The King of Hate Forums

Retro Replay Event Nominations Thread! Spring 2021

Please post up your nominations for the upcoming Retro Replay marathon/playthrough event here! The games that are MOST nominated will end up in a final poll to determine the winner!

The winner will then be played in a marathon-style stream for 7+ hours of gameplay to get the playthrough started, THEN turn into a standard playthrough that fits into my normal streaming schedule.

Here are the criteria!

1. The game must be a game I've ALREADY PLAYED for YouTube from the year 2015 OR EARLIER. No games played later than 2015 will be accepted.

2. The game must NOT be a multiplayer game, but instead be a single-player narrative based experience (i.e. a game with an actual plot and ending).

3. I must not have played the game a second time after 2016 (but if I replayed it before that, such as Fallout, then it's still eligible!).

4. Like all of my events, the game must be readily available to play on PS3/4/5, Xbox One/360, or Nintendo Wii/Wii U/Switch via physical or digital means. That means no obscure Nintendo 64/PS1-era games that I might have played before I adopted direct capture that cannot be played on a modern console!

5. SPECIFICALLY, The Elder Scrolls Skyrim, Grand Theft Auto V, and Mass Effect 1 and 3 are not eligible as I already have plans to play those games in the future anyway.

6. Think of games that would benefit significantly from having direct capture, live streaming, facecam and stream viewer interaction which didn't exist in the first playthrough!

Good luck!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

South Park: The Stick of Truth [played in 2014] Indigo Prophecy (Fahrenheit) [played in 2010]

Uncharted 1,2,3 God of war 3 Saint row  Castlevania lords of shadow  Metal gear solid 1 Fallout new vegas 

Saints Row 2 Fallout: New Vegas and just for for the lulz Resident Evil 6

Posted Images

Witcher 3 Wild Hunt! You can do a New Game + playthrough using your previous save from back when you played it in 2015! There's so many story options, you can make different choices than your previous playthrough (if you remember what you chose lol or chances are you may make a different choice, and it'd be fun for viewers to compare if they'd like). Being able to take all your gear, potions, and abilities over to a new game makes it a different experience the second time around in my opinion. Plus, if things go according to how it's planned (but we all know sometimes it doesn't), there will be a PS5 upgrade available for free later this year so it'd be cool to see that difference if you're still playing it then! 

Now, I know that's a long playthrough to do over again, but I know you actually enjoyed the game. And considering the *possibility* that a new Witcher game may come out in the (hopefully) near future, it may be cool to dive back into that world.  

image.png.2f52ad6e725123d361b9535fa1254aba.png 

Edited by vero0333
bolded and underlined a few words, added a photo

I'm going to nominate two games I have been plugging for several events:

1) Jak 2

image.thumb.png.2220252e01f5e5c5ee887fbe3c02ca92.png

2) Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Pacifist Run)

image.png.70da7d619ad68b3308c2269102bd3666.png

Deus Ex: HR especially because I think a pacifist run is a good twist on top of just replaying the game

Edited by Another_Derich

Uncharted 2, preferably on Crushing difficulty to make it exciting and funny to watch. There's a higher difficulty called Brutal but it requires beating it on Crushing first, so it's not the highest tier of difficulty.

Mercenaries 2: World in Flames an action-packed game with lots of entertaining gameplay, and not that long of a playthrough either.

mercenaries-2-world-in-flames1.thumb.jpg.d508a65b1c725ce6d79bbdd1eb07c4b1.jpg

And of course Fallout New Vegas for because it's one of these best games of all time1799235-59f6398901a82f34111a1db840954eb9.thumb.jpg.3fc7c5a9703a59419b2d7fbc2d89a59c.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Phil locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic