The King of Hate Forums

Ask the King Ep. 88: Sept. 30, 2021

Phil

What is your opinion on game emulation? Would you be willing to use an emulator for any of your playthroughs? Do you think of it as piracy, or do you think it helps preserve games? Also, is there any console that isn't emulated very well, or at all, you would like to see a functioning emulator for in the future? While we're at it, is there any game in particular, that isn't emulated very well (if at all) you want to see playable in the future?

I have a few questions I'd like to ask.

1. As someone who has followed you through memes etc. I've grown to ignore the negative things about you and I'm basically hitting my 30s and work a dead end job I would like your advice on how to get started with building an audience to make streaming a side job.

2. So I know you're a variety streamer and I admire that but I've started to notice that when you're enjoying certain games some viewers and even a few mods in past years seem to derail those games for example Phoenix Wright MLB and even your current Danganronpa playthrough. I just want to say keep up the perseverance and enjoy you.  Will you ever consider pointing such things out since this is your livelihoods.

Next question since you've stopped watching Wrestling period will you still consider playing the latest wwe game? I feel this might make your playthrough interesting since sadly the only updates you get are via trolls and some viewers. Also if possible would you give the AEW video game a shot as well? There's likely to be a lot of familiar faces there.

Hey, Phil. There are times when life gets hard and our mind tries its best to make us give up and essentially flee from certain ''dangerous'' situations when, from my point of view, they are only there to make us grow as a person! One perfect example would be when you get a new job and that fear we all know suddenly creeps in saying: ''What if I'm not good enough?'' ''What if I don't learn it right way?''  I think these scenarios are very important because, if you contemplate about it a little bit, when forced to get out of our comfort zones we, most of the time, get very anxious and scared and thus have three options: fight, flight(flee) or freeze. Very rarely do people have the mental capacity to think through these situations and take the best course of action; they generally run or completely freeze. Having that in mind, what is your opinion on mental toughness? do you think it is possible to train your mind so that when something happens unexpectedly we can be able to take action in a more resourceful way instead of letting our mind dictate our behaviour? 

Thanks! 

• 3 weeks later...

( may edit in the future)

Having seen in recent months that your overall income has declined and your recent ideas ( Feasting with the king, the hats) have failed to boost your income ( and memberships) in the long term (and some would argue have cost you money). Do you have any plans to rectify this situation or is it stick with the status quo and hope something happens with Youtube?

Edited by Daishi

• 3 weeks later...

What are your thoughts on the president deciding to head to the beach 3 hours before the Pentagon announces they droned 10 people including an afghan translator, his brother and their combined 7 children during the Afghanistan retreat.

Also what are your thoughts on the reports the Administration pushed it as a strike killing ISIS fighters with no knowledge as a PR stunt to try to turn a bad news cycle around.

You called the previous guy an evil motherfucker(which is fair enough if you truly believe it), would this action that the Biden admin did count as evil as well?

Hey Phil, its GothySenpai. I origionally found your channel through reviewtechusa and became a huge fan of your livestreams. I can understand your fustration with Rich but you and Rich are my two favorite Youtubers and I wish one day you can both have a livestream together. Do you think going on his podcast would help you gain supporters for your channel? maybe it will give a chance to let people know how awesome you are. Thankyou so much for reading this and keep being the great person you are. :smile:

I know this is a sensitive topic; but do you think it will ever be possible for Kat to be reintroduced into the streams in some way? Perhaps not immediately into a full on stream but off screen through co op either with or without microphone. I was just thinking if we found a way to insulate her from the trolling and disgusting behavior from certain individuals, it might be possible? 

I know you're very determined to live in the Seattle area, but if you for some reason chose or had to move to a different state; would you move back to CT or where would you like to move? 

Could you update us on the progress of your YouTube streaming career a bit? as in, how are the financials looking when compared to Twitch, are the members and superchat getting close to the old Twitch income or not and if they do would you ever go back to your old 100 dollar tip goals? 

Considering how hard a lot of Gamepass games have seemingly flopped in recent times/streams, have you revised your opinion on the breakthrough of this subscription service or do you still think it has the potential to 'change the face of gaming'? 

Now that you've been streaming on YouTube for a few months, how would you compare the experience as a streamer on YouTube vs Twitch? Has your perception changed since you started a few months ago or were things about how you predicted they would be in terms of chat, ease of use, features etc.

A few months ago you claimed that none of your fans would receive your support when engaged in 'DMCA false flagging'; is this a statement you still stand by or have you changed your opinion? I think recently, for instance the DSP detractor subreddit was taken down, and even though I think it was a devious nest of snakes & trolls, it might open Pandoras box with the DMCA claims.

Do you think, as you have and continue to age, that your taste in games has changed? When you were younger you seemed more into action oriented, fast paced games with a lot of challenge, fun or destruction, whereas now you seem to mostly enjoy story driven, slower paced games with perhaps more strategy and choice-making than action. 

