The King of Hate Forums

Ask the King Ep. 87: July 29, 2021

• 1 month later...

There's no other way to say it. Why do you act so weird towards the opposite sex, to romance, and to anything even slightly or remotely/not even remotely sexual? Making a big deal out of it when you really don't need to. It's like you haven't grown out of the 'girls have cooties' phase. I need to know.

Aight, I know your history with Atlus games, but since they’ve recently confirmed that Persona 6 is something on the rise, would that be something you’d look forward to doing a play-through on? A lot of good memories with Persona 4 and 5 (even Persona 3 if you discount your first attempt at fighting Nyx and when you discovered you couldn’t fuse the multi-fusion personas.) Everyone knows these games are long as all hell, but bring out some of the best video games has to offer in terms of characters, story elements and overal feel for JRPGs. So again the question was, would a Persona 6 play-through be a thing for you when it eventually comes out?

I've tipped you this question before but I was hoping for a more elaborate answer. I'm curious if there are some games you wish you could play but can't play due to your streaming style. I know you'd like to play Chrono Trigger, Lost Odyssey, and FF7 but are strapped for time so you can't, but I'm curious if there are other less "high profile" games you'd like to play. For example, whenever a game isn't a "high profile" release, you brush it off and say that nobody cares. You often said that nothing came out in June and July despite there being tons of great releases. Are there some non "high profile" or triple A games you wish you could experience fully if you weren't mainly playing high profile releases for maximum viewership?

PlayStation 4 had their Playroom that came at launch with the camera functionality to showcase their system. Do you remember what a disaster that was for Sony? I remember people posting videos on YouTube doing some disgusting yet hilarious things with the Astro bots and their cameras. Needless to say…..that didn’t last and we never saw the Astro mascot again. The PS4 camera was a gimmick that disappeared as quickly as VR.

With the PlayStation 5, we saw a return of Astro but this time showcasing their adaptive triggers and new rumble features of the newly designed controller. Playing Astro on my PS5 was AMAZING…it’s hard for me to even really explain it to some friends who don’t yet have the system. The rumble features really felt like I was walking on sand, ice, or metal. Pulling or pushing had a unique feel. Playing a handful of PS5 titles, it doesn’t seem like many games really feel as in depth or as good as Astros did. However, I am really hoping that the adaptive triggers/rumble features that the PS5 controller offer are something that developers really take time to fine tune and include in their games.

Do you see the new PS5 controller a gimmick or something new and fresh that developers will adopt? I know many games have come out that included these features but like I mentioned, it doesn’t feel as good as Astros. I’m sure it takes a lot of time for developers to include it and make it as precise as Astros and not sure if they want to take that time during development.  Do you think Xbox needs something like this too?

On a side note, I just started watching your Yakuza 7 playthrough.  I just got to the part when you first met the oiled City Slicker who fell from his own attack and the perverted guy who dances and does the booty attack.  Your reaction and laugh to first seeing them were priceless! I can’t wait to finish the rest!

Hey Phil, I am submitting several questions for the next episode of Ask The King just to ensure that there are a sufficient number of questions for you to cover.

1. With the scarcity of PS5s and Xbox Series X consoles over the past year (largely due to scalpers), what do you think can be done to prevent this from happening in the future? Or is there anything that can be done? 
  2. If you were to win the lottery worth $100,000,000 what would be some of your major purchases and would you completely stop streaming or maybe stream once in a while? I imagine paying off your taxes would come first. Would you take another trip to Connecticut to visit your family? A proper Honeymoon with Kat? Would you continue to live in the Seattle area and own various types of real estate?
  3. You've mentioned in the past that you will not be a full-time streamer forever and someday will need to get a more traditional job. Due to the overwhelming amount of hate you have received online, future employers may be wary of hiring you if they were to search your name online. Have you ever thought about legally changing your name in the future to possibly avoid this issue?
  4. Will you bring back the WWE 2K Holiday Sims streams? If so, it would be cool if we made the Sims more interesting by tying it in with the Christmas edition of Feasting With The King. For example, after selecting which restaurant you order from, you associate each wrestler with a certain food item on the menu and that will decide what you eat. Let's say you ordered from Sonic: Wrestler A represents (Bacon Cheeseburger) vs. Wrestler B represents (Chicken Sandwich), Wrestler C represents (Footlong Coney Hotdog) vs. Wrestler D represents (Chicken Wrap), Wrestler E represents (Cherry Limeade) vs. Wrestler F represents (Reeses Sonic Blast). I think this could make the matches more exciting for the stream viewers. Imagine the Chicken Sandwich won and then everyone is cheering for the Coney Hotdog so you dont eat another chicken item.
  5. Which playthrough for you was the most memorable one and why?

Thanks Phil! Looking forward to watching the next episode.

Will you ever post the missing 2010 game awards that you originally exclusively uploaded to blip.tv? Always wanted to know what your list for that year was. If you can’t, could you remember some games from memory if that’s even possible.

I have a few questions I'd like to ask.

1. Ask someone who has followed you through memes etc. I've grown to ignore the negative things about you and I'm basically hitting my 30s and work a dead end job would like your advice on how to get started with building an audience to make streaming a side job.

2. So I know you're a variety streamer and I admire that but I've started to notice that when you're enjoying certain games some viewers and even a few mods in past years seem to derail those games for example Phoenix Wright MLB and even your current Danganronpa playthrough. I just want to say keep up the perseverance and enjoy you.  Will you ever consider pointing such things out since this is your livelihoods.

Next question since you've stopped watching Wrestling period will you still consider playing the latest wwe game? I feel this might make your playthrough interesting since sadly the only updates you get are via trolls and some viewers. Also if possible would you give the AEW video game a shot as well? There's likely to be a lot of familiar faces there.

Hey phil hope you and the family are doing well

Do you remember strategy guides or what they were for? What series or franchise gave rise to strategy guides?

Were the guide books used a lot in the fighting game community, and ultimately what caused the decline for the strategy guide? Do you believe you tube is one of the causes of why strategy guides are no longer needed?

Also It's been nearly 9 months since both the PS5 and Xbox series X came out, what are your thought in regards to the PS5, has your overall thoughts in regards to the PS5 change during this time or have they been the same since you gotten a PS5?

Again thank you for the work you do, watching your play throughs allows me to de-stress myself from work.

Real question.

Do you think the vest streak has created a culture of having  few big tippers in your stream? When the vest streak was a thing there would be someone who would 'save the streak' with a large tip at some point in the stream. This hasn't really changed since the vest streak died.

I noticed that you used to get a number of small consistent tippers a few years ago. Whereas now there is usually one or two big tippers and when the goal is reached the tips virtually stop.

• Phil locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic