

What about their point, though? Do you think Phil has done any of those things?

4 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

And the issue with PW was not that Phil requested the license, but that PW had a reasonable expectation of that to not be disclosed to anyone I would assume

Dude shouldn't have sent his driver's license in the first place. Not that it mattered, it was confidential until Anony disclosed it to the world.

5 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

What about their point, though? Do you think Phil has done any of those things?

Whataboutism

Just now, KGhaleon said:

Whataboutism

"the technique or practice of responding to an accusation or difficult question by making a counter-accusation or raising a different issue."

No, KGhaleon. @babymngaming456 has posted valid points on how those things are in violation, or close to a violation, (such as "harassment"), and the response he got was a Red herring about other people, not the main point: Phil's streams.

4 minutes ago, babymngaming456 said:

At least have some integrity. Phil does something bad, but the trolls.

It wasn't.

Did you know about it before Anony posted it? Then it was confidential.

5 minutes ago, babymngaming456 said:

Didn't Phil request from PW to confirm his state?

You tell me, did Phil tell him to send him a license? You guys keep up with that stuff more than I do apparently.

All I could find was Pwdubz trolling Phil and getting banned.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, babymngaming456 said:

In short, he didn't request the ID, but he still showed it uncensored to his mods.

And Anonymouse sent it unedited to some folks at kiwifarms. The mods there even confirmed they saw the unedited version.
You sent someones driver's license to moderators of a forum with a history of doxing people. Anony's gotta be the dumbest fucker in the world.

So by that logic, Anonymouse doxed someone too.

No.

3 minutes ago, babymngaming456 said:

But Kiwifarms, but Anonymouse, but the trolls. Like a broken record.

Phil did nothing wrong, he did everything correct.

You even said Phil posted it unedited, yet Pwdubz himself said he edited to remove stuff like his address.

Phil didn't dox shit, it was behind a private channel before Anony leaked.

You put more trust in this person.

trueanony.jpg

3 minutes ago, babymngaming456 said:

I'll make it easier. Let's find out which Twitch TOS rules he didn't break.

or better, find out why Twitch did it instead of sitting here guessing.

Nobody has a contact for the partner program?

• Like 1

In the end, Partner-contracts can be different from each other, and you can renegotiate some terms with them, they're unique.

But if Phil's doesn't have any exceptional clause in regards to exclusivity, and it's as the Affiliate one, then he broke the agreement. It doesn't matter how much time it took for them to figure it out.

But that's the thing is it? No one knows or has seen Phil's contract, and he doesn't seem to know much about it either.

Edited by MoraMoria
On 4/23/2021 at 7:22 PM, KGhaleon said:

Dude has posted his stuff to Twitch and Youtube for years, so no.

"But officer, I've been speeding on this road every day for 3 years. You didn't catch me before so you can't give me a ticket now!"

As to the ID, should PW have sent the license to Phil? Jesus H Christ no. Does that make it OK to share that license with other people, especially in a manner which makes it easy to capture that info and spread it around? No it absolutely does not. Doing something stupid doesn't excuse someone else doing something shitty. This drama shows exactly why you DON'T share crap like this even in a """""""CONFIDENTIAL""""""" environment.

• Upvote 1
17 hours ago, babymngaming456 said:

But Kiwifarms, so it's OK if Phil does it. The truth is that KF does barely anything. They just write novels about DSP's daily life. And when DSP attracts a malicious troll, it's the result of his own toxicity.

like.png.845516ce3843e3aaeb47cc30955d5e16.png

Kiwifarms doxxed loads of people on this forum because of some Nordic gamers actions. Hardly nothing. 

Twitch should be open and honest snf honour their client here. If they're terminating this mans partner program and destroying his livelihood they need to give an explanation. I've seen companies sue others if you're taking away their revenue and leaving them in trouble. Not a good look.

14 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

or better, find out why Twitch did it instead of sitting here guessing.

Nobody has a contact for the partner program?

This.

Edited by WorthIts

The simplest explanation is that there is a rule he broke that is for partners/affiliates that does not break Twitch ToS. That is even assuming that there is a "why". Twitch does have the right to ban people or remove them from their contracts for whatever reason they want to.

While we are briefly touching on it in the thread, any kind of doxxing is wrong no matter who is doing it. I think its pretty cut and dry that confidential information shouldn't be shared outside of who has been authorized to see it.

To my knowledge, they "doxed" people by googling their already public information.

KG.thumb.png.88bb32ea35c4f196af9ce98be196bbcb.png

All I can see from what's left, is information tied to their accounts with the same name. It's as if they posted their Social Media, and of course with the help of FaceBook, you get the rest, but I don't see intent from the "doxed" people to hide their information.

As long as there are no data-breaches, Admin/Moderators take this seriously, and common sense is applied, there should be no problems. Sadly though, there's still some potentially sensitive info around some corners.

@KGhaleon

You should make a thread on how to avoid indirectly sharing potentially traceable information, how metadata can be used to get hints someone, how does this Forum work in regards to this, how people actually get "doxes" on others and how to avoid it, etc. Your featured thread is lacking all the important parts, if you want to take security seriously and avoid nonsense like that to happen, you can start with this.

It's a featured thread, make it at least informative for current & future users here.

5 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

Your featured thread is lacking all the important parts, if you want to take security seriously and avoid nonsense like that to happen, you can start with this.

My thread is just ensuring people that we don't deal with that doxing shit here.

If you want to educate the couple of people here feel free.

Doxing is just a fear tactic people use. Ultimately nobody from kiwi is coming to your house to stab you because you support Phil.

The 24h exclusive isn't news to me. I clearly remember a small youtuber I used to follow who just became partner mentioning that such policy was indeed in place.

Also, But let's say you don't believe me.

Just because it's not strongly enforced as Phil said, doesn't mean that twitch couldn't use that as an opening to cut ties with him.

My theory is not different than Phil's: I think people are pressing twitch for Phil's behaviour regarding the tips goal which, sure, doesn't break any TOS but truth be told it's not exactly a good look should the story make it to a relevant outlet.

Btw allow me to say the entire paypal drama is ridiculous. On ebay or other storefronts your info does get across, but as far as streamelements is concerned, I still have no idea why people waste time arguing about it when it's just faster to set-up a streamelements , link the your own paypal as the receiving end and ask a friend to tip you 1 dollar. The email you'll get will look exactly like the one every twitch streamer gets. DONE.