A lot of people, I think, have aging anxiety as they approach the big 30, 40 and 50 age milestones. Have you pondered on this topic recently or are you not the kind of person to feel angst over arbitrary numbers? Even though things have been rough for you at times, you still have a beautiful family, nice house and successful career so I think you have little reason for anxiety, but it's a natural human thing. 

Although perfectly understandable why; you've not been disclosing much specific about Kat in recent times. But perhaps you could discuss and disclose some of your long term plans and what you plan to change, do, experience and enjoy in the short- and long term future? As in travels, fixing stuff around the house etc. 

Edited by snowkarl

Have you ever heard about the thought experiment called: "Mary's Room"? What is your analysis of this experiment? Any opinions on it?

If you haven't, there's a bit of time to read on it to get the idea since the premises are simple enough, (literal 10 seconds read), then come up with the answer on stream. It'll be fun & refreshing from game-related questions.

Mary.thumb.jpg.a3e753f4b03475846dc4e9060627d476.jpg

Edited by MoraMoria

Hello Philip, I was wondering if your had considered signing up to Odysee/LRBY after our email conversation? They automatically backup all of your YouTube videos without needing any effort from you. This would also be another platform to stream off of if your YouTube account if it would ever get banned by the trolls like with what they did on Twitch.

Happy trails, brother.

Who is your favourite Dragon Ball character from classic Dragon Ball? And who is your favourite from Z. Did you see Super/Broly movie.

hello phil! 

since covid is still going and people are still refusing to get vaxxed, putting people in life threatening situations, should hospitals refuse treatments to unvaccinated people? furthermore, should we refuse treatments to people who have health issues that could have been avoided. for example: people who have unprotected sex and got a std or fat people that got health issues because they are obese. these examples could be avoided, so why do we let these people waste resources , hospital beds and peoples time when those issues could be avoided in the first place? i guess what im trying to say is, should we held people accountable for their health as much as we do with unvaccinated people? 

thank you! (and sorry if i made grammatical errors, English isn't my first language. ) ✌️

Have you ever thought about playing Co op games such as X-men, Monopoly, Mario Party, Metal Slug, or Golden Axe? These and other games where you can't team kill each other but you can play with fans (given the options?) Trolls can't ruin the game because there's no way to kill or interfere with you.

First I wanna it's nice to be back on your video's Phil, And nice to see you're doing good since the days on twitch. By The Way I do miss over night cheering. My Question is about Psychonauts 2 failing. I feel your views was spot on about Microsoft not marking the game properly, And while Psychonauts 2 was great game because Microsoft invested alot of money to the games development that helped add the previously cut Boss fights back in and even getting Jack Black in the game.  Some ways I feel the marketing could've been better is if Microsoft did a full Remake of the original Psychonauts & it's VR game before releasing Psychonauts 2, Case and Point Square Enix made sure people got to play Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 before releasing KH3. As for if there will be a Psychonauts 3, Only way I see that game being successful is for Microsoft to put it on hold until the next gen Xbox comes out and make a Day One launch title.

Hi Phil, I'm a big fan of yours. I'm not a serious gamer but my boyfriend is and so I'm always watching your stuff. I hope my question isn't too weird but I wanted to help set your new mood with a definitively positive question: what color are Kat's eyes? Thanks Phil, I'm a huge fan of you both and Jasper too <3 

11 minutes ago, clothedcitizen said:

Hi Phil, I'm a big fan of yours. I'm not a serious gamer but my boyfriend is and so I'm always watching your stuff. I hope my question isn't too weird but I wanted to help set your new mood with a definitively positive question: what color are Kat's eyes? Thanks Phil, I'm a huge fan of you both and Jasper too <3 

Baiting for PII, eh?

If your boyfriend is such a big fan maybe you should ask him.

What games do you and Jasper Kitty Burnell play together? Do y’all ever play the floor is lava together?

For the new hat once we reach 325 members, can you get a #1 dad hat? I think it’d be cute and funny because your such a good father for Jasper.

Hi Phil, looking forward to the next Ask The King and thank you for answering my questions in the previous episode.

Here are my questions for the next episode:

1. (This is more of a suggestion for the stream and would like your thoughts) What do you think of the idea to have a top tipper of the month who would get to choose one of the menu items on a future Feasting With The King episode?
  2. For someone that does not currently have a NextGen console (PS5 or Xbox Series X), do you think it is smarter to wait for a pro version to be released in the coming years or purchase the base model now at retail price (if one can even get their hands on one)?
  3. How long do you think you can realistically stream for a living? I think it would be pretty unique to see a 60-70 year old man being a gamer/streamer as this has never been done (to my knowledge at least). Could you keep going strong for another 25 years? If not, what are some of your interests as to other means of income?
  4. In the spirit of October, can you name a few of your favorite horror movies of all time? Also, do you have a favorite sub-genre of Horror that you like (paranormal, psychological, slasher, etc.)?

Thanks Phil and looking forward to the Halloween event!

• Phil locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic