• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I do hes hilarious 

This is true

I definitely got Bucs over the Cowboys. However, some of my picks are different. I have Giants over Broncos, Vikings over Bengals, Colts over Seahawks, and Chargers over Washington. As

Posted Images

NFL 2021 Season Week 1 Predictions 

Cowboys vs. Buccaneers - Buccaneers win

Seahawks vs. Colts - Seahawks win

Jaguars vs. Texans - Jaguars win

Eagles vs. Falcons - Falcons win

Chargers vs. Washington - Washington wins

Steelers vs. Bills - Bills win

49ers vs. Lions - 49ers win

Vikings vs. Bengals - Bengals win

Jets vs. Panthers - Jets win

Cardinals vs. Titans - Titans win

Browns vs. Chiefs - Chiefs win

Dolphins vs. Patriots - Dolphins win

Broncos vs. Giants - Broncos win

Packers vs. Saints - Packers win

Bears vs. Rams - Rams win

Ravens vs. Raiders - Ravens win

On 8/24/2021 at 5:34 PM, sateler96 said:

NFL 2021 Season Week 1 Predictions 

Cowboys vs. Buccaneers - Buccaneers win

Seahawks vs. Colts - Seahawks win

Jaguars vs. Texans - Jaguars win

Eagles vs. Falcons - Falcons win

Chargers vs. Washington - Washington wins

Steelers vs. Bills - Bills win

49ers vs. Lions - 49ers win

Vikings vs. Bengals - Bengals win

Jets vs. Panthers - Jets win

Cardinals vs. Titans - Titans win

Browns vs. Chiefs - Chiefs win

Dolphins vs. Patriots - Dolphins win

Broncos vs. Giants - Broncos win

Packers vs. Saints - Packers win

Bears vs. Rams - Rams win

Ravens vs. Raiders - Ravens win

I definitely got Bucs over the Cowboys.

However, some of my picks are different.

I have Giants over Broncos, Vikings over Bengals, Colts over Seahawks, and Chargers over Washington.

As for the Jets vs Panthers game, I'll talk about it either tomorrow after the preseason game against the Eagles or Sunday.  I will let you and @GuessWhat know.

• Upvote 1

Here are my picks for the division winners for this year's NFL season:

• AFC North: Cleveland Browns
  • AFC South: Indianapolis Colts
  • AFC East: Buffalo Bills
  • AFC West: Kansas City Chiefs
  • NFC North: Green Bay Packers
  • NFC South: Tampa Bay Buccaneers
  • NFC West: San Francisco 49ers
  • NFC East: Dallas Cowboys (for now)

@sateler96 & @GuessWhat,

I am here to give you guys what you have been waiting for for quite some time.  My personal preview of the upcoming Week 1 matchup between the Jets and the Panthers.

So, let's get started.

Last year, the New York Jets had their worst season since 1996 as they went 2-14.  After the season, they fired Adam Gase and hired the San Francisco 49ers defensive coordinator, Robert Saleh, who was for quite some time a highly regarded head coach candidate by both analysts and players alike.  The Jets then proceeded to trade their #3 overall pick from 2018 Sam Darnold to the Carolina Panthers in which the Jets will face in Week 1 very soon.  In the 2021 NFL Draft, with the #2 overall pick, the Jets drafted Zach Wilson, QB from BYU.  For those who don't know or don't remember, BYU was the same college NFL legend and Hall of Famer, Steve Young came from.  I gotta admit, I really didn't know much about Zach Wilson's talent until I watched his highlights on YouTube and I gotta say he looks like a player to me.  Surprising to me, Zach Wilson is the highest drafted QB the Jets have since Jets legend and Hall of Famer, Broadway Joe Namath.  As a matter of fact, the Jets haven't had a big time franchise quarterback since Joe Namath.  For those who are unfamiliar, Joe Namath played for the Jets during the 1960s and 1970s.  Despite his stats, Joe Namath was a flashy, talented, and dynamic quarterback for the Jets franchise.  He was the first quarterback in pro football history to throw for over 4,000 yards in a season.  No Jets QB has thrown for 4,000 yards since Namath.  In 1968, Namath helped lead the Jets to one of the greatest upsets in American sports history by beating the then Baltimore Colts in Super Bowl III 16-7.  The Jets went through many different quarterbacks after Joe Namath.  Some have been decent/good, others not so much.  Recently, the Jets had Mark Sanchez, Geno Smith, and Sam Darnold to try to be that guy, but neither of them were able to achieve success.  However, it wasn't always their own fault, but that is a different story. 

Anyways, the Jets will have a bit of a challenge on Sunday, September 12, as they take on their former quarterback, Sam Darnold, and his new team, the Carolina Panthers at Carolina.  Why you may ask?  Because of the weapons he has such as Terrance Marshall, DJ Moore, the former Jet Robby Anderson, and Christian McCaffrey.  Plus, IMO, the Panthers have a pretty good coaching staff which includes Joe Brady as their offensive coordinator.  Joe Brady was the same guy that coached up last year's #1 pick, Joe Burrow, to have not only a Heisman Trophy type season, but to lead the LSU Tigers to a National Championship.  I believe under Joe Brady's instruction, Sam Darnold will flourish in Carolina.  I truly believe so.  

As for Zach Wilson, considering that the Jets have a better front office and coaching staff than the ones that Sam Darnold went through his 3 seasons with the Jets, I think Zach Wilson is in great position to flourish and succeed in the NFL.  Once Saleh brought in Mike LaFleur, the quarterbacks coach of the San Francisco 49ers, to be his offensive coordinator with the Jets, I knew Wilson was going to be set in a positive direction.  I mean, LaFleur is basically bringing in the same offensive system Kyle Shanahan runs in San Francisco to the Jets.  IMO, for Zach Wilson to have a solid rookie season, the offensive line has to not only protect him in the passing game, but also, open up holes in the running game.  Speaking of the running game, the Jets are going to have to be a run first offensive not only in this game, but also, throughout the entire season because I don't think the Jets offensive line is that good in pass protection yet even though they did a great job in protecting him throughout the preseason.

As for the defensive, not only do they have to stop the run, but also, put pressure on Sam Darnold because their secondary is young and inexperienced.  Considering the fact the Jets have a very good and talented defensive line and that they just traded for Shaq Lawson to replace the injured Carl Lawson who is out for the rest of the season with a torn Achilles, they should be able to do just that very well.

That is it for my preview.  Hope you guys enjoy my preview.  Let me know if I should keep doing this in the future.  PEACE!!!

Since I mentioned it in my Jets vs Panthers preview, I'm sure many of you are interested in my thoughts on Jets trade for Shaq Lawson.

I gotta say the trade was great.  Don't get me wrong, I would loved it if the Jets had gotten Chandler Jones from Cardinals.  However, it probably would have cost the Jets to give up a high draft pick to get him.  Now granted, Shaq Lawson isn't exactly a big time player, but he isn't exactly a scrub either.  In 2019, he recorded 6.5 quarterback sacks as a member of the Buffalo Bills.  The dude has size, speed, quickness, and athleticism.  I do believe that Robert Saleh will get the best out of him.

However, I gotta be honest.  If I'm the Jets, I wouldn't just be satisfied with just Shaq Lawson as your edge rusher.  If I'm the Jets, I would target some edge rushers that are still free agents.  The 2 free agent edge rushers that pop into my mind the most are Ezekiel Ansah and Olivier Vernon.  Let's start with Ezekiel Ansah.  He was very good player for several seasons with the Detroit Lions.  In 2015, he recorded a career best 14.5 quarterback sacks.  Unfortunately, he has been plagued by injuries for quite some time.  If he stays healthy, he will be a force to be reckoned with on this Jets defense.  That is, if the Jets sign him.  Next and final is Olivier Vernon.  I gotta be honest, I am kind of a fan of Olivier Vernon.  IMO, he is a very good player.  He had a solid career with the Miami Dolphins, had some productive years with the Giants, and last year in Cleveland he was excellent.  In 2013, as a member of the Dolphins, he racked up a career best 11.5 quarterback sacks.  Unfortunately, he was unable to participate in the Browns' playoff run last season because of an Achilles injury.  However, based on my research, Vernon has had a pretty healthy career for the most part. 

TBH, out of these two edge rushers, I gotta go with Vernon because he has been not only more productive, but also, healthier as well.  

• 2 weeks later...

Hello fellow American football fans and welcome to my post regarding my expectations for the New York Jets this upcoming NFL season.

For those who do not know, I am a huge fan of the New York Jets.  I've been a fan of this snakebitten franchise since my teen years.  What got me into becoming a fan of the New York Jets was my own father.  He has been a New York Jets fan since the days of Broadway Joe Namath back during the 1960s and 1970s.  Throughout my years of being a NY Jets fan, I've experienced the ups and the downs, but mostly, the downs.  However, this season I'm filled with so much optimism because of the direction I feel we are headed in.

Now on to my expectations:

• Let's start with the #2 overall of the 2021 NFL Draft, QB Zach Wilson from BYU.  I believe he is going to have a solid/efficient rookie season.  I know lots of people including the bad man himself, Aaron Rodgers, think highly of him, however, I don't really expect him to put up Aaron Rodgers nor Patrick Mahomes type stats in his first year in the NFL.  I do expect this young man to fair better than not only Sam Darnold did in his rookie year, but also Mark Sanchez and Geno Smith did in their rookie years.   If Zach Wilson throws 22 TDs to 10 INTS, I'll be happy.
  • I would like Michael Carter, the superstar running back the Jets took in the 4th round of this year's draft from the University of North Carolina, to be #1 running back on the team.  I loved watching watching his college highlights as well as his production in the preseason.  If he does become #1 running back on the team, I would like him to become the first running back since Chris Ivory back in 2015 to rush for over 1,000+ yards for the Jets.  
  • I strongly expect that Corey Davis and Elijah Moore, the wide receiver the Jets drafted in the 2nd round from the University of Ole Miss, to have a monster season this year.  I would like to Denzel Mims take a huge step forward this year as well.
  • I would like the offensive line to be not only be much improved but also rock solid.  The Jets haven't had a good o-line since 2015.  They need to open lanes in the running game, but also, more importantly, protect Zach Wilson in the pocket.
  • Speaking of the offensive line, I would definitely would like to see both Mehki Becton and Alijah Vera Tucker dominant and maul people off the line of scrimmage.  Mehki Becton had a very good rookie season and I hope he not only stays healthy, but also continue where he left off last season.  As for Alijah Vera Tucker, the rookie offensive guard from USC the Jets took in the 1st round of this year's draft, to not only stay healthy, but also contribute and feed off of Mekhi Becton's energy and dominance.
  • I expect Sheldon Rankins, Quinnen Williams, Foley Fatukasi, John Franklin Myers, Bryce Huff, and Shaq Lawson to dominant on the defensive line and apply tons of pressure to the quarterback as well stuff the run game.  The Jets have struggled in consistently applying pressure to opposing quarterbacks for years.
  • As for the linebackers, I expect CJ Mosley to not only stay healthy, but also, continue where he left off in the season opener against Buffalo back in 2019 before he got injured.
  • I expect Marcus Maye and Lamarcus Joyner to establish themselves as a solid safety duo in the NFL.

Now the moment you all have been waiting for, how many wins do I expect the Jets to collect this year?  I know the Jets don't exactly have an easy schedule, however, if they can muster up at least 6-8 wins this year, I'll be very, very happy.

I hope you guys enjoyed this.  PEACE OUT!!!

Edited by MDCFAN101
Just now, sateler96 said:

Texans Murdered Trevor Lawerence 

Tyrod Taylor played very well for Houston

1 minute ago, sateler96 said:

Panthers with sixth Sense beat the Jets 

TBH, I'm actually happy that Sam Darnold played well.  IMO, he still has potential to be a good quarterback.

16 minutes ago, MDCFAN101 said:

Tyrod Taylor played very well for Houston

TBH, I'm actually happy that Sam Darnold played well.  IMO, he still has potential to be a good quarterback.

Tyrod i already knew would play well they dont need Deshawn aka Bill cosby

4 hours ago, sateler96 said:

I had a strange feeeling today my team and Rogers would choke badly 

TBH, I didn't expect Jameis Winston to have a monster game.

Anyways, look at what Matt Stafford is doing to the Bears under Sean McVay.  He is kicking ass.

• Upvote 1

TBH with you guys,

I think the 2021 is off to a good and interesting start.

My pick for Offensive Player of Week 1 is:

Derek Carr, QB of the Las Vegas Raiders.  This man threw for nearly 440 yards against a very physical and good Baltimore secondary.  

My pick for Defensive Player of Week 1 is:

Chandler Jones, outside linebacker of the Arizona Cardinals.  The future hall of famer went up against a big and very good Tennessee O-line and straight up manhandled them.  He recorded a career best 5 sacks against the Titans. 

It was a very interesting opening week for sure. So many upsets, good teams either underperforming or just getting destroyed. And weaker teams surprising people with an excellent performance.

I hope Darnold can continue having a good season, but considering he played against the Jets, I'm not sure if that's possible. Same deal with Tyrod, played an awful Jags team. Gotta see how they play against better teams first.

Was hoping the Bills would do better offensively, but hearing how that defense disguised their weakness in the backfield, I kinda get how it ended up this way. Defense did great though minus the few penalties. Add some better play calling from Daboll, and I think they'll rebound big against the Dolphins (Allen always plays great against them, so it'd be real trouble if he can't even do that). 

Other than that, hoping for some more great and zany games.

NFL Season 2021 Week 2 - Predictions 

Giants vs. Washington - Washington wins

Raiders vs. Steelers - Steelers win

49ers vs. Eagles - 49ers win

Texans vs. Browns - Browns win

Broncos vs. Jaguars - Broncos win

Saints vs. Panthers - Saints win

Rams vs. Colts - Rams win

Bills vs. Dolphins - Bills bounce back

Patriota va. Jets - Patriots win

Bengals vs. Bears - Bengals win

Falcons vs. Buccaneers - Buccaneers win

Vikings vs. Cardinals - Cardinals win

Titans vs. Seahawks - Seahawks win

Cowboys vs. Chargers - Cowboys win

Chiefs vs. Ravens - Chiefs win

Lions vs. Packers - Packers hopefully wins not confident.

8 minutes ago, sateler96 said:

NFL Season 2021 Week 2 - Predictions 

Giants vs. Washington - Washington wins

Raiders vs. Steelers - Steelers win

49ers vs. Eagles - 49ers win

Texans vs. Browns - Browns win

Broncos vs. Jaguars - Broncos win

Saints vs. Panthers - Saints win

Rams vs. Colts - Rams win

Bills vs. Dolphins - Bills bounce back

Patriota va. Jets - Patriots win

Bengals vs. Bears - Bengals win

Falcons vs. Buccaneers - Buccaneers win

Vikings vs. Cardinals - Cardinals win

Titans vs. Seahawks - Seahawks win

Cowboys vs. Chargers - Cowboys win

Chiefs vs. Ravens - Chiefs win

Lions vs. Packers - Packers hopefully wins not confident.

Most of my picks are the same except for Steelers vs. Raiders.  I have Raiders over the Steelers.

As for Jets vs Patriots, stay tuned for my preview.