The King of Hate Forums

Claims about doxing

There's a group of people out there basically saying that Phil and this forum are in the business of doxing people. I'm seriously beginning to think people are just paranoid and have no idea what dox even is or why they are scared. There are reasons for people wanting to hide their personal information, like when you don't want your address public because of an abusive ex-boyfriend or husband. You hide your info because you don't want assholes to swat you. You hide your dox because you don't want your friends to know you spend hundreds of hours running gay-ops trying to shut DSP down. There's plenty of reasons for not wanting your identity or personal info revealed.

No, nobody is collecting "dox" on people that visit these forums. The Invision forums automatically collect things like IP addresses and emails, but neither of those things are dox or could be used to locate someone. We don't have your name or address and nobody here has any reason to track you down. Neither me nor Phil are coming to your house to beat you up. I'm not sending my cartel to hunt you down because you posted some troll messages that hurt my feelings. If you think anyone here cares about finding or exposing you then you're probably following too many conspiracy websites. I've never doxed anyone and any claims are false. Phil certainly hasn't either from what I've seen.

Private Discord groups are not public either, but that should be obvious. It's private for a reason. Admins and Mods are responsible for protecting personal data. If a rogue mod is posting someones private information to the world then that's on them, not us. They betrayed everyone's trust and abused their access.

Same for Paypal and other financial transactions. Everybody under the sun knows that paypal donations show your name on the transactions and there are ways to avoid this. If you're donating to Phil and putting your real name out there, Phil is responsible for keeping that information confidential. It's not doxing if you're willingly sending him that information. Be smart about it.

Phil is not going to track you down and eat your children. Dude doesn't even leave Washington.

Most websites making these dox claims are generally responsible for dox attacks themselves.

We still have a lot of this stuff archived.

dox1.jpg

24 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

If any data-breach occurs, whether intentional or unintentional, you as the only active Lead Moderator and the main Admin that runs the site, (Phil), will be held responsible.

Moderators are responsible for their own activities and will be demodded if they abuse their access rights.

This isn't a banking website, it's a video game forum.

I think this Forum's TOS Governing Law falls under the state of Virginia, so Phil must comply with that.

By giving you such access, he's responsible of any breach that might occur due to negligence, and you're responsible as well to maintain secure enough practices.

6 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

By giving you such access, he's responsible of any breach that might occur due to negligence, and you're responsible as well to maintain secure enough practices.

Wake me up when there's an actual data breach here. I fail to see how your comments relate to my topic about this forum not being a doxing hotbed like certain other forums. Nobody here is doxing people or has any intention too.

Moving this to a section that makes more sense in regards to the forum.

Also want to add on to this post, as people like to bring up the BeAwesomeOne event from 2015. BAO submitted fan art to the forum then later directed copyright strikes toward Phil's channel with the intention of taking it down. Phil had a segment where he addressed it, saying he had BAO's information and would sue him if it were possible. Unfortunately that dude isn't American so suing him on the other side of the world isn't financially likely. People thought Phil was threatening BAO physically, but again that's not gonna ever happen when there's an ocean between them. The threat was of a legal nature. BeAwesomeOne backed off after that video. People like to call it doxing but nothing like that ever happened.

"This is not a doxing video. I do not condone it."

Phil requires a verified Paypal and I tried to verify my Paypal with a false name and they declined it because the info on the account didn't align with the info in my bank account. So while it is possible to "get around" including that info in your account, it's also a very real possibility that you won't get verified in the first place - DSP refunds any tips that aren't verified.

7 hours ago, babymngaming456 said:

So did he ever explain why he needed Pwdubz's driver's license, or why he needs personal info from his mods?

He doesn't, Pwdubz sent that himself. Not very smart regardless of the circumstances.

I've never sent Phil any of my personal info.

You're currently required to verify your PayPal account, as some people have mentioned. It is also against TOS to provide a fake name, and your account could be terminated if you do so:

PayPal.thumb.png.86ea86c817cc6383871a5fae7b90d7b7.png

Anyone encouraging you to violate TOS, or not provide enough information on how to set things properly while asking if you could tip/donate is an irresponsible person.

So the anonymous option of "Friends & Family" doesn't work, because it's apparently open for chargebacks:

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Managing-Risk-and-Fraud/Can-people-charge-back-friends-and-family-2018/td-p/1526313

One way of trying to "circumvent" this could be by setting up a Business-PayPal account?. That way, you can set a name for your business instead of your own, and set it so that the recipient sees that.

I've also heard about funding your account through a Virtual credit-card to add a layer of security & anonymity, however I've personally not tried this so I cannot say from experience.

Edited by MoraMoria
  • Like 1

On 4/25/2021 at 1:29 PM, KGhaleon said:

He doesn't, Pwdubz sent that himself. Not very smart regardless of the circumstances.

I've never sent Phil any of my personal info.

Phil did share Pwdubz's driver's license with his mods, though. Phil should have went about it a better way if he wanted to talk to his mods about it. Instead of sharing what Pwdubz sent him, he should have only described what Pwdubz did.

• Like 1

It's called a private discord group for a reason, it's not a public place that anyone should be able to see. I'm not going to keep arguing with people about whether it's private or public. Pwdubz sent his driver's license over clear text email to Phil's hotmail, that alone is more likely to get you doxed than a private Discord seeing how Microsoft can freely look through your emails. It's inappropriate to be sending someone a copy of your license in the first place.

While Darksydephil and those of us on this forum don't support doxing, there are malicious elements outside of this forum that will prey on his supporters.

This should be obvious but do yourself a favor and remove any association between your net alias and your actual identity. This guy doxed this fan because they used their real name on their twitter account which in turn allowed them to easily find information about the victim through other social media platforms like facebook.

Make your personal social media accounts private and remove any connections to your online alias.

Nigeldox.jpg

Just to state it (and I'm not accusing of doxing or anything) thekingofhate.com does gather information regarding the city you "reside in" including the "neighborhood" (part of the postal code is gathered) if you're not using a VPN; but that's information available from collecting your IP address <- which almost every site does.

Edited by MufflerBearing

17 hours ago, MufflerBearing said:

Just to state it (and I'm not accusing of doxing or anything) thekingofhate.com does gather information regarding the city you "reside in" including the "neighborhood" (part of the postal code is gathered) if you're not using a VPN; but that's information available from collecting your IP address <- which almost every site does.

If someone looked up my IP and found that I lived in Denver, that doesn't exactly help them locate one person in a few million, so that's not technically dox.

It might help you narrow the search down to a city or region though.

If anything you'd probably be able to DDOS them though.

The funny thing about trolls is they always use popular VPN clients like ProtonVPN or Nord and I can spot those users from a mile away because they always use specific ranges of addresses.

• Upvote 1

websites that collect your ip are not getting your actual ip of say your computer. Your router automatically changes your ip address when you you send request to the outside internet. The ip theyre getting is a publically translated address and wont give them much useful information. So sites collecting ips is not that significant.

1 minute ago, mikemurdock said:

websites that collect your ip are not getting your actual ip of say your computer. Your router automatically changes your ip address when you you send request to the outside internet. The ip theyre getting is a publically translated address and wont give them much useful information. So sites collecting ips is not that significant.

Regardless IPs aren't dox by themselves. You can't locate someone with an IP address.

Nothing that is collected here could be used as dox, unless you use your real name for your email address.