The King of Hate Forums

Here's Why Phil Lost Partner

5 hours ago, kill-chan said:

Also, But let's say you don't believe me.

This Reddit post doesn't really tell anything substantial.

It's already clear in the Affiliate Agreement, but that's not what we're talking about. Phil has a potentially unique agreement because he's a Partner, so no one knows about his "Exclusivity clause" besides him & Twitch.

5 hours ago, kill-chan said:

My theory is not different than Phil's: I think people are pressing twitch for Phil's behaviour regarding the tips goal which, sure, doesn't break any TOS but truth be told it's not exactly a good look should the story make it to a relevant outlet.

If it doesn't break "TOS/CG/the agreement" and he's making good money, (for Twitch), they're not dropping him out of the program. People have been banned from the platform for less, while you have people like Alinity given a second and third chance for no real reason, other than Twitch being able to ban whoever they want.

There's a double standard, and I feel that the main contributing factor is when the colour green gets involved. Phil was at some point in the top list of streamers with the most (*)"loyal subscribers".

The "Exclusivity clause" theory is plausible, closely followed by something he said to someone in chat, (maybe considered as harassment), or possibly something he said/did off streams, (Tweets/or other statements about "spying" on viewers, (don't have a refence for that one now)).

(*): https://www.cashnetusa.com/blog/highest-paid-twitch-streamers-world/

DDD.thumb.png.be9e189f24991f991176bf6ba6791f3b.png

Edited by MoraMoria
1 hour ago, babymngaming456 said:

We are at it again. More clout chasing. Maybe someone will give it attention if it has more tags.

Aside from this looking like it doesn't make complete sense; what is the point of this? This is an unhealthy grudge for a video game. It is like Neil Druckmann personally did something to Phil.

8 minutes ago, Another_Derich said:

what is the point of this? This is an unhealthy grudge for a video game. It is like Neil Druckmann personally did something to Phil.

For advertisement, which has nothing wrong in itself.

TW.thumb.png.617d11edc369ab1189628d86c124103e.png

I didn't really follow anything from this game, but I keep hearing about it and how people will "passionately" disagree with the other end of the spectrum.

It's a game, and at the end it's your subjective opinion what will decide if it's "good" or not, (for oneself). If you want to argue about objective aspects of it, like if the writing is well done under common sense criteria, that's one thing, but I don't really see that, just "epic gamers" having slapfights over the Internet on the most mundane topic.

I don't even know how "excessive gore" can be a supposedly objective bad characteristic of the game... then "pointless sex scenes"? What is in his mind a "non-pointless" sex-scene? It's probably not there to give insight to the plot.

And the section that praises the game just to "stick it to the haters" isn't that big, is it? Shouldn't it be bigger to emphasize his point?

1 hour ago, babymngaming456 said:

He has a grudge against everyone who ever wronged him.

I think that is true but I never expected a video game was something that could make the list.

1 hour ago, MoraMoria said:

For advertisement, which has nothing wrong in itself.

TW.thumb.png.617d11edc369ab1189628d86c124103e.png

I didn't really follow anything from this game, but I keep hearing about it and how people will "passionately" disagree with the other end of the spectrum.

It's a game, and at the end it's your subjective opinion what will decide if it's "good" or not, (for oneself). If you want to argue about objective aspects of it, like if the writing is well done under common sense criteria, that's one thing, but I don't really see that, just "epic gamers" having slapfights over the Internet on the most mundane topic.

I don't even know how "excessive gore" can be a supposedly objective bad characteristic of the game... then "pointless sex scenes"? What is in his mind a "non-pointless" sex-scene? It's probably not there to give insight to the plot.

And the section that praises the game just to "stick it to the haters" isn't that big, is it? Shouldn't it be bigger to emphasize his point?

I'll take advertisement as the point. I think that is a weird way to go about it but that tweet could serve as an advertisement for a certain kind of audience that Phil wants for his streams. The reason you don't see objective aspects under a criteria is because there is very little. There are a lot of people who masquerade their subjectivity as something objective though.

I can't understand the point about excessive gore as well. It isn't anything outside the limits of what the franchise as done before and its so far away from the goriness that other video games have reached. For Phil, maybe what he finds to be a non pointless sex scene is a scene that leads to another one showing pregnancy or childbirth. Games at this point have plenty of details that don't give insight to the plot. Narrative accessories, world building, tone, mood, etc are often conveyed through things that don't give insight to plot.

I'd argue that section shouldn't be there at all since it is completely outside the bounds of story and writing. You can argue "deceptive" ads also doesn't really have a place there.

---

Overall, it doesn't matter in the least but I think it is just peculiar for a few reasons. Oh well.

A number of streamers I watch upload their stuff to youtube and they are still partnered, I really doubt that's the reason they would unpartner him. That does effect them as well seeing how they aren't getting a cut of his profits when he goes through Paypal. Twitch runs a business so nothing about that would be to their benefit.

:typo:

18 minutes ago, WorthIts said:

Whats the reason then

Violation of the content licence agreement.  

Which could be anything. Use of certain emotes , or the fact he's been monkeybranching for years, uploading his own streams on the dspgaming yt channel before the 24h limit.
VODs channel on yt always publish videos 1 day after the fact. Phil does it as soon as the stream is over.

Phil knew about the rule, everywhere you ask they'll tell you that the rule exists,all you have to do is google it.

The fact that Phil's guy at twitch apparently told him that twitch doesn't actively go after streamers doesn't mean anything. They could still use that rule if the human behind twitch decided that Phil had to go.

On 5/1/2021 at 3:58 AM, KGhaleon said:

A number of streamers I watch upload their stuff to youtube and they are still partnered, I really doubt that's the reason they would unpartner him. That does effect them as well seeing how they aren't getting a cut of his profits when he goes through Paypal. Twitch runs a business so nothing about that would be to their benefit.

:typo:

Are they uploading less than 24 hours after the stream? If so, they are breaking the rules (unless their specific contract doesn't forbid it) and risking punishment.

Even if they are, this still relies on luck. To use the same analogy, just because I speed to work everyday and haven't been pulled over doesn't mean cops don't pull people over for speeding.

To be clear, I'm not saying that this is why I think he got de-partnered. I've not seen enough information to pull one way or another. I just keep seeing people use the "Other people do it so that can't possible be it" excuse and I'm pointing out why that argument has no weight.