The King of Hate Forums

Does anyone here ever feel guilty not being able to support DSP as much? What can we do as fans to step up?

LordMithras

2 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

Can you please elaborate?

Probably the fact that you defend them quite often. Despite all the racism and doxing on Kiwi you seem to whiteknight them whenever possible. You'll deny and pretend you don't know what I'm talking about, so whatever.

Nobody will care anymore when the Kiwi servers go down for good.

Speaking of, looks like a good time for the Kiwi servers to go back down.

10 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

Probably the fact that you defend them quite often. Despite all the racism and doxing on Kiwi you seem to whiteknight them whenever possible. You'll deny and pretend you don't know what I'm talking about, so whatever.

What I care about is the truth of the matter. I try to defend arguments that I feel are logically consistent & valid, and people when I don't see enough evidence for the accusations. Most of the time I'm just asking questions in order to hear their version of the story or understand what's happening.

I've defended Phil when people outright said that he declawed Jasper; I've tried to defend KingGoken when people accused him of apparently having suspicious content on his channel; and I've even tried to defend you when people posted the fake PJVixen image, I gave them the Tweet link to clear the rumor. Just like when I asked questions about your LSB thing the other day; or when users here generalize about others.

All of those things have a thing in common, there's either not enough evidence to suggest that it's true, (your LSB accusation), or evidence against it, (people accusing you of being the one in PJVixen's image).

So I'm not denying anything, and also, you're using the same words as some people used against me: "you're whiteknighting", I haven't done that & you cannot do that if you care more about evidence than bias. You're doing the same thing in that aspect, you're just in the other side of the fence.

3 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

I've defended Phil when people outright said that he declawed Jasper; I've tried to defend KingGoken when people accused him of apparently having suspicious content on his channel; and I've even tried to defend you when people posted the fake PJVixen image, I gave them the Tweet link to clear the rumor.

Guess what? They don't care about evidence.

On 8/11/2021 at 2:24 PM, Tahdel said:

You don't necessarily need to send him money if you can't afford it. Just flag youtubers restreaming his streams.

Whatever your feelings on detractors are, I would think encouraging people to harass them and their YT channels isn't something that would be accepted on these forums.

4 hours ago, Spermythecat said:

Whatever your feelings on detractors are, I would think encouraging people to harass them and their YT channels isn't something that would be accepted on these forums.

Reporting restreamers and people reuploading his raw streamers is not even remotely harassment.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Do you still feel guilty, watching his conduct yesterday? He essentially yelled at fans because they didn't want to subscribe since they weren't getting anything on youtube.

Phil needs to offer meaningful perks like discord invites, game sessions, giveaways etc. Either that or improve his content and attract a bigger crowd.

2 hours ago, Hokep said:

Do you still feel guilty, watching his conduct yesterday? He essentially yelled at fans because they didn't want to subscribe since they weren't getting anything on youtube.

Phil needs to offer meaningful perks like discord invites, game sessions, giveaways etc. Either that or improve his content and attract a bigger crowd.

I'm not sure you've seen the post where OP says that he's just messing around about feeling guilty, it's not a serious thread.

I was also having a conversation with them, but apparently they got banned. No fun at all.

If your question is rhetorical or for the people here in general, no one seems to seriously feel "guilty" for not donating enough, and if they were, your post alone wouldn't do justice, you should post the video if you can.

I agree with offering meaningful perks, but what would people do with Discord invites? It'd just be a newly created server with nothing special to it, other than just being a chat for the "VIPs" with the occasional leaker, (but why would they go there if they can talk in chat, (which I understand is in comatose state), or if they really wanted, come here to TKOH). If it's for security reasons, they can take the necessary precautions and be allowed on a VPN, even if it's an already used one. Also, Phil would never be on there.

I asked him one time to give a signed shirt to the fans, (some months ago, I'd need to search for the clip), and he refused. He would need to go from that, a shirt that he's not willing to ship, to do giveaways.

Everyone asks for game-sessions, (I assume you mean Multiplayer?), that's also unlikely. A long time ago I asked him several times to play with TopTierBrian, he has been always fun and respectful to Phil, and from what I saw people loved when he was involved... but Phil also refused this. And Brian was willing to do the cooperation as well.

Which steps would you give him in order to improve his content? And for what aspects? If it's commentary, he recently talked about "improv commentary", (I assume he also includes comedy/anything that attracts the audience), and he already said that he has been doing this for 11-13 years. He's proud & confident on his product, (and stubborn), I don't see him changing his style in any major way.

If it's equipment, E.g: Green-screen, it has been asked for quite some time, but he also recently said that he needs a PC with good specs in order to handle the Chroma-key. It can be done easily in OBS, but apparently it takes a toll on the CPU, (according to him, I don't know how much).

If it's "digital content", (music, slides, emotes), I've also done a bunch of things for him, (he was using the .gif emotes I gave him, but then he went to YouTube). So it's not like he doesn't have emotes, there's also slides that fans make, and when it comes to the music, it has been suggested to him to put in the rotation copyright-free music that he could incorporate, but he wants something "custom" for him, from what I remember, (like songs about him/his gameplay, or done with his content).

He can surely update his Patreon perks, but that has not been touched in some time, (he still mentions Twitch in it). If you think about giving ideas, you should know that there are already threads for this, so it's not like he doesn't have any input.

The honest truth is that Phil is perfectly fine the way he is, really only the trolls want to change anything up because they know could screw up a winning formula. Phil's streams are just getting better and better really, as he learns that his genuine fans want him to ignore trolls ridiculous suggestions. The only thing that's wrong with the situation is that some folks that enjoy Phil's content and regularly watch the entertaining streams selfishly refuse to contribute. The reason that Phil is having such tight money troubles is that thousands of "fans"(misers) refuse such a simple gesture of gratitude, a pittance of a few dollars a month for Phil's hard work.

Well the number one thing phil can do is a change in attitude, everything else can come later.

The only suggestions he seems to take is when it comes to wearing articles of clothing or eating food.

Just gaming with fans, in a private discord invite would definitely cut off any trolling especially if he's vetted them. Would be so much fun to see and Phil would get to talk to people, not just respond to words on a screen.

On 9/1/2021 at 10:40 PM, dashurkaliderri said:

The reason that Phil is having such tight money troubles is that thousands of "fans"(misers) refuse such a simple gesture of gratitude, a pittance of a few dollars a month for Phil's hard work.

Imagine blaming the viewerbase for Phil's money problems and not the person who caused those money problems in the first place, if there's any at all.

10 hours ago, Dead2009 said:

Imagine blaming the viewerbase for Phil's money problems and not the person who caused those money problems in the first place, if there's any at all.

I'm not blaming Phil's fans I'm just stating the obvious which is that it's very disappointing that people who enjoy hundreds of hours of free quality live streamed and on demand video content can't even find the common decency to toss Phil a few bucks. It's sad and I think probably an indictment of their character really.

If you're trying to imply that Phil is responsible for his money problems, then you're just wrong and bamboozled by the words of a vocal minority of trolls who have been out to destroy Phil's career for years. Phil has a few problems, yes, just like anyone but the trolls are really the ones to blame for his money problems and if those parasites are ever fumigated Phil would soon be a wealthy man.

Edited by dashurkaliderri

5 hours ago, dashurkaliderri said:

I'm not blaming Phil's fans I'm just stating the obvious which is that it's very disappointing that people who enjoy hundreds of hours of free quality live streamed and on demand video content can't even find the common decency to toss Phil a few bucks. It's sad and I think probably an indictment of their character really.

If you're trying to imply that Phil is responsible for his money problems, then you're just wrong and bamboozled by the words of a vocal minority of trolls who have been out to destroy Phil's career for years. Phil has a few problems, yes, just like anyone but the trolls are really the ones to blame for his money problems and if those parasites are ever fumigated Phil would soon be a wealthy man.

Ok, I have to disagree with a lot of this.

Phil is like a charity shop in a mall, Thousands of people walk in, Browse what the store has and then decide "Oh theres nothing here I am interested in" ( And not come back) or "Huh, He's rotating stock tomorrow ( Charity shops rotate stock every day as I used to volunteer in one), I will look then" If people arent buying from the store you can't force them to. It is up to the store to make themselves more attractive to the potential customer.

As for Phil being responsible for his money problems. He kinda is. He went through bankruptcy, That shows he overspent FAR beyond his means to the point he couldnt cover the debt. I have no idea how trolls are responsible for decisions he made himself. They didn't hold a gun to his head and say "Buy that!" or "Go here for food!"

Every streamer / buisness has detractors, Likely due to bad experiences they had there with something involving them ( Examples being "It's not value for money" and "The staff were rude to me") . I'm not saying he should change just for them but if he decides to he should take in EVERYONES opinion and understand what potential issues he has to fix and ask himself "How can I fix them?"

6 hours ago, dashurkaliderri said:

Amen.

13 hours ago, dashurkaliderri said:

1. They arent obligated to donate anything, especially if they cant. What's sad is expecting them to because of their "character".

2. bankruptcy was caused by the trolls? I had NO idea.